The Gay Footballer

Hampden Demolition

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mohamed is a con man, who used this as a way to bring about  his people to fight against the oppressors, and make himself rich and powerful.

Lionheart and Saladin reenacted it a little later.

Bit like Sturgeon then....

:lol: 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Norm

• ri Alban

• Morph

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 14/07/2019 at 21:18, Sarah O said:

If this is what Christianity teaches it can't die soon enough

It would be certainly interesting to see how a world would function without religion. 

We are entering a post Christian society as more young people have no interest in religion.  

Administration looms....

2 hours ago, Brian Dundas said:

Its an interesting thing the old Bible and word of god etc....

I'd like to know how you decide as an individual which version of the Bible is the true word of god? 

And then how you decide what parts are to be taken literally and what parts are more open to interpretation or even completely ignored?

In the context of this discussion it is interesting that anal sex and gay marriage are not allowed however I've never heard of Christian men being bothered about where menstruating women have been sitting.........

The genius of the writers of the bible - the Koran etc is that you can read and interpret the context any which way you want.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Grandmother of my next door neighbour used to get caned for writing with her left hand at school.

I don't think she was the only one but what relevance does that have here?

10 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I don't think she was the only one but what relevance does that have here?

What is and isn't "normal"?

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I see, we have regressed.

In what way?  In respect of the thread, or as a species in general?

been here before
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Grandmother of my next door neighbour used to get caned for writing with her left hand at school.

Sounds a bit sinister.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sounds a bit sinister.

They thought she wasn’t adroit or dexterous.  A bit gauche really.

18 minutes ago, Boris said:

In what way?  In respect of the thread, or as a species in general?

As a thread, assuming that the debate is now back to whether being Gay is normal or not. 

Just now, SE16 3LN said:

As a thread, assuming that the debate is now back to whether being Gay is normal or not. 

Ah, gotcha. :thumb:

I suppose it's an underlying theme?

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

They thought she wasn’t adroit or dexterous.  A bit gauche really.

Actually having suffered the same encouragement and the beginning of applying chalk to a slate to learn to write, I in adulthood realised it had nothing to do with the child it was the fact that eveything in the classroom desks particularly were designed, ink wells etc to right handedness.

18 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

In order to make it clear that I'm not talking about the person but the act of sodomy.

On the one hand I'm told that nature is a matter of evolution and the survival of the fittest and, on the other, the act of having sex with someone of the same gender is just not "natural."

The fact is God loves the lot of you and has demonstrated that only to be cursed spat on and rejected.

Thank goodness He's not like the lynch mob on here nor me, for that matter.  I'd turn you all into Hibbies.

Anyway, signing off with a piece of info, Bob's your Auntie!

so it is not natural yet lots of animal species engage in it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150206-are-there-any-homosexual-animals

SpruceBringsteen
7 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

It would be certainly interesting to see how a world would function without religion.

8f6.gif

JudyJudyJudy
On 16/07/2019 at 12:52, i8hibsh said:

I don't know the stats but I'm gonna just put it out there that as a proportion, gay people commit far less crime.

Yes it is clearly true . And most gay people inside prison are there for fraud / petty crimes . 

JudyJudyJudy

In all my years going to gay bars I’ve hardly

seen any fights now compare that to the “ straight “ bars I’ve been to and I’ve seen loads through the years , either Inside or out . Drunken straight male toxicity is a scary site . 

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

seen any fights now compare that to the “ straight “ bars I’ve been to and I’ve seen loads through the years , either Inside or out . Drunken straight male toxicity is a scary site . 

Not even handbags?

Unknown user
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

For balance, I don't think I've seen rampant drug use anywhere like I've seen in gay bars!

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not even handbags?

LOL no dear !!!! However i saw a viscous fight between two lesbians one time....

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Smithee said:

For balance, I don't think I've seen rampant drug use anywhere like I've seen in gay bars!

Well u obviously havent been to loads of straight pubs or pubs along dalry and gorgie after matches its fairly snowing 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL no dear !!!! However i saw a viscous fight between two lesbians one time....

Yummy

Starting to think now this might not be real.  I hope i'm wrong as it would be a shame for there to have been such a big debate from it for someone to just be taking the piss.

I could be wrong and the guy just needs the time, i hope so anyway.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Starting to think now this might not be real.  I hope i'm wrong as it would be a shame for there to have been such a big debate from it for someone to just be taking the piss.

I could be wrong and the guy just needs the time, i hope so anyway.

:rofl:

i fecking told you all this about two weeks ago. Read the statement - absolutely no way a player/club would produce a statement like that.

it’s total bollocks

Jambo, Goodbye
52 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

i fecking told you all this about two weeks ago. Read the statement - absolutely no way a player/club would produce a statement like that.

it’s total bollocks

Tbh I think it's real. But we've three weeks still to go anyway.  

AlphonseCapone

Even if it's fake, it's at least reminded folk that Christians are as much backward and intolerant as their fellow religious kin. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

it’s total bollocks

Why not?  It's not the statement that makes me think it's fake just that its been drawn out for quite a while.  I thought the idea was the dust would settle then he would announce it and i think most people have gotten over the fact there's a gay player.  Not for me to say though as i amn't the one doing it, hope it's not fake as doesn't help anyone.

