*** Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian official match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Just another typical away performance under Levein, totally gutless and clueless 

Ann Budge should be sick to the back teeth of these away performances when she is sitting beside the opposition directors.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Away up in Gorgie

• Sagan

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Wasting your time! The times when this place was good for debate has long gone, it's full of posters shouting at cars. 

We win at Motherwell, half the board go missing, then we lose, unsurprisingly at Celtic Park and the foamers are back. 

If we had lost in Hamilton, Kilmarnock or Easter Road I'd get the rage, but nobody wins at Celtic Park in this league. Using that for another week of 'Levein out' is just a nonsense. 

Anything but a win next week I'll probably be on the side of change, but bot after a defeat against Celtic.

Exactly. Folk are just seething for seethes sake. The same posters on here after a defeat as per to sow their negativity. It’s tiresome. There is zero sense of perspective on here, everything is just reactionary. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

He's been saying the same shit for about 3 years. Always mañana. They still think Levein is a capable manager :rofl:That's the guy who literally no other football club want. 

How would you know that if you only joined in July?

Oh wait, let me guess, long time lurker, right?

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Duly noted there will be posts after the Hamilton game because we'd better beat them.

We better or it could be curtains 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If you’re a big Hibs man, I suppose it is. 🤷‍♂️

Apologies, I didn't mean to come across that I support the post. I meant a belter as in totally ridiculous. 

Like many, I want a new manager but not into that photoshop piss taking.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

11pts out of first 6 games THIS SEASON was your prediction. Impossible to achieve that after 3 games :rofl:

And last season is far far from irrelevant however much you sit that was the case. Ironically the arsehole in charge is probably only stallion a job due to the luck he got in the cup draw LAST SEASON hahaha. 

You are ridiculous. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Celtic's gameplan was to target a substitute?

And both Celtic's goals? They scored 3, the first of which was 100% the fault of Berra and Pereira, the 2nd was a worldie after Damour lost the ball in the middle of the park, and the 3rd came from a cross from Hickey's side.

Ironic they should talk about a glaring lack of understanding about football!

Lennon has some foresight, eh? 

Smith will go off injured at some point, when he does, target his side. 

The commentators are after him it feels, mcinnes, the hibs twat or Wright don't get anywhere near as scrutinised or attacked. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mare chance of him getting stuck to his chair. 

😀

Absolutely no point in going through to Glasgow. I still dont see anything in Sean Clare for us. I still dont understand why Berra isn't dropped. I still dont understand why players aren't up for these games.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

We better or it could be curtains 👍🏻

You aren't far of coming over to the light frankie boy.

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Apologies, I didn't mean to come across that I support the post. I meant a belter as in totally ridiculous. 

Like many, I want a new manager but not into that photoshop piss taking.

Fair enough 👍🏼

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You keep going back to last season. That is irrelevant. 

We’ve had a tough start, we were unlucky at Pittodrie and we were pish at home to Ross County. Anything at Celtic Park today would have been a bonus. 

Clearly Levein is under pressure and rightly so, but we are 3 games into a season, there are 35 games to play, we have a good squad and are more than capable of finishing in the top 3. 

The next run of fixtures are where we will find out what we’re made off.

Again, you’re shooting your load too soon and are clearly desperate to feel justified in your opinion but we won’t find out until May whether you are right or not. Have some level of decorum because at the moment you’re coming across as an utter welt and revelling in each defeat. 

Tough start! Ross County??  What about the first games of the season with the embarrassment of playing the most Mighty Brechin, Dundee Utd and Stenhousemuir in the league cup. Don’t they count! The key words from impartial observers today were poor and disjointed Hearts. Unless of course you believe  everybody is biased against Hearts.

Just now, mitch41 said:

The fact that you see this as taking sides shows how ****ing stupid you are. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

The fact that you see this as taking sides shows how ****ing stupid you are. 🤷‍♂️

Oh dear you'll get banned from this topic for that my friend.

16 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:Aye, whatever. You’re a complete desperado. 

He’s been lining this shite up all week, absolutely desperate for Hearts to lose!

Now CL’s time might be up but taking joy in Hearts losing is just weird for a Hearts fan, a supporter of another team I can understand.

Edited by Rudy T

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Tough start! Ross County??  What about the first games of the season with the embarrassment of playing the most Mighty Brechin, Dundee Utd and Stenhousemuir in the league cup. Don’t they count! The key words from impartial observers today were poor and disjointed Hearts. Unless of course you believe  everybody is biased against Hearts.

Aberdeen and Celtic away is a tough start. You disagree?

