British teams in Europa League

Morgan

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

ManUre are actually rather impressive tonight imo 

Yeah, they weren’t too shabby, were they?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just be a little faster and more direct in some of their attacks and they could be very good. 

Could have lost tonight. Could also have been 6-0 easily. 

Excellent dive by Martial to win his overrated team a penalty.  Copenhagen denied a free kick on the edge of Man U box from a handball by Lindelof.  Blatant hand ball.

38 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And why are Manchester United ‘overrated’ in your expert opinion?

They are an established club that get wank commentary constantly overrating their players.  Even when they are clearly under performing.

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They are an established club that get wank commentary constantly overrating their players.  Even when they are clearly under performing.

Mostly hammered in the media for being rubbish since not long after Moyes took over. 

Cautious support from exciting potential just now. But most of the media talk is still about Liverpool and Man City. Justifiably. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

incredible the transformation since signing Fernandes. Shows how one player can make a huge difference.

I hope I can somehow manage to contain my excitement in expectation of Scottish sides strutting their stuff in Europe this season.

18 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Ah!  The old ‘it’s cool to hate Man. Utd’ thing, eh?

Got you now.  

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Ah!  The old ‘it’s cool to hate Man. Utd’ thing, eh?

Got you now.  

No.  I genuinely think most of them are overrated.  The goalkeeper Degea, Pogba, Rashford , Martial.  There will be more.  I used to absolutely go nuts whenever I saw Jones in the squad.

Currently some of the players get a pass mark of value for money but not many.  I like Romero the keeper and the two new signing Fernando and Ighalo.  Matic I like for standard in play and professionalism.

I think the club being what it has achieved clearly get the instant plaudits no matter what players are playing like, even some ex-players berated some of the players, so I am not alone.  

Anyway  I think it was unfair for Copenhagen to go out on a penalty and not get justice for simple free kick to a handball.  Winds me up that further.

👍

Anyway it's a new night of games, hopefully it's a good and fair game for Wolves v Sevilla.

36 minutes ago, Masonic said:

good odds on wolves tonight

indeed, could be a draw, same odds.   Another Extra time match most likely or 1 of them hanging on to win by a goal.

4 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Needs to speak to the Thumb and Rooney I think.

The Thumb can construct a sentence?

Pull the other one.  :lol: 

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Shit pen. 

Adama's pace is frightening. 

Would love wolves to win, then tank Man Utd in the semi's

I’m assuming he’s to run himself ragged for 60/65 minutes. They’re beating the crap out off him.

copa-mundial
13 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’m assuming he’s to run himself ragged for 60/65 minutes. They’re beating the crap out off him.

I think Adama has a bigger influence on the game when he comes on as a sub. His pace up against tiring legs. Imagine being a full back against that. 

You're right though. Probably hauled off early into the second half

I’ve never forgiven Wolves for the Texaco Cup!

So I’m pleased they will not be in the CL by winning the ELC!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

It says a lot that Wolves, a team that was in the second tier of English football can be competitive against a Spanish side like Sevilla.

The board should invest money into this project because the potential is clear.

The Continental Op

And Rennes had the last laugh over Celtic - they didn’t care about finishing last in their  Europa League group, but concentrated on  Ligue 1, ended 3rd when it was curtailed and have  now been bumped up to an auto place in the Champions League groups.

2-0 Sevilla :)  🍊 🍊 - 0️⃣

I was surprised how good they were versus Wolves.  I missed them versus Roma, they were good I heard.  If Man Utd take their chances at counter attacks it will be a hard match for Sevilla.  

4 minutes ago, Eno said:

Man U get their 22nd penalty of the season. Who do they think they are, Celtic!!

This one was a stonewall one tbf.

It was a a contact challenge after he took the shot.  Something you see not even get considered usually, but the ref gave it.  Fair enough it was a sliding challenge, he might've left the ground as well. 

Typical Man Utd luck though, they are still missing their chances.  Sevilla are a bit rattled and not fully on their game but did get that goal.  Good first half 👍

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Terrible defending, to go all Alan Hansen for a moment.

Absolutely woeful.  Lindelof having a right go at Fernandes. 

Tennant's  6's
43 minutes ago, Cade said:

This week's results in Europe have been :sweeet:

Haha, very much so. 

If Carlsberg done football results.. 

12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

United like city thought they just had to show up.

Both big let downs on the night.

Is it just me but what is it with football at the highest level now that players think they’re soo good they can just tippy tappy  passed defenders?

what ever happened to taking a shot/having a go? Peter Lorimer style.

I love to watch good football and these teams are brilliant but for crying out loud just leather the bloody thing.

20 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

United like city thought they just had to show up.

Both big let downs on the night.

I don't like Man U but how you can say that I don't know. From what I saw of the game , especially in the early part of the 2nd half United should've had the game wrapped up given the numerous chances.

As for City, Pep messed up his tactics and paid the French far too much respect. Playing two defensive mids in that game was a terrible  waste of attacking options and he relied way too much on Sterling - and see how that turned out. 

They both got knocked out but for entirely different reasons. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm in a Liverpool boozer, hoping for a good game. 

2 pubs round the corner, jam packed. Live singers on. 

🙄

Romelu Lukaku plays his 50th game with Inter in all competitions, more than any other player on Serie A 2019-20 and first Inter’s player to reach this milestone since Zanetti (52) and Eto’o (53) in 2010-11.