Jamie Walker

salvo69

Just now, Spoleto said:

"guys like you big up Jamie's ability" ?

That sounds like you disagree with me. And then you agree with pretty much everything I've said. The one exception being our view on injuries. Hearts are an employer and have a duty of care to their employees. You can't rip up players contracts just because they get injured, especially when they get injured on your time.

I neither agree or disagree with you . The guy will get a chance to prove himself when fit .Thats  the bottom line . 

If Jamie continues to be out injured Stendel will try and move him or any other player on , he's basically said as much . Jamie could obviously sit tight and take his wage , he's perfectly entitled to. 

Again if he's firing and contributing in the final third like he needs to be then Stendel would probably be a bit more patient . 

He needs to be back in the team scoring and assisting to have any future at the club , it's that simple . 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Spoleto

• 1971fozzy

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've lost track again on the injury front.  Hardly surprising.  He broke his leg and was out for a few weeks then came back.

Is he injured again?  Surely couldn't have been his turn.

Here's his injury history according to Transfermarkt. They are all fairly serious injuries apart from a knock. 

He was influential in the Championship Season and our first season back up. Just needs a bit of luck and a run of games. Definitely a player in there. 

Jamie Walker.PNG

Edited by Cwapsy

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Exactly, it was a potential goal stopping challenge and he didn't shy away from the commitment.

Hopefully see the Walker of old soon which I think will happen under Stendel.

But need to not depend upon him to be fit for the rest of the season, as he is a higher injury risk player (not including this particular one though).

Professional footballers shouldn't be getting praised for putting in effort, or making tackles, it should be the absolute bare minimum expected of them. The fact folk are bigging up Walker for this highlights how low expectations of him are. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

You know exactly what he means. 

And I agree with him wholeheartedly.

if I knew what he meant I wouldn’t have asked?

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Professional footballers shouldn't be getting praised for putting in effort, or making tackles, it should be the absolute bare minimum expected of them. The fact folk are bigging up Walker for this highlights how low expectations of him are. 

From start to finish that is absolute nonsense. Just my opinion though.

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

You must've been embarrassed we applauded the team off the park on Sunday. You don't cheer when a tasty derby tackle happens? Doesn't sound like you get football to me.

Governor Tarkin
ago, Spoleto said:

From start to finish that is absolute nonsense. Just my opinion though.

^^^^ Black/white, sugar/shite.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

20 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Jamie was a decent player but his knees were knackered when left Hearts and he’s always going to have injury problems. I also don’t think he has the energy required for Stendel’s football.

Agreed. He;s low energy and a crock. He'll get his chance to impress like all the others but I suspect he won't be a major cog.

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who thought that childish rhyming slang could be so much fun. 

It simply reinforces what I previously thought.

Happy new year when it comes and I hope you had a fantastic xmas   

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who thought that childish rhyming slang could be so much fun. 

It simply reinforces what I previously thought.

It's not the rhyming slander we are laughing at.  

Edited by FruitJuice

46 minutes ago, kila said:

You must've been embarrassed we applauded the team off the park on Sunday. You don't cheer when a tasty derby tackle happens? Doesn't sound like you get football to me.

We're 5 points adrift at the bottom, soft as shit, and people are getting aerated because Jamie Walker tackled someone in August. Maybe you're right, maybe I don't get football.😉

I think we will see the best of Jamie with Stendel bringing a more positive style of football.

Walker has already gone past a lot of players rated very highly in the Hearts goalscoring lists and is not so far off getting towards the elite (another 15 goals takes him past Mickey Cameron into our top 30 scorers ever).

Parttimer1874
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

He’s thick as ****. Can barely string a sentence together. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s at Raith in 12 months. Won’t play for a bigger or better club than Hearts. 

I used to get laughed at for suggesting he wouldn’t play for a bigger club than Hearts. He was hugely overrated, went missing in plenty of matches and his attitude seemed more suited to being at Hibs - very much in the Riordan mould. 

I don't think his ability is the major issue, it's his injury record and attitude. This has been going on for three years now. However, even from when he was a teenager, his demeanour has given me the impression that he doesn't enjoy playing football. Will Stendel see the drive he demands?

