Sportsound on now.

Sagan

20 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Levein has a talent for inveigling into club boards. It’s a smart move for any manager in today’s game. Let’s be honest if Levein wasn’t the DOF and on the board,there’s no chance in hell he would still be manager of hearts right now. 

Its galling to think he’s probably premeditated this situation though at hearts a club he once labelled “a provincial team” when he left for Leicester. To put that comment into perspective. That was 2003 only around 4 & a half years after hearts won the scottish cup and had a great season in the prem. Going forward two and a half years from then hearts again won the scottish cup in 2006, split the old firm and were two games away from the champions league groups stages. A provincial team Craig??🤔Aye maybe only when you’re in charge it would seem.

Don’t forget he insisted on a 3 year contract when he stepped in as head coach to clean up his Cathro mess!!!!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sagan

• siegementality

Michael Stewart is talking unsubstantiated dung.

20 years in the making aye?

****in slavering Arsehole. A ****in nobody. Shite at Hearts. The players today give more than he ever did.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

****in slavering Arsehole. A ****in nobody. Shite at Hearts. The players today give more than he ever did.

Whatever.

2 hours ago, flem said:

No true Hearts fan would play for the hobos. 

He was a secret agent.

He caused a load of bother in the dressing room.

Was one of the ringleaders in the dressing room coup against John Collins.

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

If your only shot at being a professional footballer was to play for Hibs you wouldn’t take it??? 

How strange

Was it his only shot though ?

After all someone of his ability and being ex Man Utd and all that.

Would have loads of clubs after him but chose the highest payers.  No morals 😠

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think even those of us who had much faith in Craig are feeling saddened. 

This is tarnishing his image in a way I'd hoped would never happen. 

Haters are there for sure,  but in need of a reality check. Hasn't hurt anyone as far as I'm aware. Just another man who got lost in among chasing a dream 

I think we are all agreed that there needs to be change but some posters have been anti CL right from the beginning.

Not that it really matters now but what was the reason for the hate CL brought out in some people ?

Was it personal? 

Did he run of with someone's wife ?

It was the same with Robbie some people actually disliked him even as a player and HC it always seemed to be personal.

Guess some people have got to have something to hate to make their life worthwhile.

I pity our new manager if he gets off to a slow start. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

So sensible he said Levein unceremoniously lost his job the first time around - when he actually left - to manage in the Premiership - when Leicester were actually in the Championship at the time. Really Ian?

Can forgive him that, it was over 10 years ago. Agreed with what he said apart from that and he got ripped for that anyway by Michael Stewart and even Tom English

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Only post anyone really needs to read in this thread tbh.

3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Only post anyone really needs to read in this thread tbh.

Just occurred to me.  If AB sacks him, does she have to sack him three times?  And if she does, does she need three people to replace him or just one superhero?

I've just managed to cheer myself up with that effort.

7 hours ago, Whatever said:

I'd disagree on these players giving more than he did. For all the arsehole Stewart is at least he acted and looked like he gave a dam. This crop of heartless and gutless wonders playing currently act like they don't care. Naismith, Berra and Whelan aside. Whelan has been in the door 5 mins and shown he cares more than players who have been here 2 years. 

siegementality
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Can forgive him that, it was over 10 years ago. Agreed with what he said apart from that and he got ripped for that anyway by Michael Stewart and even Tom English

Over 10 years ago but I never forgot, or did most Hearts fans probably. 

Personally I think he sounded like your typical politician rather than a football fan.

Jam tomorrow, the Levein and politicians answer to everything.

7 minutes ago, Coco said:

Levein has himself stated that this plan has been brewing up for at least 15 years so Stewart was not far off.  

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13160351.the-levein-blueprint-10-years-in-the-making/

Another nice wee bit of digging again.Some still swallow his nonsense.

Hearts Reserves are playing Dunfermline at Meggetland today .I will head down and take in the game and want a win for any Hearts team but dont let anyone try to tell me that I will be seeing anything special and the fruits of Leveins labours.

I don’t think Stewart was far of the mark with some of his comments. CL has complete control of the football department and at no point did he need to be a board member, he’s talked himself into that position.

For all Ian Murray tried to play the politician (he can help himself these days) and made a tit of himself with the CL to Leicester nonsense, he made two telling points. They were very deliberate, Robbie was hounded out by the fans & The board ask questions of Levein weekly, this second point highlights that FoH and other board members aren’t happy and it appears Ann Budge is holding on to him. Ian Murray knows plenty about what’s going on, he just played it down last night.

I agree with English however that if we don’t beat Hibs Levein will walk, he will have pleaded with the board to stay for that game, in all honesty it wouldn’t surprise me if he walked regardless of the score; one last act of defiance! 

9 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Another nice wee bit of digging again.Some still swallow his nonsense.

Hearts Reserves are playing Dunfermline at Meggetland today .I will head down and take in the game and want a win for any Hearts team but dont let anyone try to tell me that I will be seeing anything special and the fruits of Leveins labours.

What times kick off, I’m up that way this afternoon.