We were pish v Ross County, no getting away from that but we played well at Fir Park a week ago last Friday in the League Cup. We qualified from the group, we won our knockout fixture 🤷‍♂️

I didn’t think we were terrible today, I didn’t think we were great either but i’m not going to get my knickers in a twist over a 3-1 defeat at Celtic Park. Anything there was a bonus.

We need to win our next 3 games to get back on track. It’s that simple. 

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh dear you'll get banned from this topic for that my friend.

It isn’t about sides Mitch ffs. If CL doesn’t win our next two home games he should be out the door but until that happens, I don’t see any need for this constant negative shite every single game. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He’s been lining this shite up all week, absolutely desperate for Hearts to lose!

Now CL’s time might be up but taking joy in Hearts losing is just weird for a Hearts fan, a supporter of another team I can understand.

Plenty Americanisms in his post, I don’t think he’s from here or truly gets it tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Absolutely no point in going through to Glasgow. I still dont see anything in Sean Clare for us. I still dont understand why Berra isn't dropped. I still dont understand why players aren't up for these games.

Berra isn't dropped because Souttar is injured. 

The players are up for these games, problem is Celtic's players are too. See the problem. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Celtic's gameplan was to target a substitute?

And both Celtic's goals? They scored 3, the first of which was 100% the fault of Berra and Pereira, the 2nd was a worldie after Damour lost the ball in the middle of the park, and the 3rd came from a cross from Hickey's side.

Ironic they should talk about a glaring lack of understanding about football!

I’d avoid sportscene tonight then bud. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It isn’t about sides Mitch ffs. If CL doesn’t win our next two home games he should be out the door but until that happens, I don’t see any need for this constant negative shite every single game. 

I agree. 

Today's result changes nothing from last week. 

I said he had to win min 2/4 from last week and the two home games, we won that, we should be 3/4 now. 

Do that and we can go forwards confidently. 

That hasn't changed. 

Today's result changes nothing. 

The biggest shitter today is that mistakes cost us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aberdeen and Celtic away is a tough start. You disagree?

No I don’t. We always have an outside chance at Pittodrie but not at Parkhead. However we also played games against Stenhousemuir, Brechin, Dundee United and Ross County. Teams that under RN we would have scored at least five against. Its these results that confirm CL is out his depth. As for AB - she told us CL is not bombproof and other directors were having a go at him. Now apparently he’s doing a great job.

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly. Folk are just seething for seethes sake. The same posters on here after a defeat as per to sow their negativity. It’s tiresome. There is zero sense of perspective on here, everything is just reactionary. 

Reactionary? People aren’t, well am not, reacting biased on 3 games tho. I am not arguing that there isn’t zoomers on both sides of the love him/hate him divide. I base my opinions on the continuation of the poor performances and errors that have costs us for two seasons. Today was an awful performance. A defeat I can take there but the level of performance was way below acceptable. The comments from Levein after the game are embarrassing. He’s either deliberately trying to annoy fans or he hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about. His comments and outlook on how a game has gone should worry everyone. What’s the perspective to be taken from today? Levein has a very big September coming up. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’d avoid sportscene tonight then bud. 

You're probably right, but I have no great desire to watch the highlights of a loss that I've already seen anyway. I wasn't planning to fight for the tv remote tonight. 

But I know what I saw, and what you say they're saying is factually wrong. Only 1 goal came from his side, the Berra own goal, and there's no way their game plan was to target Brandon when he didn't even start!

1 minute ago, Prof said:

No I don’t. We always have an outside chance at Pittodrie but not at Parkhead. However we also played games against Stenhousemuir, Brechin, Dundee United and Ross County. Teams that under RN we would have scored at least five against. Its these results that confirm CL is out his depth. As for AB - she told us CL is not bombproof and other directors were having a go at him. Now apparently he’s doing a great job.

We were unlucky at Pittodrie, we were the better team and stupid individual errors cost us. We should have left there with a point. 

We qualified from that group, we beat Motherwell in the next round, we’ve got Aberdeen at home in the QF, a winnable fixture. Looking back is pointless now.

I don’t think Ann was referring to him as manager, I think she was referring to what he has done so far at Hearts. She’ll move him back upstairs if we don’t win our next two home games. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree. 

Today's result changes nothing from last week. 

I said he had to win min 2/4 from last week and the two home games, we won that, we should be 3/4 now. 

Do that and we can go forwards confidently. 

That hasn't changed. 

Today's result changes nothing. 

The biggest shitter today is that mistakes cost us. 

