Sportsound on now.

Sagan

16 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Anyone who thinks Boris has the best interests of UK in mind is a fool. He’s been dying on Brexit failing so he can be right. A sensationalist who has bullied his way to his position. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sagan

• siegementality

Thought Police
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He is right.

Eventually. Only been hoping for Levein to be sacked for the last 5 years.

Everyone is entitled to a view including Ian Murray. Anyone badmouthing Ian has a short memory. Ian along with Ann Budge and the administrator (sorry momentarily forgot his name) were the principal instruments in saving our club. Without those 3 the efforts of the rest of us wouldn’t have mattered.

Ian is recognising  Levein’s impact on restructuring the football department at the club which Romanov had left in tatters. He deserves credit for that. I would have him remain on the board and as Head of the Academy but with no role in the signing, selection or coaching of senior players. I am sure that Ian would also approve of this. Obviously he retains an element of sentimental appreciation of Levein’s work behind the scenes. I can’t condemn him for that and I’m sure he will come round to accept that change in the manager is necessary for the club to progress.  

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s spot on.

Micheal Stewart has been right all along about Levein, just like Kris Boyd was right all along about Cathro, 

Both of them are hibby trolls though eh. 

Get them banned!

Edited by Sagan

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Micheal Stewart has been right all along about Levein, just like Kris Boyd was right all along about Cathro, 

Everyone's right at some point. He wasn't right at the start of last season, in fact he was very quiet about Hearts. Let's not make out he's some sort of footballing oracle. Ditto Kris Boyd. Maybe if Cathro had received more encouragement and a better welcome from within the Scottish game he would have found things easier and not been put on the defensive, feeling he had something to prove, almost immediately.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Both of them are hibby trolls though eh. 

Get them banned!

:laugh:

the Hearts way
51 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Would argue Ian Murray has got it wrong suggesting Levein should have 2 more games, if we lose the derby it's should be game over there and then. We shouldn't be letting him have the Aberdeen game too. 

We've been dire for far too long now. 

Quite simply, we need a change and some fresh ideas. 

HHGH 🇱🇻

Stephen Muddie
10 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Is there a politician you would trust?

That's irrelevant. Seeing as you asked though, probably not. I see Labour as unprincipled, turncoat populists. Oh, and hypocrites too (most of them). I thought the parallel between his party and his Levein stance to be worthy of comment. If Murray was an SNP bod and his stance was to financially penalise all fans because a few behaved badly, I'd mention a perceived parallel. If he was a Tory and bemoaning the pricing at the club whilst being active in ideological austerity, I'd mention that parallel. 

I have a knack for finding out facts. This means I don't need to trust anyone. 

Edited by Stephen Muddie

I only care when people speak the truth.

Stewart can have his feud with Levein for the rest of his life if he wants but many things he says about performances, and the way we are run at team level,  means something to me. 

26 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Anyone who thinks Michael Stewart has the best interests of Hearts in mind is a fool. He’s been dying on Levein failing so he can be right. A sensationalist who has bullied his way to his position. 

Always talks straight,for me.Agenda or no agenda,knows more about football than most on here.

1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

That's irrelevant. Seeing as you asked though, probably not. I see Labour as unprincipled, turncoat populists. Oh, and hypocrites too (most of them). I thought the parallel between his party and his Levein stance to be worthy of comment. If Murray was an SNP bod and his stance was to financially penalise all fans because a few behaved badly, I'd mention a perceived parallel. If he was a Tory and bemoaning the pricing at the club whilst being active in ideological austerity, I'd mention that parallel. 

Aye, there's no point talking to me about politics, I don't bother with it, they're all liars. 

Sorry for bringing it up. 

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Far too deep a post for the shite spouted on here! 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Always talks straight,for me.Agenda or no agenda,knows more about football than most on here.

Exactly.

the Hearts way
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Aye, there's no point talking to me about politics, I don't bother with it, they're all liars. 

Are you a Tory or someone with a difference of opinion? 

Or may be simply a JT who cares? 

HHGH 

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Aye, there's no point talking to me about politics, I don't bother with it, they're all liars

Ha fair enough bud. Sometimes not sure what folk are getting at. I get now you were just making a valid point about all politicians. Wasn't sure if you were somehow defending Labour there. Anyway, disappointing soundbite from him. Glad he's not chairing FOH any more. The less politician types and the more regular straight up guys we have involved the better. The more, the worse IMO.

I think that all of us who are contributing to FOH should make our thoughts clear to AB and the so called FOH appointed director. There’s no need to cancel subscriptions that’s counter productive. We have to make it clear that if they don’t act now they will be binned as soon as FOH take over. E-mail the club now.

23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He’s full of ****.

Was he full of **** when he was the spokesman for FOH when we were fighting for our existence? I thought lynch mobs were a thing of the past, but you can find them on almost every single thread. I don't agree with his politics, and I want Craig Levein out as quickly as possible, but dearie dearie me. This place is worse than the Wild West.

5 minutes ago, the Hearts way said:

We've been dire for far too long now. 

Quite simply, we need a change and some fresh ideas. 

HHGH 🇱🇻

Since October in the league,we have the worst record in the Spl, rank bottom,yet some want give him a couple of

More games.ffs.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

the fans rightly getting a lot of praise here especially from Tom english 

such was Stewart's delight at the predicament I hope levein gets the Derby and a rolling game at a time stay of execution until anything resembling the last few weeks/months occurs again

seems unlikely he can turn it around but I'm happy to risk the Derby it's not like they can win their Scottish cup or anything on the back of it

37 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

His observations are valid but if he expressed them in the same way as Tom English and at least tried to hide his intense personal dislike for Levein then I could perhaps give him some respect. He came over as really relishing the situation we find ourselves in.

