Levein on Vanecek...........again.....!!

Section Q

32 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

My view is that there is more to this than meets the eye. 

It all seems to be a bit strange to me since the guy arrived. Turns up a mess fitness wise and Levein starts him against livi. Now 4 months down the line his fitness obviously improved since his debut in January yet he can't even make the bench when we are short of strikers. Doesn't add up IMHO. Also if you read my last post I said it could be the players attitude that was wrong so not necessarily am I blaming Levein. 

Yeah fair dues - genuinely debating the point

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Inch Hearts

• Harry Potter

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He was hopeless against Dundee, the booking didnt help but I wasnt surprised to see him hooked. If he is struggling with the language, that's all on him, he should've been taking lessons. He should've been been more professional and kept himself fit before arriving, the social media stuff was a bit silly and he's been quite rightly pulled up for that. 

Maybe he's lazy and doesnt deserve a chance ahead of other players.

As I said at the time he had around 4 weeks of free time before he officially started his contract.

Had he been properly professional he should have come to Edinburgh way earlier than he did.

I said this in December before I knew how badly he would start. I’d suggest there are stronger indicators that his attitude is questionable than he is a snowflake that can’t take criticism from his manager and that he doesn’t deserve that criticism 

Edited by Jammy T

1971fozzy

I’m sorry but I don’t get the sympathy for Vanacek. He lorded himself up hugely on social media. Couldn’t wait to come and get stuck in. Wanted to come earlier etc etc. He knew we were fecked with Uche out and how much we needed him. So what did he do ? Went on a holiday and downed fitness tools. Absolutely disgraceful. Levein (who I am not a fan of) was 100% correct in calling him out because his rep was at stake. He had to explain to supporters that he wasn’t on the ball and why because otherwise he would of been hounded for signing another dud. Whilst this may still be the case , he wasn’t at fault for explaining why a player who was himself promising the earth wasn’t fit to do so. Vanacek was a disgrace for turning up in the condition he did. Whilst I have patience and sympathy for players settling , he arrived in a non condition before these factors came into contention. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sorry but I don’t get the sympathy for Vanacek. He lorded himself up hugely on social media. Couldn’t wait to come and get stuck in. Wanted to come earlier etc etc. He knew we were fecked with Uche out and how much we needed him. So what did he do ? Went on a holiday and downed fitness tools. Absolutely disgraceful. Levein (who I am not a fan of) was 100% correct in calling him out because his rep was at stake. He had to explain to supporters that he wasn’t on the ball and why because otherwise he would of been hounded for signing another dud. Whilst this may still be the case , he wasn’t at fault for explaining why a player who was himself promising the earth wasn’t fit to do so. Vanacek was a disgrace for turning up in the condition he did. Whilst I have patience and sympathy for players settling , he arrived in a non condition before these factors came into contention. 

Spot on. The guy was disrespectful to the club and supporters by turning up like that mid season. 

If he is not ready to start by now, then he isn't working hard enough to get fit and repay us for his over the top jolly of a holiday. 

It's just not adding up is it. Came back in a terrible condition but the manager starts him in games anyway. Hauls him off early when we rarely make a sub till the last 20 minutes in any game. More than 3 months later and he still has fitness and would you believe it confidence issues. The most logical conclusion is he is just not good enough. The most likely end to this will be him leaving in the summer, the reason given that he is not suited to Scottish football. No one comes out of this with any credit.

The scandal is obviously how much money has been wasted. There will definitely have been a decent signing on fee as he was a pre contract agreement and I would be surprised if he is not amongst our highest earners. It's not long ago since we were being asked to pay for season tickets in cash to save on the club paying fees on debit and credit cards. The amount of money wasted on no marks since then is appalling. 

Edited by Jodami

19 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's just not adding up is it. Came back in a terrible condition but the manager starts him in games anyway. Hauls him off early when we rarely make a sub till the last 20 minutes in any game. More than 3 months later and he still has fitness and would you believe it confidence issues. The most logical conclusion is he is just not good enough. The most likely end to this will be him leaving in the summer, the reason given that he is not suited to Scottish football. No one comes out of this with any credit.

The scandal is obviously how much money has been wasted. There will definitely have been a decent signing on fee as he was a pre contract agreement and I would be surprised if he is not amongst our highest earners. It's not long ago since we were being asked to pay for season tickets in cash to save on the club paying fees on debit and credit cards. The amount of money wasted on no marks since then is appalling. 