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I've seen that video

:clumshot:

6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Even if it's fake, it's at least reminded folk that Christians are as much backward and intolerant as their fellow religious kin. 

You are promulgating a perception which from my observations and contribution here on JKB is simply inaccurate and false.

Yes, the New Testament is very clear on its ‘No’ this is sinful stance when relating to homosexual relationships, however it leaves no room for a ‘them and us’ mindset.

According to Jesus, every adult Christian is in some way time or another defiled and guilty of sexual sin.

Having made that clear, it is certainly not homophobic to uphold Christian biblical views on this subject.

But if a Christian shows prejudice or distaste towards homosexual people then they should be ashamed of themselves and repent of their unbiblical attitudes.

Edited by alfajambo

colinmaroon
57 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

You are promulgating a perception which from my observations and contribution here on JKB is simply inaccurate and false.

Yes, the New Testament is very clear on its ‘No’ this is sinful stance when relating to homosexual relationships, however it leaves no room for a ‘them and us’ mindset.

According to Jesus, every adult Christian is in some way time or another defiled and guilty of sexual sin.

Having made that clear, it is certainly not homophobic to uphold Christian biblical views on this subject.

But if a Christian shows prejudice or distaste towards homosexual people then they should be ashamed of themselves and repent of their unbiblical attitudes.

Exactly the point!

It's the sin that's the "problem" before God.  That is not the way the world works, as can be seen on this thread, and that includes professing Christians who conform to the kind of personally directed abuse against the individual that we've seen on here.

If I am to be judged for condemning the "sin" then, m'Lud, please take into account these other offences - the Bible teaches that sex outside of (Christian) marriage, stealing, lying, envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, gossiping, strife, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, ethnic and racial prejudice, drunkenness, partiality based on wealth or position, all kinds of corruption, murder, rape, abuse, and things like these, are all sin.

No wonder the world hates Christ!  And no wonder I need Him!

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Hiding behind made up stories to defend your homophobia 😂😂😂

Stick to defending your racist pal Trump.

Ever notice you are on the wrong side of every debate you take part in!!!

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

The New Testament and what Jesus said means absolutely nothing though, and that's where the problems lie. Your actions and beliefs are inspired by something the vast majority of people in this country simply see as made up nonsense.

You might not like that, and I'm not trying to offend you, but to the majority, it's simply not acceptable for religious people to call homosexuality anything but natural and beautiful by hiding behind an ancient text that quite frankly has no more authority than Harry Potter. 

Do you think Colin overstepped the mark whatsoever on this thread? 

8 hours ago, alfajambo said:

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Exactly the point!

It's the sin that's the "problem" before God.  That is not the way the world works, as can be seen on this thread, and that includes professing Christians who conform to the kind of personally directed abuse against the individual that we've seen on here.

If I am to be judged for condemning the "sin" then, m'Lud, please take into account these other offences - the Bible teaches that sex outside of (Christian) marriage, stealing, lying, envy, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, gossiping, strife, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, ethnic and racial prejudice, drunkenness, partiality based on wealth or position, all kinds of corruption, murder, rape, abuse, and things like these, are all sin.

No wonder the world hates Christ!  And no wonder I need Him!

Thank you both for stating your positions in a reasonable manner. :thumb:

JudyJudyJudy

I never comment when people go on about the bible and their values based on this piece of made up nonsense . It’s a complete waste of energy and gives those bible thumpers a aura of respectability   when they are just using it as a  tool to justify their intolerance . Morality is an evolving concept and thankfully no laws are based on that pile of nonsense . We are gradually evolving into a more tolerant society ( most of the time ) without referencing the bible to give us this moral framework . 

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/07/2019 at 15:03, i8hibsh said:

JamesM48 is a good sport.

I can give as well as take !! Boom boom 😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I never comment when people go on about the bible and their values based on this piece of made up nonsense . It’s a complete waste of energy and gives those bible thumpers a aura of respectability   when they are just using it as a  tool to justify their intolerance . Morality is an evolving concept and thankfully no laws are based on that pile of nonsense . We are gradually evolving into a more tolerant society ( most of the time ) without referencing the bible to give us this moral framework . 

Spot on. 

Sadly I don't think religion will die soon, just look at our young team. They love God and being staunch proddys.

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Sarah O said:

just look at our young team. They love God and being staunch proddys.

:pleasing:

JudyJudyJudy
16 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Spot on. 

Sadly I don't think religion will die soon, just look at our young team. They love God and being staunch proddys.

You obviously havent been to church lately? I was at a catholic service the other week there ( a friends Ordination) and the average age was around 60 .   It is dying out . Well thats my hope.  The " young team" may spout religion shit but they hardly attend church. 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You obviously havent been to church lately? 

Correct.

However, our young guns must be regulars. They always sing about religion. :jjyay:

been here before
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

The " young team" may spout religion shit but they hardly attend church. 

No pyro, no prayin'

18 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Spot on. 

:clap:

:pleasing: