• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

On 03/09/2019 at 18:35, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ryan Kent isn't worth £7.5 million. They've been had by LFC! :rofl:

Transfermarket had him valued at c £1.6m.  Either Rangers have been taken to the cleaners, or the talk of a £7.5m deal is pish.  

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Transfermarket had him valued at c £1.6m.  Either Rangers have been taken to the cleaners, or the talk of a £7.5m deal is pish.  

Did rangers say they'd paid 2m up front or am I imagining that?

Glamorgan Jambo

No idea like everyone else why they did it but I'd imagine the failure to collect a significant transfer fee for one of their over hyped players will have something to do with this. Unfortunately Traynor's ability to influence what appears on the back pages decreases by 75% for each 50 miles you travel from Glasgow.

More than likely made up story but according Twitter.... 

Liverpool haven't received any payment for Kent yet, and the fact that he played the other day and got injured means Liverpool have contacted UEFA... 

On 03/09/2019 at 17:13, Jambo66 said:

Seems to me that it would make him the most expensive player in the club's history. Flo was signed by a club that died.

Haha. That has cheered me up. Facts can do that to you. %@&$ the good ship Sevco and all that sail in her. (And her bigoted brethren from Darkheid)

On 13/09/2019 at 22:02, Footballfirst said:

Cutting the wage bill after he failed to arrange exits for Morelos and Tavernier.

Mark Allen’s exit has been in the pipe line since the end of last season. Him and Gerrard don’t have a good relationship, something that soured more when Mark Allen was on the park at the full time whistle at the last old firm of last season. Gerrard and Gary Mac didn’t like that. 

Mark Allen has signed every good player Rangers have tho. Gerrards dealings in the transfer market so far have been ganting......Ejira, Barisic, Grezda. Not surprised he’s going. 

Could be about to kick off again down Ibroke way.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-have-big-problems-claims-pundit-as-he-predicts-everything-will-come-out-1-5007011

Radio pundit and former footballer Alan Brazil has claimed there are "big problems" with the owner at Rangers as he insisted fans "wouldn't believe" what was going on.

The talkSPORT presenter, who made his comments while former Gers striker Ally McCoist was in the studio on The Alan Brazil Breakfast Show this morning, said: "You know I won't go into it now, because I can't substantiate it yet, but I am hearing there are still big problems at Rangers at the top.

"Big problems with the owner."

Director of Football Mark Allen departed his role recently, citing family reasons "and other options" for his exit.

He said: "I've loved every minute. Bringing Steven Gerrard to the club will always be a special point in my career and I would like to thank him, his excellent staff, the players and all the staff at Rangers for their support throughout my tenure."

Brazil continued: "Anyway, I am not going to say anymore because someone called me a couple of nights ago - he's a Rangers supporter as well - and he said, "you won't believe what's going on"."

McCoist joked: "Are you trying to spoil my Thursday already?"

Brazil's remarks come as Rangers prepare for their Europa League group opener with Dutch side Feyenoord. He made no other references to any goings-on at Ibrox, instead choosing to say: "It'll all come out in the wash.

Stephen Muddie
6 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Could be about to kick off again down Ibroke way.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-have-big-problems-claims-pundit-as-he-predicts-everything-will-come-out-1-5007011

Radio pundit and former footballer Alan Brazil has claimed there are "big problems" with the owner at Rangers as he insisted fans "wouldn't believe" what was going on.

The talkSPORT presenter, who made his comments while former Gers striker Ally McCoist was in the studio on The Alan Brazil Breakfast Show this morning, said: "You know I won't go into it now, because I can't substantiate it yet, but I am hearing there are still big problems at Rangers at the top.

"Big problems with the owner."

Director of Football Mark Allen departed his role recently, citing family reasons "and other options" for his exit.

He said: "I've loved every minute. Bringing Steven Gerrard to the club will always be a special point in my career and I would like to thank him, his excellent staff, the players and all the staff at Rangers for their support throughout my tenure."

Brazil continued: "Anyway, I am not going to say anymore because someone called me a couple of nights ago - he's a Rangers supporter as well - and he said, "you won't believe what's going on"."

McCoist joked: "Are you trying to spoil my Thursday already?"

