Welcome back Ross County.

All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

Champions tonight. Good away trip which I think we all welcome. Thoughts. 

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I've always enjoyed the trips up to Dingwall, it's a good day out.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Never been to Dingwall. Is it worth going up night before a game?

Dingwall as a town hasn't changed since I first visited it with my parents when I was about 7 or 8 I think, which was in the early 1960's. There isn't an awful lot to do at night in all honesty, I get the impression that most people that go up and stay overnight tend to do so in Inverness and travel to/from Dingwall either by bus or taxi.

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Dingwall as a town hasn't changed since I first visited it with my parents when I was about 7 or 8 I think, which was in the early 1960's. There isn't an awful lot to do at night in all honesty, I get the impression that most people that go up and stay overnight tend to do so in Inverness and travel to/from Dingwall either by bus or taxi.

100%. Ross County players tend to live in Inverness too! 

17 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Or train!  Handy wee bar literally on the station platform and then a two minute walk to the ground.

(And a nice close ‘away’ match for me too)

Edited by FWJ

27 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Dingwall’s just a wee town (~5k people). It was the county town of Ross Shire (hence the name!) but it has very much been eclipsed by Inverness which makes County doing better than the “Highland Capital” all the sweeter.

You would be better to stay in Inverness (far bigger choice of bars & accommodation etc) and travel through for the game, but go a wee bit early for a drink, County fans are a friendly lot.

25 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Dingwall’s just a wee town (~5k people). It was the county town of Ross Shire (hence the name!) but it has very much been eclipsed by Inverness which makes County doing better than the “Highland Capital” all the sweeter.

You would be better to stay in Inverness (far bigger choice of bars & accommodation etc) and travel through for the game, but go a wee bit early for a drink, County fans are a friendly lot.

Cheers for that 

Nessjambo67

Love my wee trip to Dingwall always good banter with the staggie fans a right good wee family club

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

:clumshot:

tramps glued to their seats. Makes a change from sniffing the stuff.

:yas: 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

I’ve stayed in Dingwall a few times the night before a game, always a good crack with the locals.Ok for a lock in if u get friendly with the right people or else it’s back to the hotel bar for a night cap or 3 .

Nookie Bear

Sorry to be an arrogant, big city w*****, but I’m not getting too excited by the prospect of a tiny club that brings 50 fans to Tynie  

And we struggle against them as well. 

Hope Dundee Utd come up tbh

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Nah not for me! I’d rather have Dunfermline and Falkirk in our league.

I'd prefer United back, a ground I might actually go to and a bigger club. Agree with above on Falkirk, might be a long time before we see them in the Prem again. 

14 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

3228C3F200000578-3490172-image-a-67_1457888356105.jpg

The amount of vermin with their head in their hands in the background is a truly wonderful sight to behold. 

****ing tramps. 

1 minute ago, Anderson5 said:

The amount of vermin with their head in their hands in the background is a truly wonderful sight to behold. 

****ing tramps. 

0FD0BB9E-A5BB-4300-994E-C03AA943E035.jpeg

04608B5E-FF48-4C04-BA5D-61917F463CC9.jpeg

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Chuffed for them.  I like the Staggies.  Good away day.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Steven Ferguson (co manager) grew up a Jam Tart. 

Well done to him.   

Didn't know that. Hopefully he will be able to celebrate three bits of silverware this season. Challenge cup, Championship and Scottish cup for his first love :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

Nah. 

**** Ross County. 

This threads a bit too fruity for my liking. 

Stephen Muddie

There's around 5 teams in the 1st division i'd prefer from a "biggest club" POV but nobody should grudge them being the best team in their division.

Ideally, we'd get a Dun Utd and Dunfermline coming up and Livi and Hamilton down. As it stands I'd enjoy Dundee and St Mirren going down, County and Caley coming up 

Forever Hearts

They offer absolutely nothing to the league which was evident tonight. Going for a league title, ground half empty and more atmosphere on the moon. Give me proper clubs like Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Ayr United etc in the top league before the likes of Ross County and ICT any day. 

shaun.lawson

Pleased to see them come straight back. Hopefully to be joined by Dundee United, with St Mirren heading in the other direction. 

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They offer absolutely nothing to the league which was evident tonight. Going for a league title, ground half empty and more atmosphere on the moon. Give me proper clubs like Dunfermline, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Ayr United etc in the top league before the likes of Ross County and ICT any day. 

Ross County's average attendance this season is 3871. Ayr United's is 2186.

What makes Ayr a "proper club" and Ross "not a proper club"? Other than risque kit launches, what have Ayr achieved in living memory?

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ross County's average attendance this season is 3871. Ayr United's is 2186.

What makes Ayr a "proper club" and Ross "not a proper club"? Other than risque kit launches, what have Ayr achieved in living memory?

Ayr v Killie would sell out Somerset and a good chunk of Rugby Park. Ayr also have a proper history but I don't expect you to grasp that from your usual source which is google. If they were in the top league their crowds would blow Ross County out the water. 

It's a nice home game for me. 12 miles from my work in Inverness. 

Dingwall is a dump with only a couple of crap "bars" staying in Dingwall is far far cheaper than Inverness. For those planning an over night session Inverness is best place to drink. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

If they were in the top league their crowds would blow Ross County out the water. 

So their fans are gloryhunters then? 'Proper club'?!?! And besides: they've not been in the top league since Willie Ormond was Hearts manager FFS. 

Their gates this season, incidentally, are lower than four clubs in English level six. Massive club, I don't think.

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry to be an arrogant, big city w*****, but I’m not getting too excited by the prospect of a tiny club that brings 50 fans to Tynie  

And we struggle against them as well. 

Hope Dundee Utd come up tbh

I  bet Celtic and Aberdeen thought the same when we won the championship instead of Rangers.

Well done Ross County! 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

So their fans are gloryhunters then? 'Proper club'?!?! And besides: they've not been in the top league since Willie Ormond was Hearts manager FFS. 

Their gates this season, incidentally, are lower than four clubs in English level six. Massive club, I don't think.

Nobody said they were massive, or anything like it. But Ayr United in the top league would get far bigger crowds than Ross County and they would also carry a bigger away support. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Morton would have big crowds in the Premiership. But you have to win it first. It's all about results.

copa-mundial

People quick to forget that 800 and odd County fans that travelled down to Tynecastle during our admin season. All chipped in to give money to the club. 

They didn't need to do it, but they did. Gets my respect and gratitude 

As for them winning the league. Over the course of the season. They have been the best side. League tables don't tell lies. Well done to them. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I  bet Celtic and Aberdeen thought the same when we won the championship instead of Rangers.

Well done Ross County! 

I did admit to being a big city w****** about it ? but I don’t apologise for not being excited at the prospect of one or two more utterly dull home games against a team that brings 50 fans. 

But respect  to them of course for bouncing back and they clearly deserve to get promoted. The table doesn’t lie. :thumb:

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

:spoton:

Really miss our games against Dunfermline ☹️