• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• i8hibsh

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think you need to have a look at Levein’s record in Glasgow - and the fact that his teams routinely capitulate there without laying a glove on the opposition - before you conclude that our performances there are currently the same as they have always been. 

I obviously give our support more credit than you do for being able to see what’s in front of their eyes.

We've won twice in the top flight at Ibrox since 2000. One win under Paulo Sergio. The other? Craig Levein. We're shite through there under Levein, but we were shite under Cathro, Neilson, Jefferies, Locke etc.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

"Safest job in football."

Shame people can't see past their dislike for him. He's bang on about Levein.

Point is, we don’t need someone like him to tell us what we already know. 

Thing is, the two of them are quite alike, hence the dislike between them. 

Only problem is, one was a world class player and has managed at a high level in Scotland and England and Internationally.....and one was rotten and now talks for a living !

Ho hum !

Edited by Boab

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

We've won twice in the top flight at Ibrox since 2000. One win under Paulo Sergio. The other? Craig Levein. We're shite through there under Levein, but we were shite under Cathro, Neilson, Jefferies, Locke etc.

And our record under Levein at Hampden, Celtic Park and Firhill?

One win at Ibrox? Yippee. 

pettigrewsstylist
23 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Was at meggatland today and Levein was there. He was the most relaxed individual there. Certainly didn’t look like a man who was worrying about his job. Had his picture taken with a few fans. Laughed and joked with Roger Arnott. Not a care in the world. 

Its a coping mechanism due to his health advice i imagine. I'm glad, - his demeanor is of little consequence, i know him to be a jambo!

10 minutes ago, leginten said:

:facepalm:

Was there a “mass protest” before the Ross County game, then?

Exactly.. what’s the excuse been for the last year.. if anything the fans have been extremely tolerant

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

We all do, but will we?

imo no.

whilst they are shite also they have home advantage and a midfield with some kind of legs in it.

we have whelan(who I like by the way) who can’t run, Damour(who I also like) who won’t last 60 mins before he’s knackered.

i think we will get overrun in the engine room and lose.

i hope to feck I’m wrong but I think we look pedestrian in there at the moment.

I seen some quotes on here and Hibs.net that they were in desperate need in the midfield department, mainly a defensive mid and were jealous looking at our squad.

So hopefully they are worse than us at present... although the table doesn't lie.

Never fearful of the Hibs and their bandwagon - there may indeed be sunshine over Leith for those of the maroon persuasion on sunday.

People can spin it anyway they like but the facts are that Levein has achieved zero as a football manager,  and has generally ended up getting the sack. The puzzling issue is why does AB think otherwise. This all going to end in reputations being destroyed.

56 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cathro had two games at Ibrox, in one of which we actually managed to equalise before losing 2-1.

Locke had none.

1 hour ago, sac said:

Goes both ways, stop performing shite & we’ll get off your case Berra. Man up or ship out

This message ought to replace “Blood doesn’t show...” for the foreseeable future in the tunnel. And in the boardroom. And at the Oriam.

Soft as shite through the entire organisation.

1 hour ago, sac said:

Goes both ways, stop performing shite & we’ll get off your case Berra. Man up or ship out

That’s rich of Berra. He’s been awful in most games this season and it’s certainly not the fault of the fans.

22 minutes ago, Prof said:

People can spin it anyway they like but the facts are that Levein has achieved zero as a football manager,  and has generally ended up getting the sack. The puzzling issue is why does AB think otherwise. This all going to end in reputations being destroyed.

If ‘achieve’ means trophies won then he is in good company as one of my favourite Hearts Managers, Alex Macdonald, won no trophies as a manager either. 

2 hours ago, Hercules said:

Was at meggatland today and Levein was there. He was the most relaxed individual there. Certainly didn’t look like a man who was worrying about his job. Had his picture taken with a few fans. Laughed and joked with Roger Arnott. Not a care in the world. 

That's because he has Ann Budge over a barrel. He'd be sacked long before now if Ann Budge could sack him. He has to be unsackable,  he must be for some reason or other. 

If Ann Budge doesn't find a way to sack Levein & co the fans will have to do it the hard way for the good of the club. I pray it doesn't come to that.

Forever Hearts
48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If ‘achieve’ means trophies won then he is in good company as one of my favourite Hearts Managers, Alex Macdonald, won no trophies as a manager either. 

You're comparing Alex McDonald's Hearts managerial career with Levein's? The baw's burst right enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Boab said:

I’m sorry, mate, I disagree. 

The business is inextricably linked with what goes on on the field. It’s a football club for crying out loud.

We are only responding to things that AB has said herself, namely, that 4th place was the target we should be achieving. We have failed twice in that, badly actually.

There was a very popular opinion after the final that he should have gone then. I was one who agreed with that. Not very different from now as you claim. The only difference now is, reasonable, sensible posters, like yourself, all want him gone, and gone now.

I don’t think we have to be business masterminds to know that , if this continues, and gets worse, then it will take a lot longer to fix, and cost money in lost revenue.

The Motherwell game now seems a long way off. 

Of course match day revenue is linked. 

But some seem perturbed we have turned Tynecastle into a 365 days a year class venue. 

That's a problem,  we are a catering company. 

Well what a load of nonsense. The squad has had ample consideration. The manager is simply not getting the best from it, admitted some rotten luck,  but still enough to be competing far better 

9 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

This is in interesting idea. 

How much would it raise if we all say doubled our contribution for one month, with the message thats it's to be put towards getting rid off the current setup. 

