*** Heart of Midlothian Match Thread v Aberdeen***

gov

14 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Rest Clare is putting it kindly and swapping Hickey with White not a chance, the young guy will be buzzing after yesterday.

When I read SRBs post I thought he was saying bring in Hickey for Whyte.

That will be the modern man way of the Queens English I suppose.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sagan

• Marvin

• pettigrewsstylist

Confident that if Levein gets the team and set-up right (which for me is the 4-2-3-1 that others have highlighted) then we will win this.

Wouldn't disagree with line-up proposed either as most of it picks itself.

Perreira

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

Damour/Irving   Whelan

Morrison/Clare  Meshino   Mulraney

Uche

Only 2 question marks are as noted above - Irving or Damour, Morrison or Clare. Clare has had more than enough chances for me so I'd give Morrison the nod. Not so sure about the centre mid spot.

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Perreira

Damour/Irving   Whelan

Uche

Looking at that  team, I think it will be a close game with many players nullifying each other.

It's most likely going to come down to how long we can frustrate you, who gets the first goal and possible down to an individual creating that piece of difference in the game.

IveSeenTheLight
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Close run thing this.  I'm going 2-1 but because istl irks me so much, I'm upping it to 3-1.

I'm surprised you're giving us 1 😂

Maybe because Berra will be playing I presume

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Whilst your wife texts Davie to say the plan worked perfectly and she’ll see him about 7:30. 

Wondered why I was at the games myself.

****ing Dave!

IveSeenTheLight
20 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Offered seats in my car to umpteen Sheep,  no takers.

All shitting themselves for some unknown reason 

Maybe they just don't want to be honest with you 😝

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Confident that if Levein gets the team and set-up right (which for me is the 4-2-3-1 that others have highlighted) then we will win this.

Perreira

Damour/Irving   Whelan

Uche

Only 2 question marks are as noted above - Irving or Damour, Morrison or Clare. Clare has had more than enough chances for me so I'd give Morrison the nod. Not so sure about the centre mid spot.

I thought Damour and Clare were pretty poor against Hibs but having said that Irving was poor against Motherwell.

Clare seems to start every match so I can't see CL changing it so it will be between Damour and Irving who partners Whelan.

I saw that Aberdeen played a 4-2-3-1 formation at Livingston and would imagine they will do the same tomorrow and we will probably match up.

On 23/09/2019 at 12:57, Sir Gio said:

Mulraney definitely should play, his final ball is poor at the moment but he is linking well with Ryo

The linkup is on a footballing brain wave too, I don't think Meshino will understand a word Jake says nor will he come the end of loan :D  

On 23/09/2019 at 10:09, kila said:

Need to keep a back 4 formation that is working (last 30 mins v Hibs). Can be a 442 with Meshino off Uche, or 4231 which is my preference:

Pereira

Smith       Halkett      Berra       Hickey

Irving       Whelan

Morrison     Meshino       Mulraney

Uche

This is the team for me without a doubt. 

3 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Perreira

Damour/Irving   Whelan

Uche

Irving and Morrison for me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Maybe they just don't want to be honest with you 😝

No, they are not arseholes. Don't judge everyone by yourself  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, kila said:

The linkup is on a footballing brain wave too, I don't think Meshino will understand a word Jake says nor will he come the end of loan :D  

Just makes Ryo the same as everyone else  :)

Big Slim Stylee

Put me down as an old misery but I just feel this is maybe a couple of games too early 🙁 But I’ll be there to be telt of my shocking lack of faith.....

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Put me down as an old misery but I just feel this is maybe a couple of games too early 🙁 But I’ll be there to be telt of my shocking lack of faith.....

Funny, this is the only game I have felt confident about!

I think we are likely to win this but get beat on Saturday.....

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Funny, this is the only game I have felt confident about!

I think we are likely to win this but get beat on Saturday.....

Well that balances out my abject miseryness😀

IveSeenTheLight
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No, they are not arseholes. Don't judge everyone by yourself  :)

I wasn’t referring to them as arseholes 🤣

51 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I wasn’t referring to them as arseholes 🤣

Where do you predict Aberdeen will finish this season mate?  A good mate of mine has a season ticket at Pittodrie and he's desperate for Mcinnes to leave

IveSeenTheLight
12 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Where do you predict Aberdeen will finish this season mate?  A good mate of mine has a season ticket at Pittodrie and he's desperate for Mcinnes to leave

‘Yeah, there is a growing call for McInnes to be replaced.

Its just not happening in the next 3 years to be honest.

As for final league placing, we have to be targeting Europe, so top 4.

Outwith the two arse cheeks, it’ll come down to consistency and those that can put a run together.

Hearts are strong in paper but seem to fail to churn out results.

Motherwell look strong, but also hugely inconsistent.

Were currently third, but now hitting a run of games where we might struggle to pick up some points, so likely to drop to 4th or 5th. We certainly need to improve to secure Europe.

Its all a bit early to tell to be honest.

coatbridgejambo
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm surprised you're giving us 1 😂

Maybe because Berra will be playing I presume

Only we are aloud to criticize Berra on here thank you very much.by we I mean genuine hearts fans :peepwall: 

Predictions? 

Aberdeen aren't as good as they have been in recent times but they're still beating an on form Livi 2-0 away from home while playing shite and find themselves 3rd in the table. 

The heat will be off Levein if he get's a result tomorrow, i think it's too big an ask though. 

He's no tactical genius and i think we'll struggle without naismith and haring. 

Edited by Sagan

IveSeenTheLight
20 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Predictions? 

Aberdeen aren't as good as they have been in recent times but they're still beating an on form Livi 2-0 away from home while playing shite and find themselves 3rd in the table. 

