*** Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian official match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

As long as we don't come up against Lawrence Shankland we'll be alright

Why didn't we buy him or should that have said offer him a contract ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Surely Budge can see the only department that isn't performing is the football...!!

And we are after all......a football club...!!

If we're playing like this when the club is handed over to FoH then I can see the pledges drying up real fast.

And the season tickets, hospitality, etc. She will still be the CEO when FOH take over but she will be banking on CL turning things around and finishing no worse than 6th.

1 minute ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Well that was a predictable result. 

Will have to check but not sure I saw any 3-1 predictions....

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, Jammy T said:

So most people predicted a 3 to 5 goal defeat.

GIRUY

🍆

Lol.

Yay a 3-1 defeat where Celtic played at a pedestrian pace throughout knowing Hearts would give their usual Craig Levein performance. 

It doesn't really matter, but I thought the rules had changed regarding a penalty taker scoring from a rebound, and it wasn't allowed any more? 

Clare offers very little but you can see there is talent there.

Berras form is woeful.

Uche started off well and now looks a cart horse.

Cochrane was amazing start of last season now cant get in the team. 

Olly Lee started well and is now being let go without a fight.

Morrison looked like a real prospect start of last year, now cant get a look in.

My point is, our form is utterly awful and pretty much every player is suffering. I can only really think of Smith and Mulraney who are playing as well now as they were last year.

That has to come down to the management.

21 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

****ing Joel.

Calm the **** down with your kicks 

Two games of utter pish distribution - haven’t seen worse distribution since Kurskis

There seems little point in passing the ball back to the keeper for him to smash it to the opposition.

a strange tactic

We weren’t that bad. Two young full backs gave them too much time to cross. McGregors goal was a screamer. Washington missed a sitter. 

We never got absolutely diddled and we played well in parts. 

cardboardcutout

Sean Clare doesn't have the steel for the battle in our midfield and no amount of 'hoping he'll come good' etc will change that.He will fade away when we have a fully fit squad IMO

10 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Did you ???

what game are you watching, I saw us miss a dreadfully taken penalty then score the rebound .....

I replied to similar posts saying the same as you near the bottom of the page.

queensferryjambo

Pissed off we lost today but being a realist never expected anything from the game.

Even the super optimistic bit of me couldn't even muster the thought of getting a draw :( 

Just now, VALDOS' said:

Sadly it doesn't work like that, had Celtic not put those chances away they would have went harder at it in the last half hour. 

We are level going into the last half hour and we go harder 

It doesn’t work your ****ing way FFS. Think before you type.

Just now, VALDOS' said:

Sadly it doesn't work like that, had Celtic not put those chances away they would have went harder at it in the last half hour. 

Exactly. Players make more unforced errors when they lack confidence and that's what our players are like.

I'm sure Sean Clare is a nice lad, but he a shite footballer. Should not be in a Hearts top again. Unfortunately Levein's eyes are painted on.

Shite through there once again. Standard.

1 minute ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Lol.

Yay a 3-1 defeat where Celtic played at a pedestrian pace throughout knowing Hearts would give their usual Craig Levein performance. 

It wasn’t what was predicted. Deal with it.

:)

Lol.

Natural Order then Craig.

Not in the least surprised by the result. We are mentally weak starting with the Manager. The same old tactics that result in defeat every time.

Until Levein goes will will never win in Glasgow. In fact we are struggling to win in Edinurgh at the moment.....

3 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Craig needs to give an honest interview and not come away with any bullshit. 

And for **** sake bench Berra and put Clare on the first bus down south if he wants to improve things. 

Like the one from his last game at park head? Did he learn from it? Maybe next time 

I'm having to reach deep into the well of optimism to find anything positive about that game.  We looked listless almost the entire time.  It even took two bites at the cherry to get a goal from a badly-taken penalty.

But it's in the books so that's that.  Can't wait until next week. C'mon the Hearts.

Just now, Sussexscot said:

Why didn't we buy him or should that have said offer him a contract ?