Brazil's remarks come as Rangers prepare for their Europa League group opener with Dutch side Feyenoord. He made no other references to any goings-on at Ibrox, instead choosing to say: "It'll all come out in the wash.

:interehjrling:

Probably Brazil talking shite.

That said they probably expected a big fee for Morelos, and didn't expect to have to buy Kent at that price (or at all).

That's probably a 20 million swing in the balance books from where they thought they would be 

They’ve barely paid anything for Kent, the papers have made it out like it’s a multi million pound deal but it’s a fraction of what has been quoted and loads of it is instalments over years and seasons etc. 

The way they are run is not sustainable, that much we know. It is just a case of when (again).

I still think Gerrard will get snapped up by an EPL side at xmas, though that might suit King with compensation paid. Then McCoist will be unveiled.

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Perhaps this is what Brazil was alluding to?

Image may contain: text

From a FB page, and I am in no way claiming this as fact!  Funny if true though!

I'd agree there's a Sports Direct payout coming, when contract breaches come to court you can't go back in time and make things right so it comes down to damages.

The rangers will be due ashley money, and will probably be forced to honour the remainder of the contract if they don't buy it out. 

I can’t take the Fb post seriously when it says they have spent 3yrs UEFA money. Rangers can easily afford to pay off the Kent transfer fees over 2 summers when season ticket money comes in (don’t know the exact figures but think it’s in the region of 2mill each summer).

That aside - I would suggest Close Brothers are more likely to take advantage of Rangers situation with a bigger loan (more expensive loan) secured against the stadium.

Edited by Mysterion

6 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I can’t take the Fb post seriously when it says they have spent 3yrs UEFA money. Rangers can easily afford to pay off the Kent transfer fees over 2 summers when season ticket money comes in (don’t know the exact figures but think it’s in the region of 2mill each summer).

That aside - I would suggest Close Brothers are more likely to take advantage of Rangers situation with a bigger loan (more expensive loan) secured against the stadium.

Rangers have spent fortunes since Gerrard arrived so could easily have overstretched themselves and had to commit to paying for Kent over 3 years. 

Edited by Russ1977

9 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Not sure of sevco’s finances either but I do know they have 43K ST holders, with a waiting list of 10K or thereabouts. Even with a low figure of £300 a head, that’s £13M coming in each summer.

11 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Multiply that by a factor of 10 and you are closer to the mark.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not sure of sevco’s finances either but I do know they have 43K ST holders, with a waiting list of 10K or thereabouts. Even with a low figure of £300 a head, that’s £13M coming in each summer.

13 million that’s instantly swallowed up by costs.

The year to June 2018 their gate receipts and hospitality revenue was 23 million.

Their operating loss was 13 million. 

Just now, gjcc said:

13 million that’s instantly swallowed up by costs.

The year to June 2018 their gate receipts and hospitality revenue was 23 million.

Their operating loss was 13 million. 

Aye, as I said, not sure about their finances but maybe the guy above was meaning £2M after costs. That seems more feasible.

I can't get to the end of that FB post because the writing does my head in.

I wish I had a fish supper for every time I've heard 'it could be about to kick off again' in respect of the New Club since their founding. Every time I hope it's true but it never is. But I never actually give up hoping.

The League Cup is, I suppose, wee money by their profligate standards but I hope your lads do a wee bit of damage in the semi final.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Multiply that by a factor of 10 and you are closer to the mark.

My post was a ref to what they owe Liverpool each summer - around £2mill a time. Probably over 3 summers.

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

More curries sold in Glasgow is about all that will achieve. Had to turn it off, couldn't listen to the platitudes and usual commercial talk. 

Bazzas right boot
On 26/09/2019 at 11:40, Boab said:

Their wage bill is over £26m, I think around £28m 9n last figures. 

No point in making £10b if you pay out £20b.

Money coming in isn't a problem, money going out is, especially when your benchmark spend double you do and receives double. 

Rangers maths is the issue, not the income. 😉

Someone mentioned an operating loss off £13k, how many years can that go on for?

Sodt loans right left and centre as well. 

The European money imo has bailed them out some what. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

53 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

A wee google of the company that owns Bengaluru FC makes an interesting read.

