• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Shouldn't every one of us who purports (my word of the day) to be a Jambo just hope he has a fantastic season.

That's what I hope. 

Nah. 

We should call him a bottler in derbies, call him names like a prick and call him out for being a dirty rangers bassy.

We should, at the same time say we should have taken a football mecerny, say like Milinkovic ( because he got us, apparently tried harder and was more consistent ?) over him and if it all goes tits up, blame CL. 

Tbh, It's more fun that way. 

Getting behind the guy who gave us some great performances, had some of the most consistent stats for us for many a year, has a Hearts history and is a Jambo and after trying his hand in England to earn a little more, we'll.... It's is just too boring. 

Walker with, Washington, Uche and Naismith is giving me a little movement. 

Could be gravy. Easy 40-50 goals in that lot. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah. 

We should call him a bottler in derbies, call him names like a prick and call him out for being a dirty rangers bassy.

We should, at the same time say we should have taken a football mecerny, say like Milinkovic ( because he got us, apparently tried harder and was more consistent ?) over him and if it all goes tits up, blame CL. 

Tbh, It's more fun that way. 

Getting behind the guy who gave us some great performances, had some of the most consistent stats for us for many a year, has a Hearts history and is a Jambo and after trying his hand in England to earn a little more, we'll.... It's is just too boring. 

Walker with, Washington, Uche and Naismith is giving me a little movement. 

Could be gravy. Easy 40-50 goals in that lot. ?

Bit snidey that. You seem to struggle with people having a different opinion to you regarding the merits of a football player, and automatically jump on the ‘must be an ulterior motive’ train.

Not sure how you are struggling so much with this. I’ve put it a few different ways already in the hope you can grasp it.

I prefer Milinkovic to Walker as a football player, for the multitude of reasons I’ve already given. 

**** me you’re hard work. Just try and accept that people’s opinions differ from yours sometimes. ?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You’re doing it again. I am perfectly capable of judging a football player on what I see with my own eyes. I have given my reasons, and they are my honest opinions. I don’t need someone to translate them in to something else, because they do not agree.

I sat there at derbies (and other games, but it’s the derbies that really annoyed me), and watched him do nothing. We were getting treated the way we have historically treated them for a while, and Walker was supposed to be the guy who’d ‘unlock their defence’. Watched him bottle it in too many games to suddenly expect him to come back and be a revelation.

The Rangers shite obviously doesn’t help. How can that sort of shite do anything other than exacerbate Ill-feeling, when you are already not overly enamoured with a player’s effort and performances? 

The crux of the matter is though, he went out on to the pitch and shat it against Hibs. I sat there watching it happen, and that angered me. I have a perfectly clear and lucid memory of what I watched, and how it made me feel. I don’t need someone trying to convince me that they know my feelings or thoughts better than I do.

Your last paragraph I agree with. Now that he’s signed, he deserves a chance to prove himself again.

The facts are that you have celebrated jamie walker’s name more often than any other Hearts midfielder since rudi skacel in terms of his goals for us. Even more than paul hartley. Imagine if he hadn’t been injured! 

Why not focus on that?

And the bit about Hibs dominating is like we dominated them is nonsense. They have never done that. They have their odd good period now and then before natural order is restored.

Edited by ToqueJambo

It should have been ten
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ah well,  there you go, let's enjoy our player again 

Yep fresh start, up to him now ??

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The facts are that you have celebrated jamie walker’s name more often than any other Hearts midfielder since rudi skacel in terms of his goals for us. Even more than paul hartley.

Why not focus on that?

And the bit about Hibs dominating is like we dominated them

is nonsense. They have never done that. They have their odd

good period now and then before natural order is restored.

I’ve already repeatedly said that:

1) He was an excellent player when he first broke through.

2) I want him to do well, and think he might.

3) I will support him like I do every Hearts player who gives their all for the team.

Quite why folk have such an issue with me not being desperate to rewrite history and pretend he was a superstar in the latter period of his first term with us, I don’t know.

Is there some kind of issue with folk not wanting to hear opposing views to their own? Is the game to keep on trying to wear me down until I change my opinion of a player who I have watched playing for us from a teenager to the day he left? ?

