Jamie Walker

salvo69

Just now, BarneyBattles44 said:

Sorry for the GTF

Yes normal is great

Your last post makes sense of your opinion thanks

Im also aware of his current issues

CG is akin to the tin man he needs to playing week in n out or his knees free up

Thanks hope you accept 

I'm sorry

No problem. Emotions are typically high after a defeat. Hopefully we can string a few wins together soon and have happier dicussions.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Spoleto

• 1971fozzy

• BarneyBattles44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BarneyBattles44

Thanks for a second chance

Defeat is harder when you don't play.

Trust Me

That's going to happen

No way will RC try a sheepshagger on us.

We expect a high octane flow from them

I'm here if need a discution now n then

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

File under Skacel & Lafferty. Quite often do nothing for 89 mins. That one minute of magic wins you games.

This. He's usually on the end of some rough treatment though.

You can see it progressively wearing him down as games go on.

In days gone by he'd have been backed up by a midfield hatchet man who'd mete out retribution upon anyone who put the reducer on him.

A practice which is sadly discouraged in the modern game.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe watch the games on Hearts World and make up your own mind instead of relying upon the subjective slavers of the JKB community?

For those writing off Clare, Wighton and every other misfiring youngster - check out this young players previous scoring record!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Cosgrove

When they said ‘patience is a virtue’, they couldn’t have said it any better.

Approaching 71 years of age, I certainly won't be up at 2.00am watching Hearts.  The CWC almost did for me in terms of late nights and early mornings.

As far as slavers are concerned, some may consider you and I to be that.  I make no such judgement.  Just because the odd one like Hartley and Cosgrove come right absolutely doesn't mean that they all will.

I would speculate that Clare and Bozanic will be distant memories in 12 months time but would love to be proven wrong.  In the meantime i certainly wouldn't persist with them if there was sign of significant improvement.

Cruyff Turn

When this team, lead from the front by Naisy, comes together, we’ll be a very good side and Jamie Walker will be a key part of that.

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think we’re crying out for a 4-2-3-1 with the current squad. Uche is the 1,

creating chaos and space for the 3 behind. The 3 are Walker, Naismith and either Mulraney or Washington. The 2 is the issue. Get in a Whelan or Ledley and we’d have a brilliant squad. 

Dreamland, but add Gordon, Whelan and Lafferty and we’d be challenging for 3rd and the Cups. 

From what I know about the Lafferty situation, it’s not even on the table but I agree I’d love him back. 

Gordon is a no brainer if available. Bobby isn’t bad, he’s just not good enough. 

If we change shape, I’ve been screaming out for 4231, I’d happily take Whelan and Haring sitting. 

Uche doesn't get in any of my sides, can’t stand him as a player. That’s an argument for another day tho. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

From what I know about the Lafferty situation, it’s not even on the table but I agree I’d love him back. 

Gordon is a no brainer if available. Bobby isn’t bad, he’s just not good enough. 

If we change shape, I’ve been screaming out for 4231, I’d happily take Whelan and Haring sitting. 

Uche doesn't get in any of my sides, can’t stand him as a player. That’s an argument for another day tho. 

Easy enough to have Washington as the 1 and (Mulraney - Naismith - Walker), in behind as the attacking 3. If you then had (Whelan - Haring) as the defensive 2, that would be some team!

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Approaching 71 years of age, I certainly won't be up at 2.00am watching Hearts.  The CWC almost did for me in terms of late nights and early mornings.

As far as slavers are concerned, some may consider you and I to be that.  I make no such judgement.  Just because the odd one like Hartley and Cosgrove come right absolutely doesn't mean that they all will.

I would speculate that Clare and Bozanic will be distant memories in 12 months time but would love to be proven wrong.  In the meantime i certainly wouldn't persist with them if there was sign of significant improvement.

Bozanic is 30 years old with 1 year left on his contract. Clare is 22 years old with 2 years left. They aren’t comparable players. Bozanic will definitely be gone. Clare I believe is one of best footballers at the club. He just needs to take a hold of games a bit more. I think having an actual defensive midfielder in beside him will make a massive difference.

As for getting up for cricket but not for Hearts, i’m saying nothing! You’ll be able to enjoy the Motherwell League Cup game though, that will be a 6.45am kick off over your side. Nice way to start the day (hopefully).

