The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

He’s up in the air before he’s touched but in real time it would be very difficult to see it was a dive so don’t blame Collum.

We got caught out after defending really well and gave them an opportunity to do that unfortunately.

Still gutted that we gifted them two goals in a game that we stopped their best players from playing and were in control.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

It is a dive but waas a position we shouldn’t have got to in the first place.  Made Collum’s Day.

maroonlegions

And that folks is why the old firm are against VAR up here. It would expose the utter shitness of our refs and lazy linsemen. Dive all day long, probably cost us  extra time.

Armageddon

His right leg takes a massive and unnatural diversion towards Bobby - no penalty, he makes contact with the keeper as opposed to being brought down. 

Doesn't help that Berra also tramples on Bobbys left leg ?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️?

Soft one but Bobby gave him the option.

We'd be fuming if we didn't get that at the other end of the park.

KnightyJambo

Having watched the footage, there is doubt the player throws himself to the ground but Bobby putting himself in that position unfortunately gave the ref a decision to make. 

With Collum, that decision was always going to end up being a celtic penalty!

siegementality
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I submit the Man Utd pen against PSG as proof against your claim.

I furthermore submit that VAR is also decided by the same refs you condemn. Ergo, I conclude the penalty would still stand.

And I still say it was a pen. Had the teams been reversed and we hadn't been given it, the seethe would have been off the scale.

One glaring mistake is hardly an argument to allow other glaring mistakes.

Oh, and by the way in saying it was a penalty you must in the same breath be calling Zlamal a liar given he said he didn’t touch him.

Edited by siegementality

mintmyster

The more I watch it the more I think Bobby has no need at all to come for it and Berra would have done enough to prevent a goal.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

One glaring mistake is hardly an argument to allow other glaring mistakes.

Oh, and by the way in saying it was a penalty you must in the same breath be calling Zlamal a liar given he said he didn’t touch him.

Yep. He's lying. There was contact.

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

No need for Bobby to come off his line - Berra would have got there

Should have saved that pen too, allowed it to slip between his hands. 

Seems to me reading this thread that the consensus is that it wasn't a penalty, but we can see why any referee would give it.

What is without a shadow of doubt us that the SFA continues to live in the dark ages by not having VAR. It is an embarrassment and I am ashamed of the body that is in charge of our game.

The SFA needs to be disbanded and a new governing body put in place. When that happens, it is essential that no ex-footballers or ex-referees have any positions of authority, since none of them appears to have the remotest understanding of the rules and, in this country at least, they cannot see past the glory of the 2 arsecheeks.

Edited by Jambo66

upgotheheads

Any referee would have given the penalty, you can't blame Collum. But it was definitely a dive. The only question now is whether the S/GFA take any retrospective action.

I think I know the answer.

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Certainly there was. I think I saw them shake hands at the end of the game.

maroonshrew
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

No chance Collum would have given that at the other end but Bobby was stupid enough to give him a decision to make which was always going to be a penalty.

I think 90% of refs are giving that at either end. Collum is pretty much blameless for our loss yesterday. 

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Better Angle, Edouard puts his leg into him.

https://twitter.com/derekminto/status/1132321680066514944?s=21

Having now seen it from this angle it is a clear dive. As you say, Edouard puts, or tries to put his leg into Bobby. Not convinced there is any contact.

It remains a stupid challenge though and Bobby's hesitation cost us unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, mintmyster said:

The more I watch it the more I think Bobby has no need at all to come for it and Berra would have done enough to prevent a goal.

But even having made the wrong decision to come out for it - he then makes an even worse decision to dive in foot first. It's totally unnecessary and an absolute gift to Celtic. 

Edited by stirlo

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

But even having made the wrong decision to come out for it - he then makes an even worse decision to dive in foot first. It's totally unnecessary and an absolute gift to Celtic. 

Exactly. It was a set of awful decisions.

maroonlegions

Players  up here running at pace into the penalty box and running into keepers or defenders and then insinuating  contact and going down again at pace is the norm now. They are giving refs split 50/50 decisions to make, without VAR up here it will continue and players up here know that. 

23 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

QED. Clearly contact.

Yes, but contact from the opposition player into our player not the other way round.

I liked Zlamal at the start of the season but he has become a total liability. Can't remember a time when both of our Goalkeepers have been so average. I really hope we get someone in as our new number 1 in the close-season. 

30 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Correct, in days gone by Edouard would have jumped over Bobby's leg, tried to control the ball and turn it into the net but that doesn't happen anymore, sticking a leg out like that is now an invitation to fall over it and if you do it well enough you get a penalty. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
36 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Yes, but contact from the opposition player into our player not the other way round.

Sigh. The claim from Zlamal was that he didn't touch him. He clearly did.

Also, will those getting bent out of shape answer a simple question. Had it been the other way round, would you be forensically analysing for proof it was a pen?

I don’t understand this “bobby gave him a decision” argument. 

Aye he gave him a decision to make and he made the wrong one.  It’s a hard call to make but no surprise the religious education teacher from the east end of Glasgow made that one :)

headersdad

What happened to the 'human VAR' Kevin Clancy, extra official behind the goal? Surely he must have had a better view of what happened.

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The only contact was Edouard deliberately brushing his right foot on Bobby's thigh. Never a penalty.

In this day and age and without Var if the keeper comes rushing out you see these ones being given 

edouard played for it and went down like a ton of bricks but Bobby should have stayed in his line.

Preventable imo but you give a cheat an opportunity to cheat he will do so - bottom line 

jack D and coke
18 hours ago, CramondJambo said:

Make no mistake. Government forces are at work here. There's a clear agenda by the establishment to help out Celtic and Hibs at every turn, while clubs like Hearts and Rangers are cheated out of what they deserve. It really is about time we took a proper stand against this.

Hibs tramp. 

siegementality
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Aye, ok. I take you mean the contact made by Eduard throwing out his leg to make contact with  Zlamal.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Aye, ok. I take you mean the contact made by Eduard throwing out his leg to make contact with  Zlamal.

Correct. For Zlamal to say there was no contact is a lame get out. He knows he fecked up and he ended up getting caught in No Man's Land and punished for it.

avhudtheteeshirt

When watching it yesterday, you could see that the players both legs were over Bobbie's leg before he stuck out his leg to make contact with Bobbie!!!

It was as clear a sign of diving as we've seen, and Collum was to far from the action to really see what happened.

My worry is what the goal line official should in my mind always be at opposite side from the lineman, to cover such things and more of the pitch???

avhudtheteeshirt
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct. For Zlamal to say there was no contact is a lame get out. He knows he fecked up and he ended up getting caught in No Man's Land and punished for it.

And Bobbie is right he did not make contact the Celtic player did!!!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

And Bobbie is right he did not make contact the Celtic player did!!!!!

Deary me. Did they touch?

Unfortunately the vast majority of the time the refs give a penalty, why VAR is so important - we'd still feck it up though.

Now I've seen this angle it's clear stimulation.  Means eff all but Edourda really should be cited and correctly banned for cheating.

But this is Scottish football so no more will be done about it.

Edit - started thread at end.

Edited by DETTY29

Come on guys, stop playing pedants to make a case that you are both right.

The correct answer of course is that football is not about contact but whether or not there has been an infringement.  And there can be an infringement with no contact.

Under VAR, unlikely a penalty given, without it, yes unfortunately, notably when to  benefit the bigger team.

Zlamal was extremely poor in both his initial hesitation and the decision to go to ground.  

Edited by DETTY29

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, H2 said:

Now if the SFA were being fair they would apply and after match ban on Edouardo for cheating, he clearly moves his leg to kick Zlamal, but he misses.   

image.png

image.png

Wtf is that all about. Stamps on his nuts and falls over a leg that's not even touching him. 

SectionDJambo

Our goalie should have stayed on his feet. They all are well aware of what forwards will do when a keeper goes down near them. Vardy was eventually punished for getting penalties like this. 

The Celtic man is clearly going down early and placing his foot on Zlamal. It’s very hard for the referee to see that contact hasn’t been made, before this. 

That’s 2 penalty kicks that Celtic have enjoyed against us, in big cup ties, this season. Both could have been avoided by the Hearts players just standing their ground, instead of making the going down easy for the Celtic man.

I don’t know how many soft penalties I’ve seen the Glasgow 2 get, against us, over many years, so it’s no surprise anymore. It was actually worse years ago, before the extensive tv coverage.

It is disappointing that our players aren’t wise enough to prevent them benefiting from this type of sleekit play. 

Maroon Sailor

It's also disappointing the officials are not wise as well. No surprise though, it's easier to give Celtic a penalty than not especially in a final.

As soon as he went down I knew Collum would give it. Seen these situations time and time again and refs buy it all the time although it doesn't take much for Collum to give Celtic penalties.

Robbo-Jambo
12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Our goalie should have stayed on his feet. They all are well aware of what forwards will do when a keeper goes down near them. Vardy was eventually punished for getting penalties like this. 

The Celtic man is clearly going down early and placing his foot on Zlamal. It’s very hard for the referee to see that contact hasn’t been made, before this. 

That’s 2 penalty kicks that Celtic have enjoyed against us, in big cup ties, this season. Both could have been avoided by the Hearts players just standing their ground, instead of making the going down easy for the Celtic man.

I don’t know how many soft penalties I’ve seen the Glasgow 2 get, against us, over many years, so it’s no surprise anymore. It was actually worse years ago, before the extensive tv coverage.

It is disappointing that our players aren’t wise enough to prevent them benefiting from this type of sleekit play. 

VAR would have cleared that up. Scotland are not getting it though, too expensive or possibly because the two arse cheeks would stop getting away with murder. Think they could implement for big games like the Scottish Cup Final but nah they didn't and won't. ******* sickening, having said that you would still have  to say Bobby was very nieve. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Maroon Sailor

Remember Collum giving Celtic a 95th  minute (something like that) penalty at Fir Park that kept their unbeaten run going. That was never a penalty in a zillion years but try saying he is not a corrupt official.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

siegementality
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Deary me. Did they touch?

Give it a rest FFS! If you are happy that that penalty was awarded against Hearts then you crack on.

siegementality
4 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

Yes, because I thought it was a penalty means I want the status quo to remain :cornette:

No, I’ll go back to my first point that if you think that was a penalty you know feck all about football.

Maroon Sailor

I said to a few English oppo's of mine this week that because of who the ref was I guaranteed them that he'd give Celtic a penalty. They laughed but I told them I was serious and told them to watch and they'll see.

They'll tell me I called it when I get back

It's not even sickening because it's so predictable.

Defo a dive, clear as day on his way down before kicking Bobby, thought so at the game and video confirms, he is clearly never getting the ball that he's kicked out of play, that is also evidence he is in there for the penalty as nothing else was on. Cheat simple as.