Walker returns ( updated )

Section Q

49 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Certainly wouldnt have offered him 3 years.

Needs to try harder on the pitch for me.

Time will tell.

Who do we have that’s better than him Apart from a fit Naismith 

Walker is a tremendous  player absolutely delighted at this news 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

23 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Not that impressed tbh. Can't see him adding much if anything to the squad. Hope to be proved wrong. 

You will be 

Comes across as such an awkward wee laddie who doesn’t have any self worth or belief. Shame. Hope he can find top form and get his confidence back.

Let's look at it logically, the way he left was nowhere near as bad as Webster and he became a cup winning legend. 

Also he was involved in 75 goals (40 scored and 35 assists) in 181 games, that's around about a goal involvement every 2.5  games, from midfield. In what was mostly poorly performing teams.

If he can produce that level of performance this time around then I am sure we will quickly forget how it all ended last time. 

siegementality
3 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

A lot of our legends failed in England, come back home and are fantastic deserves the same chance as everyone else to come back and impress, he’ll not make the same mistake twice 

Jamie Walker. Legend. Really?

22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Watched his interview, and while I take it with a pinch of salt as it is a club interview, I get the sense of a guy who knows he has to prove himself. 

I hope we can get the best out of him as if we can, then he is the match winner we need.

I got that from his comments too and it’s the right thing to say - perhaps showing a bit of maturity that lacked at the time he left. He does have to win a lot of fans back over (myself included) but if he gives it everything and shows the ability he has, he’ll do well and we’ll be happy!

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Pricks? Really? 

Yep unreal, totally dismissing that it was JW who was actually the prick ??‍♂️

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Yep unreal, totally dismissing that it was JW who was actually the prick ??‍♂️

True.

A 100% focused on playing for Hearts, fully fit Jamie Walker will be fantastic signing........but is that the Jamie Walker returning to Tynecastle???

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Zico said:

Wasn’t happy with the way he left but I’ve got over other players that dicked us about. Good player for us, plenty ability but done **** all since he left and dodgy knees - so not sure how it’ll work out. However I hope he’s a massive success. 

And as others have suggested, I’d hold off on the badge kissing and tell the missus and old man to stay off social media. 

As i understand it his old man is the main problem, a complete tool. 

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Not that impressed tbh. Can't see him adding much if anything to the squad. Hope to be proved wrong. 

I think you will be pleasantly proved wrong. Once you remember that the squad currently contains Oliver Lee and Oliver Bozanic,  the memories will come flooding back and you'll remember how much better Jamie Walker is. ?

Brave Hearts
46 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Let's look at it logically, the way he left was nowhere near as bad as Webster and he became a cup winning legend. 

Also he was involved in 75 goals (40 scored and 35 assists) in 181 games, that's around about a goal involvement every 2.5  games, from midfield. In what was mostly poorly performing teams.

If he can produce that level of performance this time around then I am sure we will quickly forget how it all ended last time. 

So let’s then use this ratio of a goal involvement every 2.5 games (40 goals and 35 assists in 180 games) as a measure of his successful return and his commitment.

If if he can achieve this level of form then I will be delighted and overjoyed.

And I will very quickly and gladly forget about his attitude and his behaviours that he showed once the huns and his manipulative agent turned his head.

As they say, the ball is now in your court Mr Jamie Walker, show me and convince me.

Then I will appreciate you and applaud you like I did before the huns and your agent corrupted your mind.

3 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Ah ok and did Cathro tell him to get himself sent off to avoid playing Rangers or wait, did Cathro get him to feign injury to avoid playing them in another game ?

He got sent off through frustration some of the players didn't give a toss about getting beat against Aberdeen that day look at the Mince he was playing with too https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39760495&ved=2ahUKEwjPjdDBk43jAhWaiVwKHRJ5AC4QFjAIegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw04LNxdhHNiYgzEaR23V6bj

letsalldothebeattie

A brilliant signing. A Jamie Walker with a point to prove is a massive plus for us and a threat to any side we come up against this season. We’ve seen what he’s capable of when on form if he can hit that form again and hit it fast it’s brilliant for us 

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He's quite a shy guy in real life.

I don't think he enjoys being in front of a camera like that.

yeah agree with that. I was at the POYA when he won the award and he had to make a speech. He was very uncomfortable with that aspect. Not an issue for me and just part of his personality.. Really hope he comes back as the 'old' Jamie. If he does he will be a huge asset. However, he will rightly be judged (by the vast majority) on how he performs..............no more no less . Good luck Jamie 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Fantastic signing - delighted to have him home.

I reckon he’ll thrive playing with Naismith.

Agree with this. We always looked stronger with an in form Walker in the team. The club knows him and he knows what he's coming back to.

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Martin 5-1 said:

Goals from outside the box... we need them big time.

Some goals inside the box would be handy as well. Also some Rooney style goals from our own half would be ideal!

