• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Thomaso

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hampden on matchaday now pretty much just a small bitter hardened bunch of nationalists. You actually heard screaming boys and guys shouting "man on". I actually cringed when I seen a flag with Groundskeeper Willie on it.

:facepalm:

Sod the size of the crowd tho, have they disclosed who had the tallest feather on their Glengarry yet?

I just see no way back for the national team.

Edited by i8hibsh

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He took at least 6 months to get killie playing well - that didn't happen overnight.

Yeah 6 months of working with the squad day in day out. Clarke has not been an international manager and there is nothing to suggest he will be after 3 losses in 4 and his win was only a last gasp effort at home to Cyprus. There is zero noticeable improvement from McLeish. The players don't look more motivated or that they have more self-belief. The defence is all over the place and we can't score.

The SFA have to take full responsibility for this. O'Neill was interested - an experienced international manager who knows our game and players. They blew it. We need someone who knows international football, it's so obvious. Doesn't matter if they're not Scottish. In fact I think that would be a plus. If Belgium can have a Spaniard managing them with a Scot as assistant why can't we look beyond Scotland?

Montgomery Brewster
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Imagine what the crowds will be for the last 2 home games. Don’t know if their hands are tied to reduce prices if people have bought the campaign season ticket

They’ve already been giving away free tickets for these last 2 games. Fortunately I never bought a season ticket.

You know, it's no surprise the national teams decline with the idiots we have in charge of our game. It looks like the fans have finally had enough of being taken for granted, being charged over the odds, crap transport links to the game and a rubbish stadium. 25k v the best team in the world is ridiculous and the attendances will only get worse now. 

Ann budge & co should take note. Charging top whack for the crap on show just now will turn fans away. 

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Tomorrow morning, the SFA need to call Sir Alex and ask him to lead a review into the national team. 

That’d be like a band of mice calling a cat up and asking it to be their private audience.

Guest ToqueJambo

What does Malky Mackay actually do? As "performance director" he's overseen us get far worse than we were under Strachan. He's supposed to be getting youngsters into the Scotland team but where are they? Instead we get Mulgrew and Hanley. Why wasn't David Turnbull capped when he was on fire? Or Craig Halkett? Or Michael Johnston? Can Clarke not afford to go and see Liam Henderson play? Aaron Hickey couldn't be any worse at RB than O'Donnell. Ryan Fraser is still quite young but why does he keep getting randomly dropped then picked again? What's the plan for the likes of Billy Gilmour and Fraser Hornby? Just ignore them unit they hit 22 or something?

59 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We are at the moment. 

Wales have Ramsey and Bale and N.Ireland play to their strengths. 

McLeish was fannying around with different selections and never found his team.

Clarke has yet to find his.

It’s very difficult for Scotland just now. We have literally no one at right back bar Stephen O’Donnell and no one upfront other than Leigh Griffiths who’s barely kicked a ball in a year.

Our Centerhalf options other than Mulgrew , are very young and inexperienced. N.Ireland have Cathcart and Evans who’ve played together for a while now. 

That said, in the main, we have better players than N.Ireland so there can be little in the way of excuses. Our midfield options are actually pretty good. 

I think one one of the main things in N.Irelands favour though is Windsor Parks a bit of a Fortress and they have a good core of their team that have played together for a while. 

Hampden is clearly a problem for us now. 

I think Clarke will do a good job in the long term and there is no better candidate but he has a really tough challenge on his hands.

Excellent post. Spot on on all counts. Especially the bit I've emboldened. Small nations are hugely up against it as it is. It's quite literally mad that Scotland play all their home games in a complete dump where there's less atmosphere than on the moon.

Imagine Hearts without Tynecastle. The narrowness of the stadium, fans right on top of the players and, when it all clicks, creating a cacophonous din is what gives us a chance. Scotland should be trying to do likewise. Visits to Eastern Europe are notoriously hostile. Most away games for South American national teams are horrendously difficult: whether it's Bolivia at crazy levels of altitude or Colombia in a place which is so humid, so steamy, opponents are practically a goal down even before kick-off. Yet Scotland throw away their home advantage thanks to the ridiculous approach of the blazers.

If anyone can **** things up even further than the embarrassingly low standards we already endure, then Rod Petrie is the man for the job. Might just be the moustache hair that breaks the lion’s back. 

Montgomery Brewster
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If anyone can **** things up even further than the embarrassingly low standards we already endure, then Rod Petrie is the man for the job. Might just be the moustache hair that breaks the lion’s back. 

Petrie out

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Rod Petrie and Malky Mackay. Let's just pause for a second and reflect that right now they are the people appointed to save Scottish football.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What does Malky Mackay actually do? 

