The inevitable penalty

Maroon Sailor

Fly the Saltire
21 hours ago, CramondJambo said:

Nonsense. The anti-British agenda by the Scottish Government is apparent for everybody to see and has been seeping down into our game over the past decade. They clearly want to punish clubs like ours who stand up to this tyranny that governs over us. We just seem to meekly accept it these days. Utterly spineless.

Absolute rubbish from a Union Jack Ass

Edited by Fly the Saltire

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siegementality

• Maroon Sailor

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Riddley Walker

Riddley Walker
2 hours ago, siegementality said:

No, I’ll go back to my first point that if you think that was a penalty you know feck all about football.

I'd suggest you're being extremely naive if you think that was never a pen, and think it's you that knows absolutely nothing about football. Bobby rushed out at him like a maniac, just because there was no initial contact doesn't mean it's not a foul. Have you only started watching football?

siegementality
8 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'd suggest you're being extremely naive if you think that was never a pen, and think it's you that knows absolutely nothing about football. Bobby rushed out at him like a maniac, just because there was no initial contact doesn't mean it's not a foul. Have you only started watching football?

The very vast majority of people on this thread say it wasn’t a penalty and he dived. You’ve stuck by that you think it was. You are in a small minority. I’ll leave it at that.

Riddley Walker
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The very vast majority of people on this thread say it wasn’t a penalty and he dived. You’ve stuck by that you think it was. You are in a small minority. I’ll leave it at that.

Fair enough. It's a Hearts forum though and most of us are going to view it through those lenses and I'm trying to look at it objectively. Perhaps it's a coping mechanism.

tokyowalnut
4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Fair enough. It's a Hearts forum though and most of us are going to view it through those lenses and I'm trying to look at it objectively. Perhaps it's a coping mechanism.

If it was Uche through on Bain I'd be wanting the penalty and would blame Bain on rushing out.

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I think it's a pen. Feel Bobby was stupid. The boy has played for it, but Bobby made it easy for Collum to give it. 

I’ve just plucked up the courage to watch the highlights. Wish I hadn’t now. How on earth does Bobby not save that penalty? He dived the right way and had both hands there. 

peebles jambo
23 hours ago, Chaps said:

Stupid from Bobby but it’s a penalty. Let’s be honest here we’d be screaming for it.

never a penalty, and we would have been screaming for it, but we wouldn't have got it, our player would have got booked for diving, cheating little turd

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wtf is that all about. Stamps on his nuts and falls over a leg that's not even touching him. 

But will the compliance officer even review the incident?

No chance IMO.

Quote frim a Hibs fan watching on TV, "It was NEVER a legitimate penalty."  There's not much point in blaming Zlamal. I saw from where I was near the centre line, as did a young footballer from section A, that Eduard was going down early. That video clip above confirms it WITHOUT DOUBT, and with a deliberate flick of the right leg to make it even worse. Also, any suggestion that Collum was 'too far away from the action' is risible. If that had been Jamie Walker then we ALL know what would've happened next!  The absolute fact is that Collum took the chance to turn the game in Celtic's favour. He could not possibly have seen Bobby foul Eduard because he DIDN'T.  As with several other league games this season Hearts were CHEATED.  The old adage that 'Goals Change Games', eh?  Certainly changed THAT game.  Celtic had nothing up until then and with Hearts establishing a lead with an enforced 'lightwieght' attacking force, Collum simply could not resist giving the Treble-Chasing Champions a leg-up.  We wuz robbed.  No ifs ... no buts.  Cheated.

Robbo-Jambo
25 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

But will the compliance officer even review the incident?

No chance IMO.

Even if he did they ****** have still got the Scottish cup in their cheating hands. 

Not a penalty

Eduard was going down before Bobby even got near him, and then stuck his leg out at an abnormal angle to initiate the contact.

Bobby never made contact with any other part of Eduard only the leg he thrust out.

But............ Its Willie Collum at the Celtic end and a player goes to ground. That was all the excuse he needed,and boy was he ready,he was blowing the whistle before Eduard hit the ground FFS.

Edited by merrymac

gashauskis9

According to Stubbs on Sportscene it’s that clever ability to win contentious penalties that you have to pay £9m for.  So basically the more expensive player, the better the cheat they are.  Marvellous!

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Quote frim a Hibs fan watching on TV, "It was NEVER a legitimate penalty."  There's not much point in blaming Zlamal. I saw from where I was near the centre line, as did a young footballer from section A, that Eduard was going down early. That video clip above confirms it WITHOUT DOUBT, and with a deliberate flick of the right leg to make it even worse. Also, any suggestion that Collum was 'too far away from the action' is risible. If that had been Jamie Walker then we ALL know what would've happened next!  The absolute fact is that Collum took the chance to turn the game in Celtic's favour. He could not possibly have seen Bobby foul Eduard because he DIDN'T.  As with several other league games this season Hearts were CHEATED.  The old adage that 'Goals Change Games', eh?  Certainly changed THAT game.  Celtic had nothing up until then and with Hearts establishing a lead with an enforced 'lightwieght' attacking force, Collum simply could not resist giving the Treble-Chasing Champions a leg-up.  We wuz robbed.  No ifs ... no buts.  Cheated.

Will AB challenge them? No chance!

Robbo-Jambo

Why in the name of **** is Collum in charge of a cup final where his allegiances are so blatantly to one team and he hates the other one.

He has had many previous cock ups with us and in fact for quite a long time he wasn't being given Hearts games.

Was it not him Neilson said he had been training with ten men a few days before a game against Hamilton I think it was. IIRC Callum Paterson got sent off and it was rescinded.

IMO he was given the game yesterday to make sure they got their treble treble.

It could be looked at as not only it was a joke of a penalty given but the Celtic player stood on Bobbys balls as well to make sure he fell over, which could have resulted in a red car for them.

Celtic never looked like scoring until that incident and we would have seen the game out remembering our goalkeeper did not have one save to make in 90 mins.

They needed a helping hand and they got it from cheating wee *******.

Never in a million years he would have made the same decision if it had been at the other end.

VAR will never come here because them and their other arse cheek would not get away with murder time after time.

Rant over.

John Findlay

I watched a thing called the day in the life of a Scottish Cup Final referee on the BBC I player. Mr William Collum was the referee in question. The first thing he talks about is the coin used for the toss. It is a New Zealand dollar and has been used at every final since the end of WWII. As there was a close bond between the GLASGOW referee's association and their New Zealand equivalent. Mr Collum states on camera that he is a member of the said GLASGOW referee's association. 

On those grounds alone he should be nowhere near a cup final that involves a Glasgow team. As has been pointed out in the one hundred and forty odd years there has been of the Scottish Cup.  Only three finals have been refereed by a referee from Edinburgh. That alone tells it's own story and one of those was the cheating Hibs ******* Douglas MacDonald.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, siegementality said:

Give it a rest FFS! If you are happy that that penalty was awarded against Hearts then you crack on.

If it had been the other way round would you have said our player dived? Of course not.

This forensic analysis of this penalty is straw clutching. Our keeper fecked up. We paid the price.

siegementality
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If it had been the other way round would you have said our player dived? Of course not.

This forensic analysis of this penalty is straw clutching. Our keeper fecked up. We paid the price.

If you read back on my posts on this thread you’ll see I said I have previously lambasted Hearts players for diving. 

If it had been the other way around yes I would had said it was a dive. There are loads of Celtic supporters on social media who have agreed it was a dive. Do they care? No. But it was a dive nonetheless.

Edited by siegementality

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, siegementality said:

If you read back on my posts on this thread you’ll see I said I have previously lambasted Hearts players for diving. 

If if it had been the other way around yes I would had said it was a dive. There are loads of Celtic supporters on social media who have agreed it was a dive. Do they care? No. But it was a dive nonetheless.

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. Even then, I doubt you would have a thread this long quibbling about it. It wasn't a dive though. If anything, it was the attacking equivalent of the Pressley defender fall. That's the modern game.

PS No one is "happy" that the penalty was given but it is what it is. This isn't Davisgate Mark 2.

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I’ve just plucked up the courage to watch the highlights. Wish I hadn’t now. How on earth does Bobby not save that penalty? He dived the right way and had both hands there. 

Yeah, I’ve just watched Sportscene for probably the first time this season and Bobby’s all round contribution at the equaliser highlights why the vast majority of us want a new goalie in the summer. He didn’t commit a foul but I think we all accept his rashness gave Their Wullie a decision to make. Like you say, he should have redeemed himself by saving it.

siegementality
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it. Even then, I doubt you would have a thread this long quibbling about it. It wasn't a dive though. If anything, it was the attacking equivalent of the Pressley defender fall. That's the modern game.

PS No one is "happy" that the penalty was given but it is what it is. This isn't Davisgate Mark 2.

Oh FFS!! The attacking equivalent of Presley fall is a dive. Pressley regularly dived. He didn’t fall, he dived.

You seem very keen to attribute all the blame on Zlamal, even to the extent that you called him a liar.  

Quite why you would take that position, when the footage clearly shows a dive is beyond me. I’m sure you have your motive though. Feck knows what it is though.

Edited by siegementality

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Oh FFS!! The attacking equivalent of Presley fall is a dive. Pressley regularly dived. He didn’t fall, he dived.

You seem very keen to attribute all the blame on Zlamal, even to the extent that you called him a liar.  

Quite why you would take that position, when the footage clearly shows a dive is beyond me. I’m sure you have your motive though. Feck knows what it is though.

I attribute the blame to him because he made a decision and then tried to change his mind. That's why. Goalkeeping 101.

PS Those Pressley dives occurred throughout the first half from Haring and Souttar. Free kick every time.

57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I watched a thing called the day in the life of a Scottish Cup Final referee on the BBC I player. Mr William Collum was the referee in question. The first thing he talks about is the coin used for the toss. It is a New Zealand dollar and has been used at every final since the end of WWII. As there was a close bond between the GLASGOW referee's association and their New Zealand equivalent. Mr Collum states on camera that he is a member of the said GLASGOW referee's association. 

On those grounds alone he should be nowhere near a cup final that involves a Glasgow team. As has been pointed out in the one hundred and forty odd years there has been of the Scottish Cup.  Only three finals have been refereed by a referee from Edinburgh. That alone tells it's own story and one of those was the cheating Hibs ******* Douglas MacDonald.

The problem with that is that all the refs are from Glasgow - just from which side.

Celtic need a win - call for Golumn

Rangers need a win - call for big Bobby Madden

Simple keeps everyone else down where they belong:ermm:

Been happening since Jesus was a boy(or bhoy)

siegementality
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I attribute the blame to him because he made a decision and then tried to change his mind. That's why. Goalkeeping 101.

PS Those Pressley dives occurred throughout the first half from Haring and Souttar. Free kick every time.

I’m aware of that. I laughed several  times and commented to those around me that there were free kick that weren’t free kicks.

What I despise about Scottish football is the inability just to call things what they are. Collum didn’t cheat. He was conned by Edouard who did cheat.

For all the pundits - with the exception of Neil McCann - to attempt to justify that as a legitimate penalty is a disgrace. 

While Collum didn’t have the benefit of replays the pundits did. Yet, with the exception of one, they all said it was a penalty. Billy Doods even staring that Edouard was “entitled to go down”.Fexking nonsense.

To clarify. If that penalty had been given to us would I have said it was a dive. Yes I would, cos it was a dive.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’m aware of that. I laughed several  times and commented to those around me that there were free kick that weren’t free kicks.

What I despise about Scottish football is the inability just to call things what they are. Collum didn’t cheat. He was conned by Edouard who did cheat.

For all the pundits - with the exception of Neil McCann - to attempt to justify that as a legitimate penalty is a disgrace. 

While Collum didn’t have the benefit of replays the pundits did. Yet, with the exception of one, they all said it was a penalty. Billy Doods even staring that Edouard was “entitled to go down”.Fexking nonsense.

To clarify. If that penalty had been given to us would I have said it was a dive. Yes I would, cos it was a dive.

Your piety is admirable. Jamie Walker did dive against them and I celebrated it. I don't regard this as a dive. Manufactured? Yes. But that's still grounds for a pen. He exploited Zlamal and won the pen.

Edit: The biggest cheat that has occurred in a cup final against us was Bjorklund assaulting Robbo in Nov 1996 in the League Cup Final. Both ref and linesman deigned not to see it. This isn't remotely near that incident.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

King prawn

Thought it was a penalty when I watched it live but after seeing that it’s a dive - either way, from where Collum was stood he should never have given it. 

7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Unfortunately the vast majority of the time the refs give a penalty, why VAR is so important - we'd still feck it up though.

Now I've seen this angle it's clear stimulation.  Means eff all but Edourda really should be cited and correctly banned for cheating.

But this is Scottish football so no more will be done about it.

Anyone watching that footage and still claims it’s a penalty is a complete imbecile.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Bobby should not have gone in feet first, keepers do this more and more and it’s all down to the pass back rule, it would be a lot easier using his hands and either deflecting the ball or grabbing it.

Having said that it’s not a pen, he did not cause the forward to fall.

Tokyo Drifter

Definite dive by the Celtic player. Shoulda been booked but instead Collum points straight to the spot. Same old same old. 

Maroon Sailor

Collum might have been conned but he was more than happy to be conned.

However part of me thinks he knew what Edouard was doing and was delighted to point to the spot.

Collum should have been no where near that final - that's the bottom line.

Impartiality doesn't come in to the GFA equation where Celtic are concerned.

97th minute winners or dodgy penalties take your pick over how much that club has benefitted from corrupt officials for decades

If I was the ref I'd have been completely impartial .... I would have given Edouard a yellow for kicking out at Bobby and a second yellow for simulation.

Alan Nisbet

We should call this out - it cannot be difficult to put together videos of all their penalty decisions made against Hearts by Collum plus other blatant errors (sending off's and e.g. non action against Brown) and ask the SFA to check them over and give comments - it's the very least we should be doing. The evidence should be made public before the response is shared - it has all gone on for far too long.

43 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Definite dive by the Celtic player. Shoulda been booked but instead Collum points straight to the spot. Same old same old. 

It's no different to Walker when he got a 2 game ban. Video proved there was no contact even though the player went down and the ref awarded a penalty. Same rules should be applied here.

That said, I wish Bobby hadn't gone in with his feet. It makes it looks much worse and there was no need. I thought it was a pen at the time but it's definitely not so Edouard should get the same punishment as Walker.

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Yeah, I’ve just watched Sportscene for probably the first time this season and Bobby’s all round contribution at the equaliser highlights why the vast majority of us want a new goalie in the summer. He didn’t commit a foul but I think we all accept his rashness gave Their Wullie a decision to make. Like you say, he should have redeemed himself by saving it.

I'm in two minds about Bobby. He has made a couple of blunders but all goalies do. Bain was atrocious in the final - some of the worst kicking I've ever seen from a goalie. Gordon coming back but keeping Zlamal and Doyle would be fine by me.

Edited by Guest

Diadora Van Basten
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's no different to Walker when he got a 2 game ban. Video proved there was no contact even though the player went down and the ref awarded a penalty. Same rules should be applied here.

That said, I wish Bobby hadn't gone in with his feet. It makes it looks much worse and there was no need. I thought it was a pen at the time but it's definitely not so Edouard should get the same punishment as Walker.

If the scottish media can excuse Guidetti (apparently he slipped) they can excuse Edourd unfortunately rules only apply to Hearts and other teams not represented at the SFA top table.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If the scottish media can excuse Guidetti (apparently he slipped) they can excuse Edourd unfortunately rules only apply to Hearts and other teams not represented at the SFA top table.

Goes without saying unfortunately.

gorgie rd eh11

I read on twitter Collum has been in charge of 5 Hearts v Celtic cup ties and has awarded a penalty to Celtic in every one of them.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I read on twitter Collum has been in charge of 5 Hearts v Celtic cup ties and has awarded a penalty to Celtic in every one of them.

Now why wouldn't that surprise me !

If you've not plucked up the courage to watch the highlights yet, then don't bother. In terms of the penalty that wee ***** couldn't wait to give it, he's got that smug look on his puss and you'll just want to punch him in the head even more. Just because the Timothy player goes down doesn't mean it's a ****in pen. That cheating ******* should have been nowhere near a Hearts Celtic final.

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

That would be a unbelievable statistic if true.

39 minutes ago, RobboM said:

If I was the ref I'd have been completely impartial .... I would have given Edouard a yellow for kicking out at Bobby and a second yellow for simulation.

Not sure if you can give 2 yellows at the same incident?

Madden - sevco

collum - Celtic 

beaton - both

Dallas - just shite

clancy - as Dallas

basically in a nutshell right there

15 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I saw that and would like confirmation of its accuracy if anyone can be ersed.

League Cup tie at CP when we were beaten 3.0, Brown commits 4 fouls, then launches thigh high tackle at a Hearts player, booked.

Next cup tie at Tynie, Gomis tackles Brown thigh high after 5 mins.

Straight red.

Name the ref(s)

Edited by DETTY29

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Just checked londonhearts - It's true

GFA knew exactly what they were doing when they gave him the final. It's not even debatable now how corrupt that organisation is. They will continue to get away with it as well. Nothing can be done it seems

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

I saw that and would like confirmation of its accuracy if anyone can be ersed.

I can think of Guidetti dive, a debatable handball against Danny Wilson when we were already 6-0 down, Christie’s dive at Murrayfield in October and a penalty in the league cup tie mentioned above (a 3-0 defeat in 2014) which was a bit soft. I remember thinking he was evening things up because he’d given us a penalty earlier, which Osman Sow ballooned into orbit!

So, there you go, 5 Cup ties, 5 Celtic penalties, all debatable. Actually, at least 3 weren’t penalties!

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

I can think of Guidetti dive, a debatable handball against Danny Wilson when we were already 6-0 down, Christie’s dive at Murrayfield in October and a penalty in the league cup tie mentioned above (a 3-0 defeat in 2014) which was a bit soft. I remember thinking he was evening things up because he’d given us a penalty earlier, which Osman Sow ballooned into orbit!

So, there you go, 5 Cup ties, 5 Celtic penalties, all debatable. Actually, at least 3 weren’t penalties!

Cheers, Shaggy2.

If it wasn't for Heart of Midlothian I'd've been done with Scottish football a long time ago.