Welcome back Ross County.

All roads lead to Gorgie

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ayr v Killie would sell out Somerset and a good chunk of Rugby Park. Ayr also have a proper history but I don't expect you to grasp that from your usual source which is google. If they were in the top league their crowds would blow Ross County out the water. 

And Ross County don’t have a “proper history”?

I must have been dreaming when I watched them at Hampden beat Celtic 2-0 to get to the Scottish Cup Final and dreaming again when I went back to see them beat Hibs to win the League Cup.  They’ve won the Challenge Cup 3 times - twice in the last ten years and last night they won the championship again, the second time in 10 years.  The last club to bounce straight back up as champions was us and it’s something that ‘Rangers’, Dundee Utd and Hibs all failed to do.

That’s more “history” in a decade than Ayr Utd in a century.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, FWJ said:

And Ross County don’t have a “proper history”?

I must have been dreaming when I watched them at Hampden beat Celtic 2-0 to get to the Scottish Cup Final and dreaming again when I went back to see them beat Hibs to win the League Cup.  They’ve won the Challenge Cup 3 times - twice in the last ten years and last night they won the championship again, the second time in 10 years.  The last club to bounce straight back up as champions was us and it’s something that ‘Rangers’, Dundee Utd and Hibs all failed to do.

That’s more “history” in a decade than Ayr Utd in a century.

Their history goes back 15 years. Big deal. 

Borders Jambo
2 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

People quick to forget that 800 and odd County fans that travelled down to Tynecastle during our admin season. All chipped in to give money to the club. 

They didn't need to do it, but they did. Gets my respect and gratitude 

As for them winning the league. Over the course of the season. They have been the best side. League tables don't tell lies. Well done to them. 

V much this.  All the best to Ross County unless they are playing us.

Tommy Walker
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

For a place like their's including surrounding population ie bugger all ...pretty good

Other places like OF to aim disrespect

Best

TW

Unknown user
2 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

People quick to forget that 800 and odd County fans that travelled down to Tynecastle during our admin season. All chipped in to give money to the club. 

They didn't need to do it, but they did. Gets my respect and gratitude 

As for them winning the league. Over the course of the season. They have been the best side. League tables don't tell lies. Well done to them. 

Yeah I agree with that, Scottish football is a meritocracy and they've done enough to earn their place, not to mention our goodwill and respect.

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You’re clearly trolling but I’ve got too much time on my hands so - no, their history goes back 90 years.  They were admitted to the Scottish League 25 years ago.  

And in that short time they’ve done more than many (most?) Central Belt clubs.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I agree with that, Scottish football is a meritocracy and they've done enough to earn their place, not to mention our goodwill and respect.

Absolutely this, and they deserve to be in the SPL, of course. 

But doesn’t hide the fact it’s a crap place to go to to watch football (if you’re not up for a bevvy), a crap stadium with paltry fans. And I would rather have fans coming to Tynie who bring more numbers, make a bit more noise and actually help create an atmosphere. It may even transfer to the pitch ?

Anything...dear God, ANYTHING to make home games more interesting?

Hopefully they will go straight back down, taking Hamilton with them. 

Goodwill and respect my arse :rofl:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Absolutely this, and they deserve to be in the SPL, of course. 

But doesn’t hide the fact it’s a crap place to go to to watch football (if you’re not up for a bevvy), a crap stadium with paltry fans. And I would rather have fans coming to Tynie who bring more numbers, make a bit more noise and actually help create an atmosphere. It may even transfer to the pitch ?

Anything...dear God, ANYTHING to make home games more interesting?

Hopefully they will go straight back down, taking Hamilton with them. 

Goodwill and respect my arse :rofl:

I have a soft spot for them after the goodwill and respect they showed us in our most desperate times, but to each their own!

The Apprentice

The fact is Ross County deserve to be promoted just like the likes of Hamilton (as it stands) deserve to stay up as they continue to do against all odds. The league tables don’t lie.

Clubs like Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Dunfermline etc have no right to be in the top league and haven’t earned it. Clubs like County and Hamilton, whether people feel they are good for the league or not, deserve a massive amount of credit for what they manage to achieve given their resources. Deserve a bit more respect, IMO of course.

I’m not sure why you think it’s a “crap” stadium.

It’s town centre, next to a railway station and it’s built on all 4 sides.

I’d rather that than a ridiculously big main stand and b****r-all elsewhere on a wind swept industrial estate on a bypass.