Walker will be given the same courtesy from Stendel as the rest. Since Stendel has been here there have been improvements in Clare and Bozanic. Never thought i'd say that! He is slowly working out who's up for it and who's not. Clare and Bozanic seem to be, as does Irving. Mulraney and Whelan appear not to be. Wanted Dikamona to get a chance and did nothing much wrong against Aberdeen. He will give Washington and Garruccio every chance now they're back and also Walker, Naismith, Haring and Morrison. The more we get back in the squad the better so we don't end up over-spending in January. Someone said a new goalie should be in, yes, probably. But the problem is getting the ball in the net at the moment. If we're playing a high press game then the tactics will be more all-out attack and playing a little bit higher up the pitch taking the pressure of the defence and goalkeeper. We'll have to prioritise. Still think we'll need a solid defender in alongside Dikamona, an attacker from midfield and (if Garruccio stays fit) we'll have him, Hickey and White vying for that place at the moment. A striker is a must, maybe two! Uche, although the perfect type for a big-guy battle against the likes of Aberdeen, won't get too many. Washington we've still to see the best of, McLean has never been prolific and is too old anyway and Keena has yet to show anything for me. This situation leaves us with an unpredictable Naismith (in the sense of his availability) and not a lot else. Wouldn't harm us to bring Lafferty back, even until the end of the season. I believe his contract runs out today so wouldn't cost the earth.

15 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

He got injured and he isn't a forward.  He can put the ball in the net.  Do you think he could play as a striker if ever needed? 

Yes I do, as a matter of fact.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes I do, as a matter of fact.

His goal at pittodrie showed that he knows how to find the net.  Get him in the box and I think he would get more goals than Uche   no really saying much though...

Just now, FruitJuice said:

His goal at pittodrie showed that he knows how to find the net.  Get him in the box and I think he would get more goals than Uche   no really saying much though...

I could probably score more goals than Uche!  

Sorry to read about your wee dog, btw.  Pretty touching posts from you.  

Jamie can play in a high energy high press team. Look at the home Rangers game under Cathro where we played that way and Jamie was outstsnding. Needs to make sure he has the required level of fitness to do it. Hopefully this winter break will give him a chance to get fitter.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Walker will be given the same courtesy from Stendel as the rest. Since Stendel has been here there have been improvements in Clare and Bozanic. Never thought i'd say that! He is slowly working out who's up for it and who's not. Clare and Bozanic seem to be, as does Irving. Mulraney and Whelan appear not to be. Wanted Dikamona to get a chance and did nothing much wrong against Aberdeen. He will give Washington and Garruccio every chance now they're back and also Walker, Naismith, Haring and Morrison. The more we get back in the squad the better so we don't end up over-spending in January. Someone said a new goalie should be in, yes, probably. But the problem is getting the ball in the net at the moment. If we're playing a high press game then the tactics will be more all-out attack and playing a little bit higher up the pitch taking the pressure of the defence and goalkeeper. We'll have to prioritise. Still think we'll need a solid defender in alongside Dikamona, an attacker from midfield and (if Garruccio stays fit) we'll have him, Hickey and White vying for that place at the moment. A striker is a must, maybe two! Uche, although the perfect type for a big-guy battle against the likes of Aberdeen, won't get too many. Washington we've still to see the best of, McLean has never been prolific and is too old anyway and Keena has yet to show anything for me. This situation leaves us with an unpredictable Naismith (in the sense of his availability) and not a lot else. Wouldn't harm us to bring Lafferty back, even until the end of the season. I believe his contract runs out today so wouldn't cost the earth.

Was going to commend your post then you have to go and ruin it all

14 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

That's ok, it's only there to be read the same as the others.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Your last couple of sentences ruined what was a decent post.

With the exception of Robbo, bringing back players on sentiment rarely works.  Lafferty is unwanted baggage who would be unlikely to put in a shift.  Not a player for a relegation struggle.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Jamie can play in a high energy high press team. Look at the home Rangers game under Cathro where we played that way and Jamie was outstsnding. Needs to make sure he has the required level of fitness to do it. Hopefully this winter break will give him a chance to get fitter.

