Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not what we needed.

Ho hum.

Gives us something new to argue about though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

siegementality
27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can just imagine them all stony-faced at his first game, just waiting for an excuse to shout at him then pretending to be happy when he scores a raker.

There’s more worthwhile things to imagine.

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yep. Really.

It’s funny how people abuse pressley, a man who gave his all for this club, on and off the field 

yet welcome back walker with open arms. 

A man who downed tools and gave up on the club he supposedly loves. 

He may well have a great season at Tynecastle but at what cost? What happens when some other club comes calling again. 

I’ve no problem with players leaving hearts but the way he did it left a bitter taste. 

But I guess I’m the prick. 

Apart from the dozen or so roasters that have a problem , and the other dozen or so roasters that don’t even go to the games , I’ll wager the majority of supporters are delighted. 

Outstanding to see him back and with SN in the team he will be brilliant I’ve no doubt.

Been torn on this since it was rumoured a few days ago. This laddie was chucked in far too early when we were up against it in admin. Played out of his skin then and looked such a prospect. Head turned about big money and was half the player and was a passenger for months.  No doubt he had talent, needs to prove fitness and commitment as many doubt he has either

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Gives us something new to argue about though.

Not really. That presupposes I care about what you post.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

It’s funny how people abuse pressley, a man who gave his all for this club, on and off the field 

He may well have a great season at Tynecastle but at what cost? What happens when some other club comes calling again. 

I’ve no problem with players leaving hearts but the way he did it left a bitter taste. 

Made the same point earlier re Pressley. Hypocrites and double standards eh. 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Apart from the dozen or so roasters that have a problem , and the other dozen or so roasters that don’t even go to the games , I’ll wager the majority of supporters are delighted. 

Outstanding to see him back and with SN in the team he will be brilliant I’ve no doubt.

Tbf if anyone’s a roaster it was JW. Some people carrying on as if he’s the messiah but considering he’s hardly kicked a ball since he left time will tell.

siegementality
9 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Made the same point earlier re Pressley. Hypocrites and double standards eh. 

Tbf if anyone’s a roaster it was JW. Some people carrying on as if he’s the messiah but considering he’s hardly kicked a ball since he left time will tell.

Big Kevin Kyle must have been mixed up!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1294173/hearts-star-jamie-walkers-wish-for-a-move-to-rangers-isnt-about-money-he-wants-to-play-for-his-boyhood-heroes-says-kevin-kyle/

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

You’re right he must’ve “cos JW is one of us” ??‍♂️ 

No doubt big Kyle will be a prick and a roaster now though.

58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can just imagine them all stony-faced at his first game, just waiting for an excuse to shout at him then pretending to be happy when he scores a raker.

I’ll be honest, that was me when Webster, Stevo and others came back. Then I saw they were both giving everything for the jersey and I pretty much forgot the previous. As I mentioned earlier, if Jamie gives his all - which, from the interview, he seems to realise is the minimum expected - and uses his ability, pretty much everyone will be happy. It’s up to him now. 

43 minutes ago, siegementality said:

He got sent off in the 90th minute, and, if memory serves me right, making a tackle on the half way line that didn’t need to be made. It was the most deliberate sending off you will ever see. That’s why a significant section of the Hearts support turned against him. To suggest that it was because his team mates didn’t give a toss about getting beat is complete bollox. 

You believe what u want mate too suggest he deliberately tried to get himself sent off so he didn't need to play against rangers is pathetic have a wee think about what u are saying what does he prove by getting himself sent off deliberately against Aberdeen in your eyes btw this is how the table stood when he got sent off 

Screenshot_20190629-011335.png

30 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Not at all.

Let's see how many games he plays next season, yet alone good games.  He has literally played no games of football in 2019.

Sceptical-Hippo.jpg

Just catching up on this thread and one thing sticks out like a sore thumb. There seem to be a few on here that have no problem regarding the way his first stint ended. Now that’s fair enough, but why are these same few queuing up to slate those who did/do have a problem with the way things went? From rewriting history (he never tried to get sent off v Aberdeen? Eh, aye he did) to calling folk roasters, it seems the Jamie Walker fan club are here to shout down anyone who didn’t like the way JW left the club. Very strange, and totally unnecessary. 

If punters are annoyed at previous events then it’s only because they care about Heart of Midlothian. How can that be used as a stick to beat them with ffs?

He’s back, he’s got my support even though I thought he acted like a wee prick back then, and as Cathro would say, “we move on”. But let’s no castigate fellow Hearts fans for admitting they want a better attitude from Walker than the one he showed prior to leaving...because it’s the very least they deserve. 

49 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I don’t abuse Pressley I defend him. 

So you’re not talking about me.