Captain America

I am delighted with this signing.

I was pissed with him from the Aberdeen game and summer before he left, head being turned etc but he is back in Maroon.

He has F all to prove to me, he goes out and be the player we know he is then Hearts benefit so all good with me.

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He got sent off through frustration some of the players didn't give a toss about getting beat against Aberdeen that day look at the Mince he was playing with too https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39760495&ved=2ahUKEwjPjdDBk43jAhWaiVwKHRJ5AC4QFjAIegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw04LNxdhHNiYgzEaR23V6bj

Sowah and Jack Hamilton, enough said! Be very interesting to see how Walker performs in what is quite a settled squad now. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

He scored 40 goals and provided around the same number of assists last time around. Hope this clarifies the matter?

Byyy The Light

Delighted with this! Hope he skooshes it. Can’t ever get my head around grown men acting like 14 year old girls who’ve been dumped when a player leaves a football team.

Maroon Sailor

Wigan was a bad choice in the first place

Not the first Hearts player to flop in England but he had to find out if he could carve out a decent career down there. Now he knows what side his bread is buttered I look forward to him getting his head down and doing the business

17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He scored 40 goals and provided around the same number of assists last time around. Hope this clarifies the matter?

Sound logic. ?

I'm sure he was on a shit load more cash than he ever was or will be at Hearts, so probably won't regret going there.

I know cash isn't everything but he'll probably be a hell of a lot better off financially than he was 18 months ago.

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sowah and Jack Hamilton, enough said! Be very interesting to see how Walker performs in what is quite a settled squad now. 

Spot on?

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Sound logic. ?

You don’t think a player who will score goals and create goals will benefit the squad?

It should have been ten
59 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you say so, nowt to do with who we were playing next. What about when he feigned injury to avoid playing against them..Cathro’s fault too I take it ?

JW’s admitted himself he wasn’t up for it in his last 6 months or so here, lazy and poor attitude in that case not to mention his cringeworthy social media antics. 

Hopefully he’s grown up a bit since then.

Edited by It should have been ten

siegementality
4 hours ago, Prof said:

All this talk of JW having to convince fans is nonsense. Do they mean the fans that streamed out of Tynecastle well before the end of the last game of the season or those who booed the team at every opportunity? He’s a Jambo and that should be enough.

How many of the fans that streamed out or booed whored themselves to Rangers? 

How many of those Hearts fans turned up at Rangers games wearing Rangers scarfs?

How many of them liked everything Rangers related on social media and made digs at Celtic?

Walker does need to convince a section of the Hearts support. I for one will not forget him deliberately getting sent off against Aberdeen so he didn’t have to face Rangers.

To suggest that he should simply turn up an all be forgiven is frankly bollox. 

hearts 4 the cup

The team last year lacked creativity when Naismith didn’t play - Walker is a creative player. A real number 10 (always thought this was his best position, doesn’t have the attributes to be a top winger) and will add real creativity to the midfield which will hopefully allow Naismith to play further forward. This is a great bit of business I think, especially on a 3 year deal 

It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

How many of those Hearts fans turned up at Rangers games wearing Rangers scarfs?

How many of them liked everything Rangers related on social media and made digs at Celtic?

Walker does need to convince a section of the Hearts support. I for one will not forget him deliberately getting sent off against Aberdeen so he didn’t have to face Rangers.

:spoton:

14 minutes ago, siegementality said:

What were the digs at Celtic?

slashishere
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not what we needed.

Ho hum.

I’d suggest that yet another post from you is what we don’t need but I know that’s not going to change anything 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Can just imagine them all stony-faced at his first game, just waiting for an excuse to shout at him then pretending to be happy when he scores a raker.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A proven goal scoring midfielder?

Not going to reiterate my posts from earlier. Others have said the same.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, slashishere said:

I’d suggest that yet another post from you is what we don’t need but I know that’s not going to change anything 

Badoom tish! ?

siegementality
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He got sent off in the 90th minute, and, if memory serves me right, making a tackle on the half way line that didn’t need to be made. It was the most deliberate sending off you will ever see. That’s why a significant section of the Hearts support turned against him. To suggest that it was because his team mates didn’t give a toss about getting beat is complete bollox. 

3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

‘I’m over the moon to be back’

yeah, you don’t look it. 

Like how Sow never celebrated a goal?

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A proven goal scoring midfielder?

A goal or assist roughly every 2nd game in the SPL? Sounds ok to me.

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Like how Sow never celebrated a goal?

Plenty celebrations there for your viewing pleasure 

siegementality
24 minutes ago, Whatever said:

What were the digs at Celtic?

He put some shite on social media when PSG pumped them 5-0 at Parkhead at the time he was whoring himself to Rangers. It was all over their forums and they were lapping it up. 

So, unless it was to ingratiate yourself to the Rangers support why else would a professional footballer do that? (I’ll accept the answer that it’s because he’s a half wit).