I’m not sure how many fans lift the number above ‘paltry’.

If you mean an average of over 10k there are 5 in Scotland.  That would be exciting.....

Edited by FWJ

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Didn't know that. Hopefully he will be able to celebrate three bits of silverware this season. Challenge cup, Championship and Scottish cup for his first love :thumbsup:

??  Aye, he grew up in Westburn/Wester Hailes.  

There’s a few on this thread sounding like the erse-cheeks when they talk of ‘diddy clubs’ or our wonderful Weegia talking about ‘provincial clubs’.

And don’t we all love that.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, FWJ said:

You’re clearly trolling but I’ve got too much time on my hands so - no, their history goes back 90 years.  They were admitted to the Scottish League 25 years ago.  

And in that short time they’ve done more than many (most?) Central Belt clubs.

No, I'm not trolling. I think they are a diddy club with a pathetic support who will add nothing to the league. I'm not denying the team is there on merit and they deserve it but their fans don't deserve that team. Because somebody has a different opinion from you doesn't mean they are trolling. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

This thread is a good argument for a 16 team SPL.

Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Dundee, Dunfermline, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Ayr, Morton, QoS, ICT, Ross County, St Johnstone, Falkirk, Partick.

St Mirren and Hamilton GTF.

Ugly Sisters GTF x 100

Edited by Queensland Jambo

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, I'm not trolling. I think they are a diddy club with a pathetic support who will add nothing to the league. I'm not denying the team is there on merit and they deserve it but their fans don't deserve that team. Because somebody has a different opinion from you doesn't mean they are trolling. 

Pity you don’t express that opinion without using OF-worthy phrases like ‘diddy club’.

And we’re still waiting to hear why they’re not a ‘proper’ club while the likes of Dunfermline, Ayr Utd and Falkirk are.  Is it because they’re in the central belt? 

There are dozens of league teams in Scotland with a smaller support than County including ‘proper’ clubs like Partick Thistle and Ayr United (Ayr’s was just over half of County’s).

What’s the ‘diddy club’ cut-off point?

The population of Dingwall is 5k the average attendance of RC is 3.8k. And I’d be interested to see how many away fans they get compared to central belt clubs.

Edited by FWJ

Portable Badger

Personally I'm delighted for County, the town and the area.

At least I'll have a few games I can watch Hearts without enduring 6-7 hours travelling. Be good if ICT can secure promotion as well.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I did admit to being a big city w****** about it ? but I don’t apologise for not being excited at the prospect of one or two more utterly dull home games against a team that brings 50 fans. 

But respect  to them of course for bouncing back and they clearly deserve to get promoted. The table doesn’t lie. :thumb:

I keep saying it, we need a bigger league. Clubs like Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, Dundee Utd and ICT would all be a welcome sight in the premiership. Just wish the SFA would see sense and open the league up to more clubs. Playing clubs 4 times a season is utterly boring, and you can't deny putting a run together and then getting gubbed because you hit Celtic or the huns 8 times a season is good. Knocks the confidence out of the team and it takes a few games to recover. Would be excellent for youth development as bigger clubs like ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen could use games against weaker opposition to blood youngsters, and those weaker clubs could themselves play youngsters with less fear of relegation and the financial difficulties that brings. 

But yeah, 'grats to County, well deserved for them :) 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Think yourself lucky that isn't 10 years more history than a phoenix Hearts might have had. 

With far fewer fans they have had more success and contributed to more big occasions than we have done in their time in the Scottish Leagues. 

Premier league again on merit. Well done to them. Would like to see Hearts punching above their weight for the first time in God knows how long. 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Our history went back 15 years in 1889. Get real. Great community team like ours. 

Bridge of Djoum
15 hours ago, obua said:

I’ve stayed in Dingwall a few times the night before a game, always a good crack with the locals.Ok for a lock in if u get friendly with the right people or else it’s back to the hotel bar for a night cap or 3 .

Image result for blue oyster club

How do Ross County only have 15 years of history?  Does 65 years in the Highland League and 25 years in the SPFL/SFL not count as history?

Phil Dunphy

Really weird to see so many people so desperate to prove that Ross County are a big club.

Worst away day in the league.

Sneckiejambo

I think if we look back a couple of years the wee Diddy Highland clubs had The Scottish cup and the League cup on there sideboard unlike the Big proper clubs who haven't won the cups in decades. Welcome back The Staggies, come on the Jaggies in the play offs.