TheAntiHibee

Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

merrymac
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Footballing ability hasn't been coached out of them yet.

Bit like last season great for first few games when players were new - then ???? injuries aside of course.

Djnoisy

Great debut. Thought he read the game very well and some nice touches. 

Gordon Ramsay

Poor guy will be wishing he stayed in Wales. 

Zlatanable
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Poor guy will be wishing he stayed in Wales. 

Do you think?

stan

Injured himself when taking a corner leading to his substitution. He eventually got to his feet but didn't flex or extend his ankle when getting back into position. Any word on his condition?

Debut 4
14 minutes ago, stan said:

Injured himself when taking a corner leading to his substitution. He eventually got to his feet but didn't flex or extend his ankle when getting back into position. Any word on his condition?

Just cramp mate.  Think he’ll be fine. 

Dannie Boy

Thought he did well today. I’m sure game time will do him the world of good. 

Gashauskis9

He done well today.  Felt for him a bit.  We sign a ball playing midfielder and decide to hoof every ball over his head.  Clueless!!

gnasher75

I thought he looked pretty good on Saturday. Tackled well and used the ball effectively.

The thing that baffled me was why he ended up taking corners and free kicks.  Given the priority given to set pieces in training why was someone who had barely met the squad given that responsibility? 

Smith's right boot
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I thought he looked pretty good on Saturday. Tackled well and used the ball effectively.

The thing that baffled me was why he ended up taking corners and free kicks.  Given the priority given to set pieces in training why was someone who had barely met the squad given that responsibility? 

Fair point. 

Gashauskis9
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Fair point but ironically his corners and free kicks were quite good.

5jambo1

Could tell he lacked a bit of match fitness and sharpness but showed signs he will be a good player for us, looked quite composed on the ball which we have been lacking! 

Barack
17 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Fair point but ironically his corners and free kicks were quite good.

Thought Walker would be a fairly sure thing for them. 

We know he can hit a dead ball. 

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought Walker would be a fairly sure thing for them. 

We know he sometimes managed to hit a dead ball. 

Adjusted.

A_A wehatethehibs

Well he’s not been labelled a dud by the fans yet and that’s him played 1 game, so by Hearts standards he is off to an absolute flyer 

If this guy turns out to be seriously good, it could turn things round very quickly for Levein and Hearts. Hope for the best 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

probably decided himself when he saw how bad our delivery was

Have watched most games this season and Sean Clare has taken most of the free kicks and corners

have yet to see one actually go to one of our players

most of our corners / free kicks end up as starting attacks for the opposition

that cost us the game at Pittodrie

we push Berra Halkett etc in the box and the ball generally goes nowhere near them

read an article recently on Fergie and Jock Stein

Said they talked very little about tactics and formations but tried to boost their player confidence

and get them to play to their strengths and get forward and support each other

that's what we need as the players seem lost just now

BarneyBattles44
Posted (edited)

Loic looked like he was born Destined to play for us n absolute steal the way he gets about the park n slots in as a perfect partner for Haring n Halkett. Not to forget how stylish he looks in our kit. A star is born let him shine . A 10/10 for a lad that has missed out on playing a lot of big time football matches since moving up a league CL EPL. His injury maybe due to lack of game time. Loic's value to us will rise when Haring returns possibly late this month early September. 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Victorian
6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Loic looked like he was born Destined to play for us n absolute steal the way he gets about the park n slots in as a perfect partner for Haring n Halkett. Not to forget how stylish he looks in our kit. A star is born let him shine . A 10/10 for a lad that has missed out on playing a lot of big time football matches since moving up a league CL EPL. His injury maybe due to lack of game time. Loic's value to us will rise when Haring returns possibly late this month early September. 

AND 

BarneyBattles44
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

AND 

I apologize for the drama I mean gramma the stammer . And thanks.

Zlatanable

He might be a Djoum replacement, but he plays very differently. 

He seemed like his passing is more, how can I say this, vertical/up and down not side to side. He took ownership in midfield and sometimes passed back to the keeper early. Just did. I think the team/squad will have to get used to him.

