British teams in Europa League

Morgan

19 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

With very average players Rangers have qualified for the group stages of the Europa League for the last two years.

im sorry I just can’t fathom how they have achieved this, without sounding like a rabid paranoid idiot, it’s almost as if teams are not really trying against them. 😡😡

The truth is they have played well in Europe under Gerrard, that and the fact McGregor is a outstanding goalkeeper, also coupled with Moredross having that instinct in front of goal. The truth isn't always a popular opinion. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

With very average players Rangers have qualified for the group stages of the Europa League for the last two years.

im sorry I just can’t fathom how they have achieved this, without sounding like a rabid paranoid idiot, it’s almost as if teams are not really trying against them. 😡😡

The answer is Morelos. He's got 10 in 11 Europa games.

If you have someone who can consistently put the ball in the net you will pick up points.

Aberdeen for example have a very average team but with Sam Cosgrove scoring 15 goals already this season they have picked up plenty points in the league.

15 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

The truth is they have played well in Europe under Gerrard, that and the fact McGregor is a outstanding goalkeeper, also coupled with Moredross having that instinct in front of goal. The truth isn't always a popular opinion. 

They also have quite a decent squad.

That will be the green brigade getting their beloved Celtic another fine then. Big banner saying Lazio vaffanculo. Thought they may have spelled it wrongly. 
Basically **** off Lazio. Which I agree with but the authorities might disagree. 

Sexton Hardcastle
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That will be the green brigade getting their beloved Celtic another fine then. Big banner saying Lazio vaffanculo. Thought they may have spelled it wrongly. 
Basically **** off Lazio. Which I agree with but the authorities might disagree. 

Also showing support for another terrorist group. Brigate Rosse (red brigades) left wing mob who did plenty of horrible acts.

HeartOfWestLothian
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Also showing support for another terrorist group. Brigate Rosse (red brigades) left wing mob who did plenty of horrible acts.

"Ohh Ahh Up The Ra" has been audible as well. 

UEFA will do nothing though, they get away with so much in Europe. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

"Ohh Ahh Up The Ra" has been audible as well. 

UEFA will do nothing though, they get away with so much in Europe. 

They get fined all the time in  Europe. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

piddly little fines, nothing that really affects them

HeartOfWestLothian
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

A pittance. 

Surely these fines should accumulate and stadium closures would have been brought in by now. 

It's the same with how UEFA treat racism in this tournament. 

Fines, give me peace. 

1 minute ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

A pittance. 

Surely these fines should accumulate and stadium closures would have been brought in by now. 

Fines, give me peace. 

i remember one of the euros where one country got something like a 20k euro fine for racism and bendtner got an 80k euro fine for showing his boxer shorts with a non approved betting firm.

HeartOfWestLothian
Just now, milky_26 said:

i remember one of the euros where one country got something like a 20k euro fine for racism and bendtner got an 80k euro fine for showing his boxer shorts with a non approved betting firm.

I remember that too. Paddy Power boxers I believe? 

Sums it up for me, all these nice fair play displays before games but UEFA don't actually implement anything that will hurt the teams or their supporters. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

A pittance. 

Fines, give me peace. 

Fair points. 

Bazzas right boot

Sitting in a pub In Liverpool and the whole place explodes. 

Bah. 

I hate those *****. 

Why do they appeal to English folk as well. 

Bazzas right boot

All because that boy hit the post from 5 yards. 

Lazio boys will wreck Glasgow now tho. 

Leave the olace better than they arrived. 

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

They just cant let all this carry on go.  We'll take all this underdog push seriously when they start paying the living wage.  Why aren't the green brigade campaigning for that? It's all about creating this love of the underdog image when they are just a greedy, greedy club.  Sadly fooling some idiots in other countries with this. The good thing is that everyone else in this country know they are full of shite.  Self righteous FC can piss off.  Gutted they got that goal.  

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Spelling is correct !

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Green Brigade in Italian is, basically, Brigate Verdi, which they displayed. They, no doubt, were using it to rile the more right wing elements of the Lazio support but I reckon they’ll get away with that one.

Interesting comment from Popcorn teeth, watching some of the Europa League this season hasn't been a kick off the champions league level(group stage anyway), in all honesty something that seemed realistic maybe 10 years ago, feels almost an impossibility now. 

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sitting in a pub In Liverpool and the whole place explodes. 

Bah. 

I hate those *****. 

Why do they appeal to English folk as well. 

You’re in a pub in Liverpool. The place explodes when Rangers score. I’m struggling to see why. 😀

As things stand, Scotland would go up to the top 15 in the rankings for the start of next season. Can't remember the details about the new 3rd tier competition but think that means we would still be in the top comps. Just need to get out act together and get back to competing for Euro spaces

Sexton Hardcastle
9 hours ago, Boab said:

Green Brigade in Italian is, basically, Brigate Verdi, which they displayed. They, no doubt, were using it to rile the more right wing elements of the Lazio support but I reckon they’ll get away with that one.

Yeah and the star symbol was that of the Rosse. They know what they’re doing sadly.

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

The  sign looked like it said vaffancuco. 

Just the font. It did look like that mind. The demons done their ultra homework, even adding some well known Italian chants like “ Odio Lazio “, ( I hate Lazio ) into their repertoire ! Must have been a buzz coming up against established ultras. A nasty bunch though, Lazio. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’re in a pub in Liverpool. The place explodes when Rangers score. I’m struggling to see why. 😀

Celtic. 

It was the whole place tho, even the singer stopped to celebrate, not just celticy looking group. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Celtic. 

It was the whole place tho, even the singer stopped to celebrate, not just celticy looking group. 

So the pub is full of Everton leaning fans and want Gerrard to fail miserably.

That could maybe be the reason.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

So the pub is full of Everton leaning fans and want Gerrard to fail miserably.

That could maybe be the reason.

Maybe bit the celtic group mixed with them all so unlikely. 

I was just Suprised that everyone was celebrating, proper celebrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal playing tomorrow (Wednesday) with an afternoon kick off...to help traffic in the area it seems

Edited by CJGJ

Sexton Hardcastle

Those IRA songs in the bar seem pretty silly now as the celtic fans scream for the British embassy and police to help them after fans stabbed in Rome.

Those green brigade goons will naturally take a lot of the blame rather than CFC playing the victim card as per usual?

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle