Jamie Walker

salvo69

Desperate to get back to Scotland after failing at Wigan & Peterborough.

Levein was the only one daft enough to give him a contract.  Jamie's lucky day.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Spoleto

• 1971fozzy

• BarneyBattles44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another nonsense thread with posters bumping their gums pretending they know what they're talking about whilst really just looking to have a go at another Hearts player.

Carry on children.

What a mean spirited bunch we are towards our own players sometimes! The boy got injured after tracking back and trying to prevent a goal - Fraser ****ing Aird's had more benefit of the doubt on here today ffs. 

57 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe because of the way he treated us the last time, he isnt getting the benefit of the doubt until he produces the goods.  It's up to him to prove fans wrong.  

maybe just get behind the lad. Unless of course there is proof as per my reply.

we are in the shit, so unless there is proof as per my reply then I do not see how this helps ? It’s a time to galvanise our support and players. But as I say I await his reply / source

26 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Another nonsense thread with posters bumping their gums pretending they know what they're talking about whilst really just looking to have a go at another Hearts player.

Carry on children.

100% well said

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe because of the way he treated us the last time, he isnt getting the benefit of the doubt until he produces the goods.  It's up to him to prove fans 

Nice

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Nice

Wasn't that the way with Webster when he signed for us again?  Wasn't universally welcomed back but performances won the fans over.  If walker is having a few bad games, the fans who lost a bit of trust in him will maybe think it's him.not trying again.  Not saying that he wouldn't be trying but after how it ended the last time and the accusations of giving up, some fans might think the same.  A few good performances when he comes back will dispel this. 

47 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Carry on children.

While you just seem to be looking to have another go at supporters...

I've lost track again on the injury front.  Hardly surprising.  He broke his leg and was out for a few weeks then came back.

Is he injured again?  Surely couldn't have been his turn.

14 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

While you just seem to be looking to have another go at supporters...

how is he ? Don’t you want to back players ? The lads injured ffs. But steam in though eh. Broke his leg tackling and yet gets a hard time ffs. Unbelievable 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

how is he ? Don’t you want to back players ? The lads injured ffs. But steam in though eh. Broke his leg tackling and yet gets a hard time ffs. Unbelievable 

We're just discussing the situation with him.  I know how he broke his leg.  Do you fancy posting a list of the things we are allowed to talk about?  Once you do, is it alright if I print a few off and put them up in pubs near tynecastle so fans know that would they are talking about isn't going to affect that days game?  

Have you never criticised a player on here? 

Edited by FruitJuice

Just now, FruitJuice said:

We're just discussing the situation with him.  I know how he broke his leg.  Do you fancy posting a list of the things we are allowed to talk about?  Once you do, is it alright if I print a few off and out them up in pubs near tynecastle so fans know that would they are talking about isn't going to affect that days game?  

Have you never criticised a player on here? 

the reply I gave was to someone questioning his attitude and training ethic. I simply asked for proof as to why they would say that when he is out injured. Can you elaborate perhaps ?

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe because of the way he treated us the last time, he isnt getting the benefit of the doubt until he produces the goods.  It's up to him to prove fans wrong.  

actually there you have it. You have a problem with how he left us and also want him to produce the goods when he’s not able to (due to a broken leg and subsequent injury). Hard for the lad to do that when he’s not on the pitch due to said injuries. Maybe you should wait until he’s fit and playing before judge

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the reply I gave was to someone questioning his attitude and training ethic. I simply asked for proof as to why they would say that when he is out injured. Can you elaborate perhaps ?

I know why he is out  how can I elaborate on someone else's comment?

I was just pointing out what he'll have to do to convince some of those who aren't convinced that him signing again.

Have you ever criticised a player on here?  

Just now, FruitJuice said:

I know why he is out  how can I elaborate on someone else's comment?

I was just pointing out what he'll have to do to convince some of those who aren't convinced that him signing again.

Have you ever criticised a player on here?  

yes I have criticised a player. But when they are fit, playing regularly and not trying.

Walker has hardly played due to injury. But crack on criticising him when he’s not on the pitch 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

actually there you have it. You have a problem with how he left us and also want him to produce the goods when he’s not able to (due to a broken leg and subsequent injury). Hard for the lad to do that when he’s not on the pitch due to said injuries. Maybe you should wait until he’s fit and playing before judge

I'm not judging him for being out, I was pointing out what he has to do to convince the doubters because of how he left.  

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

yes I have criticised a player. But when they are fit, playing regularly and not trying.

Walker has hardly played due to injury. But crack on criticising him when he’s not on the pitch 

Wtf are you on about?  Where have I criticised him for being injured?  In a previous post on here I said that because of how things have been since he left that we might get the best out of him due to his age and getting back to playing here.  

