• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Rangers won too, dreadful. 

Yes disastrous isn't it. Why in the world would we want the Scottish co-efficient to improve. The profile of the Scottish game to be raised. Makes no sense to want that does it. Dreadful.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Yes disastrous isn't it. Why in the world would we want the Scottish co-efficient to improve. The profile of the Scottish game to be raised. Makes no sense to want that does it. Dreadful.

:bigyawn:

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

So Celtic get richer and move even further way, 3 trebles, top of the league and in the first cup final already this season! Aye I’m just delighted they won tonight! 

They could win the next two uefa cups and we’d still be playing the Maltese pub teams in June we’re so far down the rankings!

This guy gets it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Not a popular view but:

“As it stands, Scotland are up to 16th in the rankings - having started the campaign in 20th - after roaring past Croatia, Switzerland, Greece and Serbia. We are just a whisker behind Cyprus now.

If it stays that way, the season after next, two Scottish Premiership sides will be in the Champions League qualifiers, with three teams in the Europa League.”

Celtic will always be miles ahead financially - if their success gives us better prospects of success in Europe it seems a bit daft getting angry about it.

Doesnt mean supporting them in any way but we are benefitting in the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

So Celtic get richer and move even further way, 3 trebles, top of the league and in the first cup final already this season! Aye I’m just delighted they won tonight! 

They could win the next two uefa cups and we’d still be playing the Maltese pub teams in June we’re so far down the rankings!

Nail on head again, Rudy!  :thumbsup:

Fly the Saltire

Agree some folk just don't get the bigger picture

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not a popular view but:

“As it stands, Scotland are up to 16th in the rankings - having started the campaign in 20th - after roaring past Croatia, Switzerland, Greece and Serbia. We are just a whisker behind Cyprus now.

If it stays that way, the season after next, two Scottish Premiership sides will be in the Champions League qualifiers, with three teams in the Europa League.”

Celtic will always be miles ahead financially - if their success gives us better prospects of success in Europe it seems a bit daft getting angry about it.

Doesnt mean supporting them in any way but we are benefitting in the bigger picture.

I find it quite depressing. I mean - beating Porto and Lazio, away, the truth is that the SPFL's Shame are actually decent teams in second division European terms. Their Australopithecine fans have stuff to cheer about though it's essential to remember that they celebrate murdering thugs of one sort or another, glorify violence and one lot is living on tick and their dead predecessor died owing money throughout Scottish football.

Saying, 'Ach well, there's the coefficient' is no comfort (especially as Kirkie Rob Roy are not leading candidates for European competition).

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah. 100%

Good result for Celtic, but they are our champions, lazio were 5th last season. 

Nb, they were actualy 8th last season. 

I check the season before. 

Our champions v 8th placed Italian team. 

Gives it Context. 

So does the fact that Lazio’s annual revenue is almost twice that of septic, though.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

So does the fact that Lazio’s annual revenue is almost twice that of septic, though.

Aye, I said its a good result. 

My original post was Scottish football v Italian and putting a bit context on it. 

The Scottish champions v 8th place Italian. 

Folk can chill. It wiz a good result. 

hereford_hearts

This is a good coefficient site. It shows that the arse cheeks have managed to garner the fourth highest points total out of all European countries!

http://m.footballseeding.com/country-ranking/a2019-2020/

If they perform next season as well as this one, and the teams above them do the same, then they would have Scotland up to 10th, which give the champions a place in the group stages!!

"Old Firm getting into the Champion's League group stages and earning £30-50million is a good thing for Scottish football because Hearts might possibly earn £500k from two Europa League qualifiers at some unspecified point in the future thanks to the coefficient"

Have a word with yourselves.

:berra:

1 minute ago, Cade said:

"Old Firm getting into the Champion's League group stages and earning £30-50million is a good thing for Scottish football because Hearts might possibly earn £500k from two Europa League qualifiers at some unspecified point in the future thanks to the coefficient"

You have a word with yourself if that's the height of your hopes and ambitions for Hearts. It wouldn't matter if the OF never qualified for Euro groups, they would still have the same advantage they have always had in Scotland.

