• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sagan

• Marvin

• pettigrewsstylist

Quite looking forward to this one tonight. Really enjoy our games v Aberdeen and if not for Hickey and Dickey earlier in the season we would have left with a win.

Also despite winning at the weekend we seem to enjoy the distraction of the cup matches from the league struggles. I reckon we win tonight.

2-1 Hearts.

A win tonight could be the turning point in our season. Not only another semi final but going into this weekends league fixture gives us a chance to get into that winning mentality which is so often spoken about. Looking forward to it. I just hope it doesn’t piss down. 

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

2-1 Hearts.

Uche and Meshino.

This is how I'd like us to line up.

20190925_112817.jpg

No question. That’s the side and formation for me 👍

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Thought this was on TV tonight... Disappointed but not surprised that its one of the uglies instead. 

This is clearly the tie of the round as well. 

To be fair I think Rangers v Livi could be a decent game considering it is at the Toni Mac. Rangers struggled there last season. 

2-1 Hearts.

Uche and Meshino.

20190925_112817.jpg

Would agree with that with the one exception being Damour in for Iriving.

Just feel that Irving was bullied a bit v Motherwell and Aberdeen will be just as physical if not more !  

Even before the Hibs game I kinda fancied us for this one. Aberdeen seem to be coasting by but not playing very well. We have a weirdly good record against Aberdeen ah Tynie. 

1-0 Hearts tonight. 

2-1 Hearts.

Uche and Meshino.

20190925_112817.jpg

Pretty sure that will be the line up 👍

6 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Just feel that Irving was bullied a bit v Motherwell and Aberdeen will be just as physical if not more !  

I was thinking that but Aberdeen are missing Bryson and are riddled with injuries too. I'm hoping their mindset for the game is to not be as physical as they usually are. 

Starting Damour and bringing on Irving might be what is more likely to happen though.

Edited by Dallas Green

Can't see clean sheet for either team tonight, so I'll go for 2-2 and penalties, Clare slotting the winning penalty away to the anger of almost everyone on the Sean Clare thread.

You can see why Hearts have decided to have a cash gate tonight in the Gorgie road end (home support only). The ticket sales are way down in fact very poor so far.

I think it's important we not go overboard after the weekend

Up to then we were performing poorly and even on Sunday it was only in the last 30 mins things really improved

Hard to think Sunday will improve performances to such an extent that we move from playing badly to well in a few short hours

Still we are normally not too bad at home against Aberdeen so there is hope for another semi final appearance

An in form Uche will help us greatly

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You can see why Hearts have decided to have a cash gate tonight in the Gorgie road end (home support only). The ticket sales are way down in fact very poor so far.

Says a lot about the recent feeling.

A real shame too, as I love a packed Tunis for this kind of game. I’ll be there but I can understand why many won’t.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

A real shame too, as I love a packed Tunis for this kind of game. I’ll be there but I can understand why many won’t.

No wonder there's hardly any tickets sold, folk are having to travel far...

2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Me too

Some atmosphere :)

Image result for tunis celebrations

Don’t understand those not wanting to go. It’s a home Q-F v the sheep under the lights after a win at Easter Road.

cheer on the boys and get along if you can

43 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Damour was our worst player on Sunday, still don't think he's upto starting regularly yet. 

I'm thinking with Irving it's an easy 2-0 win

The White Cockade

Michael Smith is vital for us

Do we know if he's fit as didn't look 100% when he was subbed at Fester

Hoping he was just being rested

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm sure this will be tight and Aberdeen may even go ahead.

But key is to get right behind team and managemnt up until at least it's clear we will have no chance of getting through.

And if Aberdeen do go ahead and their fans start singing 'getting sacked in the morning' please just get behind the whole team instead of joining in.

It’s more likely to be the Aberdeen fans joining in when we sing it to the wee £800k a year, perma tanned hun in the away dug out, they booed all the was through their 2 nil win at the weekend.  

14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Don’t understand those not wanting to go. It’s a home Q-F v the sheep under the lights after a win at Easter Road.

cheer on the boys and get along if you can

This. 

August Landmesser
31 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No wonder there's hardly any tickets sold, folk are having to travel far...

Aberdeen would still have 576000 in the away end though.

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Damour was our worst player on Sunday, still don't think he's upto starting regularly yet. 

I'm thinking with Irving it's an easy 2-0 win

Think Damour just has to adjust to the pace of the game up here, and realise that he'll get no time on the ball. Soon as he does that, he'll be fine. Until then, swapping between him and Irving as sub/starter would do.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, August Landmesser said:

Think Damour just has to adjust to the pace of the game up here, and realise that he'll get no time on the ball. Soon as he does that, he'll be fine. Until then, swapping between him and Irving as sub/starter would do.

I agree

He's a good footballer otherwise he wouldn't have started and played every game for Cardiff;s Championship season, the season that they were promoted

There is a stark interest in our game compared to other leagues and fans need to give these players time to adjust, despite how clichéd that phrase is

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

2-1 Hearts.

Uche and Meshino.

20190925_112817.jpg

If he picks this team, and he lets us play with the handbrake off for once, then we should go through, however if he picks the same sort of side as he did against Motherwell, then we're out, and it really is anyone's guess as to what tactics and team formation/selection the dinosaur will come away with next, I really hope it's the above team. 

Absolute Scenes
25 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

First game back mate, assuming it was just to rest

He just looked knackered

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

He had been out with a hamstring issue and according to Levein he was cramping up and that was the reason for taking him off.

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Smith was suffering from cramp at the end. 

Fine for tonight. 

51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If he picks this team, and he lets us play with the handbrake off for once, then we should go through, however if he picks the same sort of side as he did against Motherwell, then we're out, and it really is anyone's guess as to what tactics and team formation/selection the dinosaur will come away with next, I really hope it's the above team. 

Probably the same team that started against the Hobos with  virtually the same subs being made

Edited by Hearts007

I'm in Tenerife, any suggestions on where to watch - I see whisky jar is a popular suggestion but looks like they are showing the Celtic and the Rangers games. Worse case scenario I'll have to watch it on my tablet.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

You know that Sunday was great but many fans will only come back when there are managerial changes and I believe if we hadn’t sold so many season tickets our league crowds would be well down. This game tonight will prove that point as it’s not a Season Ticket game because i’d say that a quarter final tie v Aberdeen should draw a crowd of at least 16,000 fans including Dons fans.

Just now, mitch41 said:

You know that Sunday was great but many fans will only come back when there are managerial changes and I believe if we hadn’t sold so many season tickets our league crowds would be well down. This game tonight will prove that point as it’s not a Season Ticket game because i’d say that a quarter final tie v Aberdeen should draw a crowd of at least 16,000 fans including Dons fans.

No way! 🤯

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Damour gives the ropey defence better protection, I'd start him with a view to taking Irving on later in the match. Morrison in for Clare

Lord Beni of Gorgie

On the crowd, been mentioned already, only 14k for last years QF when we were flying high, playing top stuff, so not a surprise to see it down for this one.

Meshino is worth coming to watch alone IMHO. Going to cherish the time we get with him to be honest, fancy him to be the deciding factor this evening

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Can’t see anything on website re cash gate yet? 

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just making it up to suit your agenda again eh Mitch? Let’s see how many Dons fans actually turn up.