14 hours ago, luckydug said:

I think we are all agreed that there needs to be change but some posters have been anti CL right from the beginning.

Not that it really matters now but what was the reason for the hate CL brought out in some people ?

Was it personal? 

Did he run of with someone's wife ?

It was the same with Robbie some people actually disliked him even as a player and HC it always seemed to be personal.

Guess some people have got to have something to hate to make their life worthwhile.

I pity our new manager if he gets off to a slow start. 

Don’t give me the run off with the wife crap - it’s infantile and old hat!

I was against Levein coming back to Hearts because of the way he left, but more importantly the negative, boring football he likes to play!

I don’t “hate” Levein as a person but I dislike his arrogant manner - something that comes through in his interviews as he tries to hang on to his job!

What I do hate is seeing my team performing poorly and ending up at the bottom of the league.

As for Robbie he did a great job in the Championship however his record in the cups was shocking.  As a player I thought he was totally over rated.

With regards to your last comment, Levein has just not got off to a “slow start” - our decline under him has been over the last two seasons!!!

Edited by Thomaso

7 hours ago, Coco said:

Levein has himself stated that this plan has been brewing up for at least 15 years so Stewart was not far off.  

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13160351.the-levein-blueprint-10-years-in-the-making/

And what a pile of pish his grand plan proved to be!!!

Why does this guy think Levein deserves 2 more games when it's obvious he is out of his depth 

and the way he has structured the club is leaving the main coaching/training of our team to the 

likes of McPhee, Daly & Fox who i wouldn't put in charge of Blackburn Primary's 11 year olds.

Murray needs to put his friendship with Hearts employees and board members to one side and

listen to our supporters because the longer this management carries on mismanaging our players

the more harm they will do to the club. In fact if Murray knew more about the way Hearts play and 

the shambles we have to watch every week he would be wanting Levein out now. 

I thought Ian Murray was all over the place last night! His rationale for giving CL another two matches “CL was one of the best CHs to ever play for the club” was totally bonkers ! Michael Stewart quite rightly put him right. 

37 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I thought Ian Murray was all over the place last night! His rationale for giving CL another two matches “CL was one of the best CHs to ever play for the club” was totally bonkers ! Michael Stewart quite rightly put him right. 

But he didn,t just base his comments on him being one of the best defenders. He mentioned his work with the academy and other DOF work.Whether that justifies another two games is a mute point that wasn,t his only rationale 

On 16/09/2019 at 19:36, Newton51 said:

Text below - first time I've read it, and after reading the Budge statement, I'm starting to like Michael Stewart more again

Michael Stewart accuses Craig Levein of orchestrating Hearts power grab

Hearts boss' position is untenable says Stewart in stinging attack.

Michael Stewart has launched a new blistering attack on Craig Levein - and accused the Hearts boss of orchestrating a position where he is almost unsackable at Tynecastle.

The manager - who is also director of football at the Jambos - has come under severe pressure from supporters after Hearts slipped to the bottom of the table.

Saturday's home defeat to Motherwell left them with just two points from five matches - and without a league win since March.

Former Tynecastle midfielder Stewart - signed by Levein in 2004 -  says the manager's position is untenable.

And he reckons Levein is only still in post because of his place on the board.

Stewart told BBC Sportsound: "It doesn't matter which way you slice it - the stats say this is a position that is untenable.

"I don't think any other manager would have been afforded this time, they would have been out the door long ago yet Craig Levein maintains the position because he is the de facto chief executive of the club - he runs the club.

"If anyone thinks Ann Budge runs the club they have clearly not been paying attention for the last 20 years of Craig Levein's career.

"This is the pinnacle of what he has been striving to do over all that time.

"This football club has been divided into two - the business side and the football side. Ann Budge runs the business side and Craig Levein has complete control over the football side.

"I don't think anyone would argue that the business side has not been going great guns under Budge's stewardship.

"Levein has complete control over the football club and I would argue because of the way he operates he is the de facto chief executive of the club, he is the most powerful person at the club."

Levein had four years at the helm of Hearts before leaving to take over Leicester City in 2004. He then managed Dundee United and director of football in 2014. Three years later he was appointed manager after the sacking of Ian Cathro.

"He is the one that is in control. If Ann Budge was really in control I would say he wouldn't still be in the position he is in. He tried to get this position orchestrated at Dundee United then he left to become national manager.

Stewart continued: "He is a man who has an insatiable thirst for power and he has been able to develop this role where he sits on the board. This has been designed for this exact situation - if you are under pressure you are able to control what is going on.

"Sitting on the board means you are hardwired into the decision making at the club.

"It is really disappointing that things have had to become so bad that there's still talk that Craig Levein may have to leave the club. That would suggest to me that the mediocrity around the club, the malaise for a couple of seasons now is almost accepable.

"It's had to get to this stage where they are sitting bottom of the table - relegation form."

However, Levein found an ally in Ian Murray MP - a former chairman of the Foundation of Hearts - who reckons Levein deserves more time.