55 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Easy enough to have Washington as the 1 and (Mulraney - Naismith - Walker), in behind as the attacking 3. If you then had (Whelan - Haring) as the defensive 2, that would be some team!

We have some team as it is, well a team that should be performing better but I think we all know that. Whelan in a sitting two with 3 in front is exactly what we need. Think it’ll even help Clare. 

58 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Bozanic is 30 years old with 1 year left on his contract. Clare is 22 years old with 2 years left. They aren’t comparable players. Bozanic will definitely be gone. Clare I believe is one of best footballers at the club. He just needs to take a hold of games a bit more. I think having an actual defensive midfielder in beside him will make a massive difference.

As for getting up for cricket but not for Hearts, i’m saying nothing! You’ll be able to enjoy the Motherwell League Cup game though, that will be a 6.45am kick off over your side. Nice way to start the day (hopefully).

My passion for Hearts is total.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

We have some team as it is, well a team that should be performing better but I think we all know that. Whelan in a sitting two with 3 in front is exactly what we need. Think it’ll even help Clare. 

Would you have Sean Clare in the 2 or the attacking 3? I think in the 2 with Haring or Whelan sitting beside him could be ideal. He can take the ball and carry it forward, linking the defence and midfield. The Souttar injury will likely kill the idea of a back three for the present time. Hopefully a 4-2-3-1 on Saturday with a new centre mid and Aidy White making an appearance as our left back. 

Zlamal 

Smith Halkett Berra White 

Clare    (NEW)

Walker   Naismith    Mulraney 

Uche 

Uche or Washington are both good options for the attacking 1. I would start Uche and give Washington the last 30 mins, when he can exploit a tiring Ross County defence with his pace. If Naismith can only manage 60 mins, we could move Walker into the middle and bring on Anthony McDonald to play the wide right of the 3. 

Looking at that team, assuming we add a quality centre mid, the goalkeeper would be the next position to be upgraded. Perhaps next summer when Doyle's contract has expired? I also think we might need another centre back if Souttar is out for a few months, as has been suggested. We do have a lot of quality players, time for them to gel and get us winning games.

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would you have Sean Clare in the 2 or the attacking 3? I think in the 2 with Haring or Whelan sitting beside him could be ideal. He can take the ball and carry it forward, linking the defence and midfield. The Souttar injury will likely kill the idea of a back three for the present time. Hopefully a 4-2-3-1 on Saturday with a new centre mid and Aidy White making an appearance as our left back. 

Zlamal 

Clare    (NEW)

Uche 

Uche or Washington are both good options for the attacking 1. I would start Uche and give Washington the last 30 mins, when he can exploit a tiring Ross County defence with his pace. If Naismith can only manage 60 mins, we could move Walker into the middle and bring on Anthony McDonald to play the wide right of the 3. 

Looking at that team, assuming we add a quality centre mid, the goalkeeper would be the next position to be upgraded. Perhaps next summer when Doyle's contract has expired? I also think we might need another centre back if Souttar is out for a few months, as has been suggested. We do have a lot of quality players, time for them to gel and get us winning games.

Yeah I’d have Clare in the 2 with someone who can protect the ball and give him the ball. Clare was tasked with trying to win the ball back yesterday and that’s not his game. Whelan would help him get the ball, facing the county goal as opposed to winning the ball back and facing his own goal. 

Agree with Uche or Washington but I’d favour Washington purely cause he links better than Uche, although Uche played a great pass to walker. Think we’ve seen in flashes that Washington and Walker could have a great understanding, add Naismith into that mix and it could be deadly. Uche come on off the bench and hopefully get a goal when the county legs have tired. 

We need a keeper. It’ll settle the defence as well knowing they have someone steady behind them. 

Absolute Scenes

Personally, I'm delighted we have Walker back, and delighted he's got 2 goals so far. More than he got in his entire time in England I think? Shows that some players are just suited to certain clubs. I've seen a few comments regarding him being anonymous - difference is though, if you're anonymous and come up with a goal, you've still made an impact in the match. Hope he kicks on, and you could see how much that goal meant to him yesterday, hearing the fans singing his name.

ford donald
49 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Personally, I'm delighted we have Walker back, and delighted he's got 2 goals so far. More than he got in his entire time in England I think? Shows that some players are just suited to certain clubs. I've seen a few comments regarding him being anonymous - difference is though, if you're anonymous and come up with a goal, you've still made an impact in the match. Hope he kicks on, and you could see how much that goal meant to him yesterday, hearing the fans singing his name.

