Levein on Vanecek...........again.....!!

Section Q

Dont know where this two stone overweight stuff has come from?

Does anyone realise how much you would have to eat to put two stone on in a month!

In his first game he didnt look brilliant, but I never thought he looked massively overweight.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Inch Hearts

• Harry Potter

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroonblood22

From the latest CL interview:

“He hasn’t been right up to speed. He is still training and he is fit enough but I just don’t think he is in a great place with his confidence,”

“I’m not ruling out using him because if we have any more problems then, obviously, I will need to either play somebody out of position or use David."

I mean seriously. I'm not saying he's a baller or blameless but ffs hearing this sort of stuff from his manager must be very depressing for him. I actually feel sorry for him.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Does anyone realise how much you would have to eat to put two stone on in a month!

In his first game he didnt look brilliant, but I never thought he looked massively overweight.

and he lasted the full 90 minutes, creating our one goal all season against Livingston!!!

Just now, David McCaig said:

and he lasted the full 90 minutes, creating our one goal all season against Livingston!!!

Exactly must have been delayed reaction food he was eating

OmiyaHearts

Vanecek should have turned up fitter and Levein should not have publicly slated him. Both are to blame for that.

However if Vanecek is fitter now and looking to the manager to inspire him or give him confidence, he is now well aware it's not something Levein is capable of.

But I feel there is more to the situation than is being let on. Especially given how much time he's had to get fit.

3 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

“He hasn’t been right up to speed. He is still training and he is fit enough but I just don’t think he is in a great place with his confidence,”

“I’m not ruling out using him because if we have any more problems then, obviously, I will need to either play somebody out of position or use David."

I mean seriously. I'm not saying he's a baller or blameless but ffs hearing this sort of stuff from his manager must be very depressing for him. I actually feel sorry for him.

3 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

What ever happened to discipline in private praise in public?

Hope CL never writes a book on building confidence:ermm: 

Dont remember any other players taking such a public humiliation.

Der Kaiser

And this is why you don't sign players just because they had a good game for you on FIFA 19.

Emptied Djoum early on and my team has qualified for Champions League.....hmmmmm

Maroonblood22
Just now, merrymac said:

What ever happened to discipline in private praise in public?

Hope CL never writes a book on building confidence:ermm: 

Dont remember any other players taking such a public humiliation.

For all their flaws, players are only human at the end of the day. I don't think there's any doubt that Levein is of the old school boot up the arse philosophy but in many cases in modern football that just doesn't work. All players react differently which is why good man management skills are essential in building a successful squad. Some players need an arm around the shoulder, others not,  but even if you're giving them a boot up the arse, do it in private at least! 

Just now, Maroonblood22 said:

For all their flaws, players are only human at the end of the day. I don't think there's any doubt that Levein is of the old school boot up the arse philosophy but in many cases in modern football that just doesn't work. All players react differently which is why good man management skills are essential in building a successful squad. Some players need an arm around the shoulder, others not,  but even if you're giving them a boot up the arse, do it in private at least! 

My point is he seems to be making an exception with Vanacek.

He may be booting other players up the arse but we don't seem to hear about it.

Why this time?

25 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:blah:

It’s true though I don’t have my head buried in the sand 

levein is hopeless 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Christ, we put Cole Stockton on in the 4 nil Celtic win.

I'm not having it that he's as bad as Stockton. He's just not. :lol:

There was a brief moment when Stockton was played through just inside the Celtic half and we had caught them on the back foot when I thought he is going to charge forward and score here. He tripped over the ball :22:

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

There was a brief moment when Stockton was played through just inside the Celtic half and we had caught them on the back foot when I thought he is going to charge forward and score here. He tripped over the ball :22:

:laugh:

We could've won 5-0, he was straight through on goal and prematurely ejaculated. What a huddy he was!

4 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Vanacek in the same situation would have stopped for a pie apparently!

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

It’s true though I don’t have my head buried in the sand 

levein is hopeless 

So you keep saying on every thread. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Even IF this boy did Hookers, Charlie, Lager, Vodka, Deep Fried Mars Bars and Video Games for 2 whole weeks in Thailand, how the feck can it be possible that after 4 months of training and weight loss he cant play 90 minutes of football? 

Is he in his mid 30’s? 

WTF is going on here?