First-Team.jpg?fit=1500%2C800&ssl=1
Owners

JSW Group

A $11 billion conglomerate, the Jindal South West (JSW) Group is a part of the O.P. Jindal Group. JSW has set up business facilities in various core sectors of India with verticals that explore innovative and sustainable avenues in steel, energy, infrastructure and cement.

The JSW Group is committed in its endeavour to pave way for India’s development towards becoming a global superpower in all these sectors and Bengaluru Football Club is one of its biggest pillars in the JSW Sports fold.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Footballfirst

ROLLS BUILDING

COURT 24 Before LIONEL PERSEY QC sitting as a Judge of the High Court

Wednesday 2 October 2019 At 10:30 AM (All Day)

Directions Hearing CL-2018-000726 SDI Retail Services Limited v. The Rangers Football Club limited

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

ROLLS BUILDING

Directions Hearing CL-2018-000726 SDI Retail Services Limited v. The Rangers Football Club limited

Any ideas what this is for ? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

ROLLS BUILDING

🍿

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

A wild guess would be to tell us what the compo is they have to pay Ashley & SDI. But maybe it's even more bad news for them on a completely unrelated subject.🙏

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I'd imagine it's Mike Ashley coming for his cash, and a lot of it too ;) 

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

From the last report by Lionel Persey dated 19 July

Case management and costs budgets
12. A directions hearing shall be listed for one day for the first available date after 23 September 2019.
13. Rangers’ application to amend its Costs Budget is dismissed.

Costs
14. Rangers shall pay SDIR’s costs of and occasioned by the Speedy Trial, to be the subject of detailed assessment if not agreed.
15. Rangers shall make a payment on account to SDIR in respect of those costs of £444,846.60 by 4.00 pm on 16 August 2019.

Appeal
16. Rangers’ application for permission to appeal is dismissed.
17. The period pursuant to CPR 52.12 within which any appellant’s notice concerning the Judgment must be filed with the Court of Appeal shall be extended until 30 August 2019.
18. This order shall be served by SDIR on Rangers.

Footballfirst
55 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

One of the linked stories on that page is the death of Gary Withey, who was Whye's lawyer at Collyer Bristow, Oldco's company secretary and one of Whyte' co accused.

He was only 55.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4784795/gary-withey-craig-whyte-rangers-death/

Edited by Footballfirst

16 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

From the last report by Lionel Persey dated 19 July

Case management and costs budgets
12. A directions hearing shall be listed for one day for the first available date after 23 September 2019.
13. Rangers’ application to amend its Costs Budget is dismissed.

Costs
14. Rangers shall pay SDIR’s costs of and occasioned by the Speedy Trial, to be the subject of detailed assessment if not agreed.
15. Rangers shall make a payment on account to SDIR in respect of those costs of £444,846.60 by 4.00 pm on 16 August 2019.

Appeal
16. Rangers’ application for permission to appeal is dismissed.
17. The period pursuant to CPR 52.12 within which any appellant’s notice concerning the Judgment must be filed with the Court of Appeal shall be extended until 30 August 2019.
18. This order shall be served by SDIR on Rangers.

Hmmm, might well be an interesting day ahead.

Footballfirst

RIFC has just notified Companies House that they have issued another 34,904,703 shares at 20p a share.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC437060/filing-history

That will raise £6.98m.  I don't know if it is new cash or another loan conversion.

I have no idea who has purchased them, but the new shares are over and above the previous loan note conversion.

You might wonder if the new shares have been issued to cover the costs of the SDI settlement.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

The RIFC announcement represents an increase of 16.22% in the previous RIFC share capital with the new shares now representing 13.95% of the total shares issued.

Depending on who has purchased them, it means that others will be diluted further, e.g. Club 1872 held 10.7% just over a year ago, which has been diluted progressively to 5.5% today.

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The RIFC announcement represents an increase of 16.22% in the previous RIFC share capital with the new shares now representing 13.95% of the total shares issued.

Depending on who has purchased them, it means that others will be diluted further, e.g. Club 1872 held 10.7% just over a year ago, which has been diluted progressively to 5.5% today.

Cant imagine Club 1872 will be please with that.

45 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You might wonder if the new shares have been issued to cover the costs of the SDI settlement.

Timing is everything.

The impact on Club1872 should be enough to destroy what is left of its reputation.

49 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A quarter of a billion? Wow that's a serious amount of paper worth very little I would imagine. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought