Levein on Vanecek...........again.....!!

Section Q

Section Q

Quote from the Evening News. Still find it incredible this guy is unlikely to last 90 minutes...!

“He is getting there with his fitness. I don’t know if he would be able to play a full 90 minutes at full pace. I don’t think he would, but he would be fit enough to play. I think his confidence has been dented a little bit by everything. So we will see.”

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Inch Hearts

• Harry Potter

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boys an arse.

Has fully deserved the hard time he's been given.

Has it all to prove and hopefully he does just that. 

Edited by Bauld

Kylejordan

Just bit worried though. Levein states he is suffering from a lack of confidence which is understandable seeing how things have gone for him. 

What isn’t gonna help his confidence is being put as a lone man upfront and have the ball pumped up to him and just watch the ball go back the other way. 

Wont help his confidence at all against Celtic. They will just soak that up. 

I really think with a full pre season under his belt and the right style of play with the ball to his feet as will see the best of him. Just don’t think we should destroy the guys confidence in these last two games. 

siegementality

How the feck can it take that long to get fully fit? especially when he went on a weeks training camp in Spain when he joined as was deemed fit enough to start the next match on returning?

Vlad the impaler

There seems to be a pattern emerging with strikers at our club....they all lack confidence. This particular player certainly didn’t arrive with a lack of it that’s for sure

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, siegementality said:

How the feck can it take that long to get fully fit? especially when he went on a weeks training camp in Spain when he joined as was deemed fit enough to start the next match on returning?

The problem is Levein saying that he’s fit but low on confidence.  I’m not surprised given the way he’s been treated.  He’s a professional footballer, he’ll gain confidence from playing games and trying things out in a competitive environment.  Did he simply just turn into a shite footballer over Xmas?

How’s playing against kids in front of 150 folk on a Monday afternoon going to improve his confidence?  Give the lad a chance in two away games that mean the square root of **** all and he might just prove something.  The alternative (Wighton) has been proven to be poor in that position so we’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain here.  

Mind Naismith took about half a season before we seen his full potential at the start of this year. 

I genuinely think he has been taken aback by how fast the game is here and it does seem to take some foreign players time to adaprt to the pace. We had a greek international last season that looked a player but just could not handle the pace. Not defending the guy as he was all over social media giving it big licks about how good he was, only to go off on a month holiday and turn up out of shape which is a disgrace. 

Still hopeful after a full pre season we will see him come good but I do have my doubts on this one. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Going a lot deeper this 

rudi must stay

Just as Naismith has been ruled out the cup final and he's doing better

What are the chances

joondalupjambo

Oh oh he is going to play him at Aberdeen :pleased:

Better wait until he is fully fit not to dent his confidence any further?

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The problem is Levein saying that he’s fit but low on confidence.  I’m not surprised given the way he’s been treated.  He’s a professional footballer, he’ll gain confidence from playing games and trying things out in a competitive environment.  Did he simply just turn into a shite footballer over Xmas?

How’s playing against kids in front of 150 folk on a Monday afternoon going to improve his confidence?  Give the lad a chance in two away games that mean the square root of **** all and he might just prove something.  The alternative (Wighton) has been proven to be poor in that position so we’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain here.  

How is getting boo'd by 17k people when he makes a simple error going to improve his confidence ?

gashauskis9
Just now, Bainy said:

Mind Naismith took about half a season before we seen his full potential at the start of this year. 

I genuinely think he has been taken aback by how fast the game is here and it does seem to take some foreign players time to adaprt to the pace. We had a greek international last season that looked a player but just could not handle the pace. Not defending the guy as he was all over social media giving it big licks about how good he was, only to go off on a month holiday and turn up out of shape which is a disgrace. 

Still hopeful after a full pre season we will see him come good but I do have my doubts on this one. 

Difference is that Levein didn’t publicly flog Naismith, he gave him the time and platform to get back up to speed (and at Tynie, not the Oriam).

gashauskis9
Just now, The Treasurer said:

How is getting boo'd by 17k people when he makes a simple error going to improve his confidence ?

We taking 17k to Pittodrie and Celtic Park aye?

The Treasurer

We taking 17k to Pittodrie and Celtic Park aye?

Obviously I was talking about previous games, but then you knew that.

It's way too early in the morning to try and be a smart-ass :mad:

How the **** is he not match fit. Like how? He came to us midway through HIS season. He is summing up our club right now.

Have no idea what goes on at the club but something very odd about this whole episode. Apparent that there is a cup final place up for grabs up front and he is still not fit enough after more than 4 months! Has he fallen out with Levein or is he just rubbish? Who scouted him and I thought we did due dilligence on players character before we signed them. An expensive shambles which reflects badly on all concerned. 

gashauskis9
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Obviously I was talking about previous games, but then you knew that.

It's way too early in the morning to try and be a smart-ass :mad:

FWIW I wasn’t talking about previous matches at all, I’m thinking purely about protecting players before the cup final and giving fringe players a chance to shine.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but I was clearly talking about the next two games (and you knew that ?).  Vanacek is a square peg for a square hole in this situation, but I suspect Dikamona will get thrown up front to prove a point.

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, savage said:

I refuse to believe he isn't fit

Good, because Levein confirmed he is.

His confidence will be dented even more after standing without a sniff on goal the entire game.

The Treasurer

FWIW I wasn’t talking about previous matches at all, I’m thinking purely about protecting players before the cup final and giving fringe players a chance to shine.  Not trying to be a smart ass, but I was clearly talking about the next two games (and you knew that ?).  Vanacek is a square peg for a square hole in this situation, but I suspect Dikamona will get thrown up front to prove a point.

I think both Dikamona and Vanacek will play some part in our last two games.

I also think one or two other changes will be made, especially next week at parkhead

One man to blame he signed him 

he made a fool of him 

plus what striker would do well the way we play 

Messi would be classed as tactically naive from levein 

He couldn’t manage a jumble sale in his back yard 

11 minutes ago, savage said:

I refuse to believe he isn't fit

Neither do I, he’s been with us since January working under head of fitness Tom Taylor and the best training facilities in Scottish football. How can he not be fit?

22 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I was one of those 150 watching him playing against kids on a Monday afternoon-he really didn’t look that out of place...

Like you I am dying to be proved wrong though I really am.

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Boys an arse.

Has fully deserved the hard time he's been given.

Has it all to prove and hopefully he does just that. 

So is Vanecek.

iantjambo

He's been with us for 4 months. How the **** can he not be fully fit?

What the hell do we do in training.

I do still have hope for him though.

Austin MacGlee

Something not right about this whole thing. Don't know what and am reluctant to speculate but it's all very odd.

Bazzas right boot

Should play in the morning he remaing away games, nothing to lose. 

Really dissapionted in him tho, to turn up that unfit really is a disgrace. 

A winning goal in the final, tho and all is forgiven. ?

andyscott82
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How the **** is he not match fit. Like how? He came to us midway through HIS season. He is summing up our club right now.

The problem is that the Czech league had finished for their winter break early December and he basically went on a month long holiday before the January transfer window opened, by which time our winter break had started. He hadn't had a game in about a month and a half before his first game for us, but had seemingly done **** all to keep himself sharp, which is not what you want from a pro athlete. 

chuck berrys hairline

Lads gonna do a Beattie on Celtic ? and become a folk hero before getting released in the summer imo

vegas-voss
56 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Quote from the Evening News. Still find it incredible this guy is unlikely to last 90 minutes...!

“He is getting there with his fitness. I don’t know if he would be able to play a full 90 minutes at full pace. I don’t think he would, but he would be fit enough to play. I think his confidence has been dented a little bit by everything. So we will see.”

No shit his confidence has been dented with a good bit of it from poor man management as well no doubt

jambopilms

No way a professional athlete need 4 months to get fit. Training everyday and reserve matches. If levein means he wants him to chase everything on his own for 90mins then he might be right.

vegas-voss

I think the biggest problem is Levein thought he had brought in a big lump to fire the ball up to and that clearly isn't the guys game.Yes he might not have been match fit but how long did Levein put up with Clare and still does for lacklustre performances.This guy could have been coming on from the bench most games imo.

Sean Clare wasn't fit when he joined yet Levein was happy enough to put him in the team. Maybe because we were struggling with injuries at the time, however, we're not exactly blessed with striking options. Vanecek should have been given the run in.

Levein said a few weeks ago that he was nearly there in terms of fitness because they had him on some running programme yet here we are 3 weeks from the end of the season and he's still not ready.

And no wonder his confidence has been dented after publicly being lambasted after his first game.

Instead we've had to put up with bloody Wighton! ???

Geoff Kilpatrick

Players spend 6-8 weeks prepping in preseason.

If this guy isn't fit then he is beyond hope. Can we sack him for breach of contract?

letsalldothebeattie

With Uche pulling up on Saturday, Naismith looking unlikely for the final & Keena out the rest of the season then now is the time to give him a shot. Even if it’s 30 mins off the bench at Aberdeen & Celtic. We may need an option off the bench in the cup final so now is the time to get him back in the fold. 2 games no pressure on us and no pressure on him. It makes sense 

Cruyff Turn

Vanecek has been unprofessional in turning up in the condition he did. Maybe you don’t have to be as fit to play in the Czech league? 

Levein shouldn’t have hung him out to dry in public but instead kept it behind closed doors. 

Anyway, if the lads working hard now and has put the effort in now to get fit, CL should give him a chance as we the other options at the moment are MacLean or Wighton. Naisy is out for the final, Uche might do his hammy after 5 minutes. We need something else. 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sean Clare wasn't fit when he joined yet Levein was happy enough to put him in the team. Maybe because we were struggling with injuries at the time, however, we're not exactly blessed with striking options. Vanecek should have been given the run in.

Levein said a few weeks ago that he was nearly there in terms of fitness because they had him on some running programme yet here we are 3 weeks from the end of the season and he's still not ready.

And no wonder his confidence has been dented after publicly being lambasted after his first game.

Instead we've had to put up with bloody Wighton! ???

Trying hard to pin as much as you can on Levein there but the fact is Vanecek is 100% to blame.

For the record Levein wasn't happy about using Clare, he stated more than once that he was forced to play him due to having no other option but didn't want to do it because he wasn't ready.

Vanecek ****ed off on holiday and came back in terrible shape. He completely underestimated the demands of our league and clearly assumed he could just show up and piss it. 

Instead he found himself a mile out of his depth due to his condition and lack of preparation. 

He also found himself soft as fresh shite when coming up against our leagues hardened defenders and midfielders who aren't afraid to go to war. 

Levein hasn't signed a dud but he has signed a moron. When he was fully fit for Teplice he was scoring goals and while I never rated his ability to carry the ball he did appear to be decent at moving it quickly to keep counter attacks going.

Cup final aside it's too late for him now. May as well just draw a line at seasons end and try get a fresh start in preparation for next season. 

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

His confidence can't be any worse than Wighton's. Levein threw him in at Tynecastle...now he's probably receiving counselling.

So true and he is actually someone who could do with being taking out of the team cause as you say his confidence is so shot to bits he looks beyond dreadful now.

8 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

The whole fitness thing is just Levein trying to cover up the fact he's signed another donkey. 

I think you might be right there, given our lack of options on the bench. Others have said it - even from being out of shape, it doesn't take four months to get back to a standard worth a sub's jersey. Strongly suspect he is not up to the standard and what we're hearing is a distraction from that. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

His confidence can't be any worse than Wighton's. Levein threw him in at Tynecastle...now he's probably receiving counselling.

Along with half our support, apparently. 

gashauskis9
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

A half-fit, low in confidence 6ft 4 inch striker on the bench, is still an option.

Options that we are rapidly running out of, especially if Uche is going to make the final. And even then, he's still an option.

If he can't play even 20 minutes, & Levein can't see that for the good of the team & the bigger prize in all of this...just send the boy home now. Otherwise, suit up Batman.

Spot on.  Personally couldn’t give two shits  about how Levein feels about him.  If he’s fit, and we need strikers even on the bench, then he should be made available.