He will get better with more games,he has the quality,which we are lacking.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Zlamal 

Clare    (NEW)

Uche 

I agree with some of what you are saying. I thought McDonald was the one bright light in a very dreary Bet Fred cup campaign but he wasn't involved yesterday. I am not buying this he is only 18 nonsense we keep hearing and in the same breath people saying Hickey is a talent. McDonald creates chances that gets goals that wins games. I have watched Mulraney in the pre season and other than the 2 crosses in the Stennie game he has been poor. Lets not forget that in that game we had thrown a CB into the box so we were just launching and hoping really.

Walker has had a low key start to his 2nd spell, yesterday did very little but scored...is that enough over 90 mins from one of your influential players...Clare was what he has been since he came in, not convincing and was lucky to stay on the park as was Uche. 

Until Naismith and Washington came on there was no attacking threat other than a free kick\corner...as soon as players come on who have good movement then Hearts start playing football, why the change of style then, bearing in mind Walker\Mulraney not going to win you a header, and Uche wants to wrestle more than anything else...

could it be a 4-1-4-1....play Whelan(if he signs) behind Walker\Naismith with Mcdonald\Mulraney wide and Washington up front and if we need to change styles then bring Uche on.....a very attack minded team with lots of options and a bit of bite in the middle with Naisy\Whelan....

Great to see Walker back and scoring. With Naismith coming back it will take the pressure off Walker a bit and he could quietly go about having a great season.

He was a stand out in our Championship season and first season back. Great to have a goalscoring midfielder back in the team. 

He's night and day compared to the contribution of Olly Lee for example. Lee managed 3 league goals and a few assists. Walker off the mark already and is surely an improvement on Lee.

• 1 month later...

Just bumped into Jamie and family enjoying day in the sun, his lad splendidly adorning the black strip with daddy on the back, just saying likesay. Jamie wearing big protection boot

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

As you would expect from a Walker. Hope he’s back sooner rather than later. 

Absolutely Barney

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Quality that we’ve signed a crock who was obviously a crock

Yup, I know, those reoccurring injuries of....fractured leg

loveofthegame
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The audacity to make a potentially goal saving challenge 

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Was a freak injury. He did great to track back and intercept the ball. 

He's been doing a fair bit of that since he came back, credit where it's due. 

Jambo, Goodbye
6 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

The audacity to make a potentially goal saving challenge 

It's utterly depressing that this actually needs explained...

8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t particularly like the guy, but that’s a ludicrous post. :rofl:

10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only crock here is the crock of shit you've posted!

36 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Nailed on clarey lover!!

Classic JKB-

Thread about one player who is not universally liked by the support dragged on to another player who is not universally liked, in an effort to stick up for the first player.

17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Classic JKB-

Thread about one player who is not universally liked by the support dragged on to another player who is not universally liked, in an effort to stick up for the first player.

A shite post answered by a shite post what’s the issue Mothy you’ve been doing it for years!!!

10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Booted in the leg. Freak injury. Hardly a crock. 

Jamie's knee problems are a thing of the past after his latest surgery.

fabienleclerq

It might not be a popular opinion but when we signed walker my first thought was how long is he gonna stay fit. He wasn't in the best shape when he left and hadn't played many games since.

His injury was obviously an impact one and unfortunate but in every other game he's been limping at some point. 

29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

A shite post answered by a shite post what’s the issue Mothy you’ve been doing it for years!!!

I agree the DtD's post was shite. Just bewildering that you felt the need to bring Sean Clare in to it.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

17 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

It might not be a popular opinion but when we signed walker my first thought was how long is he gonna stay fit. He wasn't in the best shape when he left and hadn't played many games since.

His injury was obviously an impact one and unfortunate but in every other game he's been limping at some point. 

Signing players with the injury record of Walker and Naismith is a punt.

The bottom line is if they didn't have a history of injuries they'd probably both be playing somewhere else.

It's all about opinions but I'd rather take a risk than sign mediocre rubbish like we did last season. 

The market we're in most of our signings have a bigger degree of risk than what we would all like.