What exactly is it about my views and opinion, that is offending people so much here? In my decade or so on JKB, Ive been accused of being a fence-sitter with no strong opinion either way, a happy clapper, and now apparently I’m too negative?

Some place this.

33 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Be interesting to see if Jamie Walker can last a maximum of 1 hour (but mainly 45 mins) without aerobically falling to pieces & looking like a marathon runner who's hit the wall with 4 miles still left to go. Probably the most unfit player I've seen in years - which leads to poor decision making & performance.

He doesn't seem the brightest & our coaches & management failed to identify & work on this issue previously but hopefully he might have learned a thing or 2 while in England. But I sadly doubt it.

I reckon you'd be surprised by his stats! Bear mind that coaches know exactly how much ground each player covers and how hard they push themselves these days, due to modern technology. I'm a bit surprised that people don't find this a good signing, the laddie scores and creates goals - he will be coming back with his tail between his legs and his eyes opened to how good it is at Hearts, I think he'll be a great signing. Time will tell I suppose. 

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The facts are that you have celebrated jamie walker’s name more often than any other Hearts midfielder since rudi skacel in terms of his goals for us. Even more than paul hartley. Imagine if he hadn’t been injured! 

Why not focus on that?

And the bit about Hibs dominating is like we dominated them is nonsense. They have never done that. They have their odd good period now and then before natural order is restored.

Scored more goals than both Hartley and Skacel, while coming through as a kid and also having to deal with a couple of serious injuries. Yet some folk are desperate to claim it's not a great signing. Interesting ...

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bit snidey that. You seem to struggle with people having a different opinion to you regarding the merits of a football player, and automatically jump on the ‘must be an ulterior motive’ train.

Not sure how you are struggling so much with this. I’ve put it a few different ways already in the hope you can grasp it.

I prefer Milinkovic to Walker as a football player, for the multitude of reasons I’ve already given. 

**** me you’re hard work. Just try and accept that people’s opinions differ from yours sometimes. ?

I'm struggling? 

Whooaa there... Fella. 

Wasn't a dig at you. 

Unlike yourself, who has got personal and had a few wee digs at me. 

On this thread - 

He's  been called a prick. 

Folk have said they'd prefer Milinkovic. 

Folk have expressed thier emotions/ views about his hibs performances and the rangers thing. 

My post was a good summary (imo- I'm allowed one too?) of why some folk won't welcome him back and give him a fair chance like Kiwi sumised we should as he's a Hearts player, again. 

Not aimed at you, just a few reasons stated on here why folk won't welcome him or take ri him easily. 

Unless saying he's a prick and that you'd prefer another player over him is how we welcome folk and wish the best for them on here. 

7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Folk have said they'd prefer Milinkovic. 

Folk have expressed thier emotions/ views about his hibs performances

Perfectly legitimate opinions. Ones that I have expressed quite strongly and often. That is why I assumed you were referring to me.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It does happen though. Especially the more 'traditional' element of think nothing of supporting Rangers on Old Firm day.

I myself certainly want Rangers to win on old firm day. Doesn't make me a supporter. Or a "traditional" fan as you put it.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Be interesting to see if Jamie Walker can last a maximum of 1 hour (but mainly 45 mins) without aerobically falling to pieces & looking like a marathon runner who's hit the wall with 4 miles still left to go. Probably the most unfit player I've seen in years - which leads to poor decision making & performance.

He doesn't seem the brightest & our coaches & management failed to identify & work on this issue previously but hopefully he might have learned a thing or 2 while in England. But I sadly doubt it.

Coaches can do many things to improve players but making them brighter is asking too much I think. ?

davemclaren
Just now, farin said:

I can assure everyone on here that Jamie comes from a good jambo family & was brought up a jambo along with his brothers by his auld man fly.

Lets give the guy a chance to redeem himself instead of slaughtering him on here before he’s even kicked a ball for us. 

Correct.

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, farin said:

I can assure everyone on here that Jamie comes from a good jambo family & was brought up a jambo along with his brothers by his auld man fly.

Lets give the guy a chance to redeem himself instead of slaughtering him on here before he’s even kicked a ball for us. 