The more chances Scotland can get at the Euro pot the better for the league overall. It also raises the profile of the Scottish game which provides leverage for better TV deals. Yet still we have the witless wanting to effectively bite off their own noses to spite their stupid faces.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You have a word with yourself if that's the height of your hopes and ambitions for Hearts. It wouldn't matter if the OF never qualified for Euro groups, they would still have the same advantage they have always had in Scotland.

The more chances Scotland can get at the Euro pot the better for the league overall. It also raises the profile of the Scottish game which provides leverage for better TV deals. Yet still we have the witless wanting to effectively bite off their own noses to spite their stupid faces.

Witless? Stupid?

No need ffs, people dont need to agree with you to be smart.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I won’t use some of your descriptions of fellow posters...ahem...but agree with the post. 
Think we need to look at the bigger picture. They are always going to be much bigger than us but I’d prefer to go up towards them than them coming down to us, if you catch me !

Just now, Smithee said:

Witless? Stupid?

No need ffs, people dont need to agree with you to be smart.

You appear to be entirely missing the point. You think anything but wanting the best for the league overall is just a matter of opinion? Do you have to be smart to grasp the benefits of more Scottish teams getting a chance at Europe?

The chance to raise the profile of the Scottish game improving the chances of better TV and sponsorship deals which benefit everybody? And that's a just a matter of opinion to  you? Mind boggling.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, JFK-1 said:

You appear to be entirely missing the point. You think anything but wanting the best for the league overall is just a matter of opinion? Do you have to be smart to grasp the benefits of more Scottish teams getting a chance at Europe?

The chance to raise the profile of the Scottish game improving the chances of better TV and sponsorship deals which benefit everybody? And that's a just a matter of opinion to  you? Mind boggling.

You’re maybe not coming over the best here, tbh😀

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’re maybe not coming over the best here, tbh😀

I will agree i'm no diplomat. Simply a brutally frank realist.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

People have different points of view, this is a forum where we discuss them. 

If you're going to call people witless and stupid for not sharing your view, it's you that's missing the point of the whole forum.

I guarantee that there are people waaaay smarter than you that don't agree by the way.

19 minutes ago, Cade said:

It is better for us in the bigger picture (if you enjoy getting to watch us play European football).

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

People have different points of view, this is a forum where we discuss them. 

If you're going to call people witless and stupid for not sharing your view, it's you that's missing the point of the whole forum.

I guarantee that there are people waaaay smarter than you that don't agree by the way.

So that's your opinion. Therefore my opinion that there are people way smarter than me who agree with me but countless more who are waaaay dumber disagreeing and have nothing but their own grunting to support their opinion is just as valid.

And I would argue indisputable more valid. My rationale is that it's of benefit to the entire Scottish game. I believe that's smart. Now give us the rationale for wanting Scotland to remain lower down the Euro pecking order. This should be good.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

So that's your opinion. Therefore my opinion that there are people way smarter than me who agree with me but countless more who are waaaay dumber disagreeing and have nothing but their own grunting to support their opinion is just as valid.

And I would argue indisputable more valid. My rationale is that it's of benefit to the entire Scottish game. I believe that's smart. Now give us the rationale for wanting Scotland to remain lower down the Euro pecking order. This should be good.

I dont believe I've offered an opinion on the subject, find someone else to prove how smart you are. 

All I'm saying is that calling people witless and stupid for disagreeing with you on a forum makes you look really stupid.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I dont believe I've offered an opinion on the subject, find someone else to prove how smart you are. 

All I'm saying is that calling people witless and stupid for disagreeing with you on a forum makes you look really stupid.

Ok let's agree i'm stupid. Now educate me on how intelligent those who disagree with my views on the Scottish co-efficient being improved are. How smart they must be to not want more Scottish teams to get a chance at Europe.

