Jamie Walker

salvo69

3 hours ago, Fraggle said:

I wasn't keen on his return but this is an injury you can't put down to being a crock. Unfortunately fractures happen to even the fittest. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. He was bursting a gut (imo) to make things back up to the fans and win us back over. 

This.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Spoleto

• 1971fozzy

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, farin said:

Jamie had an OP that was botched the last time he was here. Before he came back that was fixed by an other. This present injury was more down to bad luck & one any player could receive in a tackle tbh. 

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Sure theres a jinx on hearts?? No team has received injuries like hearts , 🤔🤔🤔🙈

I've read on here that it's due to the "warm ups" and "warm downs"... :lol:

Of all the injury's Walker could get, stopping a potential goal scoring shot is worth it. Shame he's out for so long, but he put himself on the line, that's all we can ask for.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

If he stays injury free, we are due his best years.  He had what you could call an average start and had already scored a couple.  I love having a member of the Walker family in our side.  He did make a massive mistake with the rangers stuff, but this is his club.  

Well he isn’t at the moment staying injury free.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well he isn’t at the moment staying injury free.

The latest injury was just bad luck.  He had scored a couple of goals before even getting up to speed.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

The latest injury was just bad luck.  He had scored a couple of goals before even getting up to speed.  

Very unfortunate. He was looking like the attacking midfielder we needed. Hopefully Meshino fills that gap.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Very unfortunate. He was looking like the attacking midfielder we needed. Hopefully Meshino fills that gap.

Unless he is unlucky with further injuries, I do think we are going to see the best of him over the next few years.

I don't think any dip in form etc will be down to the previous issues of wanting away.  He's at that age where he probably just wants to enjoy his football again.  

• 3 months later...
RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, whytebeard said:

Does anyone know walkers status.

is he injured or on the Stendel your not doing the business list?

I think he had a tight hammy after the St Johnstone game.

He was happily chatting away to supporters outside the gates to the wheatfield stand after the game yesterday. He looked in good spirits.

Can't see him having a future at Hearts  under Stendel unless he changes his attitude. 

Massive  few weeks for him after he returns from injury , will define his future , the only way is down from Hearts , hopefully he wakes up and smells the coffee It's last chance saloon for him . 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can't see him having a future at Hearts  under Stendel unless he changes his attitude. 

Massive  few weeks for him after he returns from injury , will define his future , the only way is down from Hearts , hopefully he wakes up and smells the coffee It's last chance saloon for him . 

Do we have ITK proof that he has a bad attitude?

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I wouldn't question his attitude since returning. Just needs fitness as has been working hard with limited spark since his return from the fracture.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do we have ITK proof that he has a bad attitude?

Only from my own eyes and his record at Wigan , Can't believe how badly he's regressed since he left us . Got it all to prove , lets hope he's stil got the ability and attitude, if not he's toast . 

Carl Weathers

I had completely written off Henderson and Brandon but they have looked like different players under Stendel (admittedly they only played a couple games each). Hopefully Walker can push on in a similar way.

Edited by Carl Weathers

bigsuperslim1874
59 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Since he has returned i can’t fault his attitude at all and can’t see why folk are hounding him for that. Where he can be criticised is his lack of influence on games - compared to before. Is it due to injuries.....maybe? I tend to hope that it was the ‘Levein’ factor meaning that with Stendel we may see the old Walker. Like everyone else, the slate is clean.

7 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

I’d be disappointed if he was part of the plans. Never liked him. 

Given that you never liked him, I can understand your disappointment if he is.

Nothing wrong with his attitude. He's just a shitty, broken down version of a formerly effective player.

He's a shadow of the player he was. An absolutely absurd signing.

When we were struggling for goals over the last few weeks, would playing a fit Walker as a striker been a bad thing? 

Look at his two goals already this season and you can see he can find the net.  Does anyone think he would get goals if he ever has to stand in striker? 

I think hed be a better forward than Uche.

Maybe he would be fitter and stronger if he put the hours in in training and looked after himself.   Attitude isn't just looking like you're giving it everything during a game.    Attitude is doing the things to enable you to give even more during games.   

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

When we were struggling for goals over the last few weeks, would playing a fit Walker as a striker been a bad thing? 

Look at his two goals already this season and you can see he can find the net.  Does anyone think he would get goals if he ever has to stand in striker? 

I think hed be a better forward than Uche.

Already this season?

Two goals?

Tomorrow is Hogmanay ffs.  

You make it sound like we’re in mid-September.

Captain Canada

He's shown in flashes he's up for it but it always looks like he's struggling fitness-wise. I don't  think he's going to flourish under Stendel but would be delighted to be proved wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Maybe he would be fitter and stronger if he put the hours in in training and looked after himself.   Attitude isn't just looking like you're giving it everything during a game.    Attitude is doing the things to enable you to give even more during games.   

Does he not put the hours in training or looking after himself?

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Already this season?

Two goals?

Considering our top scorer is a centre back with 4 goals, 2 of them being against Stenny in July, Walker seems quite prolific tbf 😂

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Does he not put the hours in training or looking after himself?