Right you, get out, get out now! There's no place for folk like you on this board. Comming on here with your fair minded, well thought out , Hearts minded positive shit. Be off with you. We dont need your kind here. Its folk like you spoil a good lynching. Makes me bloody sick???

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Talking of humble pie and back tracking just google Jamie Walker Jambos Kickback :lol: “don’t want him back, loves the huns not fit, Peterborough Sub etc etc”. “Welcome home Jamie” :lol: at least some are consistent in their views though.

If Aberdeen has signed Walker and wanted Gauld the majority on here would be saying both are injury prone and been shite for years. 

My view on Walker - great potential back in the day and wanted to move on to make ££ for his family, it doesn’t make him a bad guy.  What is concerning is everyone is forgetting his legs are made of glass at the best of times and the club has just came off a massive injury crisis in the first place absolutely dying out for consistency next season yet people want not only Jamie Walker back (fair enough he’s done it before) but also a guy not good enough over the road and has been injured the best part of four years? How is that going to help get a balance of consistency? The club don’t need punts after three years of underachieving and losing lots of money on speculative punts.  Olly Lee the latest in a long line “oh he wants to go home, he’s not settled” there’s always an excuse. 

So Lee has settled fine then?

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, farin said:

Its kb, drivel’s a speciality on here sometimes. ?

Kb scaffold behind the wheatfield, make the players try harder. ? 

Brilliant idea, maybe a half time hand count. That would focus the mind. 

Inch Hearts
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So Lee has settled fine then?

I’ve absolutely no idea as much of the next person.  What I do know is he’s not good enough something that will be swept when he leaves for what people will suggest is other reasons. 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

3) I will support him like I do every Hearts player who gives their all for the team.

Quite why folk have such an issue with me not being desperate to rewrite history and pretend he was a superstar in the latter period of his first term with us, I don’t know.

Is there some kind of issue with folk not wanting to hear opposing views to their own? Is the game to keep on trying to wear me down until I change my opinion of a player who I have watched playing for us from a teenager to the day he left? ?

What exactly is it about my views and opinion, that is offending people so much here? In my decade or so on JKB, Ive been accused of being a fence-sitter with no strong opinion either way, a happy clapper, and now apparently I’m too negative?

Some place this.

Nah you’re bang on! I agree with you100% 

Seems some have short memories but hey ho.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I’ve absolutely no idea as much of the next person.  What I do know is he’s not good enough something that will be swept when he leaves for what people will suggest is other reasons. 

Ok, you are assuming he is leaving because Levein doesn’t think he is good enough rather than personal reasons?

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ok, you are assuming he is leaving because Levein doesn’t think he is good enough rather than personal reasons?

Based on last season and the signings made my opinion is he isn’t good enough.  

TyphoonJambo
Just now, farin said:

Do the vote by text, once he’s been picked the club send this out to the mob. ?

2A706543-3A87-4079-9675-74E27B721C2E.thumb.jpeg.a0fce13bb51a0339861a287a3f587e39.jpeg

And this weeks rope sponsor is.............. Jkb. 

The board of hmfc would like to send out their heartfelt apologies to the players family and a huge thank you to jkb for their balanced, insightful footballing advice and financial support for the small mobile gallows and stout rope. 

Mind, no standing during the hanging, its dangerous. 

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Based on last season and the signings made my opinion is he isn’t good enough.  

That’s fair enough. I have doubts about him as well but he could still be leaving for personal/family reasons. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can’t actually. Struggling to find examples of what you are on about. Am I included in this profile?

Do you have a persecution complex?

My perfectly legitimate opinion is that bell chiefs exist on this board and spout drivel. Whether or not my perfectly legitimate opinion includes you in that group is frankly none of your business.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

My perfectly legitimate opinion is that bell chiefs exist on this board and spout drivel. Whether or not my perfectly legitimate opinion includes you in that group is frankly none of your business.

tumblr_ms5cvuHgJu1qzkkr1o1_500.gif

11 minutes ago, JyTees said:

:rofl:

Nae bother big man. Have a nice day, mate.

siegementality
2 hours ago, farin said:

So he does need to redeem himself then?