How smart they are to not want the chance of improved TV and sponsorship deals. You're the one declaring that's not stupid. I disagree and have explained why. What's your explanation for their stupid views given how smart they are.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Ok let's agree i'm stupid. Now educate me on how intelligent those who disagree with my views on the Scottish co-efficient being improved are. How smart they must be to not want more Scottish teams to get a chance at Europe.

How smart they are to not want the chance of improved TV and sponsorship deals. You're the one declaring that's not stupid. I disagree and have explained why. What's your explanation for their stupid views given how smart they are.

I haven't called you stupid, I haven't said anything is or isn't stupid, it's not my style.

I'm saying you're making an utter tit of yourself calling people witless and stupid for having a different opinion.

Surprised you're having such problems getting that given your enormous intellect TBH. 

Anyway, I've said my bit, disagree if you like, it's a forum.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't called you stupid, I haven't said anything is or isn't stupid, it's not my style.

I'm saying you're making an utter tit of yourself calling people witless and stupid for having a different opinion.

Surprised you're having such problems getting that given your enormous intellect TBH. 

Anyway, I've said my bit, disagree if you like, it's a forum.

You're the only one pinning a giant intellect on me, I haven't. And you appear to have absolutely nothing to dispute my view that the wishes of the segment in question are indeed stupid.

I want as many Scottish teams as possible having a chance of European football. They don't, that's stupid, unless you have a rationale for why it's smart.

I want the Scottish game to have a raised profile providing leverage for better TV and sponsorship deals providing more money for all of the teams in the league. They don't, that's stupid, unless you have a rationale for why it's smart.

Maybe i'm just not smart enough to think of one.  

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

You're the only one pinning a giant intellect on me, I haven't. And you appear to have absolutely nothing to dispute my view that the wishes of the segment in question are indeed stupid.

I want as many Scottish teams as possible having a chance of European football. They don't, that's stupid, unless you have a rationale for why it's smart.

I want the Scottish game to have a raised profile providing leverage for better TV and sponsorship deals providing more money for all of the teams in the league. They don't, that's stupid, unless you have a rationale for why it's smart.

You need to calm down mate. Some people disagree with you, always, and you're on a place where it happens more than most.

Getting bent out of shape, calling them witless and stupid makes you the arsehole, not them.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
57 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not arguing the general point but personally I enjoy us playing in Europe for a lot more reasons than just how much money the club makes. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You need to calm down mate. Some people disagree with you, always, and you're on a place where it happens more than most.

Getting bent out of shape, calling them witless and stupid makes you the arsehole, not them.

Well first you have to understand i'm not excitable, not bent out of shape in any way. Believe me i'm the picture of serenity sitting around sipping on a glass of wine.

Then your opinion that i'm the arsehole for pointing out the stupidity of not wanting more Scottish teams to get a chance at Europe and not wanting the chance to get more money into the game overall.

You see again I have to disagree. They're the arseholes in this scenario.n

Unless as I have previously said you can provide some sane rationale for their patently stupid desires I can't find anything to call it but stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Not arguing the general point but personally I enjoy us playing in Europe for a lot more reasons than just how much money the club makes. 

Of course you do, what real fan wouldn't. And let's face the facts. If the OF never made Euro groups the bridge between them and the rest would still be unbridgeable aside from maybe the odd occasion.

So given that reality what I think i'm seeing is mindless dare I say bigotry against what then effectively extends to the entire Scottish game while we all sit on our high horses complaining about the bigotry of the OF.

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

He's not pinning a giant intellect on you, he's just saying that calling people stupid for not agreeing with you is wrong.  You seem to be pinning it on yourself by calling others stupid.  I don't agree with you about it being good for our game. We might get one more team getting into Europe, but the old firm would have to do quite well for that to happen.  That means that they would have even more resources to dominate our domestic game.  It's bad enough as it is.  Overall it wouldn't be good for our game just so one of the non cheek teams get a chance to play ten games before they had a chance to make money from making the group stages.  