That whole team was built around Walker and he played well as a result.

I see Walker as a player who can only play one position CAM and needs the rest of the players to cover his defensive duties.

With Naismith and Meshino playing the same position I don’t think it’s worth building the team round Walker.

Someone who could not make it with the more sedate pace

in the lower echelons of English football was always going to struggle with the pace in Scotland.

Levein brought him back to be a No 10 but has not worked.

22 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Your last couple of sentences ruined what was a decent post.

With the exception of Robbo, bringing back players on sentiment rarely works.  Lafferty is unwanted baggage who would be unlikely to put in a shift.  Not a player for a relegation struggle.

True, it doesn't always work. McCann springs to mind so you're right in that but, he got a very bad injury against Rangers to which there was never a full recovery. Time will tell similarly with Jamie Walker. But sometimes it does. You mention Robbo so no need for me to, but bringing back Colquhoun, McPherson, Webster and Skacel did work. Even Stevenson. Like I say, it's not an ideal situation to bring the likes of Lafferty back, I know that but under the circumstances, we can't afford to just ignore that he could be available now that his contract has run down. He did score 19 goals in one season in a pretty poor team with a static midfield and with the manager changing the style we play he might be suited to Stendel's game more than we think, especially if there are younger players or should I say,  more mobile players doing the donkey work. The only good thing about McPhee still being there is his connections with Lafferty's Northern Ireland. We could regret his availability if he ends up signing for one of our rivals (if he wants back to come back to Scotland) and they end up helping to put us down to the Championship. I'd rather take that risk than the other.

Edited by jambonian

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Another quality post from you GT. 

Well done.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Like the hat, by the way.  :thumbsup: 

The compliments just keep on coming. :)

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Jamie knows he's in the last chance saloon. I suspect we'll see a fit and rejuvenated Jamie Walker after the winter break.

Gonna buck the trend and say he’ll do ok, at least for a while, until he gets injured again. He’s got goals in him and whether that’s from the bench or the starting line up he’ll find the net a few times.

25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The compliments just keep on coming. :)

We need more compliments on here, btw.  ❤️

If Jamie Walker can’t handle full time football he should get a doctors certificate and Hearts can put in an insurance claim that protects the club and player.

Walker has frustrated me in the past, but the main thing Stendel has shown is that he's giving everyone a clean sleet. So time will tell. always been a player there, up to him to prove it. Regardless of injuries he can still be an asset to the squad. 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If Jamie Walker can’t handle full time football he should get a doctors certificate and Hearts can put in an insurance claim that protects the club and player.

Surely that goes for all players at the club ?

RustyRightPeg

Saw glimpses of his work ethic in the St Johnstone game, he flew into a few tackled early doors to get us going. I think he'll buy into the regime and get his head down.

hopefully Stendel can get the best out of Walker. On his day he can be a match winner and we need as many of those types as possible. I’d like to see him and Naismith get a run of games together as I can see them linking up really well. 

It's a bit of a myth that former players returning to Hearts don't do well second time round. As well as Robbo you can add Webster, Skacel and Stevenson who all played just as well on their return. I can only really think of Neil McCann who didn't shine second time round. Maybe there are more, but can't think of any at the moment.

grumpyespana
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 16:16, johnthomas said:

Lol I was going to say the same and we both know who he is talking about.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Saw glimpses of his work ethic in the St Johnstone game, he flew into a few tackled early doors to get us going. I think he'll buy into the regime and get his head down.

I think this too but he will struggle for starts, which may suit him better coming on from the bench as I dont think he has the engine to play 90 minutes of stendel football

On 31/12/2019 at 10:49, Spoleto said:

Hearts are an employer and have a duty of care to their employees. You can't rip up players contracts just because they get injured, especially when they get injured on your time.

Only quoting Spoleto as I can't be ersed to write it meself...but does anyone know if we can insure players against injury?

If Stendel can coach him and Jamie wants to show his best then he could finally become the player we all thought he could be. We’ll see.