Sean Clare.

Whatever

I said from early on I could see why things didn't work out for him down south, his attitude is a problem and clearly isn't gonna change. If I'm a direct opponent I'm smiling when I see his name on the team sheet. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

He’s infuriating as technically he looks decent and has a bit of pace but just doesn’t look like he has a football brain. Never seems to be in the right position and just drifts around to little effect.

1 hour ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Think he'll be at his best in games in which we're the favourites.

So he'll be good against the shite. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Why do you think threads are being started?

Because people need a hate figure?

There's already a massive thread on the subject of Sean Clare. But then, I suppose less people will pay attention to you if you just add your diatribe onto the end of that.

^still completely ignoring the questions asked.

Where is the massive Sean Clare thread btw? Looked through a half dozen pages. Maybe I missed it.

Would it not be better for yourself and the utter brain donor, bhb to just ignore these type of threads, rather than add nothing of any value? 🤷‍♂️

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

^still completely ignoring the questions asked.

Where is the massive Sean Clare thread btw? Looked through a half dozen pages. Maybe I missed it.

Would it not be better for yourself and the utter brain donor, bhb to just ignore these type of threads, rather than add nothing of any value? 🤷‍♂️

You're welcome.

Sorry. My mistake. The ‘Massive’ 5 page thread on Sean Clare was on page 5 of the terrace.

Apologies for missing it.

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Sorry. My mistake. The ‘Massive’ 5 page thread on Sean Clare was on page 5 of the terrace.

Apologies for missing it.

No need to apologise. 

Not everyone knows how to work a search function.

been here before
12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're welcome.

Or theres this one...

or this one...

or this one...

or this one...

Gave up after that.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No need to apologise. 

But everyone can identify a smart arse without hesitation

7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No need to apologise. 

Or not everyone is sad enough to care to use it?

Oh look, bhb is bollock deep in it. 🤔

So, Philip.

What does he bring to the team?

What am I, and many others judging by this thread, missing?

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

So he'll be good against the shite. 

Sadly theirs no garantee of that. However you'd think so! 

Seriously tho I think in games when we're on the front foot is when we're gonna see the best of him. Even more so when Haring is back.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Whatever said:

So, Philip.

Sad enough to create ANOTHER thread on it, though.

I'm sorry your incredibly unique and thought out thread hasn't gone the way you wanted. How sad for you.

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Seriously tho I think in games when we're on the front foot is when we're gonna see the best of him. Even more so when Haring is back.

🍻

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Sad enough to create ANOTHER thread on it, though.

I'm sorry your incredibly unique and thought out thread hasn't gone the way you wanted. How sad for you.

Well there hasn’t been many valid arguments put forward from those who believe he deserves his place in the side.

Certainly, there has been absolutely nothing from yourself on the subject matter.

Reverting to type are we, Eckauskas?

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Whatever said:

Well there hasn’t been many valid arguments put forward from those who believe he deserves his place in the side.

Certainly, there has been absolutely nothing from yourself on the subject matter.

Reverting to type are we, Eckauskas?

Your thread has received the content it deserved. **** all :) 

Dikamona conceded a penalty. Hickey got himself sent off. Berra badly caught out for the first. But you decide to start another thread about Sean Clare instead :laugh:  Predictable shite from the same people as per.

Still mate, nice one. People are finally taking note of you :) 

Phil Dunphy
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

So your defence of him is to highlight the mistakes of others rather than the positives he brings?

:interehjrling:

If you want to see my opinion on Sean Clare, take your pick from the half dozen threads that other people have started on the matter.

It's a shame to see someone react so poorly to finding out they're not as unique as they thought before :( 

18 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I know what your getting at mate, he's so frustrating coz I reckon there's a player in there somewhere, seen a great bit of play today, he was second favourite to get to the ball before the Aberdeen player (can't recall his name) literally ran right round him, won the ball, done a wee flick and one a foul, not exactly pant wetting I know....when haringis fit and he plays in a more advanced roll week in week out I agree, a can see him impacting games more....

FERRY HEARTS

Clare needs to start looking for return passes after he plays a ball instead of standing back and admiring his last touch 

want to see him doing well as certainly good football brain but also certainly lazy  luxury player 

9 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

I know what your getting at mate, he's so frustrating coz I reckon there's a player in there somewhere, seen a great bit of play today, he was second favourite to get to the ball before the Aberdeen player (can't recall his name) literally ran right round him, won the ball, done a wee flick and one a foul, not exactly pant wetting I know....when haringis fit and he plays in a more advanced roll week in week out I agree, a can see him impacting games more....

Good to hear.

Just want him to impose himself on games more. There are times I see when he could be showing for the ball and he isn’t there.

I get he’s still young but if he’s being given the responsibility he in turn needs to produce a bit more.

So anyway, ignoring the blatant attempt at diverting the topic. (It’s a recurring theme with Eck and Sean Clare apparently .)