Sorry if this comes across as stupid.

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

He's not pinning a giant intellect on you, he's just saying that calling people stupid for not agreeing with you is wrong.  You seem to be pinning it on yourself by calling others stupid.  I don't agree with you about it being good for our game. We might get one more team getting into Europe, but the old firm would have to do quite well for that to happen.  That means that they would have even more resources to dominate our domestic game.  It's bad enough as it is.  Overall it wouldn't be good for our game just so one of the non cheek teams get a chance to play ten games before they had a chance to make money from making the group stages.  

Sorry if this comes across as stupid.

Godspeed

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Aye, let’s get more Scottish teams into Europe so they can embarrass themselves.  There’s only two who aren’t embarrassing themselves in Europe, how will we get a more competitive SPL if they’re potentially going to earn an extra £30-£50m from playing in the UCL?

I couldn’t give a toss about Hearts playing in Europe anymore, it’s pointless, we’re not good enough and we’ll never be good enough.  I’d much rather see us being competitive in the SPL again - that isn’t going to happen if the financial gap with the OF gets even bigger.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah. 100%

Good result for Celtic, but they are our champions, lazio were 5th last season. 

Nb, they were actualy 8th last season. 

I check the season before. 

Our champions v 8th placed Italian team. 

Gives it Context. 

Just checked and Rennes who they were lauded for drawing with finished 10th last season! Chuck Cluj in and they actually had a very easy group

Sexton Hardcastle
6 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Just checked and Rennes who they were lauded for drawing with finished 10th last season! Chuck Cluj in and they actually had a very easy group

Have to give them some credit. Away wins in Europe are very rare for Scottish sides. Lazio also have one of the most on form strikers in Europe and one of the highest rated young midfielders in football. 

I hate both sides but it’s a smashing result for them and I suppose wider Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye, let’s get more Scottish teams into Europe so they can embarrass themselves.  There’s only two who aren’t embarrassing themselves in Europe, how will we get a more competitive SPL if they’re potentially going to earn an extra £30-£50m from playing in the UCL?

I couldn’t give a toss about Hearts playing in Europe anymore, it’s pointless, we’re not good enough and we’ll never be good enough.  I’d much rather see us being competitive in the SPL again - that isn’t going to happen if the financial gap with the OF gets even bigger.

And you want to make it as hard as possible for as many teams as possible to get the chance at Europe because that would mean the OF then wouldn't have the advantage they have always had?

We're in the fourth decade since anyone else won the league and that has nothing to do with the Euro co-efficiency. If you don't think Hearts are good enough then that's your prerogative but it's then spiteful to actually hope others don't get the chance.

The only way to become good enough is to get more money into the game and that's not going to happen hoping our European representatives never win.

And even if they did never win the gap would still be there as it always has been. They're going to continue getting European spots and probably qualifying for groups even if they never win a game there and Scotland plummeted way down the co-efficiency table.

In terms of Scottish football  It helps nothing to want them to lose and can help everybody in the long term if they continue to win.

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I want us to play in Europe but I'd rather take our chances of getting there without having to make the old firm even stronger.   

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And you want to make it as hard as possible for as many teams as possible to get the chance at Europe because that would mean the OF then wouldn't have the advantage they have always had?

We're in the fourth decade since anyone else won the league and that has nothing to do with the Euro co-efficiency. If you don't think Hearts are good enough then that's your prerogative but it's then spiteful to actually hope others don't get the chance.

The only way to become good enough is to get more money into the game and that's not going to happen hoping our European representatives never win.

And even if they did never win the gap would still be there as it always has been. They're going to continue getting European spots and probably qualifying for groups even if they never win a game there and Scotland plummeted way down the co-efficiency table.

In terms of Scottish football  It helps nothing to want them to lose and can help everybody in the long term if they continue to win.

Them getting even more resources isn't the only way for us to get good. The reason they have won the league for the last forty years is down to this and will only get worse if they get even further away from us domestically.  Getting more competitive against them domestically is more of a priority to most fans than a couple of qualifying games.  

