Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

Had last Wednesday not gone as badly as it did I think he would've probably came on for the last half hour to get a run out

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

Be interested to see him play. With Hickey coming through and his injuries can’t see him playing more than 10-15 games.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Be interested to see him play. With Hickey coming through and his injuries can’t see him playing more than 10-15 games.

Hickey won't be consistent so we need someone to come in and take the heat off him at times so 10-15 games might be just enough.

Getintaethem

From the albeit limited 45 mins I saw of him against Glenavon, I'd imagine Burns is ahead of him in the pecking order for the left back spot.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

From the albeit limited 45 mins I saw of him against Glenavon, I'd imagine Burns is ahead of him in the pecking order for the left back spot.

reportedly he was one of our better players on that game.  Burns will be gone by Jan IMO.. too slow

Getintaethem
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

reportedly he was one of our better players on that game.  Burns will be gone by Jan IMO.. too slow

Not sure who reported that, but he was far from good.  Left us exposed at the back a couple of times and his touch was poor.  Had one decent run but that was about it.  Probably needs a few more reserve games before getting a start in the first team.  Admittedly most of the players were poor that day.

23 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Only fitness wise, white will be eased into the team and once fully fit I’d imagine he’ll play lwb when we go to a back 5 with Hickey playing lb in a 4!

Burns will be developed into a central midfielder who may occasionally cover lb

Edited by Ribble

Captain Canada

I can't see Burns playing for us in midfield. His passing at Cowdenbeath was probably the worst I've seen from any player in a long time. I think he found a team mate just once or twice.

He should probably go out on loan again rather than hope to make the bench.  

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I can't see Burns playing for us in midfield. His passing at Cowdenbeath was probably the worst I've seen from any player in a long time. I think he found a team mate just once or twice.

He should probably go out on loan again rather than hope to make the bench.  

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Seems a weird comparison but I think Burns over the next few years could become whatever it is that Scott Brown is. Perhaps too nice but something about him makes me think of Brown is midfield. Perhaps totally off on this point but worth remembering Burns is only 18 and has loads of time to develop and flourish. 

Unknown user
On 27/07/2019 at 21:15, Nucky Thompson said:

Yes

On 27/07/2019 at 21:17, Jambof3tornado said:

No

On 27/07/2019 at 21:19, soonbe110 said:

Possibly 

:laugh:

Flappy Hands
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Rid have!!! 🧐

I was going to put that, 

But I thought to myself, 

Sausage and beans. 

gashauskis9

Hasn’t played a competitive game for 2 years and we have two LBs in Hickey and Burns who are fit and ready to go.  Absolutely no urgency required in this position so I’d rather he was phased in over the season when he’s 100%.

Eddie The Eagle
15 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hasn’t played a competitive game for 2 years and we have two LBs in Hickey and Burns who are fit and ready to go.  Absolutely no urgency required in this position so I’d rather he was phased in over the season when he’s 100%.

This is the clubs thinking. Under no circumstances will White he rushed back. I'd be surpirsed if he played more than 10 games this season. Club and player will not risk it 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

This is the clubs thinking. Under no circumstances will White he rushed back. I'd be surpirsed if he played more than 10 games this season. Club and player will not risk it 

Won’t feature before Xmas I reckon.  

Eddie The Eagle
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Won’t feature before Xmas I reckon.  

Wrapped in cotton wool is a term that springs to mind when it comes to Aidy, and quite rightly so,  he has had an Awfull time with injuries 

Absolutley Cracking player 

1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Why bother signing him then? It's not as if we are some sort of rehabilitation unit for injured players or maybe I have that wrong.

12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Did we not know how slow Burns was when we signed him? Or is he getting slower the older he gets ?

1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Just as well Hickey has proved himself ready. Pretty bizarre signing a guy who won't be fully ready until next season, how long is White''s contract?

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Just as well Hickey has proved himself ready. Pretty bizarre signing a guy who won't be fully ready until next season, how long is White''s contract?

Hickey has hardly proved himself after a handful of starts. Looks very good but only lots of potential right now.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Kickback in a nutshell.

