Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Heading there later on today, haven't been up for months 

Haha, just as well I didn't try and get in touch with you to go for a pint then!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Bazzas right boot
On 01/07/2019 at 13:40, rick witter said:

Just a thought. What if he doesn’t sign? 

Do we have a plan B? 

Boooooo really, really loud. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Here's a little note from a Bristol City signing..not too diff't from the position we find ourselves in

"I think that sometimes semantics of contractual situations can be key, in terms of the intricacies of an individual contract and bonuses to be paid and loyalties and players running out of contract and if you announce stuff too early you have to pay the extra wages when the contract actually finishes July 1," explained Johnson on Fixtures Release Day.

Loyalty payments always made sense. 

Even something akin to gardening leave  or a redendencey payment type thing. 

You wouldn't put a large sum of money at risk. 

It makes sense and hopefully it is just that. 

ford donald
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Here we go again. Let's all jump on the hate daz bandwagon.

Don't let them bother you,some of them could start a fight in a empty room!

Inch Hearts

So the club and the player are risking missing most of pre-season including warm up games on the basis of one last payoff from Norwich bearing in mind the player has been injured the best part of a season and played little football the best part of the season before? Seems a little greedy and risky to me. 

Bazzas right boot

Don't let it get you down. 

Your info is valued, most folk on here, including me just talk shite, you bring food info. 

Jambof3tornado

I love you baby.

Heartsofgold
13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So the club and the player are risking missing most of pre-season including warm up games on the basis of one last payoff from Norwich bearing in mind the player has been injured the best part of a season and played little football the best part of the season before? Seems a little greedy and risky to me. 

Would you give up north of £100k to sign a contract 1 month early?  He's training with us and he'll be up to speed very quickly once he actually signs.

StevenNaismith
15 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He’s training as normal.

Inch Hearts
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

He’s training as normal.

On his own while the team is in Ireland? Not playing in any games either until Aug.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

On his own while the team is in Ireland? Not playing in any games either until Aug.

We don't need him yet.

Of all the players we know what he can do and where he fits in.

Hearts paying £100k+ to sign him for some games we don't need him is daft.

Asking him to give up same sum for some kick abouts is also daft

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Just think how rested he will be when he does sign. 

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Just think how rested he will be when he does sign. 

I hope it works out this way. 

richiehmfc
24 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No one in their right mind would give up that kind of money to sign when you can wait 4 weeks and sign. 
He is taking a huge drop to come to us so I think is entitled to say he will sign but it will be after 1st of August. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We don't need him yet.

I didn’t mention hearts paying the £100k.

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We don't need him yet.

We will see if we don't need him after next Friday night. Make no mistake the Utd game will be a big test and if we get beat Levein will be under all sorts of pressure and may well regret how we have dealt with Naismith.

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Would you give up north of £100k to sign a contract 1 month early?  He's training with us and he'll be up to speed very quickly once he actually signs.

I would if I was a multi millionaire in the later stages of a career that’s had me out injured the best part of 3 years and it’s pre-season, yes. 

Heartsofgold

I would if I was a multi millionaire in the later stages of a career that’s had me out injured the best part of 3 years and it’s pre-season, yes. 

You don't get to being a multi-millionaire by making stupid and unnecessary financial decisions,  Giving up £100k+ to sign for a new club early would rank as such a decision.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We will see if we don't need him after next Friday night. Make no mistake the Utd game will be a big test and if we get beat Levein will be under all sorts of pressure and may well regret how we have dealt with Naismith.

giphy.gif

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Maybe going half and half on a compromise 

GorgieFifeLife
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

giphy.gif

Nice contribution. Take it you assume Utd will be brushed aside?

17 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

No one in their right mind would give up that kind of money to sign when you can wait 4 weeks and sign. 
He is taking a huge drop to come to us so I think is entitled to say he will sign but it will be after 1st of August. 

The quoted £150k will probably be close to the same amount he earns in his first year as a hearts player. That’s about 3k a week and I’m sure he’s probably only going to be on 3-5k a week. Would be mental for him to give up that kind of cash for what- 4 pre season games and 4 league cup games of which he’d probably play 300-500 minutes max. 

tokyowalnut

He is signing for us, there is zero doubt about it. He could have sat on his hands all summer and weighed up many financial options, but he quickly agreed to sign for us. He's doing pre season, and if need be he can play as a trialist. 

People argue black is white on here. 

Edited by tokyowalnut

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He is signing for us, there is zero doubt about it. He could have sat on his hands all summer and weighed up many financial options, but he quickly agreed to sign for us. He's doing pre season, and if need be he can play as a trialist. 

People argue black is white on here. 

He is not in Ireland doing pre-season with the squad and won’t play in any games until a contract is signed in August.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
15 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The quoted £150k will probably be close to the same amount he earns in his first year as a hearts player. That’s about 3k a week and I’m sure he’s probably only going to be on 3-5k a week. Would be mental for him to give up that kind of cash for what- 4 pre season games and 4 league cup games of which he’d probably play 300-500 minutes max. 