Looks like you've made your final judgment.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Looks like you've made your final judgment.

Suspect we will find out soon enough. Happy to eat humble pie forever if he comes in and helps us win the cup. 

11 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Didn’t know Scottish football was known for it’s pace. Physicality yes, but the tempo compared to almost every other league in Europe it’s slow

I dont think it is its frantic and in your face. You dont get time on the ball like you do abroad. If your first touch isn't good then your wipes out with a tackle. That's where I think hes been caught out. I am hopeful he will adapt but only time will tell. 

Skacelsid
16 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Where do they actually watch them, seems a bit suss to me.

Agents taking the piss, money money money 

Modern day recruitment seems like footballs equivalent to on line shopping. New ways are not always better ways, sometimes just easier and lazier.

You would hope that having now got himself into some sort of proper condition physically and that he has had time to watch and see how the game is actually played here that he would now be in a  position to come into the side and make some sort of contribution. You get confidence by getting out on to the pitch and playing to the very best of your abilities. We have a Final in two weeks. He’s in a position where he can force himself into contention if he applies himself properly. It’s up to him now to show what he’s all about - if he’s given the opportunity. Friday night is probs my going to be a important night for him. I hope he is up for it.

Section Q
9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Tend to agree here.

He knew he was joining us for months before he left his home club, but he's Levein's player, and what's happened since then...?

We've had players back playing first team football after sustaining the worst injuries. Still difficult to accept fitness issues as the only reason.

Jamhammer
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Think it's a racing certainty we'll see Vanecek shortly. Given Levein's comments today, about keeping MacLean relatively fresh for the Final.

Celtic will be ******** themselves.

There has to be more behind it than fitness. Surely he'd be coming off the bench occasionally by now. I know calling Sir Paul out publicly made him knuckle down but it certainly doesn't seem to have worked here. However, I'm not totally writing him off yet,

Edited by Jamhammer

Inch Hearts
11 hours ago, Jammy T said:

As I said at the time he had around 4 weeks of free time before he officially started his contract.

Had he been properly professional he should have come to Edinburgh way earlier than he did.

I said this in December before I knew how badly he would start. I’d suggest there are stronger indicators that his attitude is questionable than he is a snowflake that can’t take criticism from his manager and that he doesn’t deserve that criticism 

You can’t just make up the player has a questionable attitude :lol: he came to the club when he was asked to report to us.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

How unfit was Vanecek when he arrived? Didn't look that out of shape, especially given he posted a topless photo on Instagram in late Dec. He is certainly no worse than Uche for fitness, who is just all about muscle (he is knackered after each short sprint).

I don't Vanecek wasn't even 'bigging' himself up that much on Instagram, more just excited to be coming etc.

He is a poacher style striker. Was clear from his YouTube videos. But that isn't how Levein wants Hearts to play. Baffles me why he bothered signing him in the first place.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, kila said:

How unfit was Vanecek when he arrived? Didn't look that out of shape, especially given he posted a topless photo on Instagram in late Dec. He is certainly no worse than Uche for fitness, who is just all about muscle (he is knackered after each short sprint).

I don't Vanecek wasn't even 'bigging' himself up that much on Instagram, more just excited to be coming etc.

He is a poacher style striker. Was clear from his YouTube videos. But that isn't how Levein wants Hearts to play. Baffles me why he bothered signing him in the first place.

He may perform in a team with Naismith in it which was clearly the only plan we had for the season leaving us having to resort to pass and punt. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He may perform in a team with Naismith in it which was clearly the only plan we had for the season leaving us having to resort to pass and punt. 

We weren't forced to resort to pass and punt.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We weren't forced to resort to pass and punt.

It looks that way? It seems that Levein hasn’t got the confidence in the team without Naisy In it to not revert back to his tried and tested safety first approach.  There’s no point in playing a poacher if the plan is hoof then win set pieces.  If you’re a forward that isn’t good at holiding up the ball or winning headers you haven’t got a hope in this side - it’s exactly why Lafferty was so effective. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It looks that way? It seems that Levein hasn’t got the confidence in the team without Naisy In it to not revert back to his tried and tested safety first approach.  There’s no point in playing a poacher if the plan is hoof then win set pieces.  If you’re a forward that isn’t good at holiding up the ball or winning headers you haven’t got a hope in this side - it’s exactly why Lafferty was so effective. 

OK. Forced to pass and punt in the sense that Levein forced us to. And forced us to persist despite it being a resounding failure. Who knows if we would have had more success with a different approach but it would certainly have been less painful to watch.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. Forced to pass and punt in the sense that Levein forced us to. And forced us to persist despite it being a resounding failure. Who knows if we would have had more success with a different approach but it would certainly have been less painful to watch.

Theres no way that Christophe plays the exact same balls about 20 times a game unless instructed to.  You can even see him frustrated with it at times as he’s the fall guy as recently Souttar has his out of doing so and just passes to Berra or to the midfield who then pass back to Berra.  

Not getting this unfit nonsense, he had four weeks off ffs! & it’s now May. Any professional athlete would be up to speed by now. There was no injury to recover from so no excuse whatsoever.

The whole saga has been pretty shambolic from the beginning imo.

We tried like hell to get him here in August and had no real Plan B when the move didn’t go through. Not the players fault.

When he arrived at the club he was unfit and unable to speak the basics of the language.....This is mostly the players fault. He should have taken the initiative to get English lessons when the deal was signed....the club should have insisted on this and monitored it so they can take a portion of the blame.

The there was the issue with his fitness.....again he should have done everything he could to arrive in Edinburgh in tip top condition. He didn’t and again he should shoulder the majority of the blame but we should have been monitoring his fitness levels and issued him with a programme whilst he was off for a month.

However....

playing him whilst he wasn’t fit enough is not the players fault....the coaches would observe him during training and must have known he was off the pace.

A combination of these factors has no doubt put the lad on a downer.

For me it’s mostly mismanagement from the outset.

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

You can’t just make up the player has a questionable attitude :lol: he came to the club when he was asked to report to us.  

Aye but he was invited to join up earlier and decided to go on a holiday from which he has not fully recovered 6 months later! I think that justifies questions over the guy's attitude.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

If I was moving to a new country and club i’d get there early and get to know the club, players earlier than I needed to.

Rudi and Hartley stayed behind at training to practice free kicks and suchlike. Same sort of thing here.

So you miss the point. He did what he needed to do (apart from keep himself fit). What he didn’t do was show ambition or the type of “go to the next level” type attitude that proper players that develop into great players do.

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Aye but he was invited to join up earlier and decided to go on a holiday from which he has not fully recovered 6 months later! I think that justifies questions over the guy's attitude.

I ask you, as an adult, do you really believe that story? 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

How was he able to join up before his transfer was finalised?  If anything happened in that period to him we could have cancelled a PCA and he would be left without a club.  

You think a holiday has led to him being unfit for the rest of the season?  I’ve my doubts myself.  It could be the fact he’s not the player the manager was expecting but to just go for the easy option of him having a poor attitude when he’s been publicly hung out to dry numerous times is a little lazy. 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

If I was moving to a new country and club i’d get there early and get to know the club, players earlier than I needed to.

Rudi and Hartley stayed behind at training to practice free kicks and suchlike. Same sort of thing here.

So you miss the point. He did what he needed to do (apart from keep himself fit). What he didn’t do was show ambition or the type of “go to the next level” type attitude that proper players that develop into great players do.

He was under contract to another club then we went to Spain where it was agreed he would join the club.  Did Olly Lee move up to Edinburgh in May and hang about the club?  He attended a game and that was about it.

Who is to say he’s not training well?  He was put on an invidual programme which doesn’t seem to have done the trick, I can’t see that being the players problem.  

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

How was he able to join up before his transfer was finalised?  If anything happened in that period to him we could have cancelled a PCA and he would be left without a club.  

You think a holiday has led to him being unfit for the rest of the season?  I’ve my doubts myself.  It could be the fact he’s not the player the manager was expecting but to just go for the easy option of him having a poor attitude when he’s been publicly hung out to dry numerous times is a little lazy. 

Suspect the holiday had a serious impact on fitness and ruined his relationship with his new boss. Confidence then went as a result of not playing and relationship issues at the Club. Initially he didn’t mix well and seemed to have language problems. Add to that a pregnant wife who wanted to be back in Czech Rep and it’s easy to see why he has disappeared without trace. Fault on both sides but largely big Dave to blame I think. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect the holiday had a serious impact on fitness and ruined his relationship with his new boss. Confidence then went as a result of not playing and relationship issues at the Club. Initially he didn’t mix well and seemed to have language problems. Add to that a pregnant wife who wanted to be back in Czech Rep and it’s easy to see why he has disappeared without trace. Fault on both sides but largely big Dave to blame I think. 

