Rangers Ordered to Close Part of Ibrox v Legia

Homme

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, but i’m not having any of that, mate. There have been threads before about this and the own house in order card is always played. 

It is in our power....it’s our stadium....to dictate how large an away support can be.

If the problem of sectarianism is to be tackled seriously, it needs people like AB to say...no, we’re not having this, we’re closing a section to you because of chants.

Now, why has this not happened ?

I have a, cynical, opinion why !

Put it this way, it’s not because she might get criticised ! 

You make a fair point. Have you put it to the club? Perhaps Budge should come out and criticise the OF party songs again. She'll get the whataboutery response because of our own idiots. Perhaps she should reduce their allocation every time they are heard to sing their repetoire? But the whataboutery will dictate that the media will ask why she does not close N & G too...

There is an order to things, and we need to get our house in order first so we are irreproachable. There I am back to divide and vacillate, whataboutery, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

Edited by Spellczech

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• RobNox

• Jambof3tornado

• Spellczech

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You make a fair point. Have you put it to the club? Perhaps Budge should come out and criticise the OF party songs again. She'll get the whataboutery response because of our own idiots. Perhaps she should reduce their allocation every time they are heard to sing their repetoire? But the whataboutery will dictate that the media will ask why she does not close N & G too...

There is an order to things, and we need to get our house in order first so we are irreproachable. There I am back to divide and vacillate, whataboutery, plus ca change...

It's deep grained Scottish society.  Not just football.

Football is just an excuse.

Why do you think the politicians take a wide berth?

The fact that no politicians are trying to use this as point scoring tells you all you need to know.

Edited by Lovecraft

Doctor FinnBarr

From the few huns I have on my FB page, it appears somebody O'Hagan CEO of Killie was the Uefa rep at the St Julians game and thats where the complaint has stemmed from. They seem very upset he has a non proddy name

Just now, Spellczech said:

There is an order to things, and we need to get our house in order first so we are irreproachable. There I am back to divide and vacillate, whataboutery, plus ca change...

We have closed a section. That’s the thing. 

Who cares what is said to AB if she took action. It would be a bold move and put to bed any suspicion that money has anything to do with this. Once and for all !

I have contacted the club in regard of away allocations in light of incidents last season. Never got a reply. Hey ho !

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

From the few huns I have on my FB page, it appears somebody O'Hagan CEO of Killie was the Uefa rep at the St Julians game and thats where the complaint has stemmed from. They seem very upset he has a non proddy name

Again.  Nothing to do with football.

They are ****ing neanderthal idiots.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Again.  Nothing to do with football.

They are ****ing neanderthal idiots.

Yep

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Who cares what is said to AB if she took action. It would be a bold move and put to bed any suspicion that money has anything to do with this. Once and for all !

I have contacted the club in regard of away allocations in light of incidents last season. Never got a reply. Hey ho !

I would love both the OF allocation to be reduced.

Doctor FinnBarr

I would love both the OF allocation to be reduced.

Fickin right, keep both sides of the arsecheeks out

4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

90% of Rangers fans couldn't tell you what a Protestant is.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Perhaps it is all tee'd up for Budge to do exactly as we've discussed then? I'd certainly like to see the OF allocation reduced too...

Fickin right, keep both sides of the arsecheeks out

Why don't we use the FOH money towards doing that?

Better than paying for Martin, Sammon or Oshaniwa.

It would also reduce the policing costs.

Fact!

Edited by Lovecraft

Doctor FinnBarr

90% of Rangers fans couldn't tell you what a Protestant is.

LOL, bullshit, they know they are something that starts with a P that isnae very keen on RCs

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

LOL, bullshit, they know they are something that starts with a P that isnae very keen on RCs

Protestants hate cafliks

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh!

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Perhaps it is all tee'd up for Budge to do exactly as we've discussed then? I'd certainly like to see the OF allocation reduced too...

I’m glad to hear it !

I got the impression from your earlier post that we should get our own problems sorted first. A debatable point for a while now.

Doctor FinnBarr

Khaffliks Shurely?

No, the H after the K is a modern thing, they were just Kafflicks before that

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

No, the H after the K is a modern thing, they were just Kafflicks before that

It's 2019 FFS

and

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m glad to hear it !

I got the impression from your earlier post that we should get our own problems sorted first. A debatable point for a while now.

I think she's already done it. Not sure there is a great deal more that Budge can do to sort out the idiots in our support... Next step surely has to be to try to stop the goons they try to imitate from rocking up at Tynecastle?

Just chucking this out there:

Maybe the SFA/SPL have asked for OOFA to step in?

Edited by Lovecraft

Just now, farin said:

Im sure you’ll agree in this instance at least uefa are doing the right thing. Certainly far more than the Sfa have, who knows this might be a watershed moment.

Just highlighting the hypocrisy, mate. I inserted a caveat about supporting this but, aye, totally agree. Makes our monkeys in charge look the monkeys they are, frankly. I’ll credit UEFA for that.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Just chucking this out there:

Maybe the SFA/SPL have asked for OOFA to step?

Well they are certainly testing the waters by sticking just a toe in it. Better than nothing though. Will be interesting to see the effect it has. And will the SFA dare to adopt the same approach...

