Two supporters banned indefinitely ( updated )

Walter Bishop

Why are we expending so much time on 2 boys (out of approx 13k season ticket holders) who have had their season tickets taken off them - some may say thin end of the wedge but perhaps there's a bit of over sensationalising 0.015% of the season ticket holding population?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Sagan

• FruitJuice

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I think you need some booze. 

Nah. Not my thing really. I’ll have a tipple or two tomorrow, but generally don’t like to drink in the house these days. Occasional glass of red with dinner at the weekend maybe. 

You see the effect it has when you read threads like this on a Friday. People turn in to drunk cretins and hassle magnets. ☹️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah. Not my thing really. I’ll have a tipple or two tomorrow, but generally don’t like to drink in the house these days. Occasional glass of red with dinner at the weekend maybe. 

You see the effect it has when you read threads like this on a Friday. People turn in to drunk cretins and hassle magnets. ☹️

Down a glass of irn bru then. You need something

Just now, GinRummy said:

As Orr Willie used to say - Jings, crivenns, help ma boab!

Or, as Oor Wullie used to say - Jings, Crivvens, Help ma Boab!

He learnt a lot on that wee bucket, did Wullie.

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Down a glass of irn bru then. You need something

Having a rather pleasant evening in front of the old television set. Nice pasta dinner, and a little Designated Survivor on Netflix. Just discovered it. It’s all rather silly of course, but a decent enough romp.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Or, as Oor Wullie used to say - Jings, Crivvens, Help ma Boab!

He learnt a lot on that wee bucket, did Wullie.

Spellchecker would have made the Sunday Post unreadable.  

Just now, GinRummy said:

@Sagan we all have evenings when we think we can take on the internet after half a dozen Stella’s and through the magic of alcohol, sometimes you can.

Ken. 

You couldn't pay me to drink Stella though. Tastes like Leveins tactics. 

59 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Some people are talking about potential court action. I don't know the ins and outs of this, but there is information on this thread which relates to something which appears to have appeared in The Sun. The club, itself, don't have to tell people why they are banning them from entering Tynecastle for an indefinite period, although I'd imagine it is something they might well do if the two guys asked them. However, if it then transpired that the reasons for placing a ban on them had nothing to do with sectarianism or racism (I don't know enough about the vocal output available through a CCTV system but I don't think it would be easy to pick out sectarianism or racism just through seeing someone on CCTV footage unless it was brutally obvious in some other way) then although they wouldn't have any case agaisnt HMFC they could well have a case against the newspaper who printed the article and could be in line to make a tidy sum as a result, which would more than cover the financial loss in terms of games already paid for if both are owners of ST's.

What a lot of tripe.👎

Why are people in such a hurry to condemn the club and side with the troublemakers in our support ?

You think the club spent all that money on updating the CCTV system for fun.

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Nah, steak pie and chips or bolt. 

It will still be in your tummy when you wake up tomorrow. Combined with the liquor you’ll feel a little queazy. :( 

3 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

Don't you like bigots and racists being punted then ?

Makes good reading to me. 

Nah, it was much better when the narrative was that fans were getting lifetime bans for daring to criticise the owner or manager.

Now that it turns out that it's indefinite bans for racist and sectarian behaviour, it's become boring for anyone who likes to have a pop at the club on the slightest pretext.

It's kind of hard for them to criticise the club over this without coming across as a bit of a racist bigot, so best to move on and hijack another thread.

Governor Tarkin
34 minutes ago, Gards said:

Why are we expending so much time on 2 boys (out of approx 13k season ticket holders) who have had their season tickets taken off them 

First they came for two daft laddies who were a bit racist and bigotted and posted shite on twitter, but I did nothing as I was not a daft laddie who was a bit racist and bigotted and posted shite on twitter...

3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Spot on..... once they are rid of them all I will start to take my daughter who is 7 to the games... 

I presume you're being sarcastic.

Why does creating an atmosphere mean sectarian, homophobic or racist abuse, all of which are against the law?

If you think it's OK, you're just a simpleton. A bigoted one at that.

Governor Tarkin
53 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye, that chap that used to be Oliver Twist was clearly worse for wear this evening.

48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Having a rather pleasant evening in front of the old television set. Nice pasta dinner, and a little Designated Survivor on Netflix. Just discovered it. It’s all rather silly of course, but a decent enough romp.

Sounds smashing.

I've been poolside Menorca most of the day supping Estrella Damn and chucking the offspring down faux Disney themed water chutes. 

Junior Tarkin having the time of his life.

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It will still be in your tummy when you wake up tomorrow. Combined with the liquor you’ll feel a little queazy. :( 

If yer gonna drink, ye need to ram some carbs down yer neck to soke it up.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye, that chap that used to be Oliver Twist was clearly worse for wear this evening.

Sounds smashing.

I've been poolside Menorca most of the day supping Estrella Damn and chucking the offspring down faux Disney themed water chutes. 

Loved Menorca when the kids were young. Great wee island.

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry, I was being sarcastic on the first two counts.

Your second point, of course not.  I'll be wrong a lot of the time.