Agree regards Tom English and his comments. Stewart is also correct, imo, but his previous with Levein means he can seem bitter. That said any relish is over Levein, not Hearts. Again, imo 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Sagan said:

There's being a Hearts supporter and then there's being an Ian Murray. 

Met him a few times in different settings, boyz an erse 👍🏽

3 minutes ago, Papa said:

Everyone is entitled to a view including Ian Murray. Anyone badmouthing Ian has a short memory. Ian along with Ann Budge and the administrator (sorry momentarily forgot his name) were the principal instruments in saving our club. Without those 3 the efforts of the rest of us wouldn’t have mattered.

Ian is recognising  Levein’s impact on restructuring the football department at the club which Romanov had left in tatters. He deserves credit for that. I would have him remain on the board and as Head of the Academy but with no role in the signing, selection or coaching of senior players. I am sure that Ian would also approve of this. Obviously he retains an element of sentimental appreciation of Levein’s work behind the scenes. I can’t condemn him for that and I’m sure he will come round to accept that change in the manager is necessary for the club to progress.  

We are now seeing the results of Leveins restructuring now .Arnott is in charge of the academy.

I appreciate the work that Ian Murray did to save our club but to make a case for Levein to be given further chances at our club after his poor performance for years based on sentiment would be wrong very wrong.

25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Regardless of your opinion of Stewart he is absolutely spot on!

I now get the feeling that a Levein controls Budge!

1 hour ago, beaver said:

He's going nowhere before ththe us weekend. If he goes then you will be wanting the coaching staff out also. Who is going to take team for the next two games at short notice and motivate. Face reality. be realistic, before hibs game he's going nowhere.

Naysmith, Locke, Kirk

5 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

We are now seeing the results of Leveins restructuring now .Arnott is in charge of the academy.

I appreciate the work that Ian Murray did to save our club but to make a case for Levein to be given further chances at our club after his poor performance for years based on sentiment would be wrong very wrong.

Ian Murray's stance tonight was infuriating and probably typical of some people who matter on the board - "Let's give him the next 2 games". They just DO NOT GET IT. What difference will possibly winning the next 2 games make. It's just a case of drawing the whole thing out, not wanting to make a decision, perhaps things will turn... blah blah. It's gone to far now and he has to go.

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Agree regards Tom English and his comments. Stewart is also correct, imo, but his previous with Levein means he can seem bitter. That said any relish is over Levein, not Hearts. Again, imo 

Can,t quibble with his general assessment but it so personal and vindictive that IMO he lacks grace and credibility. 

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Everyone's right at some point. He wasn't right at the start of last season, in fact he was very quiet about Hearts. Let's not make out he's some sort of footballing oracle. Ditto Kris Boyd. Maybe if Cathro had received more encouragement and a better welcome from within the Scottish game he would have found things easier and not been put on the defensive, feeling he had something to prove, almost immediately.

Stewart was pretty quiet at the start of last season - however the fact is that Stewart was proven to be right about Levein, the start was flash in the pan and we have been on a downward spiral ever since. We have the lowest points total of any team in the SPL since October last year!

He is also spot on concerning the power that Levein weals at Tynecastle - he has built himself an empire that he will not be easily removed from.

As for Cathro you cannot be serious that the Scottish media were to blame for his disasterous appointment and performance???

That lies squarely at Levein’s door!

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Archie White said:

Ian Murray's stance tonight was infuriating and probably typical of some people who matter on the board - "Let's give him the next 2 games". They just DO NOT GET IT. What difference will possibly winning the next 2 games make. It's just a case of drawing the whole thing out, not wanting to make a decision, perhaps things will turn... blah blah. It's gone to far now and he has to go.

Potentially a lot...the club needs to start winning football matches again...in general I agree with your post but when the primary objective is to win matches I genuinely couldn’t care less who delivers them.

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Can,t quibble with his general assessment but it so personal and vindictive that IMO he lacks grace and credibility. 

Yes, I think that’s fair comment.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Can somebody explain this 20 year power grab stuff? I'm all ears.

Not in any way in agreement,but think he is referring to his attempt to work himself into a similar position at Dun Utd, and has now achieved his aim at Hearts. Given his view of Levein's  personality think he feels he will be hard to shift?

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

A dastardly plot that started last century, eh?

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Just Levein? Just Hearts?

Has Michael Stewart ever commented on another club like this?

I don’t know tbh, but does that make what he has said any less pertinent?

Plus, he is seen as, rightly or wrongly, a Hearts man.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

He is a Hearts fan, hurting like the non delusional ones amongst us. 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He is suggesting that his ambitions to dominate a Club on the touch line and Boardroom first surfaced at DU.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This situation is starting to raise some concerns about FOH I feel

Of course it is. All far too cozy. They are being wined and dined every week, why would they give that up?

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I cant work that point out either...an HMFC power grab by working for 5 different clubs and the national team in this period. And the fact that we have changed owners 3 times in the period (4 if you include administration). Stewart has the ability to make some decent points but then shows himself up with illogical comments like this...

Just now, merrymac said:

Not in any way in agreement,but think he is referring to his attempt to work himself into a similar position at Dun Utd, and has now achieved his aim at Hearts. Given his view of Levein's  personality think he feels he will be hard to shift?

Ah....so he's just giving his opinion based on nothing.

He should have just stuck with Levein needs to go now.

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Probably not - but as he is a Hearts fan maybe that is not too surprising.

2 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

It’s clear.

Lose the next 2 games and he is gone.

Was that comment not also made before the Hamilton & Motherwell games. So we win the next 2 games... does that mean Levein stays?!! It's nuts. It will just drag on and on like a form of Brexit 2.