• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sagan

• siegementality

36 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

It was fan ownership or no football club,  she has made it perfectly clear she would not have come forward had it not been for FOH.

thats a disaster!   Fan ownership we can work with.

I'm well aware of that. I can still say that fan ownership, when it comes, could be an out and out disaster.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair he'd been with us 4 years and he very possibly saw the warning signs with Romanov. There's really no reason to rewrite history just because he's not doing well now.

Listen if you are going to spraff things that are not true you can be sure myself or others will soon point you to the truth and facts of the goings on that really did happen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

INSATIABLE THIRST FOR POWER 

Reminds when of Levein tried to get into Parliament, the ultimate refuge for thirsty power seekers. Oh wait, that was Michael Stewart.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Listen if you are going to spraff things that are not true you can be sure myself or others will soon point you to the truth and facts of the goings on that really did happen. 

I wasn't inside Craig Levein's head at the time so I'll bow to your insight.

Things are pretty bad  but Stewart still manages to speak in a style that makes people laugh and cringe at the same time.

Edited by Riccarton3

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yet your saying he very possibly saw the warning signs with Romanov and yet Romanov was hardly in the door and Levein was off to Leicester is it you that's psychic or Levein that's psychic or is this just another of Leveins special attributes?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Things are pretty bad  but Stewart still manages to write in a style that makes people laugh and cringe at the same time.

Yep. He's got a free hit to finally look intelligent and do some real analysis but still comes across like a bitter weirdo. 

source.gif

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Going by some of your posts I think Levein is inside your head.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yet your saying he very possibly saw the warning signs with Romanov and yet Romanov was hardly in the door and Levein was off to Leicester is it you that's psychic or Levein that's psychic or is this just another of Leveins special attributes?. 

Levein thought he was going to the English premiership and Hearts as a provincial club wouldn't get him there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3960105.stm

He then signed Maybury, Kisnorbo and Joe Hamill to get them into the Premiership :rofl:

Better call Saul
51 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

I turned Sportsound on back there and heard the 2 dickheads that were on describing levein as a top coach........

radio was turned off immediately

If one of em was Peter ****ing Grant ,then hes a ****ing liar n all

I agree in what you said there.. I tuned in tonight hoping for some good debate from hopefully Michael stewart again or someone with a bit of of knowledge  then when I heard it was Kenny Miller and Peter grant i knew I wasnt goo g to hear anything constructive 

And I was correct.... AYE HE'S / THEY HAVE  A PLAN SO IT'S ALL GOOD 

ITS REFRESHING TO HEAR THE OWNER BACKING THIER MANAGER 

BLAH BLAH BLAH 

Sorry for the capitals I am just angry. 

35 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yep. He's got a free hit to finally look intelligent and do some real analysis but still comes across like a bitter weirdo. 

source.gif

Bang on, great gif to boot Dude ! 😂

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Never liked him as a player but thought he came over well tonight.

Peter Grant of Alloa in League One, likes Ann Budge and Hearts.

He is simply keeping his option open if Levein gets the bullet IMO. Cant believe anyone would think Levein has a plan, he is suggesting it's youth players, if so why did we bring in 5 or 6 players over 25...

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Didn’t necessarily agree with him but thought he seemed surprisingly rational and thoughtful - compared to his playing days.

Wants a job in my opinion. All of a sudden we are a 'wonderful club'

Edited by rudi must stay

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The thirst for power thing  It suggests that he has belief in his ability and tries to follow through, which is why he hasn't resigned from us yet when others might have.

Unfortunately, every time we travel through to Ibrox or Celtic Park, the whole team “follows through” before we even pass Newbridge.  In fact, it’s not even limited to playing the Uglies anymore.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To be honest exactly as it was. Check how Robbo was treated. Removed at first opportunity. 

Funny how life pans out.

An owner who would sack a manager on a whim, followed by one who is fiercely loyal. 

I wonder how the next owner (s) will be. 

Never mind,  all those leaving the FoH my vote is going to be getting more valuable 

Stewart made a comment the other night that Levein has previously said that when questioned by the Board he would bury them with information, and inevitably the Board would quickly move on.

Today’s statement from Budge made me think of Stewart’s comments. All the stuff about having so many injuries, and not being able to play our first XI, etc made me wonder if this was the opinion of Budge, or whether these were the explanations offered by Levein, that the Board have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Edited by amadjambo

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To be honest exactly as it was. Check how Robbo was treated. Removed at first opportunity. 

Funny how life pans out.

An owner who would sack a manager on a whim, followed by one who is fiercely loyal. 

I wonder how the next owner (s) will be. 

Never mind,  all those leaving the FoH my vote is going to be getting more valuable 

Ok m8 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Romanov would have saw through him very quickly,then sacked him!

Peter Grant and Kenny Miller both speak from the perspective of managers who think boards are too quick to sack managers. Hence the Hearts board's approach to mediocrity is "refreshing".

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Levein thought he was going to the English premiership and Hearts as a provincial club wouldn't get him there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3960105.stm

He then signed Maybury, Kisnorbo and Joe Hamill to get them into the Premiership :rofl:

Sean Clare is today’s Joe Hamill.....

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair he'd been with us 4 years and he very possibly saw the warning signs with Romanov. There's really no reason to rewrite history just because he's not doing well now.