Not if you have missed the best part of three years through injury and failed to do a full pre-season and that back of such matters.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Heading there later on today, haven't been up for months 

Showers await you then !!!  Not so hot today

tokyowalnut
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

He is not in Ireland and won’t play in any games until a contract is signed in August.  

Not all squad members are in Ireland, so I'm not getting your point. He could still be going through rehab for the injury. I may have missed it, so apologies, but where has it been said he won't play until August?

Inch Hearts
Just now, tokyowalnut said:

Not all squad members are in Ireland, so I'm not getting your point. He could still be going through rehab for the injury. I may have missed it, so apologies, but where has it been said he won't play until August?

The point is he isn’t doing full pre-season as you suggested and is back in Edinburgh.  It was reported a couple of days ago he won’t play until August and the club is fine with this. 

tokyowalnut
4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The point is he isn’t doing full pre-season as you suggested and is back in Edinburgh.  It was reported a couple of days ago he won’t play until August and the club is fine with this. 

Ha why are you so argumentative?

My point was he is here, as a Hearts player, for preseason, and has been since day 1, so yes, he is doing full pre season with us. He isnt off on holiday and turning at when he signs a contract at the end of July. Can you link to the report about August, I can't find anything. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Boooooo really, really loud. 

I’ve came to expect that kind of reply from you. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Ha why are you so argumentative?

My point was he is here, as a Hearts player, for preseason, and has been since day 1, so yes, he is doing full pre season with us. He isnt off on holiday and turning at when he signs a contract at the end of July. Can you link to the report about August, I can't find anything. 

Im not arguing, you asked what my point was, sorry.  He’s obviously not doing full pre-season as that involves being in Ireland and doing pre season with the squad including build up matches that I would presume is vital especially for a player being out so long.  

I will try and find report and link it no problem.

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

And that’s why your not a multi millionaire. Count the penny’s mate

tokyowalnut
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Im not arguing, you asked what my point was, sorry.  He’s obviously not doing full pre-season as that involves being in Ireland and doing pre season with the squad including build up matches that I would presume is vital especially for a player being out so long.  

I will try and find report and link it no problem.

Don't worry about it, hopefully we won't need him anyway ?

Inch Hearts
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

And that’s why your not a multi millionaire. Count the penny’s mate

I get that, I’m just wondering why Naismith would gamble not being in perfect condition at his age with not a long time left in the game when he’s made shit loads out of Norwich for very little in the first place. I guess I’m just shitting it injury will happen again. 

davemclaren

The main fact is that Hearts would rather not pay another £100k, or whatever, to have him available for pre season friendlies or league cup matches against lower league opposition. It’s a calculated risk but the odds are decent that we’ll win the section without him. 

I get that, I’m just wondering why Naismith would gamble not being in perfect condition at his age with not a long time left in the game when he’s made shit loads out of Norwich for very little in the first place. I guess I’m just shitting it injury will happen again. 

Not playing should reduce the chance of injury. 

?

Dalstonjambo
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I guess I’m just shitting it injury will happen again. 

The good news is if he does get injured I'm sure you can come on here and have a pop at the medical staff or something. So every cloud. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Dalstonjambo said:

The good news is if he does get injured I'm sure you can come on here and have a pop at the medical staff or something. So every cloud. 

Go and find one time I’ve ever had a pop at the medical staff “or something” cheers.  At the same time on this thread name a time I’ve credited this scenario with any blame on the club, cheers. 

Dalstonjambo

Go and find one time I’ve ever had a pop at the medical staff “or something” cheers.  At the same time on this thread name a time I’ve credited this scenario with any blame on the club, cheers. 

It was a joke mate. You've been chased round the board recently about your less than positive responses on many things and I was making light of it. No need to get so worked up all the time.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Maybe he’s not at the level of fitness where he can be risked in the pre-season games anyway? Could be a sensible precautionary move from a financial and fitness standpoint to wait.

Bit like Haring is not being rushed back into preseason games either. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It was a joke mate. You've been chased round the board recently about your less than positive responses on many things and I was making light of it. No need to get so worked up all the time.

Sorry, it’s the being chased while trying to explain a valid point in my mind that’s led to that. Apologies. 

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Maybe he’s not at the level of fitness where he can be risked in the pre-season games anyway? Could be a sensible precautionary move from a financial and fitness standpoint to wait.

Bit like Haring is not being rushed back into preseason games either. 

I’ve no idea like the rest of us.  I just wish he was with the squad preparing for the season, a massive massive season for not only Naismith himself but the club, as usual ready to go from day 1. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Are you as big a flapper in your everyday life ? 

It'll sort itself out. Patience.

In general, yes ;) 

pettigrewsstylist

What will be , will be. Need to trust him and CL judgment here. I think it will come good.

He was at photographer Ron MacNeils funeral today. So id say he was signing. He was with the players that were there.

AlphonseCapone

Some of you boys must really struggle with the uncertainty of life. Naismith and Levein have all but said he'll be a Hearts player, and it's pretty well documented why it hasn't been announced as of yet. 

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

He is not in Ireland doing pre-season with the squad and won’t play in any games until a contract is signed in August.  

Think he may play in some friendlies as a trialist, if fit.