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm not judging him for being out, I was pointing out what he has to do to convince the doubters because of how he left.  

Ok , I’ll leave it. I just feel that he’s still to get his career started her since returning. He’d been playing well since coming back then had his leg break. Now some having a go at him and he’s not even back properly. 
apologies to you if I got the wrong end of what you were saying

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ok , I’ll leave it. I just feel that he’s still to get his career started her since returning. He’d been playing well since coming back then had his leg break. Now some having a go at him and he’s not even back properly. 

I have previously posted that we might be due the best of him because of the last couple of years and the age he is at  

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Desperate to get back to Scotland after failing at Wigan & Peterborough.

Levein was the only one daft enough to give him a contract.  Jamie's lucky day.

Add mcinness into the daft enough as well bracket then as he offered him one

4 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

It's up to the fans to get behind him in my opinion. Let's get off his back and the best out of him. 

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He wasn't playing well in the two games before the injury at Motherwell. A goal at Aberdeen and poor v Ross County.

He was maybe playing better than expected but hardly playing well. The fact people were applauding him for making a tackle, says a lot about his expectations.

I hope he does well for us but I don't think it'll happen. He doesn't have the balls, the belief or the fitness to make it under Stendel. I expect to see him out on loan next month.

However, he'll always get my backing, when on the pitch for us.

fabienleclerq
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

What a mean spirited bunch we are towards our own players sometimes! The boy got injured after tracking back and trying to prevent a goal - Fraser ****ing Aird's had more benefit of the doubt on here today ffs. 

Hmm I think he came back after that and is injured again is he not? Fraser Aird never behaved the way JW did while here last time. 

Accepting Walker back at Hearts is akin to your bird cheating on you but you still accept her back. 

Nae loyalty to be found in that snake. Never will be. 

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Is it? 

Look how the snake behaved trying to engineer his move west. 

Guys attitude stinks. He's not even that good ffs. 

I gave him a hard time for his behaviour and attitude back then, but he looks a more mature player now and hadn’t it been for a broken leg I reckon he’d have been held in the same regard as Naismith by now.  

Webster was a snake first time round, but look at how he knuckled down and made a difference on his return.

7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Hmm I think he came back after that and is injured again is he not? Fraser Aird never behaved the way JW did while here last time. 

:laugh2: you're right about the injury, fair dos!

Fraser Aird though, he's a hun prick who's openly slagged us, while Walker's one of the players we're meant to support evermore.

I dont think its it's unreasonable to say "can we start giving hearts players the benefit of the doubt"

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I gave him a hard time for his behaviour and attitude back then, but he looks a more mature player now and hadn’t it been for a broken leg I reckon he’d have been held in the same regard as Naismith by now.  

Webster was a snake first time round, but look at how he knuckled down and made a difference on his return.

True, Andy the Judas did redeem himself. Personally I don't think Walker is capable of doing the same. Will happily admit to being wrong when if it happens but honestly think there is a very very slim chance of that. 

He'll go down as another shocking Levein signing.

Thought it was a mistake to bring him back but I do think clean slate should apply to all players to see if they can play in Stendel's system. Give him a chance to see if he can do that until the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

True, Andy the Judas did redeem himself. Personally I don't think Walker is capable of doing the same. Will happily admit to being wrong when if it happens but honestly think there is a very very slim chance of that. 

He'll go down as another shocking Levein signing.

I thought the length of contract was laughable.  1 year with optional 1 year extension would have sufficed and given him ample time to win back the supporters. Can’t imagine many teams were racing for the lad’s signature.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: you're right about the injury, fair dos!

Fraser Aird though, he's a hun prick who's openly slagged us, while Walker's one of the players we're meant to support evermore.

I dont think its it's unreasonable to say "can we start giving hearts players the benefit of the doubt"

It's not unreasonable. I'll always back him on the pitch, he's a lot of making up to do though and he's two injuries at least already since returning! 

As others have said he got an injury putting in a potential goal saving tackle. 
He’s made mistakes but, obviously everyone on here is perfect. 
At the end of the day either DS will get a tune out of him and he’ll thrive or he’ll be away.

He can pass a ball and score goals. We need him at his best

12 hours ago, Victorian said:

It takes a particularly feckless type of creature to **** up his chances at Hearts twice.      

He’s thick as ****. Can barely string a sentence together. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s at Raith in 12 months. Won’t play for a bigger or better club than Hearts. 

I was impressed in a bizarre way when he got injured as I didn't expect Walker to be sprinting back to make a challenge like that so I'm happy to give him until the end of the season to show that he really has brought some determination and commitment with him.

He should never had been signed though, but what's done is done.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm sure Stendel will work it out. Clare would have been hung from the Christmas tree by a distance. 

Personally I see Jamie Walker perhaps being a very useful substitute. Think Meshino has his position. 