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think she's already done it. Not sure there is a great deal more that Budge can do to sort out the idiots in our support... Next step surely has to be to try to stop the goons they try to imitate from rocking up at Tynecastle?

If two people get out of line and only one is punished, it’s natural for the convicted one to think...wtf ?

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Well they are certainly testing the waters by sticking just a toe in it. Better than nothing though. Will be interesting to see the effect it has. And will the SFA dare to adopt the same approach...

People at OOOFA don't need to shop at Iceland......

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Im sure you’ll agree in this instance at least uefa are doing the right thing. Certainly far more than the Sfa have, who knows this might be a watershed moment.

It certainly seems to have got them talking about what songs are or are not acceptable.

Obviously, they are only referring to European games, where they seem to have realised they will have to tone it down.  I fully expect them to be belting out their usual repertoire with even more gusto at domestic games as an act of defiance, knowing that the Scottish football authorities will do SFA about it.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It certainly seems to have got them talking about what songs are or are not acceptable.

Obviously, they are only referring to European games, where they seem to have realised they will have to tone it down.  I fully expect them to be belting out their usual repertoire with even more gusto at domestic games as an act of defiance, knowing that the Scottish football authorities will do SFA about it.

No chance.

No surrender.

They will blast out their songs louder than usual on Thursday.

10000000000000000000%

No surrender.  

I will put cash on it.

Edited by Lovecraft

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

100% right

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

They will do it on Thursday.

Without a doubt

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Possibly even a really cheap banner

Made by Green brigade.com

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

If two people get out of line and only one is punished, it’s natural for the convicted one to think...wtf ?

Not sure the innocents worry too much about the sense of inequality of justice felt by one transgressor vis another...The concept of state's evidence shows that one conviction is better than none.

8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No chance.

No surrender.

They will blast out their songs louder than usual on Thursday.

10000000000000000000%

No surrender.  

I will put cash on it.

That's 10 billion billion percent!  You are certainly confident :lol:

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

They will do it on Thursday.

If Legia look like going through, then I think that it's a certainty.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

if Legia win on Thursday.  That is Rangers v2 done.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If (the) Rangers look like going through it'll happen too

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Not sure the innocents worry too much about the sense of inequality of justice felt by one transgressor vis another...The concept of state's evidence shows that one conviction is better than none.

In the tribal world of football, i’m not sure that applies !

If (the) Rangers look like going through it'll happen too

Legia were ok, but they have the away goal rule if they can get it.

Sadly, Rangers have a good team.

46 minutes ago, Boab said:

In the tribal world of football, i’m not sure that applies !

True but would you say our bigots are better than their bigots just because they support Hearts? If anything I regard those that shame the club we support as being lower than those that shame Rangers or Celtic as I don't care for the reputations of the OF...

Guest ToqueJambo

From the bottom of the BBC story on this:

"The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment."

Says it all really.

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

if Legia win on Thursday.  That is Rangers v2 done.

Yes, their business model largely depends on them getting to EL group stages to get anywhere near to breaking even.  If they get pumped out by Legia, they will have a major cashflow problem to overcome.

6 hours ago, farin said:

Its all Kilmarnock's fault for reporting them in the 1st place. 😊

Edited -

I read it was a Norwegian Uefa delegate originally. Wouldn’t be surprising if they tried to blame others.

Edited by Mysterion

17 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Surely the corner where the Union Bears sit would be the obvious place to shut. 

0 chance of that. As with the green brigade the clubs are scared of them. They have too much influence. Even though it's most likely to be them that will be the cause 

17 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The SFA and SPFL have declined to comment.

No wonder bigotry is still rife!

Exactly - the SFA have match delegates at all games. The ones that attend games involving the Old Firm must be deaf and blind. 

been here before
18 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Surely the corner where the Union Bears sit would be the obvious place to shut. 

19 minutes ago, Bainy said:

0 chance of that. As with the green brigade the clubs are scared of them. They have too much influence. Even though it's most likely to be them that will be the cause 

According to the level headed denizens of the Berrrrrs Den BF1, CD6 and CD7 are being closed with some of the animals being relocated.

From reading between the froth I think the UB inhabit one of those areas.

Oh aye and its a fenian conspiracy.

Edited by been here before

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, farin said:

Its all Kilmarnock's fault for reporting them in the 1st place. 😊

EDB82189-E741-48C6-84B0-A83C6D8C35EA.thumb.jpeg.36372193dde90d0a040da5f56dcae608.jpeg

A "who are these people" moment!! 

Garry o hagan as in former hibs board member etc? 

Poor *******, hope he has sturdy windows whether true or not.

Blackford Hearts

Some fans, as well as clearly Gerrard (who attended Cardinal Herman Catholic High School) so may find this personally tiresome, seem to be taking it seriously. No need for the “even though it feels unfair” part, though this may be to appease the bigots and save the pub being trashed. 

C211A0A4-5FA6-4A04-A59F-9899DDB45358.jpeg

Edited by Blackford Hearts

Sexton Hardcastle

I thought our twitter boiz were idiots but rangers lot are just next level and then some.

How it’s a conspiracy, the problem is not just theirs and the media are blaming them for snp failure, Celtic can write naughty banners etc

Imagine being pals or family with these types. Would be tanning your wrists.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle