5 Year plan - regressed.

UcheGang

It was 81/82 wasn't it but we didn't get promoted until 82/83. 

The difference in players salaries was far less, Celtic and Rangers maybe a bit more but not much and certainly not the tenfold or worse we have now. The big incentive for players back then was the win bonus. If you speak to guys like Eamonn Bannon they will tell you the basic at Dundee Utd was rubbish but the bonus made a massive difference to your wage. 

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It was 81/82 wasn't it but we didn't get promoted until 82/83. 

The difference in players salaries was far less, Celtic and Rangers maybe a bit more but not much and certainly not the tenfold or worse we have now. The big incentive for players back then was the win bonus. If you speak to guys like Eamonn Bannon they will tell you the basic at Dundee Utd was rubbish but the bonus made a massive difference to your wage. 

The bonus part is certainly true, I remember Mercer mentioning it, I think it was on the "Back from the brink" video as we went on a long unbeaten run and it was costing him a fortune.

Watt-Zeefuik

On the football side, I chalk the shortcomings this year up to two things -- Cathro and injuries. Everyone at the club, including both Cathro and Neilson after they left, have made it quite clear that the head coach was given fairly broad authority to recruit and select players. The players we signed under Cathro were disastrous, and he ran off several solid squad players, and the combination required a complete rebuild after he left.

Every club has injuries but losing Naismith killed our early energy and Berra never looked right after he came back.

Every season someone is calling for a complete clear-out, ignoring that Aberdeen's recent successes came after a long period of stability at the club which allowed McInnes to accumulate players who grew increasingly comfortable in his system. Recruits like Clare, WIghton, and Edwards are clearly just coming into their own, and our best round of academy graduates are just now reaching the age where their bodies can hold up to regular first team action.

The season's fast start and the cup final show what this squad is capable of when everything comes together. I'd far prefer to stay the course at least through Christmas before consigning next season to yet another transitional/rebuild year, which it unquestionably would be with a new manager. For one thing, the chances of a league trophy, while they're never going to be terribly high, are probably better next season than they've been in a while, with Lenny at Parkhead and Rangers still skint.

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

The bonus part is certainly true, I remember Mercer mentioning it, I think it was on the "Back from the brink" video as we went on a long unbeaten run and it was costing him a fortune.

Remember us coming back up and winning the first 5 games I think it was. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Still no link from the OP about the 5 year plan on which his whole post and this thread are based?!

See page one I quoted the only bit relevant that talks about a 5year plan and that was the commercial/infrastructure side

24 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

On the football side, I chalk the shortcomings this year up to two things -- Cathro and injuries. Everyone at the club, including both Cathro and Neilson after they left, have made it quite clear that the head coach was given fairly broad authority to recruit and select players. The players we signed under Cathro were disastrous, and he ran off several solid squad players, and the combination required a complete rebuild after he left.

Every club has injuries but losing Naismith killed our early energy and Berra never looked right after he came back.

Every season someone is calling for a complete clear-out, ignoring that Aberdeen's recent successes came after a long period of stability at the club which allowed McInnes to accumulate players who grew increasingly comfortable in his system. Recruits like Clare, WIghton, and Edwards are clearly just coming into their own, and our best round of academy graduates are just now reaching the age where their bodies can hold up to regular first team action.

The season's fast start and the cup final show what this squad is capable of when everything comes together. I'd far prefer to stay the course at least through Christmas before consigning next season to yet another transitional/rebuild year, which it unquestionably would be with a new manager. For one thing, the chances of a league trophy, while they're never going to be terribly high, are probably better next season than they've been in a while, with Lenny at Parkhead and Rangers still skint.

And Hibs getting it together coincided with them sticking with a manager even if, like Stubbs, he failed dismally initially.

Show me a team that changes manager every second season that doesn’t have a shed load of money that succeeds?

Ferguson was one cup final defeat away from being sacked at a Man Utd.

It makes no sense whatsoever for us to have signed up half a team on longer term deals this season then employ a manager that doesn’t want those players.

People need to engage their brains. Levein needs to finish his final rebuilding for next season with his ‘additional bit of quality players’ and see where we stand at the end of it.

I think we might sign Adam and Shankland plus one further attacker and possibly Gordon. Without Naismith as well and our kids one year older, that’s a team that may just do something.

My prediction - qualification for Europe and another cup final.

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

See page one I quoted the only bit relevant that talks about a 5year plan and that was the commercial/infrastructure side

Yes but the OP has done a lot of work to tell everyone what he thinks is wrong based on a fictitious(?) document.  He may be doing a big Boris and making things up so I am giving him the opportunity to tell everyone what his rant was based on.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but the OP has done a lot of work to tell everyone what he thinks is wrong based on a fictitious(?) document.  He may be doing a big Boris and making things up so I am giving him the opportunity to tell everyone what his rant was based on.

Apologies , will look forward to that...

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The OP was not the OP's work, it was taken from a Facebook page which in turn was taken from that renegade Hearts forum.

23 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Now that the season is officially over and we're now at the end of the five year plan, it's open season on the club as far as I'm concerned.  As gutted as I am at losing at the weekend I am not prepared to get emotional and irrational.  Now is the time to put the club under the microscope and ask just what the **** is exactly going on.  A few points to update first and foremost.

Playing record and performances

Adding in the fixtures played (and inevitably lost) since the initial post, our league record against the other sides in the top six since we cam back up now reads as

Aberdeen - Played 16, won 5, drew 3, lost 8

Celtic - Played 16, won 2, drew 2, lost 12

Rangers - Played 12, won 2, drew 1, lost 9

Hibs - Played 8, won 2, drew 3, lost 3

Kilmarnock - Played 14, won 5, drew 4, lost 5

Total - Played 66, won 16, drew 13, lost 37

It's a 56% loss record against our five nearest rivals.  Every single team has a better head to head record against us with the exception of Kilmarnock who we are level with, however they have a budget a fraction the size of ours.  It is absolutely pathetic.

The derby record

Since stealing a draw at Easter Road last month, the derby record now reads played 17, won 4, drew 7 and lost 6 during the Budge/Levein era.  Four derbies won in 17 games.  Just four in five years.  A win percentage of 23% in that time.  It is totally unacceptable.

We've finished below Hibs two seasons in a row for the first time in 25 years.  Hibs had their best run against us since the 70s.  They finally beat us at Tynecastle for the first time in five or six years.  Hibs have had more season of European football than us these last five years.  All of these record breaking feats have happened under the stewardship of Levein and Budge.  It's a rivalry, we have to strive to be better than them in every single thing that we do and the owner doesn't give a **** about it one jot.

League position

We finished third when we first came back up.  Then we finished fifth under Cathro and then Levein has lead us to two successive sixth place finishes.  How can nobody at the club see a quite obvious dramatic decline?  How can anyone at the club deem it acceptable to not improve on or maintain a decent league position?  Any other club in the country the management would be emptied for similar performances.  Why does the owner think this is acceptable?  Levein has yet to finish higher in the league than the much derided Cathro yet Budge is given him a free reign to do whatever the **** he wants.  To have Hibs finish above us twice in a row is a digrace but then teams Like Kilmarnock who are a club a fraction of the size of us is a disgrace.

Budge's contempt

I'm getting really hacked off with her quite obvious contempt of the fans and thinking we zip up the back.  There was the article someone linked at the weekend - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48389296 - and it's quite staggering how little she thinks of the fans.  Her telling people that Levein isn't bombproof when the evidence suggests otherwise is staggering.  Her comments about fans never accepting Levein even if he won us a treble of our own show she's just not living in the real world.  It's almost a "you don't know what you're talking about, give me the cash and I'll do as I please".  She talks about how she's received some small level of abuse from fans in the stand during games.  She's going to be in for a shock next season in that case.  It's going to get a whole lot worse.   If next season is anything like this season - and the evidence suggests it will be, if not worse - the abuse from the stands will magnify big time.  There has been absolutely no update on season ticket sales, they're clearly nowhere near previous levels.  She's refusing to see the obvious.