It tells you everything you need to know about the Sweet FA that Malky the racist is performance director - setting a tremendous example for the kids, Malky! - and Rod the Tache is President. It's like the worse someone does, the more chance they have of rising higher up in the organisation.

If only FIFA didn't preclude it, the Scottish government should be investigating the SFA. And all aspects of Scottish football governance. It can't happen though.

Just now, Montgomery Brewster said:

Petrie out

Would be brilliant if he was left carrying the can for over a quarter of a century of incompetence and trough snouting. Win-win - finally see the back of that ***** and hopefully Scotland would be able to start repairing themselves.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Rod Petrie and Malky Mackay. Let's just pause for a second and reflect that right now they are the people appointed to save Scottish football.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is a huge part of why we will remain utterly shit. Winning games is totally inconsequential to the main focus. Jolly-ups and back scratching.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But we now own hampden.

Shooter McGavin

The SFA s*** on the “tartan army”, who themselves are happy to blow big money on following a team who can’t really be bothered playing for their country. 

Just fold then national team and spend the money and resources on club football. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Petrie is a tedious thick **** who can’t string a sentence together for dribbling shit.

source - a club chairman 

Three or four campaigns ago The Scotland Supporters Club was maxed out at 35k with a waiting list, the last campaign it dropped to just over 30k, the current campaign it dropped to under 20k which is a huge drop from one year to the next but the SFA ignored the fans and pressed ahead with remaining at Hampden and wonder why crowds keep dropping.

Just now, sadj said:

Petrie is a tedious thick **** who can’t string a sentence together for dribbling shit.

source - a club chairman 

Leeanne Dempster? 

15 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

But we now own hampden.

Yup thanks to a donation that means every bloody game must be played there for the next 100 years 😒

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Leeanne Dempster? 

No , never had a conversation with her. I’d struggle as i always get distracted by the back end of a bus , nevermind one looking round the corner behind you when they are standing face to face with ya

Just now, sadj said:

No , never had a conversation with her. I’d struggle as i always get distracted by the back end of a bus , nevermind one looking round the corner behind you when they are standing face to face with ya

Steady on mate, that’s as bad as being racist. 🙃

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Steady on mate, that’s as bad as being racist. 🙃

If she wasn’t employed by Hibs then yes , however she is so....... Besides its my issue that id be watching her squinty eye not conc on whatever shite she was talking about how she ****ed up Motherwells finances then blindsided the Hobo support.

Edited by sadj

Montgomery Brewster
1 minute ago, sadj said:

If she wasn’t employed by Hibs then yes , however she is so....... Besides its my issue that id be watching her squinty eye not conc on whatever shite she was talking about how she ****ed up Motherwells finances then blindsided the Hobo support.

Pontoon eyes. One eyes sticking and the other ones twisting 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yup thanks to a donation that means every bloody game must be played there for the next 100 years 😒

It also means they have to charge £30 for San marino.  It is a complete shambles. I wonder if petrie will show face this week.  

10 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Three or four campaigns ago The Scotland Supporters Club was maxed out at 35k with a waiting list, the last campaign it dropped to just over 30k, the current campaign it dropped to under 20k which is a huge drop from one year to the next but the SFA ignored the fans and pressed ahead with remaining at Hampden and wonder why crowds keep dropping.

They should do the decent thing and sell the land that hampden is on and start again.  It's not the seventies where Scottish football journalists are harking back to.  It's pretty obvious that all those in the media advocating hampden as the home of Scottish football aren't paying to get in 

6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

They should do the decent thing and sell the land that hampden is on and start again.  It's not the seventies where Scottish football journalists are harking back to.  It's pretty obvious that all those in the media advocating hampden as the home of Scottish football aren't paying to get in 

Rebuild Cathkin Park

24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Leeanne Dempster? 

She's not a chairman.  I'm guessing it's probably not Ann either.

Perhaps the late Turnbull Hutton, who wasn't known for mincing his words and was less than happy at the attempts of our footballing authorities to shoehorn the new club playing out of Ibrox into the second tier after the top tier clubs had rejected them.

35 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is it true she employed Stubbs as manager because he was the only candidate she saw eye to eye with? 

32 minutes ago, RobNox said:

She's not a chairman.  I'm guessing it's probably not Ann either.

Perhaps the late Turnbull Hutton, who wasn't known for mincing his words and was less than happy at the attempts of our footballing authorities to shoehorn the new club playing out of Ibrox into the second tier after the top tier clubs had rejected them.

No wasn’t Turnbull it was earlier this year 

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

It also means they have to charge £30 for San marino.  It is a complete shambles. I wonder if petrie will show face this week.  

