Sportsound on now.

Sagan

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Ah....so he's just giving his opinion based on nothing.

He should have just stuck with Levein needs to go now.

Agreed !

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sagan

• siegementality

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He is suggesting that his ambitions to dominate a Club on the touch line and Boardroom first surfaced at DU.

So he’s managed to do it at Hearts.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Ah....so he's just giving his opinion based on nothing.

He should have just stuck with Levein needs to go now.

Levein was appointed Manager AND full Board Director at DU which I believe was very unusual in the Scottish game.

1 hour ago, beaver said:

He's going nowhere before ththe us weekend. If he goes then you will be wanting the coaching staff out also. Who is going to take team for the next two games at short notice and motivate. Face reality. be realistic, before hibs game he's going nowhere.

Who’s motivating them for the next 2 games then cos it sure as f. Uck ain’t our coaching team!!!

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Stewart was pretty quiet at the start of last season - however the fact is that Stewart was proven to be right about Levein, the start was flash in the pan and we have been on a downward spiral ever since. We have the lowest points total of any team in the SPL since October last year!

He is also spot on concerning the power that Levein weals at Tynecastle - he has built himself an empire that he will not be easily removed from.

As for Cathro you cannot be serious that the Scottish media were to blame for his disasterous appointment and performance???

That lies squarely at Levein’s door!

I think how Cathro was "welcomed" into his first managerial job by some quarters of the media was a disgrace and a bit depressing in the personal attacks and general lack of imagination in some of the coverage. However, it just made me want to back him and Levein even more though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Levein was appointed Manager AND full Board Director at DU which I believe was very unusual in the Scottish game.

Got a decent agent then😉

If he had just said it's time for him to move on nobody would have disagreed but he can't help himself.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

If Michael Stewart knew about football, he would be able to comment on any football club.

So why doesn't he?

What did he say about Hibs tonight?

He’s commenting on the one that matters.

Hibs are irrelevant l

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think how Cathro was "welcomed" into his first managerial job by some quarters of the media was a disgrace.

Yes that's true but Boyd in particular had sussed Cathro and his comments when he was appointed was spot on.

42 minutes ago, Papa said:

Everyone is entitled to a view including Ian Murray. Anyone badmouthing Ian has a short memory. Ian along with Ann Budge and the administrator (sorry momentarily forgot his name) were the principal instruments in saving our club. Without those 3 the efforts of the rest of us wouldn’t have mattered.

Ian is recognising  Levein’s impact on restructuring the football department at the club which Romanov had left in tatters. He deserves credit for that. I would have him remain on the board and as Head of the Academy but with no role in the signing, selection or coaching of senior players. I am sure that Ian would also approve of this. Obviously he retains an element of sentimental appreciation of Levein’s work behind the scenes. I can’t condemn him for that and I’m sure he will come round to accept that change in the manager is necessary for the club to progress.  

Exactly --- some of the comments on here make me despair.

It’s the Heart of Midlothian Shareholder Association meeting next Thursday and the hearts management team (Levein and McPhee) are the guests.

For that reason, I’ll give him the next two games as I reckon it’s gonna be a riot if Levein is still in charge.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Talked his way into that as well, man's got talent for something,unfortunately not football management.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, ford donald said:

Talked his way into that as well, man's got talent for something,unfortunately not football management.

It’s sickening.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think how Cathro was "welcomed" into his first managerial job by some quarters of the media was a disgrace and a bit depressing in the personal attacks and general lack of imagination in some of the coverage. However, it just made me want to back him and Levein even more though.

I agree, despite many being uncomfortable with Cathro’s appointment we all closed ranks against Boyd, etc.

But to suggest his treatment from the Scottish media caused the shambles he made of the job is frankly nonsense!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Archie White said:

Yes that's true but Boyd in particular had sussed Cathro and his comments when he was appointed was spot on.

Did they need to be said though? That's the point. It was a pretty disgraceful personal attack on a guy who is still working at a very, very high level as a coach.

