Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

heartsfc_fan

He's had some ok moments but I think on more than one occasion he's been subbed off at half time (not because he was playing badly). Obviously not particularly fit.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

been here before

Id forgotten about him. Was it him who came in injured, took a while to get a game, looked no bad, got injured before ciming back but not looking as good as he did?

Gulf Jambo
8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He's had some ok moments but I think on more than one occasion he's been subbed off at half time (not because he was playing badly). Obviously not particularly fit.

He was subbed off twice at Half Time due to concussion injuries.

If i remember he broke his nose badly years ago and now its a problem spot and can bleed & get damaged more easily and be linked to easier concussions

42 minutes ago, martoon said:

We made some bizarre signings under Romanov but, credit Craig, he matched, maybe even exceeded, the crazy. 

Some of the best players I will ever see under Romanov.

been here before
15 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

He was subbed off twice at Half Time due to concussion injuries.

If i remember he broke his nose badly years ago and now its a problem spot and can bleed & get damaged more easily and be linked to easier concussions

Oh aye thats right. He was hooked at half time in one game following an elbow in the face.

vlad on the tyne

White ain't very good.  He struggled for the majority of his appearances and rarely completed games. The chat from Levein about us being lucky to have him and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for injuries 🤔

Bazzas right boot

Still think he is a decent player. 

Needs a run free of injuries and getting smashed in the face tho. 

Always find it a little mad when people slate managers for these kind of signings. Hindsight is wonderful, but look at the guys CV. Clearly he has quality and calibre. Sadly fitness issues have prevented him showing that. Shite it hasn't really worked out and I'd be content to cut cloth as we are a bit over stocked for left backs, but to call him a shocking signing is a bit much. Mr Levein has plenty knives in his back already.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still think he is a decent player. 

Needs a run free of injuries and getting smashed in the face tho. 

I bet he agrees!

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Always find it a little mad when people slate managers for these kind of signings. Hindsight is wonderful, but look at the guys CV. Clearly he has quality and calibre. Sadly fitness issues have prevented him showing that. Shite it hasn't really worked out and I'd be content to cut cloth as we are a bit over stocked for left backs, but to call him a shocking signing is a bit much. Mr Levein has plenty knives in his back already.

It was shocking to give more than a 1year deal.

He'd probably have got a bit more game time too if Hickey hadn't broken through at 16 and played so well (he signed before Hickey even made his debut iirc).

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Some of the best players I will ever see under Romanov.

Agreed. Saw some of the worst, too. 😊

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It was shocking to give more than a 1year deal.

I'd agree with that. The contract durations for a few of the signings when he was here was very odd. I get that short deals can be risky as if they have a great season and interest crops up, they'll **** off for free, but we've sadly only been affected by the other extreme. Long deals for players who've done **** all but take up a wage bill.

3 years for Damour. :facepalm: 

I feel for White, I really do. When he has played he has undoubtedly tried his best but in all honesty he hasn't been great at all. Upsetting to see how panicked his body language is when he does get injured in a tackle, he is carrying a lot of fear which is understandable. 

The signing of players who have had promising starts to their careers and then stalled for various reasons rarely works. Whether it's injury like White or complete loss of form like Avdijaj the chances of turning things around is slim and requires a great deal of investment of money and time. We need to stop gambling like this in the future. 

Famous 1874

The guy is absolutely terrible. Bet he must have been pissing himself when offered a 2.5 year deal after not playing for 2.5 years. Levein in a nutshell that signing.

Holyrood_Hearts
41 minutes ago, Locky said:

It’s like the criticism of Halkett on another thread by a couple posters. He’s not had a great season but he’s not been a bad signing at all. 

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The guy is absolutely terrible. Bet he must have been pissing himself when offered a 2.5 year deal after not playing for 2.5 years. Levein in a nutshell that signing.

He’s not terrible ffs. Get a grip 

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

It’s like the criticism of Halkett on another thread by a couple posters. He’s not had a great season but he’s not been a bad signing at all. 

2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He’s not terrible ffs. Get a grip 

Many games you watched this season? Halkett has been absolutely atrocious bar 1 or 2 games (Hibs away both times and Rangers in the cup) standout to me. The guy cost us goals every week man. Aidy White is nowhere near Hearts level. 

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He's disappointed me a little, perhaps I expected too much. But given the season we've had, it's hard to judge him too much. He's relatively young for a centre half still so I'm confident he'll come around eventually.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Many games you watched this season? Halkett has been absolutely atrocious bar 1 or 2 games (Hibs away both times and Rangers in the cup) standout to me. The guy cost us goals every week man. Aidy White is nowhere near Hearts level. 