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just catching up on this thread and one thing sticks out like a sore thumb. There seem to be a few on here that have no problem regarding the way his first stint ended. Now that’s fair enough, but why are these same few queuing up to slate those who did/do have a problem with the way things went? From rewriting history (he never tried to get sent off v Aberdeen? Eh, aye he did) to calling folk roasters, it seems the Jamie Walker fan club are here to shout down anyone who didn’t like the way JW left the club. Very strange, and totally unnecessary. 

If punters are annoyed at previous events then it’s only because they care about Heart of Midlothian. How can that be used as a stick to beat them with ffs?

He’s back, he’s got my support even though I thought he acted like a wee prick back then, and as Cathro would say, “we move on”. But let’s no castigate fellow Hearts fans for admitting they want a better attitude from Walker than the one he showed prior to leaving...because it’s the very least they deserve. 

Great sensible post, well put and spot on! ??

Edited by It should have been ten

Brighton Jambo

He tried his hand elsewhere and it didn’t work out.  

Welcome back young man.

if we as a club adopt that attitude then who knows  maybe that allows us to attract quality players at either end of their career plan.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Indeed.  

I support Hearts, not Jamie Walker.

I  genuinely hope he does well, and I'm all for second chances, but the way he left still doesn't sit right.  Mainly as he was supposed to be "One of us".

Look at Souttar.  He is not a Hearts fan, or "One of us".  Yet, he has shown more loyalty.

It’s hysterical - I get a hard time for giving other “fellow Hearts” fans shit on here, when our own fans say much much worse things about our own players.

Its ****ed up.

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I don’t abuse Pressley I defend him. 

So you’re not talking about me.

Pressley is a Hearts legend.    Fact!

It should have been ten
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Pressley is a Hearts legend.    Fact!

100% this!!

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

100% this!!

My perception, is the towel brigade don't like to admit this and has nothing to do with football.

Stephen Muddie
5 hours ago, TheStig said:

Is Scottish football so bad, a highly rated player, at the time,  can't even cut it at wigan. Hopefully he can get some kind of rhythm back and improve us. Our dud list is starting to get out of hand.

In a word, no... Just look at all the pish players up here who do well there. Look elsewhere... Strna, Dauda, Bjorn Johnsen, Pinilla, the Greek boys Cathro brought etc blah. Some players just do better in some places than others, or even at some clubs in a certain position (Sir Rudolf). Look at certain big names from down south who've flopped here, the most recent being Barton who thought he'd stroll it.

We are quick to slag off our game. No doubt it's a hundred times poorer financed from the British public than the important Brits' league, however it's never a simple matter comparing the Championship with SPL on a like-for-like. Worlds apart financially, yes, but a) that's an unfair agenda at play and bee) the difference between a 20k p/w championship player and a 2k pw SPL journeyman is never a factor of ten. Sometime the North UK journeyman is the better player.

This is the article (at foot of post) which led me to write all this, read it a few weeks ago and was surprised to see Sol Bombscare Bambi playing nearly a full season of EPL. Hope for anyone based on that, maybe even me.

I have a feeling that Walker will do good things for us. We look strong again. I'd like a proven finisher and a niggly barsteward of some kind before season's start (kill two birds with one stone if it's Cumdog or big Laff). Another GK if there's one available within budget maybe, but hardly a pressing priority. Another defender if Souttar is sold also, but we look good. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/every-ex-hearts-and-hibs-player-who-has-featured-for-english-teams-this-season-and-how-they-ve-fared-1-4927695

Watt-Zeefuik

It's a funny one.

He absolutely made a mistake in thinking he was better than he was. He forced his way into a move that wasn't advantageous for him, which was a bad look.

At the same time, though, at the time he'd been at a single club for, what, over a decade? And not a very pleasant decade, with the ragged end of Vlad's tenure, the admin year, the rebuilding year in the Championship, then the Cathro fiasco. I can't blame him for wanting a bit more stability than he had during the rockiest decade at the club in probably 75 years, and also wanting to just see what it was like at other clubs.

The hand-wringing over the social media stuff always annoyed me. The sum total of it that I could ever see was that he "liked" a few instagram posts that rubbed some folks the wrong way. Then there was the picture of the boy in the Rangers scarf who was a dead ringer for Walker -- except that Walker has detached earlobes and the guy in the picture has attached ones. (The funny things you remember from genetics class.) So it wasn't him.

There's no question he got his head turned, and I don't blame Hearts fans for getting frustrated with him, but some of the stuff at the end got obsessive and over the top. We got a fee out of his transfer, he got paid, and now he's back, having almost certainly walked away from a considerable amount of cash in order to get back to playing.

If you love someone, set them free and all that. I don't particularly love Jamie Walker, but he was one of our best players during that awful admin year and has scored some great goals for us. I hope it works out this time around.

