Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

Just now, Last Laff said:

He wasn’t good enough for Coventry but was recommended to us by Alexander and was signed on his recommendation having played with him instead of Elvis who chucked him our way.

”Hi Hearts it’s your former cup winning captain Elvis here, we have a player on trial not quite good enough but I’m strongly recommending him to you Craig”

Oh thanks for that, I’ll sign him on your word then Elvis even though I know the best for the whole of Scottish football, cheers. 

The recommendation was Alexander.  He came up after a failed trial at a higher level (more fool them). 

Made us a million though

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Last Laff said:

Oh, I see.  

No, we should fight it until the very end.

No, If Budge goes the courts then she has to be backed.

Stendel.  If not then Robinson.  If not Wright, if not possibly The King. 

Fair enough 👍

Just now, LeftBack said:

Made us a million though

Jumping for joy at that.  Considering the shit after he’s the one in erm a million. On the back of recommendations, not the scouting system or a Levein special (gamble). When that started the whole thing fell to ****.

Any year now we will have the best youth system in the country, it doesn’t happen overnight after all.  Hickey you say, product of Celtic, will make us pennies. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Jumping for joy at that.  Considering the shit after he’s the one in erm a million. On the back of recommendations, not the scouting system or a Levein special (gamble). When that started the whole thing fell to ****.

Any year now we will have the best youth system in the country, it doesn’t happen overnight after all.  Hickey you say, product of Celtic, will make us pennies. 

Willing to praise every club except your own.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Willing to praise every club except your own.

Lies.  You’ve not praised the club since Levein left.

Keep it up though.  I’ll be delighted if Stendel comes back and continues to clean up the shite left by Levein.  Sure you will agree if you actually care about HMFC and not just Levein.

Hickey is a Celtic product by the way. Where’s our players 6 years into the five year plan? 

Osman Sow the only successful gamble.  

Patterson leaving for nothing the best player we have produced BEFORE Levein. 

For **** sake man. 

Edited by Last Laff

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Keep it up though.  I’ll be delighted if Stendel comes back and continues to clean up the shite left by Levein.  Sure you will agree if you actually care about HMFC and not just Levein.

Hickey is a Celtic product by the way. Where’s our players 6 years into the five year plan? 

For **** sake man. 

I think Levein is an awkward sod who shouldn't have got the job in the first place - definitely not on a 3 year contract - and should have recognised earlier that he didn't have it in him anymore as a top flight manager.

I think Stendel has proven very little and I hope to god he abandons his habit of putting playing people like Naismith and Boyce deep and putting 5 strikers on the bench and bringing them on with 10 minutes left when losing to the likes of Hamilton. Robbo has been my choice as manager for quite a while.

Osman Sow wasn't a gamble any more than any player is. He was a very good signing.

Our record of bringing young players through to the first team and often on to International honours has consistently been one of, if not the, best in the country for a couple of decades. We're always, at minimum, giving youngsters a chance while other clubs don't. Hickey is a youngster we spotted, signed and developed into a first team regular. Celtic failed in every aspect of that. Hope that helps clarify my position!

Edited by ToqueJambo

59 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

For **** sake man. 

Hickey was ar Hearts before Celtic.

Who's Patterson?

If you mean Paterson he did not leave for nothing.  We got a development fee plus a sell on clause.  We cannot force players to extend thier contracts as the ball is in their courts.

All that aside, this is a White thread which you have used as another anti Levein thread. 

HE'S GONE!

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think Levein is an awkward sod who shouldn't have got the job in the first place - definitely not on a 3 year contract - and should have recognised earlier that he didn't have it in him anymore as a top flight manager.

I think Stendel has proven very little and I hope to god he abandons his habit of putting playing people like Naismith and Boyce deep and putting 5 strikers on the bench and bringing them on with 10 minutes left when losing to the likes of Hamilton. Robbo has been my choice as manager for quite a while.

Osman Sow wasn't a gamble any more than any player is. He was a very good signing.

Our record of bringing young players through to the first team and often on to International honours has consistently been one of, if not the, best in the country for a couple of decades. We're always, at minimum, giving youngsters a chance while other clubs don't. Hickey is a youngster we spotted, signed and developed into a first team regular. Celtic failed in every aspect of that. Hope that helps clarify my position!

Your last paragraph, you have to agree that under Levein we brought nobody through good enough to bring through with any chance of international honours.

Hickey has ultimately came on loan to us. 30% fee to Celtic and he will be away back there having being developed by Celtic,  Celtic failed nowhere and have every base covered.  Hickey has a year left, wants to go back to Celtic and any other club they get a massive percentage of a shit fee we get for him.   He will go back to them 100% and we will be lucky with £500k max.  Fantastic management eh? 

Class of 75
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Same as what the poster I replied to said.  Coincidently.  Apologists all over the shop.  People have their reasons but I simply don’t understand people sticking up for Craig Levein when it’s cost our club millions and continues to leave us up shit creek.  It’s simply baffling.  You’re right also with the games you mentioned, I remember going to bayview the year before against Raith winning on pens watching utter shit.  Inverness better than us in Beiths testimonial, Shankland, who wasn’t worth the gamble (shamelessly) the best player on the pitch for Dundee Utd.  There’s hundreds of examples.   Just bad luck though.