He has not to be fair. Berra, Doyle & Pereira have been more accountable than Halkett 

You see his name in the starting 11 you want to start hurting yourself!! Dreadful, horrific, unbelievable.. etc...etc...etc sums up the crap that Levein believed could fight for the cause

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Locky said:

I think Craig Levein thought he could successfully repeat the gamble he made with Neil McFarlane, during his first spell as manager. McFarlane came to us with a bad injury, on cheap wages, but was rehabilitated by Hearts and did us a reasonable turn when he got fit and in the team. 
Maybe the injury history of Levein, himself, gave him a desire to give long term injured players a second chance. Who knows. He badly overdid it with so many players, of this condition, during his time as DOF and then manager. Looking for bargains, but just loading the squad up with players who, sadly, were just never going to recover sufficiently to play at a high level again.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think Craig Levein thought he could successfully repeat the gamble he made with Neil McFarlane, during his first spell as manager. McFarlane came to us with a bad injury, on cheap wages, but was rehabilitated by Hearts and did us a reasonable turn when he got fit and in the team. 
Maybe the injury history of Levein, himself, gave him a desire to give long term injured players a second chance. Who knows. He badly overdid it with so many players, of this condition, during his time as DOF and then manager. Looking for bargains, but just loading the squad up with players who, sadly, were just never going to recover sufficiently to play at a high level again.

Spot on. There are gems out there to be discovered and I don't want us to give up signing a punt type player here and there. I'm totally happy for us to put aside budget for that every year as we have had a lot of success with that approach in the past. However, we did sign too many at one time and the injuries meant a number of punts and players signed to fill out the squad in the hope of one being a gem ended up in the first team quite quickly out of necessity. Levein has taken players being played out of position or who have been injured or who had had fairly obscure and/or injury hit careers and turned them into great signings in the past so it's understandable he had the confidence he could do it. Maybe he wasn't involved enough with the players on a day to day basis to do that anymore? Who knows? Haring and Sow probably go down as his last two successful signings of that type.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Locky said:

I'd agree with that. The contract durations for a few of the signings when he was here was very odd. I get that short deals can be risky as if they have a great season and interest crops up, they'll **** off for free, but we've sadly only been affected by the other extreme. Long deals for players who've done **** all but take up a wage bill.

3 years for Damour. :facepalm: 

Sorry to break it to you, but Damour was actually given a 4 year deal :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Aww ****, I got mixed up cos it's still 3 years left. :sob: 

Our defence / goalkeeping all

season has been honking. The only exception has been Hickey. 
every other player has been instrumental in our brutal season. Halkett has been hugely disappointing in particular. 

Just now, Locky said:

Aww ****, I got mixed up cos it's still 3 years left. :sob: 

that’s depressing as hell

5 hours ago, Locky said:

Knives in his back? You make it sound like Levein has been hard done by!

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

WTF gets a 4 year deal - and what idiot would give one out!

If White was on a pay per play deal he’d be skint ! Probably be on Working tax credit or some kinda benefit . 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Meadows said:

If White was on a pay per play deal he’d be skint ! Probably be on Working tax credit or some kinda benefit . 

A bit harsh Calum, anyway get the guy that runs your old boozer Dickens to start serving takeaway bevvy all it needs i believe is to change to an off licence. I have been drinking outside the Chain Pier for the last couple of weeks weather permitting they serve alcohol from a window tins of beer/lager and a two litre Tennents lager plastic container, small bottles of wine and prosecco luvvly jubbly. The manager told me that they just asked to change to an off licence. Nice wee open beer garden to the side with great views over the forth to fife.

Even lower league players will have his number. A standard Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup level signing from the Budge era.

Edited by i8hibsh

Ainsley Harriott

Another shit player in a very long list of shit compiled by the shittest manager in history.

Am I the only one that thought he was coming into a game before season stopped ? Lots of decent last ditch tackles 

been here before
51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Even lower league players will have his number. A standard Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup level signing from the Budge era.

What games have you seen him play in?

I think injuries and time away have proved too much to overcome for him. Really showed his skill and ability in a few games last season, but that was all. Shame 

25 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Am I the only one that thought he was coming into a game before season stopped ? Lots of decent last ditch tackles 

He was. He was out the game a long time and I think he could end up doing ok. We need to be getting players in that can hit the ground running and are fully match fit though. There were too many players who didn’t have 90 minutes in them last season.

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Terrible signing.The guys is 3 yards off the game and soft as shite.

You think he’s too slow?! 

Leveins Battalion
59 minutes ago, kila said:

You think he’s too slow?! 

He is not slow but he is miles and miles off the pace of professional football,I can remember what game it was ( one where he and Berra were running into each other all game)

I wa embarrassed for him.

bigsuperslim1874
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He is not slow but he is miles and miles off the pace of professional football,I can remember what game it was ( one where he and Berra were running into each other all game)

I wa embarrassed for him.

Berra did that to a few folk though.....

David McCaig

I think Aidy White may be the player who benefits most from lockdown.

Last season showed that at least he was capable of playing again, although confidence and fitness still very fragile. Remember he had out been out injured for almost 3 years!

He certainly showed sparks of ability and even blistering pace on occasions.

A full pre season on top of a prolonged period of being injury free will make a world of difference to him.

He wasn’t worth the wait but he’d probably do ok in the championship tbh.

A really poor signing by CL.