The heat will be off Levein if he get's a result tomorrow, i think it's too big an ask though. 

He's no tactical genius and i think we'll struggle without naismith and haring. 

Naismith certainly turned the game up at Pittodrie at the start of the season.

we’re not playing well though and the Livi result flattered us.

Tomorrow will be tough but I’ll take a win by whatever means.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Still won 0-2 at Livi. It will suit the Dons to be away. 

Livi were the better team and we did a smash and grab.

Tynecastle is always a tough place for us to visit and you’ll be up for it given your derby comeback and win.

C8FBD9EC-DB5A-4586-813B-9D55BDB5C51E.jpeg

We need the first goal in this game. The highs of Sunday will pass very quickly if they score first.

I also worry about how much Sunday took out the players, emotionally and physically. 

If we get an early goal the place will the rocking and that might just be enough to get them over the line.

7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Looking at that  team, I think it will be a close game with many players nullifying each other.

It's most likely going to come down to how long we can frustrate you, who gets the first goal and possible down to an individual creating that piece of difference in the game.

A bit like Mallan did for the wee team on Sunday.  Oh wait....

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

A bit like Mallan did for the wee team on Sunday.  Oh wait....

‘Yeah, there’s always the exceptions and it’s never always the case.

It can make a big difference though.

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Predictions? 

He's no tactical genius and i think we'll struggle without naismith and haring

As both have not played for so long never mind together, your statement just reeks of pish or your hatred for Levein shines through, difficult one. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

As both have not played for so long never mind together, your statement just reeks of pish or your hatred for Levein shines through, difficult one. :facepalm:

Not really, considering we've been struggling ever since they got INJURED

12 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

You're wrong. 

I think it reeks of pish AND hatred of Levein.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling error

5 hours ago, kila said:

TBF I don't understand a word Jake says!

portobellojambo1

I think we have a chance of winning tomorrow night, but we will have to play differently to any game we have played so far at Tynecastle and a lot better than we did against Hibs on Sunday. Sunday proved to me that Hibs fans at work who were telling me for a wee while now they are absolutely shite were bang on the money. Other than our opening league game up there I've not seen anything of Aberdeen but someone was saying they got booed off the park at the weekend after beating Livingston. If we approach the game properly you just never know, we could do it, and it is a cup tie, so I don't care if we win 1-0 or 10-0, both will achieve the same end outcome.

John mcCartney
7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Clare seems to start every match so I can't see CL changing it so it will be between Damour and Irving who partners Whelan.

Its about time Levein gets fecking shot of the Project Clair ,and hopefully it starts proper tomoro eve ......

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

Its about time Levein gets fecking shot of the Project Clair ,and hopefully it starts proper tomoro eve ......

I agree but I am not so sure CL will.

Hopefully it’s not pishing down like it was at dinner time today. I hate wearing a coat this time of year. It’s still to warm but you know it might pish down at any minute.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

I think it's about having better options in attacking midfield - I don't see him starting when Naismith and Walker are fit.

If Morrison is only good for 30 mins, I think he'll be used late game and replace Clare like he did at Hibs.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think it's about having better options in attacking midfield - I don't see him starting when Naismith and Walker are fit.

If Morrison is only good for 30 mins, I think he'll be used late game and replace Clare like he did at Hibs.

100%

With options of walker, Naismith, Meshino and Morrison, he'll play less. 

He's played a lot due to injuries. 

Not all his fault but I shudder to think of his Hearts win record, particularly in league games when on the pitch. 

30 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Sean Clare is a talent. And he needs as much experience as he can get. And he has had a lot of experience at Hearts. 

If Walker and Naismith were fit, he would get to compete for playing, rather than taking responsibility as his only choice. 

Mulraney, Clare, Morrison are really gifted footballers. They have skills. 

Hearts are trying to be a place that recognises talent, and gives players opportunities to develop.

This is what Craig Levein has has learned. He isn't just trying to win first team games, he is also trying to maximise every input of players.

I'm not convinced by what type of talent he is. There's types of talent that can do lots of keepy uppies, types that can dribble, etc, but there's a type that's great with the ball at their feet yet not particularly good at actually playing football.

I'm starting to think that while Clare certainly has attributes, he just doesn't know how to do enough of the right things on the pitch to make him an effective footballer, making good runs, finding good spaces, seeing and making good passes etc.

I've given him every chance but despite nice flashes here and there he still hasn't shown up, and it's starting to look like he isn't going to. 

In my probably old fashioned view, cup ties are all about getting stuck right in.  Applies to both sides of course but home advantage should be telling.

You still need a game plan of course which exploits your perceived strengths and their weaknesses.

I'm hoping for a performance full of energy and commitment and a real attacking threat.  Looking forward to Ryo's contribution with another successful performance under his belt.

Strongly fancy Hearts to win and Halkett to score.

honestly not sure how this one will go, i think its really important we dont turn on the players with the first missed pass! lets get behind them tonight!! 

Hopefully we kick on, after a brilliant come back in the derby, we need the win.

if it's the same team as Sunday, but with Clare being left out, hoping that's the case, then we'll win comfortably, but will Levein leave him out??? I hope so, but even after being subbed against the vermin, I think Levein will start him, to the annoyance of many a Hearts fan, personally,  I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11. eager to know the team Levein picks!

HHGH 

Thought this was on TV tonight... Disappointed but not surprised that its one of the uglies instead. 

This is clearly the tie of the round as well. 

I'm sure this will be tight and Aberdeen may even go ahead.

But key is to get right behind team and managemnt up until at least it's clear we will have no chance of getting through.

And if Aberdeen do go ahead and their fans start singing 'getting sacked in the morning' please just get behind the whole team instead of joining in.