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Jamie Walker is the quintessential girlfriend that left, then got fat

But good memories of pumping her, so when she called up, you were in like a rat down a drainpipe. Several pumpings later the pounds are falling off :winkiss:

4 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

But good memories of pumping her, so when she called up, you were in like a rat down a drainpipe. Several pumpings later the pounds are falling off :winkiss:

30 games max in the 3 year contract.

30 games equates to 90 minutes played.

£50 to Kickbacks choice of charity if I'm wrong.  £25 if correct

Edited by Lovecraft

Stephen Muddie
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

30 games max in the 3 year contract.

30 games equates to 90 minutes played.

£50 to Kickbacks choice of charity if I'm wrong.  £25 if correct

Go for it, I'm not really bothered. He's here now so he will do good or he won't, but I'd be surprised if he did no good... I'd be shocked if he only managed 10 games per year too. But you crack on with what you're doing, it's supposedly a free society.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Personally, I'm delighted JW is back at Hearts. He's one of the most talented players to come all the way through our academy. Who gives a rats rrs who he mibbies aye/mibbies naw supports, he's always been a Jambo to me. 

People getting their fishnets in a twist bout his head getting turned before he left are just immature drama queens (get over yersel dumbasses, this shit happens all the time in pro football).

We know JW is a quality player. We know CL will not tolerate a lackadaisical approach. So, the odds are, that JW will perform and add a quality that we have lacked.

It might not work out but it might just give us a diamond that will pay dividends.

Drama queens, stop yer greetin and get on board the JW train, like it or lump it he's a hearts player now!

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

I'm sure he was on a shit load more cash than he ever was or will be at Hearts, so probably won't regret going there.

I know cash isn't everything but he'll probably be a hell of a lot better off financially than he was 18 months ago.

Probably, I wouldn’t think he’s made his fortune though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47130248

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, siegementality said:

He got sent off in the 90th minute, and, if memory serves me right, making a tackle on the half way line that didn’t need to be made. It was the most deliberate sending off you will ever see. That’s why a significant section of the Hearts support turned against him. To suggest that it was because his team mates didn’t give a toss about getting beat is complete bollox. 

My memory of it was that wee snidey ******* Shinnie dived and squealed to get him another yellow, and then shook his hand. He did make mistakes in his attempts to get a move to Rangers, that would’ve paid hi a lot more than he earned in league 1 with Wigan. In 2015 he was in the Tynie Arms singing “**** you Rangers the Hearts have won the league”. He’s back so let’s get behind him, hopefully Naismith can help him achieve his potential. 

6 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

punters are annoyed at previous events then it’s only because they care about Heart of Midlothian. How can that be used as a stick to beat them with ffs?

Fair point. But surely as he’s he now back playing for Hearts we should all get behind him, not slag him off.

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Only the pricks.

Uh-huh. 

This isn’t a Phressley situation he liked an Instagram post, lost a bit of form and left. I still don’t think it was a bad decision for him. Sometimes you need to see what you’ve lost to appreciate it. He’d been here since he was 10, we had a bell end in charge, he maybe felt a change was the right thing and it’s not worked out, it happens, but he’s home. 

It should see us get a really fresh and motivated Jamie Walker and we all know he can deliver for us. 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

My memory of it was that wee snidey ******* Shinnie dived and squealed to get him another yellow, and then shook his hand. He did make mistakes in his attempts to get a move to Rangers, that would’ve paid hi a lot more than he earned in league 1 with Wigan. In 2015 he was in the Tynie Arms singing “**** you Rangers the Hearts have won the league”. He’s back so let’s get behind him, hopefully Naismith can help him achieve his potential. 

Brain fart here, did Walker leave before or after we got Naismith?

Regardless, I think out of everyone, Naismith is exactly the sort of character to ground Walker. All the nonsense he went through leaving Rangers and the stick he got, hopefully he can help Walker get his head in the game here.

10 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

So let’s then use this ratio of a goal involvement every 2.5 games (40 goals and 35 assists in 180 games) as a measure of his successful return and his commitment.

If if he can achieve this level of form then I will be delighted and overjoyed.

And I will very quickly and gladly forget about his attitude and his behaviours that he showed once the huns and his manipulative agent turned his head.

As they say, the ball is now in your court Mr Jamie Walker, show me and convince me.

Then I will appreciate you and applaud you like I did before the huns and your agent corrupted your mind.

Wonder how those stats would compare to Djoum’s?

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

My perception, is the towel brigade don't like to admit this and has nothing to do with football.

My perception is the same as yours bud ??

8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not really. That presupposes I care about what you post.

Ouch - kitty scratches! I was talking "us" generally, not you and me...

siegementality
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

It's a funny one.

He absolutely made a mistake in thinking he was better than he was. He forced his way into a move that wasn't advantageous for him, which was a bad look.