I agree that today’s result change nothing. I don’t think Levein will be sacked based on the result today. The performance however was a shocker. We need to be unbeaten at home and in a semi by the end of September or it’s curtains. 

joondalupjambo

Six points in next two games and at least a point at Easter Road and he stays.  Any dropped points in next two games and a loss at Easter Road and he will walk before he is pushed.  If not then he might survive another couple of games but AB will have to act.  Shame I am a CL supporter but there comes a point in time when enough is enough.  I hope he gets the results.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You're probably right, but I have no great desire to watch the highlights of a loss that I've already seen anyway. I wasn't planning to fight for the tv remote tonight. 

But I know what I saw, and what you say they're saying is factually wrong. Only 1 goal came from his side, the Berra own goal, and there's no way their game plan was to target Brandon when he didn't even start!

Yeah I won’t be watching either. Although I normally agree with what Mikey Stewart says I can’t stand watching the glee in his face when saying it. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Reactionary? People aren’t, well am not, reacting biased on 3 games tho. I am not arguing that there isn’t zoomers on both sides of the love him/hate him divide. I base my opinions on the continuation of the poor performances and errors that have costs us for two seasons. Today was an awful performance. A defeat I can take there but the level of performance was way below acceptable. The comments from Levein after the game are embarrassing. He’s either deliberately trying to annoy fans or he hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about. His comments and outlook on how a game has gone should worry everyone. What’s the perspective to be taken from today? Levein has a very big September coming up. 

People are most definitely reactionary on here. Maybe you aren’t but there are those that are. 

We weren’t awful today, we weren’t great but we weren’t awful. We played a lot of football in their half but it was a bit miss jointed at times, a bit too safe, too many individual mistakes again. I didn’t think we got things tactically wrong or the lineup wrong though, which has happened in the past and we’ve been slaughtered.

We lost 2 goals from two young full backs giving the crosser too much space and we never closed down quick enough for McGregors goal. Washington missed a sitter, I thought Uche had a penalty claim as well but Celtic are a far stronger side and their quality was the difference. 

I certainly don’t see today’s result as something which should be used to bash the team or the staff over. I’ve seen better Hearts sides play worse than that at Celtic Park. 

The reaction to today’s result would be entirely justified if it happens at home in our next fixtures. Those are games where we should expect a result.

Maybe when our team is settled and we’ve got going, we’ll got to Celtic Park or Ibrox later on in the season and put in stronger performances. 

10 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Six points in next two games and at least a point at Easter Road and he stays.  Any dropped points in next two games and a loss at Easter Road and he will walk before he is pushed.  If not then he might survive another couple of games but AB will have to act.  Shame I am a CL supporter but there comes a point in time when enough is enough.  I hope he gets the results.

That’s where I’m at and I think that’s fair. 

9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

There is a decent squad of players at Hearts now,yet we keep on under performing,can only blame one person.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think the comments from McCann are a bit hypocritical to be honest and I wonder if there is an agenda there given our rumoured interest in him on some form this summer and him not being at the club at this time?

I’m not sure how Dundee played against Celtic when he was manager but I will presume they will have been shite.

Before people started their revisionism today it was generally accepted this was a free shot with no expectation. Ok, so we did what we nearly always do at Celtic Park since I have supported Hearts in the 80s

Nothing has changed I don’t think other than we need to get at least 7 points out of the next 3 games or the pressure will be too much on Budge/Levein -  I genuinely don’t know who would be available and come in and improve things - and I think we’d have caretakers from the current coaches until the end of the season and I just don’t see how that will change things.

My main concerns are:

- I don’t see anything in Perriera - Bobby might actually have saved a couple of their goals today

- Berra is struggling and it does seem to me that if Levein insists he has to play we need Souttar and Halkett on as well to help cover for him but I’d rather Souttar and Halkett were our 2 CBs 

Positives:

- Whelan does seem to have a touch of class about him.

- Irving is growing into his role as a first team player

- Levein was right not to play Naismith today 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

People are most definitely reactionary on here. Maybe you aren’t but there are those that are. 

We weren’t awful today, we weren’t great but we weren’t awful. We played a lot of football in their half but it was a bit miss jointed at times, a bit too safe, too many individual mistakes again. I didn’t think we got things tactically wrong or the lineup wrong though, which has happened in the past and we’ve been slaughtered.

We lost 2 goals from two young full backs giving the crosser too much space and we never closed down quick enough for McGregors goal. Washington missed a sitter, I thought Uche had a penalty claim as well but Celtic are a far stronger side and their quality was the difference. 

I certainly don’t see today’s result as something which should be used to bash the team or the staff over. I’ve seen better Hearts sides play worse than that at Celtic Park. 

The reaction to today’s result would be entirely justified if it happens at home in our next fixtures. Those are games where we should expect a result.

Maybe when our team is settled and we’ve got going, we’ll got to Celtic Park or Ibrox later on in the season and put in stronger performances. 

