• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• RobNox

• Jambof3tornado

• Spellczech

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Six more games for Rangers to keep getting themselves in bother with UEFA.

Every cloud....

kirkierobroy

It would be fitting if both the Irish club and the British club had all the costs of being in the Euro second tier group stage but, through their oafish supports earning them closed-door home ties, not much of the income.

One can dream.

What a bizarre night. Arthur Boruc was on the mega phone in the legia end. The legia fans attacked the Rangers bus pre match. Plenty bigotry from the Rangers fans during the match. The flares going off was crazy. But the best thing was when the smoke eventually cleared, every legia fan was topless haha. 

annushorribilis III
3 hours ago, farin said:

Rangers will be spinning in their grave at this. 

0C4112F2-282F-48B1-9A73-E95F3CB51B46.thumb.jpeg.e8b4154543b602c4e2bf582d9359bee4.jpeg

Honestly, it took me a few seconds to figure out the message , then the picture and then "WHOA !!!!!"

Priceless. 

So what time is it for their 2nd punishment?

They must be expecting a further “partial” stadium closure and a fine.

Apparently it's a miracle what Gerrard has done in Europe. Somewhat impressive yes, but miraculous? **** off.

The 8 qualifying ties Rangers have faced to get to the group stages are: Shkupi, Osijek, Maribor, Ufa, St Joseph's, Progres Niederkorn, Midtjylland and Legia.

Kudos on beating Maribor, Legia and Midtjylland, but the rest? It's hardly a who's who of household names is it? Even the aforementioned 3 aren't exactly heavyweights and probably still spend way less than Rangers.

**** right off with this love in pish.

...a bit disco
21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Daily Record is reporting that TRFC faces a third charge for the game in Denmark against Midtjylland.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-facing-third-sectarian-charge-19036400

Rangers with the Treble.

And it's only August.

Three strikes and Ger out! Strict liability means strict liability. Empty stadia home games with anti racist banners in place of zombies would be funny mind.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

Opting out of taking away tickets for the next away Euro tie smells of a behind the scenes deal being cut. 

So it seems - same punishment as last time.

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decisions:

Match: UEFA Europa League play-off first-leg match between Legia Warszawa and Rangers FC (0-0), played on 22 August in Poland

Charges against Rangers FC:
- Racist behaviour (sectarian chants) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

Decision: 
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to order a partial closure of the Rangers FC stadium during the next one (1) UEFA competition match in which Rangers FC will play as the host club, for the racist behaviour of its supporters. Rangers FC shall inform UEFA of the sector(s) to be closed, which shall at least comprehend 3,000 seats. The Scottish club is ordered to display a banner with the wording “#EqualGame”, with the UEFA logo on it.

The Daily Record article about the third charge has also been retracted.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/correction-daily-record-story-published-19037479

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So it seems - same punishment as last time.

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decisions:

Match: UEFA Europa League play-off first-leg match between Legia Warszawa and Rangers FC (0-0), played on 22 August in Poland

Charges against Rangers FC:
- Racist behaviour (sectarian chants) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

Decision: 
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to order a partial closure of the Rangers FC stadium during the next one (1) UEFA competition match in which Rangers FC will play as the host club, for the racist behaviour of its supporters. Rangers FC shall inform UEFA of the sector(s) to be closed, which shall at least comprehend 3,000 seats. The Scottish club is ordered to display a banner with the wording “#EqualGame”, with the UEFA logo on it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/correction-daily-record-story-published-19037479

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Apparently it's a miracle what Gerrard has done in Europe. Somewhat impressive yes, but miraculous? **** off.

The 8 qualifying ties Rangers have faced to get to the group stages are: Shkupi, Osijek, Maribor, Ufa, St Joseph's, Progres Niederkorn, Midtjylland and Legia.

Kudos on beating Maribor, Legia and Midtjylland, but the rest? It's hardly a who's who of household names is it? Even the aforementioned 3 aren't exactly heavyweights and probably still spend way less than Rangers.

**** right off with this love in pish.

Indeed.

I bet he has a bigger wage bill than all 3 added together.

Possibly even all 8.

Feyenoord and Lazio in the group stages. At least there is no potential for trouble with those fixtures.

Apologies. Celtic got Lazio.