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If you’re really lucky you may be old yourself one day. Your ageist and misspelled post shows signs of early onset dementia however.

And yes, I am an old age pensioner.

Yes my spelling is shit I'm already old but I stand by what I said 

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

He’s never a Hearts fan. 

He is a Hearts fan

He is not a Levein fan

Thousands are in the same boat!

Guest ToqueJambo

I agree, despite many being uncomfortable with Cathro’s appointment we all closed ranks against Boyd, etc.

But to suggest his treatment from the Scottish media caused the shambles he made of the job is frankly nonsense!

I didn't say that. Just said Cathro didn't get the honeymoon or bedding in period all managers usually get. Like the one Clarke is enjoying right now with Scotland, despite a terrible record so far. People openly wanted Cathro to fail.

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Exactly --- some of the comments on here make me despair.

I wouldn’t, it’s only forum speak.

I disagree with Ian that he should get two games but completely understand why he said two. Huge games which will define our season. We should be going into them without CL in the dug out but it is what it is.

Definitely short memories with some of the comments about IM though.

1 minute ago, Blackshades said:

Of course he has to much power any other head coach or manager of any club in the world with our recent record would have been binned long ago

I understand now, why people blamed AB for our predicament ages ago.

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If you’re really lucky you may be old yourself one day. Your ageist and misspelled post shows signs of early onset dementia however.

And yes, I am an old age pensioner.

So am I, and I agree 100% with this post.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did they need to be said though? That's the point. It was a pretty disgraceful personal attack on a guy who is still working at a very, very high level as a coach.

Of course Boyd needed to say it. He's a pundit. They are paid to give their opinions. That's what pundits do.

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

No chance

It suits his Narrative to have people believe he cares about our club. 

What narrative?? He is bang on again, open your eyes!!! Some people dont like to hear the truth, clearly you are one of them.

And think what you like, the guys is a Hearts fan 

Edited by Walter Bishop

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I can’t stand Boyd and his comments were below the belt, however he was spot on in his assessment of Cathro’s character.

Cruelly Cathro had the charisma of a goldfish and was never cut out to manage and motivate experienced football players - how Levein didn’t know that is baffling!

Remember Levein wanted to bring in Cathro before Neilson got the gig but he wasn’t available.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I can’t stand Boyd and his comments were below the belt, however he was spot on in his assessment of Cathro’s character.

Cruelly Cathro had the charisma of a goldfish and was never cut out to manage and motivate experienced football players - how Levein didn’t know that is baffling!

Remember Levein wanted to bring in Cathro before Neilson got the gig but he wasn’t available.

As I remember it Neilson was his choice as HC and Cathro was offered the U20 job, meaning he would be next in line, but he turned it down. That should have been a red flag I think and it turns out Cathro did have rather a high opinion of his own talent as a head coach and didn't seem willing to work up to that position. Levein's biggest mistake isn't necessarily appointing Cathro it was appointing him when he did and giving him free reign to do what he did to the squad, instead of either mentoring him for half a season or taking charge himself and lining Cathro up for the next season. Who knows if Cathro might have done better after a couple of years with our U20s learning the ropes as Neilson did.

I genuinely believe that Levein likes "projects" to show off his so called ability as a manager to pick nuggets out of the sand. Cathro was a project. Sean Clare is a project. Adey White is a project. Washington is his latest project... etc etc...

18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And DOF. All sounds a bit familiar.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't say that. Just said Cathro didn't get the honeymoon or bedding in period all managers usually get. Like the one Clarke is enjoying right now with Scotland, despite a terrible record so far. People openly wanted Cathro to fail.

Your original comment seemed to suggest that the treatment he got from the media effected his performance - fine if that’s not what you meant.

Why do we keep talking about “another two games”, “next four games”, “if we win the Derby it could save him”. Utterly ridiculous lines in the sand that mean nothing. 

So we draw at easter road and beat Aberdeen. All is rosy. Does the whole process start again when we lose at St Mirren 3 days after? **** that. 

