Jamie Walker

girvanjambo

grumpyespana

I am puzzled by Levein saying he wants three or four better quality players and he lets us down if he is in talks with Jamie Walker sad really.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If people forgave Webster cause he played well after previously shitebagging us then they'd forgive Walker for a lessor offence if he did the business on the pitch. 

That said he's being punted from a lower league English team, has a history of injuries and has barely played in the last year or two. Even ignoring his exit forst time round it's a no from me. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Take Walker over Clare any day of the week. 

Thats some choice the snake or mouse heart

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Simo said:

If people forgave Webster cause he played well after previously shitebagging us then they'd forgive Walker for a lessor offence if he did the business on the pitch. 

That said he's being punted from a lower league English team, has a history of injuries and has barely played in the last year or two. Even ignoring his exit forst time round it's a no from me. 

Huge difference in that Webster a club legend 

Prefer Clare. That said, if Walker comes back and plays well, I doubt anybody would complain. We’ve had plenty arseholes play for us and cheered when they scored or played well. The biggest problem with Walker was he stopped being effective. 

7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Take Walker over Clare any day of the week. 

Would take Roy Walker over Clare. 

BelgeJambo

Don’t want him back Tbh

But just wondering if he could do a job in the number 10 role and Naismith and out and out striker 

Probably not

I don't think its an either/or question. We can have both Walker and Clare. 

To my mind, our forward players have failed to deliver this season and change is needed. I like Clare and think there is a player there but we need a first team player that can hit the ground running. Walker to me is that player. 

I'm not a fan of Walkers antics in trying to get a move west but we badly need a season that doesn't feel like a kick in the teeth next year. I think like Stevo and Webster he'll know he needs to win the fans over and quickly so will give performances representative of that. 

We still need pace though. 

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Prefer Clare. That said, if Walker comes back and plays well, I doubt anybody would complain. We’ve had plenty arseholes play for us and cheered when they scored or played well. The biggest problem with Walker was he stopped being effective. 

Really ?

Prefer Clare.

I liked Walker .

His agents a dick.

Get rid and maybe talk.

As an aside do any of our players do sprint training.

Remember Robbo doing this and constantly working on his outside the box training.

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

If he signs - good. He’s quick, an effective dribbler and offers a goal threat. Something different to what we have. Would also hope this current team with Berra and Naismith would give him some direction. If his attitude is better then I’d actually be excited 

If he doesn’t- good. Injury prone. High wages. Also he’s a bit of a snake. Was desperate for that move to Rangers. Mind him and his bro acting like weirdos on social media before he’d had half a season in the first team. #JW14 and all that ? 

I liked Walker. Personally didn’t pay attention to any of the shite around his potential move to Rangers. 

One thing he is not is quick. Injuries have robbed him of any pace. I personally think he looked finished (in terms of playing at a decent level) in his last few months with us, and he doesn’t seem to have done much since to disprove that. 

portobellojambo1

I know the Scottish league is felt to be easier than down South but reality is movement up here is important. Before he left Jamie wasn't the player he had been when at his best, he had lost some of his speed and it was noticeable. He didn't get into Wigan's team as he was deemed not fit enough, went out to Peterborough and had the same problems with them, not fit enough. If I thought he could come back and do the business it would be a good purchase for us, but I'm just not sure he still can and we cannot afford to take another chance on a gamble.

Edited by portobellojambo1

i wish jj was my dad

Stevo and Webster were redeemed but they had to earn redemption. Jamie would have a lot to do to earn it.

12 minutes ago, jake said:

Really ?

Prefer Clare.

I liked Walker .

His agents a dick.

Get rid and maybe talk.

As an aside do any of our players do sprint training.

Remember Robbo doing this and constantly working on his outside the box training.

Yeah, I think Clare will be better than him.

The Internet

Clare and walker are pretty similar although Clare has far more potential. Wouldn't be against having walker back. 

Downed tools for us. His performance away at Motherwell was at 50% effort, disgraceful. I swear he sold the opening goal to them and laughed. No thanks

Cant believe given how horrendously sh!t we are and folk wouldn't take Walker back.

You must know something I dont about who we will be signing.

Hectormasson
On 14/04/2019 at 14:33, doctor jambo said:

If you mean those of us decrying his return, I doubt it.

He hasn’t really played in years now.

one bad game for us and it’s full on boo time

Good when we had him, but I really think it's best we try and bring in someone else, it's a big gamble bringing him back ,as much as  maybe bringing in someone from English  div 2, but if he was to return and maybe have a few games not doing this biz,,,no doubt fans would get right on top of him, that be no good to anyone, great on his day Jamie, but will he be any good this time around ???

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Personally don't want him anywhere near a hearts shirt 

Same. Not saying he definitely wouldn't offer something, as the JW on top form we had once upon a time would be an asset, but it'd leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm fickle like any other fan anywhere though - he signs and plays well, he becomes part of the family again. If he doesn't ,(play well) he adds more unrest to a fairly grim situation potentially.

All in all... MEH

Edited by Stephen Muddie

17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Clare and walker are pretty similar although Clare has far more potential. Wouldn't be against having walker back. 

I'm not Walker's biggest fan but my god he's better than Clare :lol:

Pants Shaton

Walker was heralded as the next big thing, as far back as when he was about 12 years old.

I have to say, that across a range of largely uninspiring Hearts teams, he rarely converted his potential into positive outcomes.

Fans are fickle (see Ryan Stevenson or Andy Webster) so who knows...

MaskedMarauder

His best pal works for Hearts in the club shop. He’s definitely been in talks with us in the recent past. Currently away in Cyprus with his family for a while whilst his agent is away in Dubai. More talks planned for when their respective holidays are both over. ☹️

Just now, Barack said:

Hopefully, his agent is wrongfully arrested & imprisoned in Dubai. Then subject to capital punishment for his trivial crime.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Walker was heralded as the next big thing, as far back as when he was about 12 years old.

I have to say, that across a range of largely uninspiring Hearts teams, he rarely converted his potential into positive outcomes.

Fans are fickle (see Ryan Stevenson or Andy Webster) so who knows...

Ryan Stevenson and Andy Webster worked their socks off and earned the respect of the fans when they came back. Stevenson’s Cup Final performance against St Mirren is one of the best individual performances I’ve seen from a Hearts player in recent years.

If Jamie comes back he needs to work harder than he’s ever done before to get the fans back on side. It will only take one game when he visibly can’t be arsed and the whole crowd will turn on him. Never once had that issue with Stevenson or Webster.

Walker is a far superior player to Clare, that goes without saying. As others have said he also appears to be injury prone, that would be my primary concern. 

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yeah, I think Clare will be better than him.

Aw mate .

He wont be.

And isn't.

The Internet
21 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'm not Walker's biggest fan but my god he's better than Clare :lol:

We should do this in about a year or so. Clare will go on to bigger and better things. We probably won't see the best of him. 

24 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Cant believe given how horrendously sh!t we are and folk wouldn't take Walker back.

Can't believe how people moan about us gambling with signing League 1/League 2 signings. 

Then the same people want us to sign someone who can't even get a game in these leagues and who is injured most of the time and also same player who treated us like shit when he thought he could get a move to a bigger club.

If this was anyone other than Jamie Walker those same folk would be raging about Levein signing unfit duds from lower English league teams.

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Rumour: Jamie Walker has all but agreed a move back to ????????

All that needs done is a severance package from Wigan.

Correct ? 

27 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We should do this in about a year or so. Clare will go on to bigger and better things. We probably won't see the best of him. 

You honestly think so? Can't see it myself like. I think we were duped in to thinking we pinched him from under the noses of big clubs but reality seems to be he's not very good.

rick witter
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sean Clare is one of the laziest players to have put on a Hearts top.  Next to no effort from him on a weekly basis. 

Waste of a jersey and the definition of playing with 10 men!! 

Edited by rick witter

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hope he comes back. Signed for Wigan not Rangers 

Used to be the same thing in the JJB days....

Anyway, another plodding half cripple is not what we need to progress.

MaskedMarauder
46 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully, his agent is wrongfully arrested & imprisoned in Dubai. Then subject to capital punishment for his trivial crime.

Indeed! One can only hope. Unfortunately Levein’s relationship with Houldsworth seems to be on the mend again. Met with him a few times recently despite having nothing good to say about him this time last year or so. Horrible guy 

9 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

You honestly think so? Can't see it myself like. I think we were duped in to thinking we pinched him from under the noses of big clubs but reality seems to be he's not very good.

You’re only saying that because Walker doesn’t have a birthmark aren’t you? ?

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Sean Clare is one of the laziest players to have put on a Hearts top.  Next to no effort from him on a weekly basis. 

Waste of a jersey and the definition of playing with 10 men!! 

No it isn't.

The definition of playing with 10 men is actually playing with 10 men.

What you mean, as usual, is when he plays it's your OPINION we are playing with 10 men.

Image result for opinion fact gif

In terms of playing style, I’m struggling to see the comparison with Clare.

In term of quality, even the lame Jamie Walker at the end of his previous stint with us was head and shoulders anything we’ve seen from Clare so far. 

2 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

I am puzzled by Levein saying he wants three or four better quality players and he lets us down if he is in talks with Jamie Walker sad really.

Barring naismith hes better than any attacker we've got

Inch Hearts

Walker at his best was well better than anything we’ve seen in Clare.  That’s a matter of fact. 

Inch Hearts
Just now, jambocub said:

Barring naismith hes better than any attacker we've got

Which also explains our goal difference. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

We should be looking at better than walker.

If he does come back he has a hell of a lot of making up to do for the way he acted in 2017. I’d only take him back if his attitude has improved massively, otherwise he can ram it.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You're related to him, or close friends with the family aren't you? Or have I mixed you up?

I'm someone who knows hes a decent player 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Peace, man. Only asking a harmless question.

Screenshot_20190520-214547_Google.jpg

Keep calm I'm only having a joke .. 

Yes i know the family.