I could train for 90 mins of football in 4 feckin months and I’m middle aged!!!

Theres something else going on here. I think Vanecek’s told CL hes a dik or something!

Has to be eh. Pre season lasts roughly 4 weeks, a glance at my calendar tells me are now in week 19 of 2019.

Its not as if he is a kid and he has a family around him too. I am finding it hard to believe there is such a crisis of confidence in a relatively experienced professional who has had a modicum of success in his career to date.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

We could've won 5-0, he was straight through on goal and prematurely ejaculated. What a huddy he was!

Funnily enough, it led to the pen, Celtic handed the ball right back and Milinkovic played in Callachan, who also tried to make a mess of it before Craig helped us out, just to make sure :)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

To be fair he would only get injured if he was fit to play anyway.

???

How is the fitness on our left back that we have been fitness training for over 3 months as well? The ex Leeds guy.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, RS86 said:

He never recovered from his miss in the lc game. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, dsk1210 said:

How is the fitness on our left back that we have been fitness training for over 3 months as well? The ex Leeds guy.

Just about getting fit enough to injury himself again. 

From Thursdays evening news...

“He is coming on. He is now running without any pain,” said Levein.

“We might see him before the end of the season but I just want to make sure he is right before we put him on the field in a competitive match.

It’s quite a while since he has played competitive football. We certainly won’t see the best of him until next season but he is making progress and has a smile on his face.”

Still about a year away:whistling:

WheatfieldWarrior
39 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Could have just took him out and said he needs time and gave him both barrels behind closed doors. 

Under most circumstances I've go with this, but it's just too high profile.

The fans and press wouldn't have it and there would been questions every day at press conferences as to why he isn't playing.

I'd imagine the comments regarding confidence are a hint that he might get some game time in the next few games an he doesn't want the fans getting on his back when he doesn't score in his first 10 mins.

2 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

“We might see him before the end of the season but I just want to make sure he is right before we put him on the field in a competitive match.

It’s quite a while since he has played competitive football. We certainly won’t see the best of him until next season but he is making progress and has a smile on his face.”

He's obviously not on the naughty step with Vanacek

Inch Hearts
31 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Thats atrocious.  Low on confidence but rip into him more saying he will play someone out of position?  To be fair most the players already look out of position but to come out and say that is basically telling the boy to gtf. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

But he felt the need to put DV into a competitive match not up to speed? Then hook him then slate him then continue to rip into him? 

Pants Shaton

It’s quite hard being Craig Levein:

Vanecek’s shite why did Levein sign him?

Vanecek’s shite but he should get game time.

Vanecek’s not shite but our style of play makes him look shite.

Vanecek’s not shite but Levein made him shite.

Vanecek’s not fit but that’s because Levein doesn’t play him.

Vanecek’s low on confidence but that’s because of Levein.

Im waiting now for him to get injured so we can blame the training regimen at Riccarton.

2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Im waiting now for him to get injured so we can blame the training regimen at Riccarton.

Does 4 months to get a guy fit who had been off for four weeks not qualify already?:whistling:

Maroonblood22
35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If these are direct quotes from the manager then it will do absolutely nothing for the player's confidence, which must already be shredded. 

Having said that, I would play him in the remaining two league games just to see if he actually can be an option for Hampden. 

There really is nothing to lose, but hopefully something to gain by giving the lad some time on the park.

Direct quotes from the latest interview with him unfortunately mate. To say that his confidence is low then in the next breath say he'll have to play someone out of position or use him is just utterly bizarre! No wonder his confidence is so low, can only imagine what Levein says to him out of the press.

I agree, the guy needs to play. It's not as if we're in our purple patch at the start of the season, we have a cup final coming up and such limited attacking options. He needs to give him a chance in the last two games but give him the support to help his confidence rather than shooting him down before he's even taken to the pitch. 

Tasavallan
52 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Moving to a new country, with a pregnant mrs, the pressure of starting his career outside of his home comfort zone... and he's publicly humiliated after 30 mins in only his second game after which his new boss doesn't hold back in slating him to the national media.

Aye, I'm truly shocked that his confidence is low!

We can all throw shite at Vanecek for turning up unfit (which was of course unacceptable from him) but this has been absolutely dire man management from CL.

Only one person culpable for this.  Poor management from Levein.