Goalkeeper is the key position we rarely debate. 

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Surely that' can be the basis for any argument on Jamie's future at Hearts . 

Stendel was quoted as saying the players  that are out injured every couple of weeks are no good to him going forward. 

Unless Jamie starts ripping it up and contributing when he's fit and well , with his recent injury record he's going to struggle to have a future at the club going forward imo 

Edited by ramrod

Fozzyonthefence
39 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Thought it was a mistake to bring him back but I do think clean slate should apply to all players to see if they can play in Stendel's system. Give him a chance to see if he can do that until the end of the season. 

Yes, he needs to prove himself to Stendel rather than the fans Personally, I don’t expect to see it happen, but I’m sure he’ll get his chance (it may even only be 1 game as Stendel doesn’t seem to mess about if he doesn’t rate a player and I’m sure he’ll be aware he was a failure at Wigan and Peterborough).

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure Stendel will work it out. Clare would have been hung from the Christmas tree by a distance. 

Personally I see Jamie Walker perhaps being a very useful substitute. Think Meshino has his position. 

Goalkeeper is the key position we rarely debate. 

I think everyone agrees we need a keeper but if money is tight in January we’re probably better strengthening with a striker, winger and creative midfielder before a keeper.  If Walker gets back to his best, he solves that attacking midfielder problem but I’d be very pleasantly surprised to see that happen, his career really does look on a downward spiral.  I think the defence will be ok, if Soapy is back in January.

I think Jamie is going have to up the ante if he is going to secure a permanent place in the team. Now I know fitness has been a problem for him after a operation and the latest leg injury. It's pretty clear now that the manager won't tolerate passengers in the team. A fit and focused Jamie Walker would be a huge asset. Make it happen Jamie.

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

It's up to the fans to get behind him in my opinion. Let's get off his back and the best out of him. 

So ones on his back.  We are just having a discussion on here about him.  Are we not talk about things on here?  If us talking about it on here has an impact on his form, then that's his fault.  See the next thread that's asking for player ratings, any chance that players dont get lower than a six so it doesn't affect them?  Is this the sort of stuff you are looking for?

Every player, including Walker will be given a fresh start under Stendel.  It is up to him to take this, as I agree if he f...s this up it he will end up at ICT or the likes.  Personally I think he is more suited to an AM / second striker role as he has never had the pace for a winger.

jambogirlglasgow
13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think Jamie is going have to up the ante if he is going to secure a permanent place in the team. Now I know fitness has been a problem for him after a operation and the latest leg injury. It's pretty clear now that the manager won't tolerate passengers in the team. A fit and focused Jamie Walker would be a huge asset. Make it happen Jamie.

But when was he last fit and focussed? 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, it was a potential goal stopping challenge and he didn't shy away from the commitment.

Hopefully see the Walker of old soon which I think will happen under Stendel.

But need to not depend upon him to be fit for the rest of the season, as he is a higher injury risk player (not including this particular one though).

Edited by kila

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think everyone agrees we need a keeper but if money is tight in January we’re probably better strengthening with a striker, winger and creative midfielder before a keeper.  If Walker gets back to his best, he solves that attacking midfielder problem but I’d be very pleasantly surprised to see that happen, his career really does look on a downward spiral.  I think the defence will be ok, if Soapy is back in January.

Keeper gives you clean sheets. Jon McLaughlin arguably gave us real stability. Don't concede you don't lose

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

At the end of the day it  doesn't matter how much guys like you big up Jamie's ability and amplication or how much others shoot it down , he like most others at the club are in the last chance saloon . 

Stendel lioks to be a different animal from the previous jokers and if he's not fit and firing he's dead in the water as far as Hearts are concerned. 

He definitely had great ability, he just needs to stay fit and take responsibility attacking wise to cement his place in the team . Clare should be his inspiration as he was patently on the way out till Stendel came in . It's in his hands to silence the doubters and get his career back on track . 

"guys like you big up Jamie's ability" ?

That sounds like you disagree with me. And then you agree with pretty much everything I've said. The one exception being our view on injuries. Hearts are an employer and have a duty of care to their employees. You can't rip up players contracts just because they get injured, especially when they get injured on your time.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

One of the madder things about this place - and one of the things which always reminds me that the 100 or so regular posters on here do not in any way represent Hearts' fans in general - is the fact that this sentence needs to be said at all, rather than being a given.

Jamie was a decent player but his knees were knackered when left Hearts and he’s always going to have injury problems. I also don’t think he has the energy required for Stendel’s football.

6 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

One of the madder things about this place - and one of the things which always reminds me that the 100 or so regular posters on here do not in any way represent Hearts' fans in general - is the fact that this sentence needs to be said at all, rather than being a given.

This.

8 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

What do you mean?