Edited by Notts1874

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Feyenoord and Lazio in the group stages. At least there is no potential for trouble with those fixtures.

Apologies. Celtic got Lazio.

Definitely no chance then 😁 

Just now, VALDOS' said:

Definitely no chance then 😁 

No but the Celtic support might get another chasing so swings and roundabouts.

Brilliant locations for the Rangers fans to travel. All good too for getting tickets. 

Locals with be looking forward and laying on a welcome. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Sevco have just been informed that they must close part of ibroke for the first home Europa league game .Apparently a few have spoiled it for the majority because of the sectarian songs they were belting out last night. 

1 hour ago, skodef said:

Sevco have just been informed that they must close part of ibroke for the first home Europa league game .Apparently a few have spoiled it for the majority because of the sectarian songs they were belting out last night. 

wasn't it due to the away leg songs rather than last night? so there could be further punishments for any trouble last night

Benny Factor
52 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Mikey wtf you on about, are you to young to remember Leeds v Rangers, you just make it up as you go along.

You seem to be quite good at remembering them for some reason. 

I am a tad confused, I thought it was Celtic that was drawn to play with young boys?

55 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Mikey wtf you on about, are you to young to remember Leeds v Rangers, you just make it up as you go along.

I do remember. Living as I did in West at time I knew Rangers fans who beat the ban. Thanks mostly to then Rangers director Donald Findlay. If you listen closely you can hear the noise when Rangers scored at Elland Road.

No idea what you mean though so if you want to be a bit clearer. 

Glasgows finest "kettle" these fans to the stadium, which is probably OK to avoid the Orcs/Legia getting violent.

You do have to question WTF they were doing letting these fans into Ibrox with a substantial amount of pyro-technics.

22 hours ago, farin said:

Think the police were a bit nervous, even before the banner. 😄

25CF4667-7B7A-4F1D-A87D-2E3AAD721630.thumb.jpeg.938ed48a74ec68a162c7cc107784c1db.jpeg

18 hours ago, farin said:

Topped it off with am impressive pyro display too. 

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

LOL, the Daily ****** unfortunately seem to have relied on the well known freelance non-journalist called John James, who published these claims on his blog, in a post which he has since removed (see extract below).  Not only is the esteemed fantasy blogger wrong in his claim about a third charge, but he is also way off the mark in terms of the punishment to be imposed after the second indiscretion in Poland.....

I have just become aware of a third UEFA charge of racist behaviour which has been levelled at the new club. Stewart Robertson broke the news to leaders of fan groups, prior to yesterday evening’s match, that a charge apropos the 15th August home fixture against FC Midtjylland has been added to UEFA’s burgeoning case file. I am led to believe that Sandy Chugg was indisposed.

Article 14 Clause 3b is specific. After a one game behind closed doors penalty which will be imposed due to the transgression in Poland, the next ban will be for more than one game i.e. a minimum of two.

The new club is staring down the barrel of playing all three of their home games in the Europa League behind closed doors.

UEFA could decide to apply the ultimate sanction by disqualifying the new club from the tournament. As I stated in a previous piece, Legia Warsaw could yet progress to the group’s stages.

The financial tsunami coming the new club’s way will have devastating consequences.

14 hours ago, farin said:

Im sure the match commander thought that too, but that’s the stewards job to frisk them. Prob 200 with pyros at the game. 😄

So this one is onTRFC for not searching all the Legia Fans which seems a bit unfair to me.

Does this mean that under strict liability it is TRFC that are liable? If so again this seems a little unfair due to the Police activities prior to the game.

SectionDJambo

Presumably the plane they all came over on had more than a few high flammable containers in the hold too.

Unless they acquired them here, which is doubtful.

Crazy.

I am right in saying Lawell has something to do with UEFA now?

Rangers have been long getting away with their shite all over Europe and this is long overdue, however have Celtic now got an insider to deflect away from their behaviour who might just have dropped a few hints about their rivals behaviour.

Seymour M Hersh

So they are getting a 2nd partial ban. I am just curious as to why Uefa have not increased the number of seats to be empty. I think they should double it each time which might make the orcs think before they sing or not.

...a bit disco
39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Presumably the plane they all came over on had more than a few high flammable containers in the hold too.

Unless they acquired them here, which is doubtful.