Fair dos and sounds more reasoned than he just turned up not giving a shit.  How can you get so unfit going on holiday mid season with your wife? 

soonbe110
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Fair dos and sounds more reasoned than he just turned up not giving a shit.  How can you get so unfit going on holiday mid season with your wife? 

He went on holiday with mates, some time of them previous team mates, to Thailand for 3 weeks just before joining us. Easy to see how fitness problems develop especially if he is the type of guy who struggles with his weight. We have had some guys in the past who would struggle with their weight after a few days in Thailand off the leash, Stevie F for one always took a few weeks longer after summer break before he was back to his fighting weight. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He went on holiday with mates, some time of them previous team mates, to Thailand for 3 weeks just before joining us. Easy to see how fitness problems develop especially if he is the type of guy who struggles with his weight. We have had some guys in the past who would struggle with their weight after a few days in Thailand off the leash, Stevie F for one always took a few weeks longer after summer break before he was back to his fighting weight. 

Fair enough didn’t realise it was a lads jolly for three weeks, would he have consulted his new boss before doing so?  That seems pretty unprofessional if the case, does he always have a shit second half of the season in that case as there’s a massive break in the Czech leagues every season?  He must have been doing well after last seasons break for us to be interested in the first place? 

1 hour ago, sac said:

Not getting this unfit nonsense, he had four weeks off ffs! & it’s now May. Any professional athlete would be up to speed by now. There was no injury to recover from so no excuse whatsoever.

I don’t think there is any doubt that he arrived well short of the level of fitness expected of a player in mid season. I reckon that attitude, the lack of English and possibly a realisation that the player was not going to cut here in Scotland with the physical side of the game here. It begs the question though who scouted him and who actually watched him playing in his home country.

The next couple of games will decide how things pan out for him. You would like to think that he would be busting a gut to impress. Time will tell though.

Edited by Deevers

Robbo-Jambo
13 hours ago, Jodami said:

This 100 per cent

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Its just another bad signing nothing else,our scouting system needs a complete overhaul.

The whole football side at Hearts is rotten.

Robbo-Jambo
52 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How the feck did he get permission for a lads 3 week holiday when his missus was pregnant. That's what I want to know ??

Eddie The Eagle
14 hours ago, Jodami said:

Yes,  agreed and yet nobody at the club is culpable. Any other workplace in the world,  there would be repercussions, yet we continue to show faith in our scouting system and recruitment, i think we would all be shocked by the figures that have been wasted on dud players since Budge and Craigs tenure. I don't want to know, i  would surmise it's a fortune and likely into a few millions of pounds with little return 

On 07/05/2019 at 07:30, Bauld said:

Boys an arse.

Has fully deserved the hard time he's been given.

Has it all to prove and hopefully he does just that. 

When you say the boys and arse I am assuming you are referring to Levein for his shocking handling of a new player and how to demoralise someone in a strange Country at a new football club and publicly decry and humiliate him.

CostaJambo
3 hours ago, Jodami said:

I ask you, as an adult, do you really believe that story? 

Well if you can be ersed looking on the BBC website (I can't) you will find the invitation directly attributed to CL in an interview prior to the Czech league finishing (around November last year).

On 07/05/2019 at 07:45, Vlad the impaler said:

There seems to be a pattern emerging with strikers at our club....they all lack confidence. This particular player certainly didn’t arrive with a lack of it that’s for sure

Maybe the style of play and coaching or lack of it has a major part to play.

siegementality
On 07/05/2019 at 12:07, Bob Loblaw said:

He can't get match fit if he doesn't play.  He looks of a relatively decent fitness level when playing for the reserves, sounds like excuses from Levein.  It's no wonder his confidence is low after the way he's been singled out publicly.  

Guys like Clare and Wighton weren't fit when they came and they rightly got given time to get up to speed.  There's been no such concessions for Vanecek.

Maybe Vanecek is actually a football player and will further show Leivens hoofball up for what is is?

siegementality
15 hours ago, Jodami said:

The scandal is obviously how much money has been wasted. There will definitely have been a decent signing on fee as he was a pre contract agreement and I would be surprised if he is not amongst our highest earners. It's not long ago since we were being asked to pay for season tickets in cash to save on the club paying fees on debit and credit cards. The amount of money wasted on no marks since then is appalling

And there is a long list of those!!