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

How does it help everyone?  It helps Celtic and Rangers, they’re the only two teams that will benefit, the others generally make buttons from playing in Europe, possibly even losing money.   Does it help or hinder any chance of us ever winning the league?  Answer that last question and you’ll understand my stance.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Getting more competitive against them domestically is more of a priority to most fans than a couple of qualifying games.  

This in spades.

My attitude is if Celtic and Rangers lose (the preferred scenario), GIRFUThem. If they win, that's great for the coefficient. Win-win. They're so far ahead of the other teams in Scotland financially anyway that the European money isn't going to make much difference back here in Scotland, only on the European stage.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This in spades.

It's the old adage whenever one of the cheeks do well in Europe and they say that it's good for Scottish football.  'Stenhousemuir will be over the moon'  its bullshit.  It benefits them a lot more than it will ever benefit us  the only way we will really benefit is doing it ourselves and not because the cheeks are doing well  

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My attitude is if Celtic and Rangers lose (the preferred scenario), GIRFUThem. If they win, that's great for the coefficient. Win-win. They're so far ahead of the other teams in Scotland financially anyway that the European money isn't going to make much difference back here in Scotland, only on the European stage.

And that's the crux of it. They don't need Euro money to win the Scottish league, though they do to be competitive in Europe. So them losing in Europe helps no one in Scotland.

The only way the rest of the league can have any chance of being remotely competitive with them in Scotland is to get more money into the game.

As it stands the only way to do that is through Europe and I don't mean just qualifying for groups though that would obviously be a multi million cash bonanza for anyone who can make it.

If the co-efficient continues improving that opens avenues for even those who don't get a Euro spot to make a lot more money. It makes the game more attractive to TV and sponsors who then become amenable to paying more money for it.

English football isn't rich because of Euro money, it's rich from TV and sponsorship money and the only way Scotland can make itself more attractive to that kind of money is for somebody, anybody, to be successful in Europe.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

And that's the crux of it. They don't need Euro money to win the Scottish league, though they do to be competitive in Europe. So them losing in Europe helps no one in Scotland.

The only way the rest of the league can have any chance of being remotely competitive with them in Scotland is to get more money into the game.

As it stands the only way to do that is through Europe and I don't mean just qualifying for groups though that would obviously be a multi million cash bonanza for anyone who can make it.

If the co-efficient continues improving that opens avenues for even those who don't get a Euro spot to make a lot more money. It makes the game more attractive to TV and sponsors who then become amenable to paying more money for it.

English football isn't rich because of Euro money, it's rich from TV and sponsorship money and the only way Scotland can make itself more attractive to that kind of money is for somebody, anybody, to be successful in Europe.

We're not going to attract that money. Even if Celtic won the champions league and the hun won the europa, no one wants to pay a fortune for a league with Livingston, Hamilton Accies and Ross County. 

There's little to no appetite for Scottish football outside Scotland and a few expats. Why would there be?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

We're not going to attract that money. Even if Celtic won the champions league and the hun won the europa, no one wants to pay a fortune for a league with Livingston, Hamilton Accies and Ross County. 

There's little to no appetite for Scottish football outside Scotland and a few expats. Why would there be?

They don't want to pay it because there has been nothing in the league that has been showing any quality outside Scotland. Currently there is.

And do you realise that if their endeavours get Scotland up to 13th place or higher which on current form seems possible next season that either the Scottish cup winner or the third placed team in the league would start in the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa league? Leaving just two ties to negotiate the path into the group stages.

I have been told by some around here that all we need to do against the OF to get a result is 'have a go' and 'not shite it'

Well since Rangers have negotiated 4 qualifying rounds two seasons in a row that would suggest with a favourable draw that anything in QR3 and the final qualifying round might not even be as good as they are.

If so called Hearts fans wouldn't want that chance simply to see the OF who would still have an overwhelming advantage in Scotland lose I just don't understand what kind of fan they really are.