Probably not unless he's upped his game on that score.    

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Considering our top scorer is a centre back with 4 goals, 2 of them being against Stenny in July, Walker seems quite prolific tbf 😂

:kirklol:

How true!

Tennant's  6's
8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He's shown in flashes he's up for it but it always looks like he's struggling fitness-wise. I don't  think he's going to flourish under Stendel but would be delighted to be proved wrong. 

Can see him being punted, just doesn't seem suited to a high intensity type of game, like Wighton.

Swap deal for nisbet or plus £ for matty Kennedy would be grand.

41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Already this season?

Two goals?

He got injured and he isn't a forward.  He can put the ball in the net.  Do you think he could play as a striker if ever needed? 

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The biggest myth on kickback. 

Is it? 

Look how the snake behaved trying to engineer his move west. 

Guys attitude stinks. He's not even that good ffs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Is it? 

Look how the snake behaved trying to engineer his move west. 

Guys attitude stinks. He's not even that good ffs. 

Why not give the benefit of the doubt to our player? I think he was badly led on by Rangers - shafted and hung out to dry in fact. They told him how much they wanted him then refused to reflect that in the money they were prepared to pay.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why not give the benefit of the doubt to our player? I think he was badly led on by Rangers - shafted and hung out to dry in fact. They told him how much they wanted him then refused to reflect that in the money they were prepared to pay.

He should've handled it better though.  Still with us while bumming up rangers.  That period is his own fault.  

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

do you know this as fact ? Or just trolling. Looking forward to your detailed response 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And it was up to him to down tools for the last few months with us. Theat game at Motherwell still pisses me off. 

He is an asset when fit and in the mood, he's never going to be particularly fit and was a ridiculous signing given his injuries. 

If I said he'd be injured most of the time if we signed him no one wouldve argued, guys won the lottery getting a contract from us. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

And it was up to him to down tools for the last few months with us. Theat game at Motherwell still pisses me off. 

He is an asset when fit and in the mood, he's never going to be particularly fit and was a ridiculous signing given his injuries. 

If I said he'd be injured most of the time if we signed him no one wouldve argued, guys won the lottery getting a contract from us. 

He started very well before breaking his leg and looked fit. Showed a lot of commitment, started scoring and provided the attacking drive from midfield we'd been missing. Couldn't believe it when he got injured, and the injury was nothing to do with his previous injuries. Lots of players get serious injured and play on after recovering for ages. We really have to stop writing players off so early.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

do you know this as fact ? Or just trolling. Looking forward to your detailed response 

How is it trolling you weirdo?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, H2 said:

I have little doubt had Walker remained fit we'd have scored more goals, and consequently had more points

Ditto Halkett, Washington, Naismith and Haring. Massive losses for different reasons, not just goals.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He started very well before breaking his leg and looked fit. Showed a lot of commitment, started scoring and provided the attacking drive from midfield we'd been missing. Couldn't believe it when he got injured, and the injury was nothing to do with his previous injuries. Lots of players get serious injured and play on after recovering for ages. We really have to stop writing players off so early.

He's injury prone, doesn't really matter what it is this time or if it was related to anything previous. He's a good player but he'll never be fit long enough for us to benefit. Every game he's played he's limped about at some point. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

He's injury prone, doesn't really matter what it is this time or if it was related to anything previous. He's a good player but he'll never be fit long enough for us to benefit. Every game he's played he's limped about at some point. 

Injury prone just means he's had bad luck with injuries up to now. If his main knee injury thing is sorted and he's managed back into playing again properly he could easily go the rest of his career without another major injury. A leg break can happen any time, makes no difference if you've had injuries previously.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ditto Halkett, Washington, Naismith and Haring. Massive losses for different reasons, not just goals.

That's not an unreasonable deduction !!!

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Is he another one that just trains part time?

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

How is it trolling you weirdo?

your calling him out for not putting hours in training or looking after himself ? And attitude ? 
so , ok , maybe not trolling but I’m very curious as to how you arrive at questioning his training and attitude ?

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

your calling him out for not putting hours in training or looking after himself ? And attitude ? 
so , ok , maybe not trolling but I’m very curious as to how you arrive at questioning his training and attitude ?

Maybe because of the way he treated us the last time, he isnt getting the benefit of the doubt until he produces the goods.  It's up to him to prove fans wrong.  

Howdy Doody Jambo

He has got the ability and natural talent but has never been a 90 minute player probably down to his attitude 

His chances and career is running out, he should be playing at his peak and knocking on the Scotland door 

He needs to get stronger, stay fit and show more enthusiasm hopefully he will return to the top of his game under Stendel 

fabienleclerq
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Injury prone just means he's had bad luck with injuries up to now. If his main knee injury thing is sorted and he's managed back into playing again properly he could easily go the rest of his career without another major injury. A leg break can happen any time, makes no difference if you've had injuries previously.

He could but then if you look at the facts you'd probably say it's unlikely.