Levein - stay or go. New poll (15.9.19)

Swanny17

Craig Levein - stay or go poll (15.9.19)  

1,101 members have voted

1. 1. Quite simple really, do you think Craig Levein should remain at the club or not?

• Yes, he should stay in whatever capacity
    • No, he must go and be relieved of all duties

He needs to go now. I was prepared to give him yesterday as well as Hibs and Aberdeen but that was with the expectation that we’d beat Motherwell. We’re showing no signs of improving and he’s lucky to still have a job after the way we ended last season. I’d only keep him in some capacity involved with the academy but he can’t be DOF or manager.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• JamboAl

• Sagan

• Blacky87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgie Boys are in town.

Many have been predicting this day would come. We have plodded along with the old Jam tomorrow routine from the club. Every excuse under the sun has been used. There are people who appear to support Craig more than the club. The reality of Ann's huge mistake, in giving Craig the whole footballing department, is now beginning to take effect.

I don't think she can sack him. He has been given free reign and has far too much power. If he goes upstairs, he won't allow a new man to come in with his own coaches and a new philosophy. This is is why he must go completely.  The problem is that Ann has no plan B. Never in her worst dreams did she see this happening.  Sadly, many of us did, but unfortunately for us, she is so heavily commited to Craig and so hampered by the complete control she gave him that I feel she will try and ride this out. 

Edited by Gorgie Boys are in town.
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It would just be the start and in fact things could get worse quite easily in the Interm. 

Beyond parody.

As in how? How could things get worse? Worse quite easily???!

Bottom of the ****in league. Outplayed by Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home. Lucky to have two points on the board. Equal worst ever record in the league. Repeat that a couple of times, you appear to be toiling with it.....Not won a league game in nearly half a calendar year.

So how, how could things get worse quite easily? 

I’m really not bothered if he stays right now all the matters is he gets out the dug out! Daly and McPhee also step away. McPhee can stay and make videos if he wants and share them with the new manager and he can do as he likes with them. But it’s painful to watch those 3 anywhere near our dugouts. 

We we have experienced players in our ranks who look lost out on that pitch, who knows what the kids in the team make of it all. Those conferences that take place in our technical area are a kin to 3 toddlers in a nursery trying to figure out how to make dry sand stand up like a castle.

I honestly don’t care where they end up within the club structure just get them away from the players ASAP.

Its ridiculous that Gary Locke appeals as a better option for a manager for the derby but I’d doubt many could make a case against it.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Wrong. Indefinite leave sends entirely the wrong message. Regardless if it costs exactly the same money he should be removed from the club and a replacement given a fresh start, not having the ghost of CL hanging about the club

Ghost..... 

Ffs

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How can you go from nearly 50% backing him to stay as DOF to 90 per cent wanting him gone in the space of about two weeks? Laughable 

People finally snapping I would imagine. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

People finally snapping I would imagine. 

You can’t go from wanting him to be DOF to wanting him out in two weeks FFS.

As a fan base we need to wise up, especially if fans are going to be running the club 

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How can you go from nearly 50% backing him to stay as DOF to 90 per cent wanting him gone in the space of about two weeks? Laughable 

I think everyone has just had enough now. One way or another he needs to step away from all first team duties. I don’t know anyone in my group who go that have the slightest bit sympathy now... they just want him gone from any first team involvement if that means out all together so be it.

7 hours ago, old school tie said:

The whole football department needs cleansing. If she lets him scurry back upstairs, the baws burst.

Exactly, he needs to go completely! 

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As a fan base we need to wise up, especially if fans are going to be running the club 

We do. We ousted Robbie and the irony is he could be managing in the premiership while we're a championship side if we're not careful!! 

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How no? 

54 minutes ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

Many have been predicting this day would come. We have plodded along with the old Jam tomorrow routine from the club. Every excuse under the sun has been used. There are people who appear to support Craig more than the club. The reality of Ann's huge mistake, in giving Craig the whole footballing department, is now beginning to take effect.

I don't think she can sack him. He has been given free reign and has far too much power. If he goes upstairs, he won't allow a new man to come in with his own coaches and a new philosophy. This is is why he must go completely.  The problem is that Ann has no plan B. Never in her worst dreams did she see this happening.  Sadly, many of us did, but unfortunately for us, she is so heavily commited to Craig and so hampered by the complete control she gave him that I feel she will try and ride this out. 

This. 😟

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Desperate enough to let him move and bring someone else in. Now that chance to stay in any position has now well and truly gone.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be happy if he was a director or looking after the football set up behind the scenes. 

Should be removed from everything directly involved with the first team if he does go tho. 

You just never give up do you! 😏

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn't be unhappy. But tbh I'm not going to celebrate whoever IS appointed in this role. it's not my priority right now. 

Right now the 1st team needs fixed. 

Not really caring how it is fixed, it just needs fixed. 

I'm not on a personal crusade to chase CL out of Edinburgh either. 

If he has something to offer the football beyond the 1st team then I'm for him being that person, if not get rid. 

I have very limited knowledge of our behind the scenes activities tbh. 

I'm very wary that simply removing CL is only the start and we need a plan in place to replace him. 

I get the feeling many on here think we'll be transformed into an all conquering team as soon as he leaves and by him leaving completely will fix everything. 

It would just be the start and in fact things could get worse quite easily in the Interm. 

Sorry but don’t see how things can get any worse. It’s barely possible at this stage.

Anyone watching on a regular basis will surely agree that the shackles will come off once he departs. He’s holding us back.

What a crappy poll, just like the bloody Brexit one. I want him to stay at the club, but just not as Manager (and perhaps not as DoF either).

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What a crappy poll, just like the bloody Brexit one. I want him to stay at the club, but just not as Manager (and perhaps not as DoF either).

He’s caused enough damage.

Gone completely.

9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Budge is beginning to worry me. Still no statement about him resigning or being sacked. Shocking stuff.

Is Budge not on holiday?

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

This is my biggest worry too tbh. As much as I want CL and his bootroom squad out, I just can't see AB doing anything. 

The more I think about it, the more I believe he needs to completely leave the club.

Academy 8/10

Scouting 5/10

Coaching 2/10

Philosophy/ strategy 0/10

Results 0/10

I really don't think there are many more areas to the footballing department. He's failing in every aspect except the academy, and I believe that can function without him - IIRC Arnott runs that right?

AB made the cardinal error of making it known that she knew nothing about football and allowing CL free run of that side of the business with no apparent accountability. He came in and scythed through what was left after the Romanov era. He then brought in his own management team. He established a power base and made himself look indispensable. He sold her a vision of his belief how a team and coaching team should be run. That vision of the boot room is antiquated. But she bought it.

At what point in time has the chairperson ever challenged his decisions or made him accountable for them. The Cathro experiment should have seen him go as it was a failure. Instead they put him in charge of the first team where he appears to be Teflon and not being held to account. Wallace Mercer may not have known much about football when he took the club over but he learned and realised that there is no room for sentiment in this game.

He needs to go. He was highly regarded as a player by many who saw him. Best defensive partnership I’ve seen in my time was him and Sandy Jardine. However what his time at the club then should have taught him was that when things weren’t working, Sandy Jardine had the honour and courage to step away. Reputation in tact. CL’s standing and previous stature at the club has gone. I loved him as a player but now I can’t stand the man. His comment about 6 points behind 4th was probably the last straw of respect I had decor him disappear. He needs to be punted from the club lock stock and barrel.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I’m really not bothered if he stays right now all the matters is he gets out the dug out! Daly and McPhee also step away. McPhee can stay and make videos if he wants and share them with the new manager and he can do as he likes with them. But it’s painful to watch those 3 anywhere near our dugouts. 

We we have experienced players in our ranks who look lost out on that pitch, who knows what the kids in the team make of it all. Those conferences that take place in our technical area are a kin to 3 toddlers in a nursery trying to figure out how to make dry sand stand up like a castle.

I honestly don’t care where they end up within the club structure just get them away from the players ASAP.

Its ridiculous that Gary Locke appeals as a better option for a manager for the derby but I’d doubt many could make a case against it.

What's worrying about this post is that you would still have these three people employed at Hearts, knowing how bad they are, just as long as they don't interact with the first team players! 

I truthfully don't quite follow what you are saying. They all need to leave the club completely. Just walk out the door, get into their cars and never ever return. They are all personally responsible for ruining our club and they are no longer welcome.

There is not one iota of evidence to demonstrate to us, the fans, that things will change for the better. It is utterly eye bleeding stuff.

10 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

What's worrying about this post is that you would still have these three people employed at Hearts, knowing how bad they are, just as long as they don't interact with the first team players! 

I truthfully don't quite follow what you are saying. They all need to leave the club completely. Just walk out the door, get into their cars and never ever return. They are all personally responsible for ruining our club and they are no longer welcome.

There is not one iota of evidence to demonstrate to us, the fans, that things will change for the better. It is utterly eye bleeding stuff.

All I’m saying  is whatever needs to happen regarding pay offs etc can happen whenever so long as none of them have any further involvement with first team affairs.

Edited by Rudy T

39 minutes ago, OTT said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe he needs to completely leave the club.

Academy 8/10

Scouting 5/10

Coaching 2/10

Philosophy/ strategy 0/10

Results 0/10

I really don't think there are many more areas to the footballing department. He's failing in every aspect except the academy, and I believe that can function without him - IIRC Arnott runs that right?

Training / Fitness 1/ 10 because of all the injuries because there’s a real problem here.

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Training / Fitness 1/ 10 because of all the injuries because there’s a real problem here.

Thats down to the medical department. We are miles behind other clubs. Almost amateur in comparison. We’ve been offered expert advice and ignored it, we don’t attend conferences that other clubs do, the list goes on. Our injury problems are not just bad luck! Look where our medical team has come from in relation to other clubs.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Thats down to the medical department. We are miles behind other clubs. Almost amateur in comparison. We’ve been offered expert advice and ignored it, we don’t attend conferences that other clubs do, the list goes on. Our injury problems are not just bad luck! Look where our medical team has come from in relation to other clubs.

Interested to hear more on this if possible?

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

But if the wrong training and fitness methods are being used they can cause injuries.

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Interested to hear more on this if possible?

An example is Hibs have a head of sports medicine, who has now been recruited by the English FA and worked with a EPL team, our physio spent a year at Raith Rovers before coming to us. I can’t say too much as there’s undoubtedly qualified professionals doing their best but we are miles behind others. There was a huge sports medical conference two weeks ago with presentations from the very best in the industry... we were the only top flight team not in attendance, even Leanne Dempster was there.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The Janitor?

Imagine you apply for a job.  You get invited for an interview and gladly accept.  You then turn up for the interview and discover that the person interviewing you has just been removed from the position you are interviewing for,  this person interviewing you had the worst performance (joint) in the history of the company.  Instead of sacking him the CEO has decided that he should be your boss and he will be performance managing you if you get the job.

:lol: sounds crazy doesn't it.

11 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine you apply for a job.  You get invited for an interview and gladly accept.  You then turn up for the interview and discover that the person interviewing you has just been removed from the position you are interviewing for,  this person interviewing you had the worst performance (joint) in the history of the company.  Instead of sacking him the CEO has decided that he should be your boss and he will be performance managing you if you get the job.

:lol: sounds crazy doesn't it.

he pulls the strings like a puppet

Think had he left after the final or even a couple weeks ago moving upstairs would be acceptable but not now. He can keep his place on the board, but that’s it. 

We need a complete clear out. Daly & Fox must go too. Wouldn’t be against McPhee moving to DOF. 

Only appointment internally I’d be ok with would be Kirk. 

Sadly I see him moving unless we get hammered on Sunday. 

Its not nice to see but all that hrs doing now is souring his legacy at the club & unfortunately Budge is now in danger of doing the same. 

Edited by HMFC86

It’s not going to happen, Levein will be here for the derby. It’s so obvious now that he’s already had his chance(s) to put things right but I’ll be amazed if he isn’t still in charge come the Aberdeen match, let alone the derby.

I have a question. If, hypothetically, we go on a 15 game unbeaten run winning 12 and drawing 3 who here would still be calling for him to go?

I’m not saying this will happen, I’m just curious for peoples thoughts.