Yeh the old “he saw the warning signs” crap - at that stage Romanov was making all the right noises and backing it up.

Levein jumped at Leicester through pure ambition...and other non football issues

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yeh the old “he saw the warning signs” crap - at that stage Romanov was making all the right noises and backing it up.

Levein jumped at Leicester through pure ambition...and other non football issues

Loved to have seen him trying to manipulate Romanov.

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I have no doubt that Vlad would have bumped Levein like the rest - however for Levein fanboys to suggest he went to Leicester because he saw through Romanov when nobody did at that stage is pure crap!

Just now, Zlatanable said:

I believed Craig Levein realised what Romanov was and wasn't about, and knew it was about power over the football side, and realised he couldn't be part of it. 

Did he ****!

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

no I disagree with you here, and history backs me up Imo. Romanov was not about having/building a structure that remained at the club.  

We all know how it ended - history tells us that!

I’m talking about when Vlad first came into the Club. He was a bit of a mystery, but he made all the right noises and actions!

Like the rest of us Levein could not have possibly known Romanov’s character or how things would end up!

Levein had ambitions to manage in England (nothing wrong with that) and left at the first opportunity for personal ambition, and also for non football issues.

Edited by Thomaso

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

No, I am pretty certain Craig Levein knew working with Vlad was a non-runner. 

I think there’s something in that. Definitely recall Craig saying he didn’t fancy working under Vlad, although that was easy to say in hindsight from Leicester. He didn’t fancy change and was always hugely supportive of Robinson but very quickly left when Leicester came calling, very possibly for all the reasons CFS has stated. A hell of a lot of allegations were thrown about at the time. 

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, ford donald said:

6 hours ago, ScoPo said:

😂😂  He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes.  

He’d have knocked Vlad out. 

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Stewart made a comment the other night that Levein has previously said that when questioned by the Board he would bury them with information, and inevitably the Board would quickly move on.

Today’s statement from Budge made me think of Stewart’s comments. All the stuff about having so many injuries, and not being able to play our first XI, etc made me wonder if this was the opinion of Budge, or whether these were the explanations offered by Levein, that the Board have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

Facts not opinions.

8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have no doubt that Vlad would have bumped Levein like the rest - however for Levein fanboys to suggest he went to Leicester because he saw through Romanov when nobody did at that stage is pure crap!

Dont agree ..Vlad had already put feelers out to Bobby Robson who in turn had spoken to George Burley and this was known to Leveins agent.   

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Dont agree ..Vlad had already put feelers out to Bobby Robson who in turn had spoken to George Burley and this was known to Leveins agent.   

Never heard that one! Any evidence or confirmation of that?

Anyway a move to England suited CL - not only for football reasons....

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I think there’s something in that. Definitely recall Craig saying he didn’t fancy working under Vlad, although that was easy to say in hindsight from Leicester. He didn’t fancy change and was always hugely supportive of Robinson but very quickly left when Leicester came calling, very possibly for all the reasons CFS has stated. A hell of a lot of allegations were thrown about at the time. 

Levein was supportive of Robinson - says it all. 😏

He certainly backed The Pieman in his quest to move us to Murrayfield - where would we be now if that had happened eh!!!

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Never heard that one! Any evidence or confirmation of that?

Anyway a move to England suited CL - not only for football reasons....

Why do you feel the need to keep repeating and repeating the same thing over and over again?

18 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Why do you feel the need to keep repeating and repeating the same thing over and over again?

Responding to the same comments that keep repeating and repeating the same thing over and over again - hope that clarifies.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, ScoPo said:

Did you see the Bednar video?  Vlad was a tough guy.  

Yes lol but Vlad wouldn’t have lasted 10 seconds with Craig.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Responding to the same comments that keep repeating and repeating the same thing over and over again - hope that clarifies.

👍 thanks for the clarification. Cleared that one up for me. 

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

👍 thanks for the clarification. Cleared that one up for me. 

Glad to be of assistance.

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein was supportive of Robinson - says it all. 😏

He certainly backed The Pieman in his quest to move us to Murrayfield - where would we be now if that had happened eh!!!

On and on 7*24, your personal crusade to get another human being dismissed from their employment is tragic. Give it a rest for a few days to give yourself and everyone else a break. Nothing is going to happen until Sunday so take Friday and Saturday off please 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

On and on 7*24, your personal crusade to get another human being dismissed from their employment is tragic. Give it a rest for a few days to give yourself and everyone else a break. Nothing is going to happen until Sunday so take Friday and Saturday off please 

You could take your own advice.

It's a message board for people to post whatever they like within the rules.

14 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I believed Craig Levein realised what Romanov was and wasn't about, and knew it was about power over the football side, and realised he couldn't be part of it. 

oh right I see, would that be the same reason Robbie Neilson jumped at the first opportunity as he had enough of Levein's dictatorship and did not want to be part of it, and could see this mess coming? 🤔

36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Oh please, spare us the sob story.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Oh changed your tack to melodramatic tosh now - “another human being” 😂 do me a favour!!

Suggest to take some of your own advice.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh please, spare us the sob story.

Exactly! Scraping the bottom of the barrel now! 

33 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You could take your own advice.

It's a message board for people to post whatever they like within the rules.

They just don’t like the truth Ron!!