***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, Prof said:

And the garbage you spout makes you sound like a Hobo. What gives you the right to say Hearts don’t need supporters like me. You want to grow up and make serious comments as to why we cannot win after being up 2-1 and making a complete erse of our LC group against minnows. 

I've been going to Hearts games since 1965. You are a slaver. It wasn't the first and it wont be the last time Hearts lose from being 1-2 up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Winners don't play for a point. No prizes for a draw. 

Unless you're labouring under the fashionable impression that it's the taking part that counts.

I'd have loved a point at dens in 86.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I've been going to Hearts games since 1965. You are a slaver. It wasn't the first and it wont be the last time Hearts lose from being 1-2 up.

Since 1965, so what. And I’ve been going to watch Hearts since 1957.  I can only assume you like watching Hearts get beat.

25 minutes ago, Prof said:

And the garbage you spout makes you sound like a Hobo. What gives you the right to say Hearts don’t need supporters like me. You want to grow up and make serious comments as to why we cannot win after being up 2-1 and making a complete erse of our LC group against minnows. 

Dear Prof,

I have met a few professors in my time and many of them don't spout much sense either.

My son and I both left the game very disappointed but there was much to be positive about, unless your agenda does not allow any of that?

Just now, ramrod said:

Hearts fans like you really get on my tits . You really would be better sodding off to .net with the rest of your ilk. 

Im no lover of Craig and he has a lot of faults but to blame him for today is laughable. 

We had our noses in front against tough opponents before two horrendous decisions have cost us . You'll be on here again bleating your Heart out after 20 mins next Sat if it's still 0-0 . We don't need fans like you  find something else to do with your time if you can't support your team and take the rest of the drainers with you . 

Get yourself for a breast reduction then.....best for all.....

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Since 1965, so what. And I’ve been going to watch Hearts since 1957.  I can only assume you like watching Hearts get beat.

I wouldn't mind betting that there were a few people there today who were at their very first football match and they probably know more about the game than you.

Just now, graygo said:

I wouldn't mind betting that there were a few people there today who were at their very first football match and they probably know more about the game than you.

Garbage. So we did well getting beat. 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thought for just a few minutes today we were going to get a superb result up there. The whole team changed from the minute Naismith came onto the park, a lot of the play before that was in the air and aimed at Uche, who had a good opening 10 minutes but then offered little else (following his introduction along with Naismith Washington looked a better option up front, and next week at Tynecastle I'd like to see us start with him, Naismith and Walker in forward positions). We should have had a free kick before they played the ball forward for their opening goal, but then both Berra and Zlamal contributed to that opener, I was hoping that when he went for the ball in the air Christophe was just going to put it out of play and give the defence time to reorganise. We did well to get 2-1 in front and I might be out of synch here but I did feel a bit sorry for Hickey, and the tackle which got him sent off. He was left with the choice of bringing McGinn down or allowing him to continue running into the penalty area, and in hindsight he made the wrong choice. I think there would have been no complaints from Aberdeen if the match had finished 2-2  but they won it with a good late goal. It is difficult to be anything other than disappointed when HMFC lose but the 2nd half play pre the penalty incident did provide something worth watching, and with a bit more care could have got us at least a point.

Hearts beat themselves today but the official on the near side didn't help either. How he is not seeing the shirt pulling when it's happening right in front of him is ridiculous. Uche was fouled in the lead up to the first goal - but you can't compensate for Berra and then Bobby making a complete hash of it. 

When Hearts went 2-1 up the only way Aberdeen were scoring an equaliser was the way they did. 2 poor errors again, the winner is just a wonder strike.

Walker totally anonymous apart from the goal, he just couldn't get in the game.

It was a kick in the teeth result as we gifted Aberdeen the win.

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Prof said:

8 years more slavering.

Edited by John Findlay

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd have loved a point at dens in 86.

Black, white, sugar, shite.

You know exactly what I'm getting at, Tosh, so feel free stop acting the contrarian for the sake of it.

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Apologies it sounded like you were.

IMO CL sets us up not to lose, particularly away from home and only when we concede does he go positive. Did it today and it almost worked. 

I get that folk are pissed off we lost from a winning position but I don’t blame the manager for that today. I blame the players who made the mistakes.

Yes he picks the team/signs those players but, you can’t legislate for daft tackles.

I will agree that the keeper needs replaced. Consistently showing not good enough

We're more or less on the same page, buddy. :) 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Black, white, sugar, shite.