What am I missing?

been here before
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Genuinely not seeing it. Seen most of the game today. Added to the league cup games and his performances last season.

So want him to do well but there’s not a lot to go on, is there?

No pant wetting, scapegoating, personal dislike of the guy. Far from it.

What am I missing?

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

You honestly think I enjoy seeing him perform poorly?

So, back to the questions asked and the pertinent points that you somehow always fail to address in your defence of the boy.

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

So, Philip.

16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

So anyway, ignoring the blatant attempt at diverting the topic. (It’s a recurring theme with Eck and Sean Clare apparently .)

What am I missing?

:rofl:

Its been well covered in the dozen or so other threads.

Edited by been here before

9 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What am I missing?

At this moment you are not missing anything fella. He's not scoring goals, he's not creating chances, he doesn't really tackle, commits stupid fouls.

Personally I feel he's being asked to be a wee bit more defensive minded than what he's used to, that's the only excuse I can make for him, every time I see him play I'm like go and do something....Then he'll lose the ball or play a square pass, he talked himself up and has put a lot of pressure on himself....kinda backfired coz he's not producing atm

2 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

At this moment you are not missing anything fella. He's not scoring goals, he's not creating chances, he doesn't really tackle, commits stupid fouls.

Personally I feel he's being asked to be a wee bit more defensive minded than what he's used to, that's the only excuse I can make for him, every time I see him play I'm like go and do something....Then he'll lose the ball or play a square pass, he talked himself up and has put a lot of pressure on himself....kinda backfired coz he's not producing atm

👍🏻

Just now, amadjambo said:

He is a passenger in every game. Lucky if we get 5 mins worthwhile contribution from him in every game.

Sadly, agree.

I've said it a million times so May aswell say it again. He is terrible, nowhere near good enough for Hearts. 

BackOfTheNet

Sean Clare is a raw talent, one that still needs time to adjust since technicality he came to the professional aspect of the game late through the Nike Academy. His style is therefore unorthodox. I can actually see why some get frustrated with him (young player being inconsistent shock) but I also think people are blinkered when it comes to him. We’ve seen it before with Isma, with Djoum, a narrative starts (for whatever reason) that this player is the worst player since George Weah’s fake cousin at Southampton - this means fans actively wait for the player to make a mistake so they can pounce on it and say “see! told ye he was ***** eh!” Forgetting of course if players seldom make mistakes they would be playing at a much higher level than us.

I’ve had many a conversation with fellow fans about Clare, I never seem to get a consistent response to why he’s bad which makes me think people are going with groupthink on this one. For example many people have criticised his attitude on here and are under the impression he thinks he’s too good for Hearts. That’s where I know they’re talking nonsense as he’s always come across as grounded and knows he’s had a second shot at a career and wants to make the most of it. He’s probably one of the most intelligent kids in our squad too. So anyone having a go at his attitude is evidently blinkered on this one and just saying things to justify why they say they don’t like him. Maybe if his name fit into a catchy tune it’d all be different.

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

He is a passenger in every game. Lucky if we get 5 mins worthwhile contribution from him in every game.

That’s definitely his problem. Flashes of a decent player but 85 minutes of hiding in almost every game. His good 5 minutes today came just before the double sub so probably saved himself from the hook. Was in Irving’s shadow for the vast majority of the time they were together. 

plastic_bas

I'm generally supportive of Levein, but to set up with a midfield three of Clare, Walker and Irving and then proceed to launch the ball over their heads and hope they pick up the scraps is pointless.

I like Clare and think he is a tidy player and good ball carrier when the opportunity presents itself. I don't think the tactics today gave him any chance at all. 

1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

I've said it a million times so May aswell say it again. He is terrible, nowhere near good enough for Hearts. 

Where I'm at, offers absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, plastic_bas said:

I'm generally supportive of Levein, but to set up with a midfield three of Clare, Walker and Irving and then proceed to launch the ball over their heads and hope they pick up the scraps is pointless.

I like Clare and think he is a tidy player and good ball carrier when the opportunity presents itself. I don't think the tactics today gave him any chance at all. 

I’d be interested to hear what tactics do suit him, as I’ve yet to see it.

siegementality
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Luxury player not a starter 

Luxury players bring some type of value to the team, albeit they don’t do it consistently enough to merit a starting place. What value does Clare bring to the team that even makes him any type of luxury?

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sean Clare is a raw talent, one that still needs time to adjust since technicality he came to the professional aspect of the game late through the Nike Academy. His style is therefore unorthodox. I can actually see why some get frustrated with him (young player being inconsistent shock) but I also think people are blinkered when it comes to him. We’ve seen it before with Isma, with Djoum, a narrative starts (for whatever reason) that this player is the worst player since George Weah’s fake cousin at Southampton - this means fans actively wait for the player to make a mistake so they can pounce on it and say “see! told ye he was ***** eh!” Forgetting of course if players seldom make mistakes they would be playing at a much higher level than us.