He said: "I think he deserves at least the next two games. It's quite clear after the scintillating start to last season we lost the spine of the team which upset the club right the way through the rest of the season.

"To then start this season so badly - and the warning signs were there - it's been really disappointing.

"But given what Craig has given to the club. Given that he is a good manager and we all know he is a good manager he certainly deserves a bit more time."

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

AB statement “refreshing” apparently. **** off!

Iron lady.  Not for turning. More balls than many a chairperson. 

Its different so refreshing is a good word.

Loyalty,  could cost her, but it's an admirable trait.

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Loyalty is admirable. Blind loyalty is tragic. 

3 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

"He is a man who has an insatiable thirst for power"....
embarrassing.....

Mikey Stewart coming across like a Jeffrey Archer novel.

Regardless of his words of choice, he has a point with how much power Levein has and as manager there is no DoF to hold him to account

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

More to do with her relationship with Levein than the welfare of the club 'Loyalty" as you put it.Its not admirable trait when you damage that for which your are responsible as a consequence.Ann Budge can run off  in 7 months time.

24 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Interesting statement by Peter Grant on Sportsound tonight when he openly accused Michael Stewart of being a liar.

What did he say?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

More to do with her relationship with Levein than the welfare of the club 'Loyalty" as you put it.Its not admirable trait when you damage that for which your are responsible as a consequence.Ann Budge can run off  in 7 months time.

Still saved my club. Eternally grateful 

38 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Interesting statement by Peter Grant on Sportsound tonight when he openly accused Michael Stewart of being a liar.

Actually thought peter Grant come across very well

I appreciate her role in saving the club although she has had circa £7m from FOH to enhance her business ability in the matter.Its time for the club and its fans  to overcome the feelings of entrapment that gratitude has created and deal with the here and now.

3 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I appreciate her role in saving the club although she has had circa £7m from FOH to enhance her business ability in the matter.Its time for the club and its fans  to overcome the feelings of entrapment that gratitude has created and deal with the here and now.

Never felt entrapped in all my years supporting Hearts. I get the horrible feeling that fan ownership is going to be a disaster.

jambo-in-furness
6 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Never felt entrapped in all my years supporting Hearts. I get the horrible feeling that fan ownership is going to be a disaster.

It was fan ownership or no football club,  she has made it perfectly clear she would not have come forward had it not been for FOH.

thats a disaster!   Fan ownership we can work with.

Edited by jambo-in-furness
Update

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Would prefer honesty and definitive action. Not sentiment and a loyalty to a person she clearly cherishes. 

Its nearly at the stage that one ,maybe two, persons are becoming bigger than the club in their eyes. 

Edited by Debut 4

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

"He is a man who has an insatiable thirst for power"....
embarrassing.....

Mikey Stewart coming across like a Jeffrey Archer novel.

haha. He's certainly getting all steamed up. It's like everything he dreamed of is coming true. Would be a shame for him if we win the derby and cup game now.

The thirst for power thing is interesting. Is wanting to be a DoF anything other than being ambitious to do a job you think you're suited for? 

Like when Stewart wanted to be an MSP?

If you actually look at Levein's career, he obviously genuinely loves football and wants to work with young players and coaches. He also stays with his clubs for decent lengths of time - both as a player and manager. He never hopped around chasing the next big thing as many others have. It suggests that he has belief in his ability and tries to follow through, which is why he hasn't resigned from us yet when others might have.

John mcCartney

I turned Sportsound on back there and heard the 2 dickheads that were on describing levein as a top coach........

radio was turned off immediately

If one of em was Peter ****ing Grant ,then hes a ****ing liar n all

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

haha. He's certainly getting all steamed up. It's like everything he dreamed of is coming true. Would be a shame for him if we win the derby and cup game now.

The thirst for power thing is interesting. Is wanting to be a DoF anything other than being ambitious to do a job you think you're suited for? 

Like when Stewart wanted to be an MSP?

If you actually look at Levein's career, he obviously genuinely loves football and wants to work with young players and coaches. He also stays with his clubs for decent lengths of time - both as a player and manager. He never hopped around chasing the next big thing as many others have. It suggests that he has belief in his ability and tries to follow through, which is why he hasn't resigned from us yet when others might have.

Let's be honest Levein quality player in his day can't argue that should of went further injuries halted that unfortunate. 

But when Leicester City came flashing the pounds he couldn't get out the door quick enough fact. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's be honest Levein quality player in his day can't argue that should of went further injuries halted that unfortunate. 

But when Leicester City came flashing the pounds he couldn't get out the door quick enough fact. 

I could be way off here but was it not the general consensus at the time that he was caught cheating on his wife and he took the Leicester job to get out if town?

2 minutes ago, andydog said:

I could be way off here but was it not the general consensus at the time that he was caught cheating on his wife and he took the Leicester job to get out if town?

Being honest, I want him out but no need to drag up his past personal life.

the mess he’s making of our club is all that counts.

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To be fair he'd been with us 4 years and he very possibly saw the warning signs with Romanov. There's really no reason to rewrite history just because he's not doing well now.