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree the DtD's post was shite. Just bewildering that you felt the need to bring Sean Clare in to it.

Think you know why, anyway we move on

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, I know, those reoccurring injuries of....fractured leg

Aye Jamie is forever breaking those fekkin legs of his.

18 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just bumped into Jamie and family enjoying day in the sun, his lad splendidly adorning the black strip with daddy on the back, just saying likesay. Jamie wearing big protection boot

Let’s hope Jamie makes a speedy recovery. Walker and Naismith fully fit and playing together is mouthwatering.

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Signing players with the injury record of Walker and Naismith is a punt.

The bottom line is if they didn't have a history of injuries they'd probably both be playing somewhere else.

It's all about opinions but I'd rather take a risk than sign mediocre rubbish like we did last season. 

The market we're in most of our signings have a bigger degree of risk than what we would all like.

Sadly, that is exactly where we are just now. Unless Fringe and Tasch Chuckle wake up one morning and find themselves competent and motivated to do their jobs properly, then that is the market we are likely to stay in for the foreseeable too.

The globalisation of football over the last 20/25 years has been brutal for us. Back in the mid nineties we were able to pick up players from Metz, Atalanta and Lecce on Bosmans. Now that would be next to impossible due to every single player at every single age group in the western world and beyond having all their stats logged and recorded on databases, and agents legalising tapping up as just the norm. If we went for an Adam or Salvatori nowadays, we would not be able to land them due to their agent hawking them around other clubs that can pay considerably more than us. Instead, we have to rummage around in the 'punt bin' and hope that one in three is a success. :(

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Booted in the leg. Freak injury. Hardly a crock. 

Jamie's knee problems are a thing of the past after his latest surgery.

There is no denying the latest injury was a freak occurance. However, it will take a lot of convincing over the next year or so if he is truly over his injury problems both physically and mentally. Some players are just made of glass.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sadly, that is exactly where we are just now. Unless Fringe and Tasch Chuckle wake up one morning and find themselves competent and motivated to do their jobs properly, then that is the market we are likely to stay in for the foreseeable too.

The globalisation of football over the last 20/25 years has been brutal for us. Back in the mid nineties we were able to pick up players from Metz, Atalanta and Lecce on Bosmans. Now that would be next to impossible due to every single player at every single age group in the western world and beyond having all their stats logged and recorded on databases, and agents legalising tapping up as just the norm. If we went for an Adam or Salvatori nowadays, we would not be able to land them due to their agent hawking them around other clubs that can pay considerably more than us. Instead, we have to rummage around in the 'punt bin' and hope that one in three is a success. :(

Good post and all the more reason to make the Academy  a big success. It's the only way we can up the quality on the park either by playing Academy players or selling for decent amounts, giving us more clout in the transfer market.

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is no denying the latest injury was a freak occurance. However, it will take a lot of convincing over the next year or so if he is truly over his injury problems both physically and mentally. Some players are just made of glass.

I'm not a fan, but sadly for him, he was starting to look like a proper player again before the freak injury. The fact he picked the injury up whilst putting his body on the line means (for me at least) he doesn't deserve criticism this season, so far.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post and all the more reason to make the Academy  a big success. It's the only way we can up the quality on the park either by playing Academy players or selling for decent amounts, giving us more clout in the transfer market.

It's looking like the only route available to us, outside of the punt bin. That has its own issues too though, and again they stem from the impoverished state of our game compared to other neighbouring leagues. We often can't keep the good kids long enough for them to make an impact in our first team, again due to the fact we can't compete with wages elsewhere. We need more cash in Scottish football - outside of the two biggest teams.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

I wasn't keen on his return but this is an injury you can't put down to being a crock. Unfortunately fractures happen to even the fittest. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. He was bursting a gut (imo) to make things back up to the fans and win us back over. 

If he stays injury free, we are due his best years.  He had what you could call an average start and had already scored a couple.  I love having a member of the Walker family in our side.  He did make a massive mistake with the rangers stuff, but this is his club.  

1 hour ago, farin said:

Jamie had an OP that was botched the last time he was here. Before he came back that was fixed by an other. This present injury was more down to bad luck & one any player could receive in a tackle tbh. 

Sure theres a jinx on hearts?? No team has received injuries like hearts , 🤔🤔🤔🙈