Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

Ok but he hasn't played in 2 years and can you honestly say he will play for us this season.I do hope I am wrong but I fear the worst .

Edited by skodef

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, skodef said:

Ok but he hasn't played in 2 years and can you honestly say he will play for us this season.I do hope I am wrong but I fear the worst .

I think you will see him play next week. For some part of the game at least.

15 minutes ago, skodef said:

He was on the bench yesterday.

16 minutes ago, skodef said:

Why would he be in the bench if he’s not going to play this season?

If Hickey is suspended and Souttar injured he will play. I don’t think we have anyone else that’s a left full back

Edited by Dannie Boy

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Take it you've never seen him play?  He's a quality player who is getting closer to peak fitness.

When we signed him I spoke with a Leeds fan at worked and he absolutely raved about him. If we can get him anywhere close to the potential he showed a few years back we'll have a gem of a player.

Finlay James
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

When we signed him I spoke with a Leeds fan at worked and he absolutely raved about him. If we can get him anywhere close to the potential he showed a few years back we'll have a gem of a player.

Live seen him several times as a mate is a Leeds fan and I've tagged along a few times.  If he hadn't got injured, there's no way we could have afforded him, he's class.

Really hope it works out for as he'll  be a he'll of a signing.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Finlay James said:

Live seen him several times as a mate is a Leeds fan and I've tagged along a few times.  If he hadn't got injured, there's no way we could have afforded him, he's class.

Yip.

There are players who are worth the risk in the hope we can get something out of. White is definitely one of them.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Why would he be in the bench if he’s not going to play this season?

Why would he be on the bench only to not come on when Hickey was struggling and on a yellow? 

Inch Hearts
49 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Last time this kind of signing worked out for the best? 

25 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Why would he be on the bench only to not come on when Hickey was struggling and on a yellow? 

It's a good question. It would have given him some more valuable game time to get match fit. He will be required to play next week unless CL opts for Bobby Burns or moves Michale Smith to LB and plays Brandon at RB.

29 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

because we used our subs in a different way, if white comes on for Hickey then either Naismith or Washington don't come on

53 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Because tactically levein thought Washington and Naismith were better options to win the game. 

David McCaig
42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

because we used our subs in a different way, if white comes on for Hickey then either Naismith or Washington don't come on

Only because we'd burned through a substitution by bringing Dikamona on for Souttar instead of bringing on Washington and switching to 4 at the back.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Craig Gordon to Celtic has worked out well

9 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

We had offered Craig a contract before Celtic. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

At Hearts I meant.  Seems that every player that there’s ever a plunge taken on through injury or whatever is why he is here always ends up playing about ten games before being shipped out again.  

Finlay James
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

At Hearts I meant.  Seems that every player that there’s ever a plunge taken on through injury or whatever is why he is here always ends up playing about ten games before being shipped out again.  

Osman Sow had several injuries before signing for us and we sold him a year later for seven figures.

Who else are you thinking of that we've signed when they're injured but hasn't worked out?

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Only because we'd burned through a substitution by bringing Dikamona on for Souttar instead of bringing on Washington and switching to 4 at the back.

Was Washington fit enough to last the best part of an hour?

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Was Washington fit enough to last the best part of an hour?

He missed the East Fife game with an eye injury... his legs are fine.

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He missed the East Fife game with an eye injury... his legs are fine.

I know, but had he been in full training?

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I know, but had he been in full training?

Levein said he could still run and was going to put him through a mini pre-season.

• 3 weeks later...
GorgieRules22
Just now, E6 Inc said:

If Smith is injured I think we'll see Hickey as RB and White at LB.

He looks very promising. 

Should have been the change today.....another poor decision to put Brandon on, young laddies hopeless.

Unknown user
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Should have been the change today.....another poor decision to put Brandon on, young laddies hopeless.

Brandon was fine, he let no one down

Just now, Smithee said:

Brandon will never be a regular at this level. He’s to rash. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

But he’s not very good.

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

Brandon will never be a regular at this level. He’s to rash. 

Our right back got injured, our young reserve right back replaced him and played fine. There really isn't anything to criticise there. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Our right back got injured, our young reserve right back replaced him and played fine. There really isn't anything to criticise there. 

I didn’t, I gave an opinion. 

11 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

If Smith is injured I think we'll see Hickey as RB and White at LB.

He looks very promising. 

Be prepared to see Souttar or Halkett at RB next week.  Would solve Levein’s dilemma once Souttar’s back as Berra ain’t getting dropped.  It’s the Levein way, build the formation and positions around the players you want on the pitch rather than the other way round.

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I didn’t, I gave an opinion. 

You said he's too rash, that's a criticism.

He wasn't too rash today, he played fine, and there was nothing wrong with bringing him on. I might have preferred White myself but I have no complaints about how the substitution panned out or how Brandon played.

Edited by Smithee

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hickey should have gone over to right back and Aidy White who done really well when he came on should have gone to left back.

Unknown user
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Hickey should have gone over to right back and Aidy White who done really well when he came on should have gone to left back.

I would probably have preferred that too, but as I say, Brandon played fine, the substitution wasn't one of our problems today,

pettigrewsstylist
29 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Be prepared to see Souttar or Halkett at RB next week.  Would solve Levein’s dilemma once Souttar’s back as Berra ain’t getting dropped.  It’s the Levein way, build the formation and positions around the players you want on the pitch rather than the other way round.

Ala Mitchell/Djoum and Clare. 

33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You said he's too rash, that's a criticism.

He wasn't too rash today, he played fine, and there was nothing wrong with bringing him on. I might have preferred White myself but I have no complaints about how the substitution panned out or how Brandon played.

No, I think Brandon is too rash as a defender. That’s my opinion. 

Unknown user
Just now, Paris 84 said:

Mate, your opinion can be criticism, they're not mutually exclusive.

But whatever, I have zero interest debating it, you call it whatever works for you

Just now, Paris 84 said:

To explain myself better; I played full back myself for years and in my opinion he’s too quick to dive into tackles. He doesn’t jockey players anywhere near enough. He’s too impetuous, so he either gets skinned, gives a foul away or gets booked, way more than winning the ball. 

Just my opinion. 

Blackford Hearts
4 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

To explain myself better; I played full back myself for years and in my opinion he’s too quick to dive into tackles. He doesn’t jockey players anywhere near enough. He’s too impetuous, so he either gets skinned, gives a foul away or gets booked, way more than winning the ball. 

Just my opinion. 

Presumably you played at a decent level to be opinionated on a professional footballers technical ability at your position? 

4 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Presumably you played at a decent level to be opinionated on a professional footballers technical ability at your position? 

Do you need to have been a politician to know that Donald Trump’s a balloon? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

correct - he also contains an ounce of bottle which is often in short supply in big scarey glasgow

sometimes looks too slow for full-back (not today) I'd like to see him get a chance in midfield at some point getting stuck in

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but I thought he was fine today too.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Levein said on Radio that Naismith should be ok for next week but not Souttar. 

White always looks like he wants to make something happen when he's on the ball. Seems like a good acquisition if he can stay fit.