This is the same Ann Budge who allowed the war memorial to be trivialised and milked for all its worth.  It was pointed out to me yesterday (and I'd forgotten all about this to be honest) that when Cathro was binned, Budge ****ed off on holiday!  Instead of hanging around to help appoint a manager, she disappeared and then opted to appoint the man who was along the corridor.  It's staggering the way she views the fans as customers.  Lecturing fans at every junction, moaning like **** because fans misbehaved and holding us responsible because she is choosing to install a CCTV system for six figures.  But to then accuse the fans of costing the club money, when she has signed off and sanctioned the signing of so many duds under her tenure is embarrassing.  We must have wasted literally millions in terms of wages and transfer fees on some of the donkeys we've had and yet she points the finger at the fans?  The same fans who have constantly and persistently been asked to dig deep and put their hands in their pockets to fund and bail out he club.  The same fans milked for every penny with countless tribute tops and the God awful cash cow embarrassment.  Don't accuse the fans of costing the club money when you've spunked so much of it on utter rubbish.  To guilt trip the fans because yet again, she is choosing to buy some CCTV worth over 100k is embarrassing.  Don't go and recruit a manager for the women's team from one of the biggest clubs in the world and yet when it comes to the men's team - the one everyone actually pays to see and brings us in money - just knock on Levein's door down the corridor.

Recruitment 

Everyone knows its been a shambles but I'm already concerned to hear both Levein and Budge state there won't be many changes during the summer and we won't be bringing in too many players.  We've got a tonne of dead wood that need emptied and we're at least a forward, a creative midfield, one possibly two wingers, a centre back and a keeper away from being a decent side.  We might have some youngsters coming through and maybe Levein's plan is to chuck them all in next season but I've zero confidence in him managing them properly.

Summary

The club is sleeping walking its way into further disaster.  There an similarities between when Cathro should have been emptied after his first season but was allowed the entire summer and leage cup matches to turn it around and he ****ed that up, so we ruined that entire pre-season.  If Levein isn't bombproof like Budge suggests, at what point does she pull the trigger and bin him?  How bad does it have to get for her to say enough is enough?  Are we letting Levein plan for the summer and **** up pre-season only to sack him in September?  How many times are we going to roll the dice and risk season after season, another season written off before it gets going.  We're at risk of history repeating itself.

We're entering the sixth year under Budge and Levein.  They have failed to deliver on almost every single promise they made.  We've blown and are continuing to blow the opportunity handed to us all because Levein and Budge are too stubborn to do anything about it.  It's going to be a long and grim summer ahead, starting with the tragic league cup group stages.  Can't wait.

Seen this wonderfully summed up on the supporters page on FB and it's hard to disagree with anything.

truly harrowing when put in black and white.

This is just a pointless rant.... am not even sure if you are a Hearts supporter after viewing your post history.

To suggest we have seen no improvement is nonsense. We have done really well in both cups. The best performance in 7 years. 

You make no allowance for  the awful luck we have had with injuries or the fact that our budget will have been impacted by the cost of building a new stand.

We have just reported an all time record turnover....aye things are really awful. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At least this one was better typed. 

Use of expletives hardly the best way to convince folk you are the best informed rational individual. 

5 years ago I would be pretty happy with what I had. The first 2 year's were a bit of a red herring. 

One step back to take 3 or 4 forward I hope and expect 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

This is just a pointless rant.... am not even sure if you are a Hearts supporter after viewing your post history.

To suggest we have seen no improvement is nonsense. We have done really well in both cups. The best performance in 7 years. 

You make no allowance for  the awful luck we have had with injuries or the fact that our budget will have been impacted by the cost of building a new stand.

We have just reported an all time record turnover....aye things are really awful. ?

Harrowing.