At the same time, though, at the time he'd been at a single club for, what, over a decade? And not a very pleasant decade, with the ragged end of Vlad's tenure, the admin year, the rebuilding year in the Championship, then the Cathro fiasco. I can't blame him for wanting a bit more stability than he had during the rockiest decade at the club in probably 75 years, and also wanting to just see what it was like at other clubs.

The hand-wringing over the social media stuff always annoyed me. The sum total of it that I could ever see was that he "liked" a few instagram posts that rubbed some folks the wrong way. Then there was the picture of the boy in the Rangers scarf who was a dead ringer for Walker -- except that Walker has detached earlobes and the guy in the picture has attached ones. (The funny things you remember from genetics class.) So it wasn't him.

There's no question he got his head turned, and I don't blame Hearts fans for getting frustrated with him, but some of the stuff at the end got obsessive and over the top. We got a fee out of his transfer, he got paid, and now he's back, having almost certainly walked away from a considerable amount of cash in order to get back to playing.

If you love someone, set them free and all that. I don't particularly love Jamie Walker, but he was one of our best players during that awful admin year and has scored some great goals for us. I hope it works out this time around.

????????It was Jamie Walker?????????

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Uh-huh. 

This isn’t a Phressley situation he liked an Instagram post, lost a bit of form and left. I still don’t think it was a bad decision for him. Sometimes you need to see what you’ve lost to appreciate it. He’d been here since he was 10, we had a bell end in charge, he maybe felt a change was the right thing and it’s not worked out, it happens, but he’s home. 

It should see us get a really fresh and motivated Jamie Walker and we all know he can deliver for us. 

?

Good luck to the lad. I'll be 100% behind him.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

?

Good luck to the lad. I'll be 100% behind him.

Aye bud, looking forward to watching him again.:)

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think a player who will score goals and create goals will benefit the squad?

You're assuming he will score and create goals. While he was certainly an excellent player in his first spell (excluding his last year), he hasn't done anything since. 

Also, just because someone did something once, doesn't mean they're going to be able to do the same again to the same standard. 

As I said, hope to be proved wrong but at this moment, I don't see him adding much to the current squad. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For avoidance of doubt, my disappointment in this signing has nothing to do with any form of social media, alleged or otherwise.

Fair enough Geoff.. I’m talking about those crying about the fact he wanted a move to the huns.. 

on the the real debate a second to whether he’s a player or not, not many players with his talent available in that position, one of our own, something to prove, loves a taker.. worthwhile to take the chance imo

It should have been ten
23 minutes ago, siegementality said:

????????It was Jamie Walker?????????

Detached ear lobes though ?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

You're assuming he will score and create goals. While he was certainly an excellent player in his first spell (excluding his last year), he hasn't done anything since. 

Also, just because someone did something once, doesn't mean they're going to be able to do the same again to the same standard. 

As I said, hope to be proved wrong but at this moment, I don't see him adding much to the current squad. 

Who knows?

But when we have threads where people are trying to big-up players co-signed from YouTube videos of Ghanaian public parks, I am a lot happier with this kind of ‘project’. 

It should have been ten
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fair enough Geoff.. I’m talking about those crying about the fact he wanted a move to the huns.. 

on the the real debate a second to whether he’s a player or not, not many players with his talent available in that position, one of our own, something to prove, loves a taker.. worthwhile to take the chance imo

Don't think anyone is crying or begrudged him wanting a move to the huns or anyone else for that matter. It was the way he went about it whilst still being employed by our club that was the issue! I support Hearts not Jamie Walker.

Edited by It should have been ten

Good news.

None of us have a crystal ball so no point in predicting ! As for the past...**** it, it’s gone.

If he gives it 100%, which i’m sure he will, then good.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Good news.

None of us have a crystal ball so no point in predicting ! As for the past...**** it, it’s gone.

If he gives it 100%, which i’m sure he will, then good.

Indeed. As long as his famed "dodgy knees" are ok then I have no problem with this signing. Proven talent.

His pace and shooting prowess was second to none. Looking forward to him getting his confidence back and really doing something with this hearts team as it’s far more skilful than before - just lacks pace. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

We have some right vaginas in our support.. 

if i played for hearts and got paid £2k per week and rangers offered me £10k (all figures are made up for the purpose of this lecture) is do whatever it took, and if kids their ****ing badge.. 

anyone who who says they wouldn’t is either a liar, or to young to come to the realisation that they’d do it as well..

welcome back jamie Walker, one of our own.. 

Correct - vaginas and pricks: a perfect match.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

For avoidance of doubt, my disappointment in this signing has nothing to do with any form of social media, alleged or otherwise.

Given the stats I referred to and quoted above the question hasn’t to be - why?

If someone else wants to ask geoff this feel free - he either has me on ignore or pretends that he does.