50 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

tumblr_ms5cvuHgJu1qzkkr1o1_500.gif

What's not in doubt Frank, is that you definitely belong to that group. In fact you're chief bell chief. 

14 minutes ago, farin said:

Of course he does, let’s not be stupid here. There’s a section of the support looking for him to make it up to them in some way. Just as there’s a section delighted he’s back. 

There's a few throbbers on here who are looking for some redemption

There's a lot more folk that go to games that will back him on the pitch .

Just now, jambocub said:

There's a few throbbers on here who are looking for some redemption

There's a lot more folk that go to games that will back him on the pitch .

And there’s a few folk on here who either can’t read, or are too stupid to understand written English.

Alex Kintner
46 minutes ago, JyTees said:

What's not in doubt Frank, is that you definitely belong to that group. In fact you're chief bell chief. 

giphy.gif

Clerry Jambo

Mothy you are all over this thread I think we get your opinions on Jamie returning. Plus I think we all realise that Jamie had a poor end to his previous stint at Hearts but what the lad done previously shouldn’t be forgotten either. He has a chance to get back playing again and delivering what he is capable of including scoring goals. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Mothy you are all over this thread I think we get your opinions on Jamie returning. Plus I think we all realise that Jamie had a poor end to his previous stint at Hearts but what the lad done previously shouldn’t be forgotten either. He has a chance to get back playing again and delivering what he is capable of including scoring goals. 

Agree! Didn't want him to come back but now he has gotta get behind him and the team 

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I agree. Now we just need some others to get their heads around that, and we can all move on. ?

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Some place this.

Why focus on the supposed “bottling it” and not the 40-odd goals though?

Every player has lean spells, including Walker but he’s actually been one of our most consistently good youngsters.

siegementality
5 hours ago, farin said:

Of course he does, let’s not be stupid here. There’s a section of the support looking for him to make it up to them in some way. Just as there’s a section delighted he’s back. 

To some people - me included - he was shameless in the way he tried to ingratiate himself to Rangers. His actions at the time were - to say the least - embarrassing.

He has shown some humility in his interviews, that’s a start. I’m not delighted he is back, but he’s back. If he tries his best I’ll back him 100%.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

To some people - me included - he was shameless in the way he tried to ingratiate himself to Rangers. His actions at the time were - to say the least - embarrassing.

He has shown some humility in his interviews, that’s a start. I’m not delighted he is back, but he’s back. If he tries his best I’ll back him 100%.

:spoton:

The silent majority who never post on here turn up every week wanting Hearts to do well.  Makes their day when they do.

It's always been the case and it always will be.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Every player has lean spells, including Walker but he’s actually been one of our most consistently good youngsters.

The bottling bit gets aimed at him from the Cathro spell.  Fact is, I remember one of Walker’s last derbies (under Levein) at Easter Road. (1-0 defeat) 

Walker is hardly the most graceful or greatest tacklers but from the start it was him throwing himself into tackles, closing down, putting effort in you expect of others in midfield. There was games at Tynecastle towards the end of the 16/17 season he was tracking back into full back areas looking frustrated during a time the Cathro effect was in full swing. 

Any player needs to work but should a player who’s best area is the last third need to be compensating so much? He did in a disjointed, confidence sapped team. 

But it’s convenient to say he never worked hard to maintain the image it was all about him engineering a move away.  Not denying he never tailed off though but he seems to get singled out massively. I suppose that happens to good players who supporters think should be providing every week.

Yet, they’ll say give time to some utter dross.  

12 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I agreed with this earlier. See below:

12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree. Now we just need some others to get their heads around that, and we can all move on. ?

I agree it’s time to move on, as I have multiple times on the thread. I have made my point, and I want him to now do well in a Hearts shirt. Then this happens:

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I ignore the post, despite disagreeing with the premise, in the spirit of “moving on” and not dwelling on the “negative”. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

The bottling bit gets aimed at him from the Cathro spell.  Fact is, I remember one of Walker’s last derbies (under Levein) at Easter Road. (1-0 defeat) 

Walker is hardly the most graceful or greatest tacklers but from the start it was him throwing himself into tackles, closing down, putting effort in you expect of others in midfield. There was games at Tynecastle towards the end of the 16/17 season he was tracking back into full back areas looking frustrated during a time the Cathro effect was in full swing. 