Not for here. Pop on over to the Shankland megathread for a delightful and civil discussion on the pros/cons of signing him and the conspiracy theories as to why we didn't.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Washington scoring, ruined my score prediction.

Thanks for nothing, Hearts.

Me too, typical of him to stick away the rebound and twist the knife.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly. Players make more unforced errors when they lack confidence and that's what our players are like.

Berra makes mistakes now because his injury ****ed him up for good. The sooner the hard of thinking get this through their skulls the better.

I’m glad all the level headed pragmatic posters that said the real test is our next two games aren’t currently being drowned out by the crayon munchers and mentally institutionalised window lickers amongst our support at this time.

That would be a little mental.

Edited by Jammy T

CloustonHMFC

Pissed off we got beat, like every time, however we didn’t get torn apart at any point in the game, we matched Celtic for most of it and played decent in spells. Need to pull ourselves together and go on a wee run starting with Hamilton next week. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We need another 4 or 5 players in before the window slams shut imo.

Who are you putting your trust in with these signings ?

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, wavydavy said:

Natural Order then Craig.

No question he knows his place when it comes to the Old Firm. A loser's mentality to his very core.

2 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

[Image: EC06wOqXsAAk8AY?format=jpg&name=small]

Hearts meanwhile, are yet to win in the Premiership this season and are without a victory in 10 league games stretching back to last term.

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, ford donald said:

Hearts meanwhile, are yet to win in the Premiership this season and are without a victory in 10 league games stretching back to last term.

2pts out of the last 30 in the league. "A great job"

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It doesn't really matter, but I thought the rules had changed regarding a penalty taker scoring from a rebound, and it wasn't allowed any more? 

Only if it's off the woodwork, I believe.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Mods, can we launch this idiot please. 👍🏻

Not a peep last week. 

Strumming himself Into a frenzy this week. 

Hope takes in a lot fluids in this heat. 

CloustonHMFC
7 minutes ago, Jimbojack said:

Bottom six battle at end of season

£100 to Big Hearts that we don’t end up in the bottom 6. 

The Internet
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Only if it hits the post or bar, but that's not a recent change. Been there for ages. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And the season tickets, hospitality, etc. She will still be the CEO when FOH take over but she will be banking on CL turning things around and finishing no worse than 6th.

If the buck stops with her, then it's her fault we're playing crap football under a manager with no ideas. What an absolute mess, and apart from the mad Vlad era we have our biggest wage bill ever. I just might have to go and have a pint.....

Just now, ford donald said:

And the only 3 victories this clown has so far is against Stenhousemuir, Cowdenbeath and Motherwell, teams whose support you could fit into a bus shelter 

Away up in Gorgie
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Think you’ve got this mixed up with hibs.net. 

Not at all. Any sane Hearts fan would find her comments a complete joke. Sadly for her every time she opens her cake hole in relation to the footballing side of the club she aligns herself more and more with the failure of a manager. That will make this far harder for her when the inevitable happens. 

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We are level going into the last half hour and we go harder 

It doesn’t work your ****ing way FFS. Think before you type.

Again you know fine well it doesn't work like that, but I do fully understand you want to paint a better picture of events. 

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Only if it's off the woodwork, I believe.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Only if it hits the post or bar, but that's not a recent change. Been there for ages. 

There we go then! :thumbsup:

Didn't realise it didn't include saves! 

As poor as we are in Glasgow, you can't honestly expect a result there. If Celtic play well they win, if they do t play well you might have a chance.

Clare need dropped though.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a peep last week. 

Aye, with a bit of luck he'll drown.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a peep last week. 

Hearts win last Friday...Away Up In Gorgie doesn’t post for four days.

Hearts lose...dozens of posts from Away Up In Gorgie

🤔

Not at all. Any sane Hearts fan would find her comments a complete joke. Sadly for her every time she opens her cake hole in relation to the footballing side of the club she aligns herself more and more with the failure of a manager. That will make this far harder for her when the inevitable happens. 

You absolutely love Hearts getting beat, you utter roaster.