Ah god love it! People always talk about what's wrong with jkb these days yet here we all are, eating up bandwidth. 

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Seems a weird comparison but I think Burns over the next few years could become whatever it is that Scott Brown is. Perhaps too nice but something about him makes me think of Brown is midfield. Perhaps totally off on this point but worth remembering Burns is only 18 and has loads of time to develop and flourish. 

A ****?

Burns is 19 by the way, 20 in October

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah god love it! People always talk about what's wrong with jkb these days yet here we all are, eating up bandwidth. 

A ****?

That’s him finished then.

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

A ****?

Does that not make him 20 then, going by the new method of calculating ages as outlined on the Whelan thread?

Unknown user
Just now, RobNox said:

Does that not make him 20 then, going by the new method of calculating ages as outlined on the Whelan thread?

21 next year!

We have plenty options at left back. Obviously we need to protect Hickey as he’s only young but there’s plenty there. White and Burns, plus Garuccio should be back soon. I think White will be the number one.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

21 next year!

In his twenties 

On 01/08/2019 at 21:04, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with this 

Tommy Brown
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

Dont be silly Rob. His age is when his contract ends.

A 19 yo on a 4 year makes him 23. If  he does not play as a mature 23, get rid.

A 27 yo on a. 4 year is 31. Does he have a sell on value as a 31, no? Get rid.

Tommy Brown
9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We have plenty options at left back. Obviously we need to protect Hickey as he’s only young but there’s plenty there. White and Burns, plus Garuccio should be back soon. I think White will be the number one.

Garruccio? Can't wait| not.

Sorry, but thank God we have Hickey, our back up is alarming.

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Garruccio? Can't wait| not.

Sorry, but thank God we have Hickey, our back up is alarming.

White with Hickey as back up is decent but it depends on the White gamble working. 

Bazzas right boot
On 02/08/2019 at 10:24, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s him finished then.

He's not finished, he's only... 

10 hours ago, Smithee said:

21 next year!

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Dont be silly Rob. His age is when his contract ends.

A 19 yo on a 4 year makes him 23. If  he does not play as a mature 23, get rid.

A 27 yo on a. 4 year is 31. Does he have a sell on value as a 31, no? Get rid.

Football manager strategy in a nutshell. 

Saint Jambo
44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

League debut next week I would think

You would have to think so and about time.

Faith that Hickey will be a good possibly great player in time but struggling at the moment. Not physically ready for the demands of regular first team football. Noticeably tires from 60minutes on in every game. Any team that doesn't try to exploit that needs better opposition scouting. Paid off for Aberdeen today. He was at fault (not solely responsible) for goal in two of our league cup games and at fault for the red card, even if a second yellow was extraordinarily harsh for the kind of foul the ref let Aberdeen players away without a booking throughout the match. Being forced into being dropped due to suspension might actually be no bad thing for Hickey's development.

Hopefully White can come in and impress.

BarneyBattles44

Nasty Boi has a lot to give

Not a player to put down

No idea why so many current first team squad players are getting slain.

Cheers

siegementality
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

And if he struggles next week?

He’s been with us for 6 months. Unless he was in Thailand with Vanecek then surely he’s fit by now.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
7 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

And if he struggles next week?

Then everybody needs sacked.

The Treasurer

Are we allowed over age players in the Challenge Cup ?

If so I'd give White a run out tomorrow against Albion Rovers/

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, skodef said:

Why is White here.He is not fit and is highly unlikely to ever be so it seems.Weird signing typical of Levein.

Take it you've never seen him play?  He's a quality player who is getting closer to peak fitness.

gashauskis9
12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

League debut next week I would think

Should be the case given his place on the bench yesterday.  However, wouldn’t shock me if Burns gets the nod, as I can’t imagine we’d get more than a half/60 mins out of White.

23 minutes ago, skodef said:

Why is White here.He is not fit and is highly unlikely to ever be so it seems.Weird signing typical of Levein.

Oh dear

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Take it you've never seen him play?  He's a quality player who is getting closer to peak fitness.