Ah - apologies. Missed that completely amongst some of the shockers on this thread.

As you were :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sounds smashing.

Nice. Thing 1 was old enough to properly enjoy the sea and the pool this year. Four years old and totally fearless... proud. Thing 2 not far behind her and only seven months. Enjoy your holiday good sir. 👍

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nice. Thing 1 was old enough to properly enjoy the sea and the pool this year. Four years old and totally fearless... proud. Thing 2 not far behind her and only seven months. Enjoy your holiday good sir. 👍

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sounds smashing.

The old erb fletchar flume of greeny goodness...

16B33AD2-73ED-417D-BBD1-4203C5CFDD71.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

If yer gonna drink, ye need to ram some carbs down yer neck to soke it up.

Just trying to give you some good advice. It’s a bit late at night for that amount of stodge. When you go to sleep your digestive system slows right down. You’ll wake up feeling a bit full and pumpy. :( 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just trying to give you some good advice. It’s a bit late at night for that amount of stodge. When you go to sleep your digestive system slows right down. You’ll wake up feeling a bit full and pumpy. :( 

Well thanks, I'll take that on board. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

What a lot of tripe.👎

Why are people in such a hurry to condemn the club and side with the troublemakers in our support ?

100%

13 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

"Football Now Subject To Normal Societal Rules Shocker!!!"

Good riddance.

Yeah, I thought that too until they brought out the offensive behaviour at football act and I thought, hang on, what’s the difference between a breach charge in the street and a similar offence in a football ground.

Problem is, they tried to make it so. And it failed. Because politicians are, basically, clueless w*****s !

On 13/09/2019 at 00:19, Jamboelite said:

So quick recap

Morons still using the term snowflakes.

Morons using the term grass line.

Morons wanting to meet fellow supporters.

Morons believing indefinite bans have been handed out for social media posts only.

Right that’ll do for JKB tonight....

FTFY!

Seymour M Hersh

Are these bannings the same people as discussed at the beginning of the thread or unrelated and different folk?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

4 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

What a weird thread this has turned into 😂. It’s took me all day to get through it all, bunch of nutters 🙈

I got told to have a look as it’s comedy gold. Not reading 19 pages of rubbish... 🧐

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

What a lot of tripe.👎

I read your response last night before going to bed just incase tiredness meant I didn't understand it, as I was having problems in terms of my original post in finding where I had condemned the club. I had read some of the posts on this thread which seemed to indicate that the two guys may have already been contacted by the club and that there was a suggestion they hadn't been banned from the stadium for sectarianism or racism. However, I also said that I had no idea why they had been banned but the Sun had gone with a headline which indicated it was sectarianism and racism related. All I then said was that if either of them beleived that the Sun headline was inaccurate, and didn't match a different reason already given or subsequently given to them by the club, then they might have grounds to raise a case against The Sun. If from that you are able to come up with a translation of "he is condemning the club" then so be it, although I still don't understand how you came to that conclusion. You also asked a question about the CCTV and asked if I thought they had installed it for fun, where I had actually said I had no idea what information other than what showed on them visually might also be available to the club via the footage.

If the reason for your strange reply was due to you having your period this week then you do have my sympathies, as a male it isn't something I've ever had to cope with.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I read your response last night before going to bed just incase tiredness meant I didn't understand it, as I was having problems in terms of my original post in finding where I had condemned the club. I had read some of the posts on this thread which seemed to indicate that the two guys may have already been contacted by the club and that there was a suggestion they hadn't been banned from the stadium for sectarianism or racism. However, I also said that I had no idea why they had been banned but the Sun had gone with a headline which indicated it was sectarianism and racism related. All I then said was that if either of them beleived that the Sun headline was inaccurate, and didn't match a different reason already given or subsequently given to them by the club, then they might have grounds to raise a case against The Sun. If from that you are able to come up with a translation of "he is condemning the club" then so be it, although I still don't understand how you came to that conclusion. You also asked a question about the CCTV and asked if I thought they had installed it for fun, where I had actually said I had no idea what information other than what showed on them visually might also be available to the club via the footage.

If the reason for your strange reply was due to you having your period this week then you do have my sympathies, as a male it isn't something I've ever had to contend with.

The Sun lead with that headline because the press release they got from Hearts said the boys were banned due to a racist and sectarian incident at the Hamilton game. The sun used the exact words the club used. The club obviously think they have concrete evidence of such behaviour or they wouldn’t have used such strong wording. If they don’t, then I’d expect the two boys will be less than impressed and well within their rights to peruse the club legally. Deformation of character for example. 

13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

If the reason for your strange reply was due to you having your period this week then you do have my sympathies, as a male it isn't something I've ever had to cope with.

🙃

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The Sun lead with that headline because the press release they got from Hearts said the boys were banned due to a racist and sectarian incident at the Hamilton game. The sun used the exact words the club used. The club obviously think they have concrete evidence of such behaviour or they wouldn’t have used such strong wording. If they don’t, then I’d expect the two boys will be less than impressed and well within their rights to peruse the club legally. Deformation of character for example. 

Exactly.