You know exactly what I'm getting at, Tosh, so feel free stop acting the contrarian for the sake of it.

Your statement was clear, I gave an example were a draw would have been good. 

You're the one spouting pish about winners not playing for a point and no prizes for draws. 

Whatever the feck that is all about. 

Like advice from a cheap fortune cookie. 

Predictably we lost the first game from a winning position. We also managed to make an erse of the LC. Yes the team is undoubtedly progressing!!

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Is that the best you can do? 

I don't pretend to be something I'm not.

Just now, Prof said:

Predictably we lost the first game from a winning position. We also managed to make an erse of the LC. Yes the team is undoubtedly progressing!!

Who predicted we would lose from a winning position?  You?

Is that the League Cup we are into the last 16 that we made an erse of?

Despite your years of experience you really don't have a clue do you?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I don't pretend to be something I'm not.

Apart from a goalkeeper.

132goals1958
Just now, Prof said:

Which you seem to be relishing.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your statement was clear, I gave an example were a draw would have been good. 

You're the one spouting pish about winners not playing for a point and no prizes for draws. 

Whatever the feck that is all about. 

Like advice from a cheap fortune cookie. 

Do you think McDonald set Hearts up to play for a point at Dens or do you think we were going for the win from the off?

In fact, don't answer that Tosh. It'll just be another pile of contrived shite twisted to suit your tedious narrative.

I'm just waiting for the first Levein 'is to blame for Souttar's injury' post by some of our more extreme posters

Last season it was all about injuries and how it was all his fault due to outdated training methods

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Do you think McDonald set Hearts up to play for a point at Dens or do you think we were going for the win from the off?

In fact, don't answer that Tosh. It'll just be another pile of contrived shite twisted to suit your tedious narrative.

No idea, but we'd have gotten a point and a prize and been a winner so your whole premise of no prizes blah blah and winners don't go for draws blah blah  is a load of pish. 

Anyway, the past is the past, you can't change the past, only the future. 

Sure I've seen that on a fortune cookie as well. 

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Apart from a goalkeeper.

I'm still a decent one of those.

14 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Which you seem to be relishing.

And how in your mind do you work that out. 

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

And how in your mind do you work that out. 

Even at my time of life I don’t have to be too perceptive in working it out 

Alex Kintner
48 minutes ago, Prof said:

Do you also support Man City by any chance, prof?

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No idea, but we'd have gotten a point and a prize and been a winner so your whole premise of no prizes blah blah and winners don't go for draws blah blah  is a load of pish. 

Anyway, the past is the past, you can't change the past, only the future. 

Sure I've seen that on a fortune cookie as well. 

:lol:

Your inability to grasp a discussion point is almost endearing, however your ability to expertly set up and go balls deep on straw men - without the slightest idea of what you're doing - is quite the feat.

It was you that brought up the past, Tosh, trying to take a discussion off on your own tangent to score a cheap internet win.

But answer me this - if you could change the past, would you go back and stop yourself from telling Kickback that you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup?

I like you Tosh, don't ever change.

comradejambo

Aberdeen’s penalty. The free kick before.... maybe me being frustrated but was the free kick not taken about 5 metres closer to where the fouls was actually committed? If it were taken from the correct spot, the short pass probably wouldn’t have been the same option (granted dikamona was clumsy)? Not seen the highlights again but seemed like we were seen off abit there (as we were with McKenna  /Uche at first goal). 

1 minute ago, comradejambo said:

Aberdeen’s penalty. The free kick before.... maybe me being frustrated but was the free kick not taken about 5 metres closer to where the fouls was actually committed? If it were taken from the correct spot, the short pass probably wouldn’t have been the same option (granted dikamona was clumsy)? Not seen the highlights again but seemed like we were seen off abit there (as we were with McKenna  /Uche at first goal). 

Nah, that's not what happened.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

5AF648D2-4CB8-4CFB-A3C7-C5280D2607FC.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

Your inability to grasp a discussion point is almost endearing, however your ability to expertly set up and go balls deep on straw men - without the slightest idea of what you're doing - is quite the feat.

It was you that brought up the past, Tosh, trying to take a discussion off on your own tangent to score a cheap internet win.

But answer me this - if you could change the past, would you go back and stop yourself from telling Kickback that you wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup?

I like you Tosh, don't ever change.

I still dislike rangers far more than hibs, that is never going to change. Pm me, happy to discuss that. 

I'm  happy rangers have still won **** all since thier reformation, obviously somthing you can't move on from. 

No prizes for drawing...... 😂😂😂😂

Classic deflection from a guy who spouts pish, gets called out on it so goes away on a tangent. 

You never change either. It's quite funny watching you straw clutching, when you get called out for posting nonesense.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I still dislike rangers far more than hibs, that is never going to change. Pm me, happy to discuss that. 

I'm  happy rangers have still won **** all since thier reformation, obviously somthing you can't move on from. 

No prizes for drawing...... 😂😂😂😂

Classic deflection from a guy who spouts pish, gets called out on it so goes away on a tangent. 

You never change either. It's quite funny watching you straw clutching, when you get called out for posting nonesense.

PM eh, pagger behind the Wheatfield is it?

Lets discuss this in the open, Tosh. I'm not one for hiding behind PM's

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

PM eh, pagger behind the Wheatfield is it?

Lets discuss this in the open, Tosh. I'm not one for hiding behind PM's

It's way off topic, so pm me or open another thread about it. 

This is a Aberdeen / Hearts thread, **** all to do with hibs or Rangers. 

Also, unlike you I don't really want to talk about hibs winning the cup, pretty much the last thing on my mind, obviously you think about it, a lot. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's way off topic, so pm me or open another thread about it. 

This is a Aberdeen / Hearts thread, **** all to do with hibs or Rangers. 

Also, unlike you I don't really want to talk about hibs winning the cup, pretty much the last thing on my mind, obviously you think about it, a lot. 

image.png.d08027ec4c5726695fa6715f3d25fff1.png

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Bobby’s record for penalties isn’t great, but he was within a whisker of saving the one in the Cup Final.

He was at fault for it ( same as the first goal today)and was slated for not saving it, has barely got near any of the 20 penalties he’s faced now whilst saving one.

ONE IN TWENTY FFS and you’re trying to defend his record.

HillmanHearts

Aberdeen are probably the most snidey, cheating bunch of ***** in League. Hard team to referee at Pittodrie. Ref wasn't up to it.

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Aberdeen are probably the most snidey, cheating bunch of ***** in League. Hard team to referee at Pittodrie. Ref wasn't up to it.

Referee never had control of the game at any point

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Wasn't helped by his assistants either. The amount of grappling and shirt pulling going on and given a swift ignoring by them.

Just caught up with Sportscene on iPlayer.

Maybe, maybe, it was a penalty but, by ****, that McGinn prick certainly has some difficulty staying upright.

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Oh look you’ve learnt how to cut and paste.

Good eh?

Knew you’d be impressed. :thumbsup:

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Surely you are not that dumb.

The two players are obviously not ready for 90 mins.

Don't worry sweet cheeks there will be plenty of chances to have a pop at levein, today is not that day.

😂😂 Sweet cheeks

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Or if we hadn’t gone down to 10 men we wouldn’t have lost?

Maybe, eh?

Attitude wasn’t the problem from the start - we were up for it and we were physical and in their faces. Quality wasn’t there - but the key elements of our quality was on the bench because neither could play 90 minutes.

Would you have preferred that we had played Naismith and Washington from the start and won but ****ed them out bee for the next 4 games?

You probably would have.....

Didn't say 90 mins did I? 

How do you know they will be out for 4 games anyway? 

Will we be scared to give them longer this week in case they get injured again? 

Dont think our attitude was right in the first half with many people that were at the game describing us as woeful etc. 

Anyway a football forum is about opinions is it not? 

Surely everyone can have their own say and not agree with you or anyone else who has a different view. 

Or is that not allowed? 

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, OTT said:

The change in attitude/tempo was Naismith and Washington coming on. I think we need to look at who else we have to create goals. Walker wasn't scoring today until the changes came. We're crying out for someone who can get on the ball and drive us forward. A Milinkovic type player.

It worries me that we are so devoid of creativity when Naismith isn't on the park. His injury record isn't great and suggests we will be without him at some point this season. If we can't score without him we're doomed for another midtable finish IMO.

Totally agree, we cannot rely on one guy to dig us out of holes all the time. 

Maybe a signing or 2 might arrive this week 👍

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, jambopilms said:

How do you start with the same attitude without your two best attacking players. It's a different ball game. When you have spells not playing well it's not as simple as levein saying play better or attack more.

Your attitude does not need to be different with those 2 out. 

The quality and decent football will be down with these 2 out, totally agree, but not the attitude and commitment.