Its a different thing from Djoum. 

I like him him playing for Hearts so far. 

WorldChampions1902

I love this guy. Brilliant signing and he is going to get even better. Great piece of business by the club.

Sagan

Thought's on him so far?

Good test for him today.

Hopefully he'll pass with flying colours.  

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Thought's on him so far?

Good test for him today.

Made a mistake in the lead up  for the Motherwell goal last week, but other than that I thought he looked good.

Herbert

hope he plays well but he looks like he needs a few more games to get up to speed.

GavK1012

I think once he gets upto speed re fitness and tempo we will have a diamond on our hands....seen enough re his awareness and technique against Ross County to show his potential....

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I think once he gets upto speed re fitness and tempo we will have a diamond on our hands....seen enough re his awareness and technique against Ross County to show his potential....

I think so. Looks like an intelligent player but not yet up to speed. 

DC_92

I only saw him against Motherwell. He lost the ball before their goal but other than that, he looked composed and showed some nice touches and passes.

It'll be interesting to see whether he can add a bit more dynamism to his play once he's fully up to speed. 

TheOak88
3 hours ago, Sagan said:

Thought's on him so far?

Good test for him today.

Too early to say, he hasn’t played much football in the past year so will probs take time for him to get up to speed. No point judging him seriously until November time. Based on the limited bits we have seen he looks alright tho. 

Hagar the Horrible

Lost the ball again and its a goal 

Whatever

2 goals cost by him in 2 games.

andrew

He looks like he needs a good few more games to get up to speed.

Gordon Ramsay

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

VALDOS'

There is a reason he was swiftly dropped by Cardiff, he may in time settle but so far looks off it. 

Sagan
Posted (edited)

"hearts have 2 up now, which will be a bit of a handful for the celtic defenders"

Aye, Even us gimps on the internet could of told ye that. 

Bring on Shankland lol. 

Shit, wrong thread haha

Edited by Sagan

Toxteth O'Grady
22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

Not looking promising, is it?

Whatever

Only the 4 years mind 🥴

Early days....

HMFC-chris

shite

adam1998

Brilliant - writing our new guys off already - there are just no words to describe you 😂

Henroddy

not really sure judging a guy on a couple of games after hes played very little football for a year is the way ahead. Whelan didn't score a hat trick today. Hes shite! Get rid!

pettigrewsstylist

If hes not ready then dont play him. Sick of our first 11 being a long term recovery, physio, confidence building class where the first yr of contract is written off by apologists as some kind of free pass for crap.

Sagan
45 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Brilliant - writing our new guys off already - there are just no words to describe you 😂

Levein must go. 

hughesie27

He looked decent against County.

Natural Orders
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

This

Bauld

I always thought I had a grasp of football but I'm starting to think I'm a real amateur. 

These guys who can write a player off after less than 3 games are the true masters.

Cut The Crap
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If hes not ready then dont play him. Sick of our first 11 being a long term recovery, physio, confidence building class where the first yr of contract is written off by apologists as some kind of free pass for crap.

Tend to agree. The model seems wrong. Signing damaged goods we would otherwise have no chance of getting doesn’t seem to be working.

Debut 4
Just now, Bauld said:

I always thought I had a grasp of football but I'm starting to think I'm a real amateur. 

These guys who can write a player off after less than 3 games are the true masters.

Aye.  It’s a mixed bag today. 

Some guys first time at Parkhead playing with others who have had ample time but fail to perform. That’s tough as a new player. 

What strikes me is this guy at least won’t hide. That’s a start going forward or if we have a change in management. It’s something to work with. 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Cut The Crap said:

Tend to agree. The model seems wrong. Signing damaged goods we would otherwise have no chance of getting doesn’t seem to be working.

Its a way of ensuring a ready filled excuse bank is available if reqd. Plenty lapping it up these last 2 yrs so its working.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

is it ok to comment on his performance with the caveat that it's its early days and things could change?

if so - looks poor so far nearly wins every tackle rarely wins any

hopefully he's not match fit

cardboardcutout

Not up to the pace of our game but hopefully will learn fast!!