Maroonblood22
36 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Why this time?

Yes I agree. I'm sure many players get the boot up the arse from Levein, but has taken a certain tactic of publicly slating DV for some reason.

Surely Vanacek needs to start against Aberdeen on Friday night.

No point in risking Uche until the final assuming that his hamstring is Ok.

The fact he's not even on the bench is worrying.  Saturday would have been an ideal game to bring him on when Uche got taken off.  Match fitness happens when you're playing matches not running around streets which appears to be what he's doing.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Why indeed. Glad he was played otherwise we may not have a cup final to look forward to. 

There are faults all over the shop here and no one comes out of it blameless. 

It's also galling that other clubs at our level do not have issues like this and I think that says a lot about the general football management at the club. 

There is much to be admired at Hearts but there are things that need to be addressed on the playing and management side.  

This sums it up for me.

I have heard from a good source that Vanecek is badly struggling to settle in terms of language and expectations.  He's out running most nights apparently in an attempt to get fit but if his mind is not in it, he will struggle no matter how physically prepared he is.

As others have said, there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

joondalupjambo

Celtic have paid millions on players who are not playing and/or who do not get into the first team squad.  

Thankfully we are not wasting money like that on our Dave.

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Vanacek has not helped himself but the only person making it hard for Levein is Craig Levein. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Looks skinny to me but im tall, needs my fight and will to win,  

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Vanacek has not helped himself but the only person making it hard for Levein is Craig Levein. 

Nookie if i had half a chance of playing for Hearts would be running overnight, scouts

need better you tube

Reckon I could have fully trained for a marathon from scratch in the same amount of time this boy has been given to get match fit.

....... and I'm in my 60s

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Why this time?

I think it's because he made the mistake and doesn't want to take blame himself. 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Nookie if i had half a chance of playing for Hearts would be running overnight, scouts

need better you tube

True. But who knows how you would react to moving to a foreign country, promise of decent money...and then your boss calls you out in public in your first week in the office. 

But Van needs to wake up and realise his career is at stake. 

Legend Claws
4 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

Just bit worried though. Levein states he is suffering from a lack of confidence which is understandable seeing how things have gone for him. 

What isn’t gonna help his confidence is being put as a lone man upfront and have the ball pumped up to him and just watch the ball go back the other way. 

Wont help his confidence at all against Celtic. They will just soak that up. 

I really think with a full pre season under his belt and the right style of play with the ball to his feet as will see the best of him. Just don’t think we should destroy the guys confidence in these last two games. 

What makes you think he'll come good?

Legend Claws
4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

How is getting boo'd by 17k people when he makes a simple error going to improve his confidence ?

Not everyone is a booing tube mate.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

True. But who knows how you would react to moving to a foreign country, promise of decent money...and then your boss calls you out in public in your first week in the office. 

But Van needs to wake up and realise his career is at stake. 

Ha Ha mate, hes a pro footie player, well pro in question.

Bob Loblaw

He can't get match fit if he doesn't play.  He looks of a relatively decent fitness level when playing for the reserves, sounds like excuses from Levein.  It's no wonder his confidence is low after the way he's been singled out publicly.  

Guys like Clare and Wighton weren't fit when they came and they rightly got given time to get up to speed.  There's been no such concessions for Vanecek.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He can't get match fit if he doesn't play.  He looks of a relatively decent fitness level when playing for the reserves, sounds like excuses from Levein.  It's no wonder his confidence is low after the way he's been singled out publicly.  

Guys like Clare and Wighton weren't fit when they came and they rightly got given time to get up to speed.  There's been no such concessions for Vanecek.

They’ve both been consistently shit as well. Some players get loads of rope and others absolutely none. 

Austin MacGlee
1 hour ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Not it's not, signed and managed by our inept team of coaches and directors of football or whatever they call/structure themselves as. My mate said to me the other day, he is another Malary Martin style signing, I can's disagree sadly.  I almost feel sorry for him as like a few posters have said on here, why did he ever play if he was that unfit?  Just another example of my concerns over Levein, but nothing I have not said on here many times before.  

Certainly hope he doesn't go the way of Martin, Oshinawa etc...I'm not sure the whole Vanecek thing is solely down to Levein but it's definitely a strange situation when we're so short on striking options.