Crazy.

Big Polish community over here so getting hold of them in this country shouldn't have been too much of a stretch, I would think.

Footballfirst

It was Lindsay Herron who wrote the article for the Daily Record .........   and he's a bluenose.

I wrote an article today that they faced a 3rd UEFA charge for sectarian singing in Denmark but UEFA say this is not the case. I thought the informarion I had was genuine but it turns out not to be. Hands up, my mistake - no-one else.

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How many fatalities in he Legia support after those flares were lit?

Fortunately there were none, lucky this time.

Who knows how many the next time though?

These things are not banned because the authorities don't like to see folk having fun.

Brighton Jambo
On 25/08/2019 at 11:25, Boab said:

What is the scale of the problem ?

On 25/08/2019 at 13:20, Biguche said:

Sorry but how can you just claim that their orange strip is "anti-catholic"? Based on what? 

The scale of the problem is some chanting/flags. What do you think it is?

I will give you the benefit of the doubt you have never lived in Glasgow but to say it’s a few songs and a few flags in beyond naive.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49534599

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Fortunately there were none, lucky this time.

Who knows how many the next time though?

These things are not banned because the authorities don't like to see folk having fun.

Phew. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Phew. 

You're not coming across as very smart here chief.

Try Googling this phrase "are flares dangerous at football matches" and read any one of the many pages that it comes up with.

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I will give you the benefit of the doubt you have never lived in Glasgow but to say it’s a few songs and a few flags in beyond naive.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49534599

Two groups of knuckle draggers at a march/protest or whatever it was doesn't represent a bigger sectarianism problem in Scottish society in any way.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Two groups of knuckle draggers at a march/protest or whatever it was doesn't represent a bigger sectarianism problem in Scottish society in any way.

Absolute rubbish, the very fact that Glasgow is the only city outside Northern Ireland that still has these ridiculous marches that always generate issues is evidence in itself of the issue.

have you ever drank down say Dumbarton road?  Certain pubs are catholic pubs and certain pubs are Protestant pubs, how does that even exist in this day and age?

i honestly can’t belive you are denying that there is a sectarian issue in Glasgow what is the matter with you?  

18 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Absolute rubbish, the very fact that Glasgow is the only city outside Northern Ireland that still has these ridiculous marches that always generate issues is evidence in itself of the issue.

have you ever drank down say Dumbarton road?  Certain pubs are catholic pubs and certain pubs are Protestant pubs, how does that even exist in this day and age?

i honestly can’t belive you are denying that there is a sectarian issue in Glasgow what is the matter with you?  

Celtic and Rangers pubs, not Catholic and Protestant

Brighton Jambo
37 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Celtic and Rangers pubs, not Catholic and Protestant

Wrong again, a couple are explicit Rangers pubs but the rest are very much along religious lines.  Perhaps you could tell me which ones seeing as you seem to know Glasgow so well? 

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Wrong again, a couple are explicit Rangers pubs but the rest are very much along religious lines.  Perhaps you could tell me which ones seeing as you seem to know Glasgow so well? 

It's not a case of "knowing Glasgow so well" it's just a fact that there are Rangers pubs and Celtic pubs. And then there are the majority that are just "pubs". 

Let's pretend there are religious pubs as you say, how does that constitute a shameful, sectarian problem in the country? 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Biguche said:

It's not a case of "knowing Glasgow so well" it's just a fact that there are Rangers pubs and Celtic pubs. And then there are the majority that are just "pubs". 

Let's pretend there are religious pubs as you say, how does that constitute a shameful, sectarian problem in the country? 

Because in 2019 you should not have to worry about mentioning what school you went to or even what your name is in certain pubs for fear of attracting unwanted negative attention.  It wouldn’t happen in any other city in the UK.  

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Because in 2019 you should not have to worry about mentioning what school you went to or even what your name is in certain pubs for fear of attracting unwanted negative attention.  It wouldn’t happen in any other city in the UK.  

Are there a lot of sectarian motivated attacks in these pubs then?

BRAVEHEART1874

Yep can we have an orange strip also please,  as it is clearly nothing to do with William of Orange and that ancient battle of the boyne or whatever way back in 1690?  329 years?  

Did we not have a dutch player playing for us in 1995 blah blah blah ;)