At this current moment, Budge is wondering how she has been duped by a man she says is disorganised but can’t remove his Head Coach title without undermining the entire footballing department? And Levein was organised enough to sabotage the appointment of Cathro’s replacement to make sure he can place himself into every major role in the club? 

Utter farce and he should be hounded from the club. 

I thought it was a cheap shot by Boyd at the time and wondered what qualified him to provide character analysis. But that analysis did prove to be correct. Like you I cannot believe Cathro’s temperamental unsuitability as a communicator and leader we’re not evident to Levein, who’d known him for years.

You had a cheap shot at me and you don't know me at all

I thought it was a cheap shot by Boyd at the time and wondered what qualified him to provide character analysis. But that analysis did prove to be correct. Like you I cannot believe Cathro’s temperamental unsuitability as a communicator and leader we’re not evident to Levein, who’d known him for years.

Er...about a zillion goals in our league and hundreds of games in various dressing rooms under many Head Coaches?

It wasn’t some sort of psychological profiling, it was just saying Cathro would not have the respect of players. 

12 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

No chance

It suits his Narrative to have people believe he cares about our club. 

He was a known Hearts fan well before he started his bun fight with a Levein.

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What narrative?? He is bang on again, open your eyes!!! Some people dont like to hear the truth, clearly you are one of them.

And think what you like, the guys is a Hearts fan 

Opening my eyes and hearing the truth?

Nobody will ever convince me that Michael Stewart is a Hearts FAN. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why do we keep talking about “another two games”, “next four games”, “if we win the Derby it could save him”. Utterly ridiculous lines in the sand that mean nothing. 

So we draw at easter road and beat Aberdeen. All is rosy. Does the whole process start again when we lose at St Mirren 3 days after? **** that. 

At this current moment, Budge is wondering how she has been duped by a man she says is disorganised but can’t remove his Head Coach title without undermining the entire footballing department? And Levein was organised enough to sabotage the appointment of Cathro’s replacement to make sure he can place himself into every major role in the club? 

Utter farce and he should be hounded from the club. 

👍

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Your original comment seemed to suggest that the treatment he got from the media effected his performance - fine if that’s not what you meant.

It may have. He seemed on the defensive very early on in interviews. I think one interviewer asked him how long he thought he'd get or something weird in one of his first interviews.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It may have. He seemed on the defensive very early on in interviews. I think one interviewer asked him how long he thought he'd get or something weird in one of his first interviews.

So he was weak. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I remember it Neilson was his choice as HC and Cathro was offered the U20 job, meaning he would be next in line, but he turned it down. That should have been a red flag I think and it turns out Cathro did have rather a high opinion of his own talent as a head coach and didn't seem willing to work up to that position. Levein's biggest mistake isn't necessarily appointing Cathro it was appointing him when he did and giving him free reign to do what he did to the squad, instead of either mentoring him for half a season or taking charge himself and lining Cathro up for the next season. Who knows if Cathro might have done better after a couple of years with our U20s learning the ropes as Neilson did.

I have a different recollection - Levein wanted Cathro as HC however he was not available at the time.

He had worked with Cathro at DU and he had factored him into his grand plan at Hearts.

Either way Cathro was a massive error of judgement from Levein that he was lucky to survive.

11 minutes ago, Archie White said:

I genuinely believe that Levein likes "projects" to show off his so called ability as a manager to pick nuggets out of the sand. Cathro was a project. Sean Clare is a project. Adey White is a project. Washington is his latest project... etc etc...

Yup all fits in with Levein’s believe that he is some sort of football messiah!

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

I suggest you don’t make provocative posts if you are really so sensitive.

I'm not sensitive but you assumed I was young,ageist and showing signs dementia and I'm going to be happy .what other reason is levein still here

7 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

No true Hearts fan would play for the hobos. 

8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Great stuff, Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So are you now saying the treatment from the Scottish media DID effect his performance as head coach??? 🤔