Can’t possibly be £30 to watch that game can it ?? 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'm sure someone quoted that price somewhere on this thread.  We are stuck with playing in a half empty stadium because they need to play there for the money.   

chuck berrys hairline
20 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm sure someone quoted that price somewhere on this thread.  We are stuck with playing in a half empty stadium because they need to play there for the money.   

And every single semi and final for the foreseeable even if it's between Dunfermline and QoS 😂

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

been here before
5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Adult tickets from £27.

If you want a decent seat (or given that its Hampden a better shite one in the middle of the North Stand) its 30.

Add on a booking fee of £3 and a carriage charge of 2 then thats 35 quid to watch 2 football powerhouses lock horns in a winner takes all battle for glory.

Please form an orderly queue gents.

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Robertson gave 100% tonight. He plays better with better players at Liverpool - that’s football.

That's it in a nutshell.  It might be sadly true that Robertson is too good to play in the Scotland team.  You might even get a better performing Scotland team if you were to pick a bunch of players of a similar level and try to get them to gel - a team stronger than the sum of its parts kind of thing.

Surely there is a clause that they can move the San Marino game to a smaller venue. 

It’s embarrassing enough playing them sitting second bottom but at Hampden ?

The players will be dreading it !

Great work, SFA.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Iceland with a population of 338000 seem able to cope, why cant we.

They invested in youth, instead of some decrepit stadium they can't actually afford. 

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’d be like a band of mice calling a cat up and asking it to be their private audience.

Ha. It would certainly be a humbling experience for the blazers.

But if the SFA are not going to take it seriously, then why should the fans and clubs?

3 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

They invested in youth, instead of some decrepit stadium they can't actually afford. 

Did they not invest in loads of artificial pitches?

Meanwhile, our council pitches are unplayable as they never get cut.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

he beat Craig at Tynie twice, Craig beat him at Rugby Park twice. last season. weird set of results.

2 v 2. 

Killie enjoyed sitting in, keeping it tight, then countering. Last season we were a gift for a team set up like that. 

Defend, make no mistakes, take your chance when it comes. 

Clarke done well with Killie but imo it was percentage football at it's best. 

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, iantjambo said:

If Hearts continue to go backwards will you stop watching them?

It’s grim but I just can’t bring myself to turn my back on the national team.

That’s it for me. Despite how bad it gets I’m a Scotsman and it’s not nice watching this. I can’t turn my back though, you have to cling to the hope it’ll improve again. 

The argument that we should just concentrate on Hearts and a little backwater league that most of the time we’re utter horseshit in too blows my mind. 

Look at the bigger picture here. 

7 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Adult tickets from £27.

If you want a decent seat (or given that its Hampden a better shite one in the middle of the North Stand) its 30.

Add on a booking fee of £3 and a carriage charge of 2 then thats 35 quid to watch 2 football powerhouses lock horns in a winner takes all battle for glory.

Please form an orderly queue gents.

That’s absolutely outrageous, they’ll be lucky if they get 15,000 at the next few games ( maybe combined) . Is there no chance that it can be moved to Tynecastle, pittodrie or easter rd, and at least have a stadium that’s full ?

I caught Kris Boyd on sky sports last night , he was almost bang on . 

2 hours ago, Haken said:

That's it in a nutshell.  It might be sadly true that Robertson is too good to play in the Scotland team.  You might even get a better performing Scotland team if you were to pick a bunch of players of a similar level and try to get them to gel - a team stronger than the sum of its parts kind of thing.

Reminds me of Paterson with his runs and crosses. But is he any good at defending? Thought he got caught out quite a few times last night - but then again, who didn’t? 

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

That’s absolutely outrageous, they’ll be lucky if they get 15,000 at the next few games ( maybe combined) . Is there no chance that it can be moved to Tynecastle, pittodrie or easter rd, and at least have a stadium that’s full ?

They won't move it due to having to buy hampden.  It's madness.  We have to accept that Glasgow is the home of Scottish football. And all that pish.  

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Listened to Boyd on Friday night and last night and don’t disagree with anything he said, tbh.

Just now, FruitJuice said:

They won't move it due to having to buy hampden.  It's madness.  We have to accept that Glasgow is the home of Scottish football. And all that pish.  

It would be interesting to know how many of the ugly sisters followers actually back Scotland and not their ancestral homeland teams ? and yet as you say the weege is the “ home” of Scottish fitba .

I’m still shaking  my head at the prices , thank god I don’t follow the national team* , maybe Roxburgh and brown done me a favour in turning me away .

*dont follow them but aside from last night ( for financial gain) I don’t want them beat , in fact I was gutted at the England draw, 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Listened to Boyd on Friday night and last night and don’t disagree with anything he said, tbh.

Only thing I thought he was wrong at was not blaming the old firm for signing players from other teams , players who were developing by playing , they sign them and put them on the bench , more a case of weakening other teams .