Harrowing.

8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Absolutely. It's like watching Rangers and Celtic fans howling at each other all day when the only argument either has is "NO, YOU ARE". It's no for me.

Aye.

I'm going to bow out of the debate. Ultimately, we're all Hearts supporters who want the best for our club, even if we disagree about how it can be achieved.  

We're all going around in circles anyway. 

The five year plan never included building a new stand.That was forced on the board as everyone knows,Ann said at the beginning ,when she left there would be plans in place to build a new stand.As we all know it was brought forward because of council/nursery issues.So we are  ahead off the field now this year we make a big push on the playing side. 

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You missed all the people wanting Levein out last year and this sesson?

People wanted Cathro out and a lot of people wanted Neilson out for negative football and losing to Hibs in Cup. 

People certainly wanted McGlynn out and Locke didn't have many supporters. 

It’s crazy to think the last manager everyone was truly happy with was Sergio who, no disrespect intended, had a bang average league season despite the fact he was fortunate to have the greatest Hearts player of the 21st century at his disposal. Obviously his derby record & cup win mean he gets a pass and I love him for it though 

Frankly I don’t think there was a definitive 5 year plan - IMO it was a bit of a PR sound bite. I certainly never saw any finite details of it released by the Club.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Frankly I don’t think there was a definitive 5 year plan - IMO it was a bit of a PR sound bite. I certainly never saw any finite details of it released by the Club.

5 years was the original schedule for the handover to fan ownership wasn’t it? Budge laid out a rough plan if what she’d like to achieve. Pretty general stuff about operating sustainably, looking at young coaches, developing youth, and eventually challenging for honours, but it’s mostly just aiming to put the club back on a secure footing. It’s on the Hearts website. In fact we’ve overachieved as stadium and pitch weren’t on her original todo list.

Folk have just created a pretendy 5 year plan in their heads and use it as a straw man.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

5 years was the original schedule for the handover to fan ownership wasn’t it? Budge laid out a rough plan if what she’d like to achieve. Pretty general stuff about operating sustainably, looking at young coaches, developing youth, and eventually challenging for honours, but it’s mostly just aiming to put the club back on a secure footing. It’s on the Hearts website. In fact we’ve overachieved as stadium and pitch weren’t on her original todo list.

Folk have just created a pretendy 5 year plan in their heads and use it as a straw man.

No doubt about Budge has done a fantastic job with regards to the pitch and new stand, and improved our admin and catering.

After winning the Championship, then finishing third, I am sure she must be disappointed in the decline of our team in the league over the last 3 years.

Edited by Thomaso

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Beautiful new stand built

£1m increase in non-football income

Academy revamped and producing first team players and Scottish youth internationals on the regular

Finances sorted

FoH members given commemorative shirts and plot ceremonies

The one thing that I think hasn't gone according to plan is the management succession. Robbie left before we were ready, Jack Ross left, Steve Crawford left, and Cathro was an unmitigated disaster. So if you want to criticize the original plan, I think that's the place to have a go.

EDIT: simulpost with your above.

Edited by Ugly American

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

Academy revamped and producing first team players and Scottish youth internationals on the regular

Finances sorted

The one thing that I think hasn't gone according to plan is the management succession. Robbie left before we were ready, Jack Ross left, Steve Crawford left, and Cathro was an unmitigated disaster. So if you want to criticize the original plan, I think that's the place to have a go.

The thread topic is the “5 year plan”

The new stand and new pitch were never mentioned in any 5 year plan.

You have listed cracking achievements off the pitch which have indeed moved the Club forward. As I said Budge has done a fantastic job.

If you read my posts you will see that my point is it is on the park where the Club have not moved forward relative to the league, remembering that she put down a marker stating that finishing below third would be a “disappointment”

37 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No doubt about Budge has done a fantastic job with regards to the pitch and new stand, and improved our admin and catering.

After winning the Championship, then finishing third, I am sure she must be disappointed in the decline of our team in the league over the last 3 years.