I’ve had many a conversation with fellow fans about Clare, I never seem to get a consistent response to why he’s bad which makes me think people are going with groupthink on this one. For example many people have criticised his attitude on here and are under the impression he thinks he’s too good for Hearts. That’s where I know they’re talking nonsense as he’s always come across as grounded and knows he’s had a second shot at a career and wants to make the most of it. He’s probably one of the most intelligent kids in our squad too. So anyone having a go at his attitude is evidently blinkered on this one and just saying things to justify why they say they don’t like him. Maybe if his name fit into a catchy tune it’d all be different.

I'm a newbie as a poster on here but I recognise this post as pretty much a verbatim repost of the same defence of Clare I saw months ago.  He's not a raw  talent - he played at Sheff Wed and that is one big club with big aspirations. Personally, I'm not questioning his attitude (in the Hibs game at Easter Rd he worked his balls off) but this guy isn't going to make it.  You say you don't get a  consistent response to why he’s bad - but what makes him good ?  I like his attitude and I hope he makes it -but he's had a LOT of game time and it doesn't look good for him. 

Cruyff Turn

I don’t know how he’ll do there long term but i’m more than willing to give him time in this role before making a judgement whether it’s for him or not.

So far though, he has got a long way to go before I’d consider his position in the squad safe, nevermind first XI.

CL is playing him so he can learn his position and he obviously believes in him. He definitely has talent but he should really be a stand out with his ability.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

pettigrewsstylist

I predict CL stubborn streak will see him played week in/out.

Every few weeks he will do something decent to give people hope. 

He does not belong in the centre of a scottish top flight midfield.

12 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Another Sean Clare thread.

Yay. This hasn't been done to ****ing death.

To be fair, the pant-wetting, and often bizarrely smug, praise of him during his first six months was done to death, too (“future legend”, apparently).

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

I'm a newbie as a poster on here but I recognise this post as pretty much a verbatim repost of the same defence of Clare I saw months ago.  He's not a raw  talent - he played at Sheff Wed and that is one big club with big aspirations. Personally, I'm not questioning his attitude (in the Hibs game at Easter Rd he worked his balls off) but this guy isn't going to make it.  You say you don't get a  consistent response to why he’s bad - but what makes him good ?  I like his attitude and I hope he makes it -but he's had a LOT of game time and it doesn't look good for him. 

Before joining us he had 24 professional games, most from the bench. He signed his first professional contract at 18/19 after falling out of the system. I say he’s raw because you’ve got 16/17 year-olds in our squad that will be more used to the day to day ins and outs of a football club than Clare as he technically had a break from it. Only to then do the Tom Rogic route (Nike Academy) to get back into the scene.

So after 24 appearances by the time he’s 21 he joins us injured, plays a lot of games for us last season (35) but those games were at right back, right wing back, centre midfield, right midfield, right wing, left midfield, left wing, attacking midfield, support striker. He’s only had one full season as a professional, never in one settled position and there will be instances where he won’t be on the same page as teammates as he’s not had the same route into professional football they have.

I’m not making excuses for the guy, I’m just saying he had 24 (not full 90 mins) appearances before joining us which is less than Harry Cochrane has played. And we’re willing to give Harry the time and leeway.

At least you do admit to him having quality aspects of his game unlike the “I don’t see it” crowd. I see someone actually willing to get on the ball (when not lumped over his head), I see someone willing to try things like skill or a slide through pass, rather than just the safe option, I see someone with great technique, speed, agility and as previously stated a great attitude. I personally think if he bulks up a little, starts playing regularly in one position and with more experience improves the decision making aspect of his game he will be great for us. Do I know it’ll happen? No. Do I think it can? Of course.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Clare feckin rubbish get rid pure gash he is. No heart and dare I say it no skill so Levein likes him .Joke feckin shocking player. 

Jambosteve1902
14 hours ago, Whatever said:

You honestly think I enjoy seeing him perform poorly?

So, back to the questions asked and the pertinent points that you somehow always fail to address in your defence of the boy.

What am I missing?

wasnt worse than berra or mulraney wheres there threads? Mulraney was disrgaceful today. 

3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

wasnt worse than berra or mulraney wheres there threads? Mulraney was disrgaceful today. 

I have commented on Mulraney on other threads. Simply doesn’t work hard enough and was another passenger.

As for Berra, he’s doesn’t suit playing in a back 3.

Edited by amadjambo

Jambosteve1902
Just now, amadjambo said:

I have commented on Mulraney on other threads. Simply doesn’t work hard enough and was another passenger.

i disagree he doesn't work hard enough just didn't work but it was as we didn't have a CDM or a shape due to the formation played.  sure they'l both be great on Saturday :D!