Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Tidy finish. I wouldnt trust any of our forwards to score on the break like that.

Mon braga sake

looking unlikely now

Rangers have been very good and have created 5 or 6 good chances. 
We are in for a tough time this weekend with the numpties in our defence!!! 

More bad news for us I'm afraid.  If they win against such a good side they will be cock a hoop when they get to Tynecastle.  According to the BBC,  they have missed 3 other golden opportunities - away from home.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

More bad news for us I'm afraid.  If they win against such a good side they will be cock a hoop when they get to Tynecastle.  According to the BBC,  they have missed 3 other golden opportunities - away from home.

Aye, not looking good for the cup tie.

You never know though, Doug.

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I honestly don't care about the cup tie, the league is what we should be focusing on. 

The cup tie could play an important part in our league survival and it is nonsense to state any Hearts fan should not care about a quarter final tie

Little thought of the benefits it could bring and money is one of them as is confidence in the team and for the fans

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aye, not looking good for the cup tie.

You never know though, Doug.

We'll be keeping the faith Morgan.  One day soon, this 3 season nightmare will be history.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Decent showing by Rangers to be fair. Can only be good for Scottish football's profile 

In practical terms it means 2 teams in the Champions League qualifiers next season after Celtic and Rangers performances this season

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Braga chucked this ,should have been out of sight in the first game

Braga have played for 60/65 minutes of the 180 and that is why they are out

Tonight they have been beaten and Rangers deserved to win

Just now, Irufushi said:

Maclean and Rae tossing each it hoff in the commentary box 🤢

Not doubt be the greatest result in football history

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Braga have played for 60/65 minutes of the 180 and that is why they are out

Tonight they have been beaten and Rangers deserved to win

Expected far more from them tonight..utter dire

Arthur Morgan
21 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The cup tie could play an important part in our league survival and it is nonsense to state any Hearts fan should not care about a quarter final tie

Little thought of the benefits it could bring and money is one of them as is confidence in the team and for the fans

Oh well, I'm not fussed if we lose, all I care about is staying up now. 

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Oh well, I'm not fussed if we lose, all I care about is staying up now. 

lots will no doubt say the same..then go ape shit on here if it happens

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Maclean and Rae tossing each other off in the commentary box 🤢

Apparently a lot of sectarian singing going on.... hopefully one for the Uefa compliance boys to hammer them with. 

VagabondJambo

Well that was an object lesson in how NOT to play against Rangers in a cup-tie!

Not only were Braga a mere shadow of the team we saw in the first 60 minutes at Ibrox, but the tactics were poor.  They spent much of the game faffing around in the middle of the park, no urgency, no attack, no press whatsoever.

Rangers were meh - against that team, Stendelpress will be victorious on Saturday!  3-2, maybe even 4-2 if we click!

They’ve done well to be fair, both of them have done really well in Europe this season.

The increased profile to Scottish football from them both (potentially) reaching atleast the last 16 is another reason we really can’t go down this year.

Footballfirst

That's any immediate financial concerns for TRFC eased with another £1.1m earned in prize money for reaching the last 16.  They will also get another £1.5m+ in revenue from their next home tie, assuming they are not forced to play behind closed doors because of their songbook.

In footballing terms, no-one can deny that they have done incredibly well to get that far. 

A 2nd CL qualifying place, together with later entry to the competition, is all but guaranteed for season 2021/22 with the coefficient rapidly rising with both Celtic and Rangers efforts.

15 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

They’ve done well to be fair, both of them have done really well in Europe this season.

The increased profile to Scottish football from them both (potentially) reaching atleast the last 16 is another reason we really can’t go down this year.

Aye, was just thinking that. Five places in Europe up for grabs next season and we’re not there !

😐

This doesn't change anything for the cup tie. They beat Braga last week too then struggled at St Johnstone. But there still has to be realism. They are a very good side indeed.

They do well in Europe because these Euro sides play an open game while the likes of SJ don't. If we're being honest it has to be conceded that they're a far better side than Hearts and they have to played in a certain manner. If they get into a rhythm it's over.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Aye, was just thinking that. Five places in Europe up for grabs next season and we’re not there !

😐

Just have to keep winning the SC

Bonnar's just called FC Copenhagen the Scandinavian club. 

I reckon he'd forgotten the name of the club Sellick are playing (he does that with Scottish clubs) but I don't believe Denmark/Danes are "Scandinavian"?

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I reckon he'd forgotten the name of the club Sellick are playing (he does that with Scottish clubs) but I don't believe Denmark/Danes are "Scandinavian"?

Well Denmark is in Scandinavia, so he's technically correct. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think you're maybe thinking of Finland 👍

1 minute ago, stan said:

I think you're maybe thinking of Finland 👍

I was, Stan. 

I knew one of the Nordic countries wasn't Scandinavian and got it wrong. 

Feck sake, Pat Bonnar's better at geography than me. The shame. 😭

18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well Denmark is in Scandinavia, so he's technically correct. 

He is correct, FH. 

Still a tw*t, however. 

Edited by martoon

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Celtic look the better side here. 

good to read.  I need them uglies to win.  can't force myself enough to watch it.

Fly the Saltire

All Hearts supporters should be willing Celtic  on to win this evening thus ensuring Scotland has two reps in  Champions League qualifiers after 2020/21 and thereafter.  Hopefully  we will be in a position to challenge for a Europa place next year.

Also disgraceful that  BBC / STV/ SFA/ SPLFL  did not condemn the religious bigotry from Rangers supporters in Braga.  A blind eye doesn't help to resolve this cancer.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Fly the Saltire said:

All Hearts supporters should be willing Celtic  on to win this evening thus ensuring Scotland has two reps in  Champions League qualifiers after 2020/21 and thereafter.  Hopefully  we will be in a position to challenge for a Europa place next year.

Also disgraceful that  BBC / STV/ SFA/ SPLFL  did not condemn the religious bigotry from Rangers supporters in Braga.  A blind eye doesn't help to resolve this cancer.

You carry on, I hope they get pumped.