Considering the original targets and budget were for promotion in 2 years and europe in 4 I think we’ve done alright overall. Without neilson leaving who knows.

21 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think that's fair comment, although I would also add to the plus side the re invigoration of the Academy set up, which was in a fairly bad way when Budge took over.  You are right though that the performance of the first team has disappointed over the past 3 seasons and we need to see improvement on that front as a matter of priority.

We have clearly had to divert some funds towards building the new stand and installing the new pitch, but that notwithstanding, we still had a playing budget that put us 4th, albeit Hibs probably run us pretty close. 

With the new stand now starting to pay dividends in terms of increased non-match day revenue, we will hopefully see our playing budget increase, but we really need to get our recruitment right if we are to turn that to our advantage.

Also, worth bearing in mind is that before the end of next season FOH will have completed the buy out of Anne's shareholding and we will have a substantial source of additional funding at our disposal.  Again, it's imperative that we use that wisely and make our financial advantage count over the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen.

Our ambition should be 3rd place as a minimum, with the ability to challenge the OF much closer and be in a position to take advantage if either (or even both) of them have a poor season.

39 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Finances sorted

EDIT: simulpost with your above.

I realise that Jack Ross left under a bit of a cloud, but can't help wondering where we would be now if he had been here to step into Robbie's shoes.  Certainly wouldn't have seen the disastrous upheaval that occurred under Cathro.

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

The guy that's company did the glass "façade" in the main stand...poor, imo. But overall, yeah.

Got his Hearts Hospitality tickets though, I suppose.

???

Watt-Zeefuik
27 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I realise that Jack Ross left under a bit of a cloud, but can't help wondering where we would be now if he had been here to step into Robbie's shoes.  Certainly wouldn't have seen the disastrous upheaval that occurred under Cathro.

I agree. We were almost starting over when Cathro left. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You have listed cracking achievements off the pitch which have indeed moved the Club forward. As I said Budge has done a fantastic job.

If you read my posts you will see that my point is it is on the park where the Club have not moved forward relative to the league, remembering that she put down a marker stating that finishing below third would be a “disappointment”

You're of course right about the stand -- I'd mis-remembered the sequence of that.

But even on "Budgement Day" there were clear signs of the way the planning was going.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement

Part of it was cleaning up the chaos in the front office and establishing clear staffing and organization. On the football side:

Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

Next season cannot simply be about getting back up into the SPFL. Of course, we will be striving for that, but we must take a longer-term view and build for the future. One of the key objectives of the new Board is to put in place a Coaching Education Programme that is second to none in Scottish football.

The goal was clearly a "boot room" policy to try to get more value out of limited dollars, in particular bringing through coaches with no management experience and a youth policy that tried to train up and sell on young players from the academy, and augment those with journeymen looking for a step up in visibility (like Ozturk, Zeefuik, Juanma, and Buaben) and players on the back end of their career who could provide stability (Alexander, Eckersley, and Hughes).

Did we always stick to the plan? No, but it's clearly been an ongoing goal to work towards, starting in 2014 giving serious minutes to McGhee, McKay, Henderson, Oliver, Beith, and Smith, all the way up to the cup final with us rolling out Aaron Hickey to the surprise and delight of everyone.

And clearly they're still trying to do the coaching boot room -- if Levein were to step down MacPhee would be the most likely replacement.

That's the 5 year plan. It hasn't always worked, but it's clearly been there.

There is no doubt that performances on the field have been frustrating over the last 3 seasons but everything the club has done off the field has been magnificent.

Others have listed the achievements but may have missed the new first class playing surface, Save the Children and the Living Wage.

We are better placed than ever to succeed on the field and I wish CL and the coaching staff every success next season and beyond in building an exciting and successful squad of players.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Considering the original targets and budget were for promotion in 2 years and europe in 4 I think we’ve done alright overall. Without neilson leaving who knows.

It’s not where you start it’s where you finish.

Initially we did great however under Cathro/Levein we hit a brick wall.