I’d love to see how much money has been spent on players since that time. Even the most rabid Levein fan could not defend the amount of money we have spent v’s the quality of squad we current,y have. The money wasted on “punts” and poor signings should in itself be enough to get any manager sacked.

jambonian
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 07:45, Vlad the impaler said:

There seems to be a pattern emerging with strikers at our club....they all lack confidence. This particular player certainly didn’t arrive with a lack of it that’s for sure

Not just strikers. Lots of our signings have arrived looking decent then fallen away after a few months. Been going on since we returned to the SPL under Neilson. The list is frightening! Said before and will say again, the coaching of our players would appear to be not of sufficient standard. After a while they look bored, rudderless, frustrated and lack fight, confidence and passion. Clubs with much smaller budgets than us seem to find players who come in and play games straight away and they contribute. They also look fitter and sharper than us a lot of the time, and I include teams in the bottom 3 or 4. The system has been in place since 2015/16 and it's not working. Someone needs to grab the situation and sort it out promptly before we are the laughing stock of the league again, if we aren't already. Do we trust the manager with another transfer window? I'd rather we changed, brought in a new coaching team altogether with fresh ideas and bring the feelgood factor back to the club. I was at Tynie at the weekend, I've never seen such dour faces in a crowd of people, and this was before kick-off! It was like most would rather be elsewhere than Tynie but came anyway through loyalty. That's not Hearts.

1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Yes,  agreed and yet nobody at the club is culpable. Any other workplace in the world,  there would be repercussions, yet we continue to show faith in our scouting system and recruitment, i think we would all be shocked by the figures that have been wasted on dud players since Budge and Craigs tenure. I don't want to know, i  would surmise it's a fortune and likely into a few millions of pounds with little return 

If you release 18 players and sign 18 players there's always the chance that you are in a net position financially.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

If you release 18 players and sign 18 players there's always the chance that you are in a net position financially.

20 minutes ago, graygo said:

Getting rid of players you don't want and replacing them with ones you do want (for however long that may be) will tend to have negative financial impact,

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Well if you can be ersed looking on the BBC website (I can't) you will find the invitation directly attributed to CL in an interview prior to the Czech league finishing (around November last year).

I'm not doubting what you are saying about the holiday, I am talking about why he is not in the first 16 selected for first team games 5 months later. 

Vlad the impaler
4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Not just strikers. Lots of our signings have arrived looking decent then fallen away after a few months. Been going on since we returned to the SPL under Neilson. The list is frightening! Said before and will say again, the coaching of our players would appear to be not of sufficient standard. After a while they look bored, rudderless, frustrated and lack fight, confidence and passion. Clubs with much smaller budgets than us seem to find players who come in and play games straight away and they contribute. They also look fitter and sharper than us a lot of the time, and I include teams in the bottom 3 or 4. The system has been in place since 2015/16 and it's not working. Someone needs to grab the situation and sort it out promptly before we are the laughing stock of the league again, if we aren't already. Do we trust the manager with another transfer window? I'd rather we changed, brought in a new coaching team altogether with fresh ideas and bring the feelgood factor back to the club. I was at Tynie at the weekend, I've never seen such dour faces in a crowd of people, and this was before kick-off! It was like most would rather be elsewhere than Tynie but came anyway through loyalty. That's not Hearts.

I can’t argue with any of that tbh. But is it as easy a fix as binning Levein and signing new players?...I’m not so sure

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, jambonian said:

How many other clubs players do you watch and who are these players? 

What other teams, apart from rangers and celtic look fitter than us regularly ? 

Twice v Aberdeen for example we have looked much stronger and faster. 

And how would you know this? 

Souttar, Haring and Uche have all signed extensions this season, Naismith looks Likley. 

Are you saying these players are staying n on with the knowledge that the coaching is shite? 

Laughing stock of the league  again...... What does that even mean? 

The league campaign has been a dissapointment, I agree. However, fans have been going to the games out of loyalty for years, sometimes with no hope at all and no final to look forward to either. 

We've not been champions for nearly 60 years, most league campaigns have ended with a few nothing games. 

In summary, your post is pure pish. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Maybe Vanecek is actually a football player and will further show Leivens hoofball up for what is is?

So if DV is shite it CL's fault. 

If he's a good player, he shows CL up, what for signing a good player ? 

b0d031656615fec638c280ebaef3d135.jpg

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Reminds me of Pinilla. Obviously has talent but we aren't going to see it.

Edited by BudgeUp
Spelling