Agree mate. Utter shambles the state he has left us in. Arguably the third biggest club in Scotland with the budget to match yet for 2 seasons we were watching dross on the pitch that would struggle in the Championship. His signing policy was scatter gun to say the least and the endless progression of projects and players sub standard to the level required seriously worrying. These apologists reckon bad luck but when you add up the money spent on the likes of Oshinawa, Vanecek, Martin, Wighton, etc etc his decision making must be called into question. 

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hickey was ar Hearts before Celtic.

Who's Patterson?

If you mean Paterson he did not leave for nothing.  We got a development fee plus a sell on clause.  We cannot force players to extend thier contracts as the ball is in their courts.

All that aside, this is a White thread which you have used as another anti Levein thread. 

HE'S GONE!

Hickey was at hearts for a year then Celtic for four years. Coming from their school . Hickey did play for our under 10s tho. Do keep up.

Thank **** he’s gone too 👍

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Agree mate. Utter shambles the state he has left us in. Arguably the third biggest club in Scotland with the budget to match yet for 2 seasons we were watching dross on the pitch that would struggle in the Championship. His signing policy was scatter gun to say the least and the endless progression of projects and players sub standard to the level required seriously worrying. These apologists reckon bad luck but when you add up the money spent on the likes of Oshinawa, Vanecek, Martin, Wighton, etc etc his decision making must be called into question. 

There’s no arguing about it. Third biggest club in the country millions wasted and budget the players you mention and more it’s scandalous like.  White is just another added to the list. Hope for the best not got a clue, the Levein story.  

Class of 75
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s no arguing about it. Third biggest club in the country millions wasted and budget the players you mention and more it’s scandalous like.  White is just another added to the list. Hope for the best not got a clue, the Levein story.  

Yep, very scary that players such as White were any where near Hearts. The guy hadn't played competitive football in nearly 3 seasons yet was deemed suitable for a contract. Why not buy a young left back from Scotland who knows the game and could be sold on if successful. White has no sell on value due to age and injury history so would never have been a positive signing only an expensive gamble. But given who signed him not surprised in the least. 

Edited by Class of 75

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hickey was at hearts for a year then Celtic for four years. Coming from their school . Hickey did play for our under 10s tho. Do keep up.

Thank **** he’s gone too 👍

Correct.  Amen

What about White - the subject of the thread?

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Your last paragraph, you have to agree that under Levein we brought nobody through good enough to bring through with any chance of international honours.

Hickey has ultimately came on loan to us. 30% fee to Celtic and he will be away back there having being developed by Celtic,  Celtic failed nowhere and have every base covered.  Hickey has a year left, wants to go back to Celtic and any other club they get a massive percentage of a shit fee we get for him.   He will go back to them 100% and we will be lucky with £500k max.  Fantastic management eh? 

We have brought Hickey through. He's currently the best player of that age in the country and has every chance of international honours. If we had a national team that put faith in teenagers, like Wales and NI have been doing, he'd have been capped by now. It's because of the way we developed him Bayern and co are interested, not because of anything Celtic did.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Every club's scouting system includes contacts in the game. Plenty clubs sign players after initially hearing about them through a tip-off from someone in their network. It's what you do with the tip-offs that matters. In this case we did a great job signing and getting money for Sow, apart from the timing of his departure.

Just a pity their contacts didn’t give them many more good tips I suppose. But let’s not go through all that again.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just a pity their contacts didn’t give them many more good tips I suppose. But let’s not go through all that again.

If we had signed Haring and Halkett at the same time, absolutely no-one would imagine Haring would be the success he's been and Halkett the overall disappointment. One was an unknown foreigner from the Austrian lower leagues who had done nothing and one was one of the best young CDs in the league in Scotland when we signed him - exactly the kind of proven Premiership player we always hear folk want us to sign. Point is there are no guarantees when signing any player so a tip only becomes "good" with hindsight.

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we had signed Haring and Halkett at the same time, absolutely no-one would imagine Haring would be the success he's been and Halkett the overall disappointment. One was an unknown foreigner from the Austrian lower leagues who had done nothing and one was one of the best young CDs in the league in Scotland when we signed him - exactly the kind of proven Premiership player we always hear folk want us to sign. Point is there are no guarantees when signing any player so a tip only becomes "good" with hindsight.

I still think Halkett will come good.

You're totally right about signings. I don't remember one complaint, in fact to a man we all thought he was a scoop.

I'd like us to sign more in that market, so Lyndon Dykes n guys like that.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I still think Halkett will come good.

You're totally right about signings. I don't remember one complaint, in fact to a man we all thought he was a scoop.

I'd like us to sign more in that market, so Lyndon Dykes n guys like that.

Levein was interested in Dykes when he was at QoS. Got dogs abuse on here for it too.