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think that's fair comment, although I would also add to the plus side the re invigoration of the Academy set up, which was in a fairly bad way when Budge took over.  You are right though that the performance of the first team has disappointed over the past 3 seasons and we need to see improvement on that front as a matter of priority.

We have clearly had to divert some funds towards building the new stand and installing the new pitch, but that notwithstanding, we still had a playing budget that put us 4th, albeit Hibs probably run us pretty close. 

With the new stand now starting to pay dividends in terms of increased non-match day revenue, we will hopefully see our playing budget increase, but we really need to get our recruitment right if we are to turn that to our advantage.

Also, worth bearing in mind is that before the end of next season FOH will have completed the buy out of Anne's shareholding and we will have a substantial source of additional funding at our disposal.  Again, it's imperative that we use that wisely and make our financial advantage count over the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen.

Our ambition should be 3rd place as a minimum, with the ability to challenge the OF much closer and be in a position to take advantage if either (or even both) of them have a poor season.

Totally agree with all that. ?

Just now, Jammy T said:

Do any of the Neilson plane guys feel a bit like twats?

Any of them?

“Twats” now!

So much anger JT. 

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Twats” now!

So much anger JT. 

Twat isn’t my highest anger word mate, not by far

?

Just now, Jammy T said:

Twat isn’t my highest anger word mate, not by far

?

I know - I’ve seen them! ?

2 hours ago, Barack said:

The guy that's company did the glass "façade" in the main stand...poor, imo. But overall, yeah.

Got his Hearts Hospitality tickets though, I suppose.

You would have thought that the guy responsible for our fabulous glass facade - one of the few things completed on programme and to the cost plan - would have got loads of free hospitality.....but nope - all bought and paid for.

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It seems THERE WAS NO 5 YEAR PLAN so this thread is absolutely rubbish.

The club has made great strides off the pitch. Surely no one can doubt that.

On the pitch, we all would have liked results, and the quality, to have been better but some people choose not to remember that we started 5 years ago virtually from a standing start. We did finish 6th but IMO that was due to horrendous injury luck and some wicked reffing decisions by the weegie/Lanarkshire mafia.  Surely that won't be replicated this coming season.

So please, give this 5 year garbage a rest.

Having listened to Ann Budge this week, there absolutely was/is a 3-5 year plan, and if that didn’t include the football side I’d be very surprised.

Ann reiterated a number of times her successes are down to here having a plan and steadfastly sticking to the plan and principles of that plan no matter what is thrown in - now obviously plans can twist and turn but she clearly has set parameters and I don’t see them changing.

she also stressed the reactionary approach so common in football is not her way and she’ll not be changing.

So I take from that Craig will be manager/dof and the plan for progression from in will continue.

but we’ve certainly not regressed as when the plan was started we’re had been related, has the on field progress been good enough, I suspect AB and CL know it’s not and they will no that has to change this season.

cosanostra

:laugh:

I genuinely thought Levein had come out with the 5yr plan chat as well if I'm being honest. Looks like it was AB's plan for getting the company side of things sorted out.

She's clearly done that and more. 

I'm not a fan of her loyalty to CL but it's her decision and it looks like he's going nowhere so **** it. No point in whining on here.

Let's just hope he signs a Cameron, McCann and a Weir from somewhere. Maybe Halkett is this year's Weir....

46 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Having listened to Ann Budge this week, there absolutely was/is a 3-5 year plan, and if that didn’t include the football side I’d be very surprised.

Ann reiterated a number of times her successes are down to here having a plan and steadfastly sticking to the plan and principles of that plan no matter what is thrown in - now obviously plans can twist and turn but she clearly has set parameters and I don’t see them changing.

she also stressed the reactionary approach so common in football is not her way and she’ll not be changing.

So I take from that Craig will be manager/dof and the plan for progression from in will continue.

but we’ve certainly not regressed as when the plan was started we’re had been related, has the on field progress been good enough, I suspect AB and CL know it’s not and they will no that has to change this season.