Any player needs to work but should a player who’s best area is the last third need to be compensating so much? He did in a disjointed, confidence sapped team. 

But it’s convenient to say he never worked hard to maintain the image it was all about him engineering a move away.  Not denying he never tailed off though but he seems to get singled out massively. I suppose that happens to good players who supporters think should be providing every week.

Yet, they’ll say give time to some utter dross.  

Then you reply with this, and back around the dance-floor we go. 

I’m happy to move on and stop concentrating on the negatives, as long as folk are prepared to stop airbrushing the negative parts out, and insinuating that the only reason people aren’t delighted, is because of the Rangers carry on.

I am happy to move on and shut up about it, supporting the lad as he restarts his Hearts career. I’d much rather do that than constantly have to justify the reasons why I’m not keen on him. Let’s do that.

Welcome back Jamie. I hope you are an absolute star this time around.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agreed with this earlier. See below:

I agree it’s time to move on, as I have multiple times on the thread. I have made my point, and I want him to now do well in a Hearts shirt. Then this happens:

I ignore the post, despite disagreeing with the premise, in the spirit of “moving on” and not dwelling on the “negative”. 

Then you reply with this, and back around the dance-floor we go. 

I’m happy to move on and stop concentrating on the negatives, as long as folk are prepared to stop airbrushing the negative parts out, and insinuating that the only reason people aren’t delighted, is because of the Rangers carry on.

I am happy to move on and shut up about it, supporting the lad as he restarts his Hearts career. I’d much rather do that than constantly have to justify the reasons why I’m not keen on him. Let’s do that.

Welcome back Jamie. I hope you are an absolute star this time around.

Yeah I agree this thread has been silly for half a dozen pages at least now :lol: 

We can all be critical of players I dig Sean Clare out regular but I’d love nothing more than him to ram it all down my throat and produce the goods week in week out as you would with Jamie Walker. 

This thread needs to die now??

Edited by jack D and coke

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah I agree this thread has been silly for half a dozen pages at least now :lol: 

We can all be critical of players I dig Sean Clare out regular but I’d love nothing more than him to ram it all down my throat and produce the goods week in week out as you would with Jamie Walker. 

This thread needs to die now??

What has been is gone. A new start. ?

colinmaroon
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What has been is gone. A new start. ?

I hope you're not talking about this thread? 

I am so disappointed that JW has returned. Why oh why? He left under a cloud and did not reach his potential with Wigan. Rangers fans are so glad "he didn't come home"

So according to Walker, the club are partly to blame for the Rangers saga. He doesn't go in to why it was partly the clubs fault though. As far as I can tell, we told Rangers to pony up or **** off. Not sure how any blame lies at the clubs feet for that. 

If you want to try and get yourself back in to the good books, that's not that way I'd go about it. He's doing himself no favours with me when he comes out with that shite. It ended badly, we move on is what he should have stuck with. This whole "There was mistakes made on both sides" does nothing to make me think he's learned his lesson, and if he comes good again and Der Hun come sniffing a 2nd time, I'm not confident he'll not down tools a 2nd time. 

Not confident this will end well at all. 

Edited by Normthebarman

i wish jj was my dad

As Norm says Jamie does himself no favours publicly expressing a view that the club were somehow at fault for him hitching his skirt to the huns. He has it all to prove. 

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

So according to Walker, the club are partly to blame for the Rangers saga. He doesn't go in to why it was partly the clubs fault though. As far as I can tell, we told Rangers to pony up or **** off. Not sure how any blame lies at the clubs feet for that. 

If you want to try and get yourself back in to the good books, that's not that way I'd go about it. He's doing himself no favours with me when he comes out with that shite. It ended badly, we move on is what he should have stuck with. This whole "There was mistakes made on both sides" does nothing to make me think he's learned his lesson, and if he comes good again and Der Hun come sniffing a 2nd time, I'm not confident he'll not down tools a 2nd time. 

Not confident this will end well at all. 

Oviously not the sharpest card in the pack with comments like this. Maybe he should just train hard and produce the goods on the pitch instead of coming out with this sort of rubbish.