Better than stopping it?

I would grudge giving him a pay off,but would do it.

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're comparing Alex McDonald's Hearts managerial career with Levein's? The baw's burst right enough. 

They both won the same number of trophies, if that’s the main yardstick.  🤷🏽‍♂️

3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

That won't happen whether the current incumbent of the job remains or not. 

If the current owner who has no real duty to any shareholders also decides the supporters aren't really worth all the aggravation then there might not be any appetite to leave us in the Premier League, she found us in the Championship remember. Might as well leave with us back there. 

I wouldn't blame her. 

If you think this team, with this manager is too good to be relegated you haven’t seen us play.

Surely TF someone would take action before it got to that though

Captain Canada

Berra needs to do his talking on the pitch, literally and metaphorically. He's currently very fortunate to even be in the team, nevermind captaining it. 

The players need to cope with whatever happens. We've been subjected to abject football and a lack of passion for too long now. 

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They both won the same number of trophies, if that’s the main yardstick.  🤷🏽‍♂️

In that case Chris Sutton was a better footballer than Matt Le Tissier. 😀

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

CL played his part in that - where was he when we needed a point at Dens? 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Macdonald played good attacking football,under a low budget.

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Of course match day revenue is linked. 

But some seem perturbed we have turned Tynecastle into a 365 days a year class venue. 

That's a problem,  we are a catering company. 

Well what a load of nonsense. The squad has had ample consideration. The manager is simply not getting the best from it, admitted some rotten luck,  but still enough to be competing far better 

Of course. Decent debate.

Cheers.

39 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If you think this team, with this manager is too good to be relegated you haven’t seen us play.

Surely TF someone would take action before it got to that though

Haven't missed a game this season. We're scoring goals and playing ok. 

We're not defending ok though and that's down to the Captain who is finished. Drop him and we'll start winning. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Noah Claypole said:

We're not defending ok though and that's down to the Captain who is finished. Drop him and we'll start winning. 

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Blacky87 said:

Telling you he's on medication after his Heart scare. 

Most placid guy in the world. 

Levein of old would be tearing reporters to pieces. 

Screaming his head off on touchline and players would be getting throttled at half time.. 

Something not right... 

(caveat: no medical training and it's a jsut a thought) 

Having had two stents fitted the week before CL I would anticipate he is on beta blockers and blood thinning tablets - none of which should change a persons personality dramatically.

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Having had two stents fitted the week before CL I would anticipate he is on beta blockers and blood thinning tablets - none of which should change a persons personality dramatically.

Ah okay, sorry to hear that but thanks for the info. Hope you are keeping well. 

Would he not be on anything for stress levels perhaps? I'm just trying to brain storm as he's just not the Levein of old. 

18 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Ah okay, sorry to hear that but thanks for the info. Hope you are keeping well. 

Would he not be on anything for stress levels perhaps? I'm just trying to brain storm as he's just not the Levein of old. 

I’m perfectly fine - thanks for asking.

He’s getting older mate - he’s no longer the young firebrand when he first managed Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Hercules said:

Photos? 

A joke? 

O dear god, what next? 

How does stressed look to you? 

Some folk aren't emotion, irrational mess's. 

Some folk are cool under pressure. 

3 hours ago, Prof said:

I don't think Budge cares about that. It is all just about being nice to her. She does not get it and does not get football.

GorgieFifeLife

A week of silence followed by defeat on Sunday, I could really see some ugly scenes after the game. Frustration may well spill over from the stands and Budge will be culpable.  This could get really messy.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Playing ok.....JEEZ

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

Beyond parody! 😂

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Photos? 

A joke? 

O dear god, what next? 

How does stressed look to you? 

Some folk aren't emotion, irrational mess's. 

Some folk are cool under pressure. 

WTF is wrong with you ? Bet you giggle to yourself when you post eh ? Wee snotter hanging from the end of your beak ?? 

Tee hee. This’ll show them 👏🏻👏🏻

13 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

A week of silence followed by defeat on Sunday, I could really see some ugly scenes after the game. Frustration may well spill over from the stands and Budge will be culpable.  This could get really messy.

If it was at Tynecastle i could see it getting real ugly if they beat us but not so much at Easter Road  

We get statements left right and centre when the fans are the issue but nothing on the biggest problem at our club right now - the football department and the manager like she promised there would be in her previous statement. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Hercules said:

WTF is wrong with you ? Bet you giggle to yourself when you post eh ? Wee snotter hanging from the end of your beak ?? 

Tee hee. This’ll show them 👏🏻👏🏻

What's wrong with me.?

Read your original post again, engage your brain and then come back. 

What are you expecting him to be acting like at a reserve game? 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What's wrong with me.?

Read your original post again, engage your brain and then come back. 

What are you expecting him to be acting like at a reserve game? 

He has probably been informed of his severance payment!

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And our record under Levein at Hampden, Celtic Park and Firhill?

One win at Ibrox? Yippee. 

The last 2 managers to win at Celtic Park were Csaba and Frail. Hardly a defining statistic in a Hearts managers career.

4 hours ago, leginten said:

Cathro had two games at Ibrox, in one of which we actually managed to equalise before losing 2-1.

Locke had none.

Locke had a few at Celtic Park. Was referring to OF as 1.

8 hours ago, kimosavi said:

If it was at Tynecastle i could see it getting real ugly if they beat us but not so much at Easter Road  

It’s always proper ugly at Easter Road