You are starting from the assumption there was a 5 year plan and unless you (or anyone else) know(s) about what it was, you cannot measure our progress against it.

The rest flows from your assumption.

5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You would have thought that the guy responsible for our fabulous glass facade - one of the few things completed on programme and to the cost plan - would have got loads of free hospitality.....but nope - all bought and paid for.

??

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

It seems THERE WAS NO 5 YEAR PLAN so this thread is absolutely rubbish.

The club has made great strides off the pitch. Surely no one can doubt that.

On the pitch, we all would have liked results, and the quality, to have been better but some people choose not to remember that we started 5 years ago virtually from a standing start. We did finish 6th but IMO that was due to horrendous injury luck and some wicked reffing decisions by the weegie/Lanarkshire mafia.  Surely that won't be replicated this coming season.

So please, give this 5 year garbage a rest.

1 hour ago, Jambomb said:

The 5 year plan Ann referred to was specifically the infrastructure and commercial side. Didn’t include a stand either. 

Any good business will have a plan so there would of been a short term and long term football plan and hopefully we will see the results of the long term sooner rather than later. It is not however this 5year plan people use to beat the club. 

However allowing for that I agree with your post

Edited by sadj

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are starting from the assumption there was a 5 year plan and unless you (or anyone else) know(s) about what it was, you cannot measure our progress against it.

The rest flows from your assumption.

Well Ann said there was a 3-5 year plan so not sure what your getting at? 

We haven't regressed as we started of relegated (sorry auto correct in original post),  but I don’t think it’s too difficult to know that on the park we’ve not progressed as well as AB/CL would have liked, again in previous AB statements top 4 has been the target.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

??

The 5 year plan Ann referred to was specifically the infrastructure and commercial side. Didn’t include a stand either. 

Any good business will have a plan so there would of been a short term and long term football plan and hopefully we will see the results of the long term sooner rather than later. It is not however this 5year plan people use to beat the club. 

However allowing for that I agree with your post

I don’t think AB would/could put a 3-5 year plan without including football side, the commercial aspect of a football club relies very heavily on the football side of things it would be foley not to have an all encompassing plan - but we don’t have specific details only snippets from various talks, statements so we do have to join the dots...

But she is very clear that she will not make snap judgements even on the football side.

Like or hate it you have to admire the confidence.

best in the land

Could be wrong but when we were promoted in the first year, did Ann not say that was ahead of plan?

Does that indicate a football plan? It was ahead of schedule to be promoted before rangers and hibs?

That said we've not regressed, but I would think we are behind from where they aimed to be football wise.

Infrastructure progress imo is superb though.

28 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

I don’t think AB would/could put a 3-5 year plan without including football side, the commercial aspect of a football club relies very heavily on the football side of things it would be foley not to have an all encompassing plan - but we don’t have specific details only snippets from various talks, statements so we do have to join the dots...

But she is very clear that she will not make snap judgements even on the football side.

Like or hate it you have to admire the confidence.

The football side relies just as heavily on the commercial side - fine margins etc.   There may well have been a plan but the OP hasn't seen it, nor has anyone else on here apparently, but he still writes screeds of criticism measured against a fictitious(?) document.  Prove otherwise!

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The football side relies just as heavily on the commercial side - fine margins etc.   There may well have been a plan but the OP hasn't seen it, nor has anyone else on here apparently, but he still writes screeds of criticism measured against a fictitious(?) document.  Prove otherwise!

Just in case of any doubt the op is full of drivel!

but there is no doubt there is a plan and Ann is confident in the plan, it would be ridiculous for there not to be a plan!

and again it’s pretty clear that footballing side we have not progressed as far as anyone would have like and that will include AB and CL

1 hour ago, Boab said:

6 pages !

Why ?

It’s mince !

Because folk need to drown out all the facts with denial.

3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Because folk need to drown out all the facts with denial.

The OP is a pile of stinking poo. ?