But how many times under Levein have we said things like “maybe when this, that or the other happens” Referring to a up turn in results. Today was a shocker for me, I didn’t see the game the way you did, am not going to argue any points with you cause that’s football and everyone sees games differently. I will agree that we have to see results in the next two home games. Fail to win either and I think we know what will happen. 

This place is mental, win lose or draw. I know that there are zoomers but like you probably do, I tend to ignore them and try engage with people that seem reasonable and talk sense. There is a 60 page thread about some grass hahaha if that doesn’t sum this place up I don’t know what does. 

Unknown user
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think the comments from McCann are a bit hypocritical to be honest and I wonder if there is an agenda there given our rumoured interest in him on some form this summer and him not being at the club at this time?

I’m not sure how Dundee played against Celtic but I will presume it will have been shite.

Before people started their revisionism today was a free shot with not expectation.

Nothing has changed I don’t think other than we need to get at least 7 points out of the next 3 games.

My main concerns are:

- I don’t see anything in Perriera - Bobby might actually have saved a couple of their goals today

- Berra is struggling and it does seem

to me that if Levein insists he has to play we need Souttar and Halkett on as well to help cover for him but I’d rather Souttar and Halkett were our 2 CBs 

Positives:

- Whelan does seem to have a touch of class about him.

- Irving is growing into his role as a first team player

- Levein was right not to play Naismith today 

Andy's got some nerts on him for a young lad, he's not scared of taking responsibility

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

But how many times under Levein have we said things like “maybe when this, that or the other happens” Referring to a up turn in results. Today was a shocker for me, I didn’t see the game the way you did, am not going to argue any points with you cause that’s football and everyone sees games differently. I will agree that we have to see results in the next two home games. Fail to win either and I think we know what will happen. 

This place is mental, win lose or draw. I know that there are zoomers but like you probably do, I tend to ignore them and try engage with people that seem reasonable and talk sense. There is a 60 page thread about some grass hahaha if that doesn’t sum this place up I don’t know what does. 

Fair enough.

I think it’s pretty reasonable to suggest we’ll improve and the team will get better the more they play together.

CL doesn’t have much time now for it to happen in 3 or 4 games time,  there can be no more bad results against sides we expect results against. It’s a numbers game now so we need to click and start making gains from next week onwards. 

No excuses now. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, ford donald said:

There is a decent squad of players at Hearts now,yet we keep on under performing,can only blame one person.

The squad of players has changed over the summer. 

How can this decent squad of players be underperforming? 

We've played 3 games and progressed in the lc?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Andy's got some nerts on him for a young lad, he's not scared of taking responsibility

Agreed - on the evidence of recent games he is ahead of Cochrane on merit at this time.

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fair enough.

I think it’s pretty reasonable to suggest we’ll improve and the team will get better the more they play together.

CL doesn’t have much time now for it to happen in 3 or 4 games time,  there can be no more bad results against sides we expect results against. It’s a numbers game now so we need to click and start making gains from next week onwards. 

No excuses now. 

Agree. 

I've not seen the game so can't comment on the performance but I read Levein's comments on the official website that says we scored 2 own goals and gifted them another. Seems a bizarre statement since the goals were given to Bayo (2) and McGregor.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I got banned for calling someone stupid that was all I ment.

Spoiler

I thought were 2 offsides I wasn't sure  don't think I can handle listening to Mr Levein

Edited by AJAMBO

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Before the season started I was giving Levein till Christmas to get it right. After the start we’ve made I’m only giving him the first round of fixtures to convince me. Today didn’t convince me either way to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We also topped the group 😂

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Before the season started I was giving Levein till Christmas to get it right. After the start we’ve made I’m only giving him the first round of fixtures to convince me. Today didn’t convince me either way to be honest.

Here is my prediction 

Levein will have such bad period in the next 6 weeks even the most ardent Levein lover will be wanting shot of him. The guy just isn't up to the job.

Fozzyonthefence

I went out for a few drinks this afternoon, checked the score a few times on my phone.  Glad we didn’t lose by 5 or 6 but to be honest, the result barely registered with me and I couldn’t give a shiny shite.  Anyone else feeling this way.  Not just today but every week?

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Progressed the LC!! Absolute cobblers. And Suggest you have a look at the league table. If you turn it upside down you’re right.

heartandsoul
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I went out for a few drinks this afternoon, checked the score a few times on my phone.  Glad we didn’t lose by 5 or 6 but to be honest, the result barely registered with me and I couldn’t give a shiny shite.  Anyone else feeling this way.  Not just today but every week?

Feel exactly the same. Apathy has set in