• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet
31 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Sean Clare is one of the laziest players to have put on a Hearts top.  Next to no effort from him on a weekly basis. 

Waste of a jersey and the definition of playing with 10 men!! 

All of which was said about bjorn johnsen. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

No worries.

Was just some useless fact from here I remembered vaguely from a while ago. Can't remember where I put my ****ing house keys half the time though. 

Personally I think hes be a good signing for us also think hed benefit hugely playing alongside naismith

14 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Keep calm I'm only having a joke .. 

Yes i know the family. 

Puts your opinion in context then.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

My reticence is no secret. If he returns, & works his arse off like Stevo, & Webster did...that's half the battle. 

Just think he needs to launch that rat of an agent. 

Your about right if he works hard then his ability will take care of the rest ( hes no supetstar) but hes good enough to play in our league and score goals and create chances .

There will be other players of the same type  out there as well so sure we'll soon find out if hes signing or not( for next season)

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Puts your opinion in context then.

How the f_€k does it .

Anyway its cup final week lets enjoy ourselves

53 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Sean Clare is one of the laziest players to have put on a Hearts top.  Next to no effort from him on a weekly basis. 

One of the best players you’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey was also one if the laziest

1 minute ago, sadj said:

One of the best players you’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey was also one if the laziest

Indeed. Also quite how effort is being used as a positive to make a case for Jamie Walker over anybody on the planet, and nobody is batting an eyelid is comedy gold.

Clerry Jambo
58 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Correct Rick although I don’t agree with you very often mate

rudi must stay
54 minutes ago, Barack said:

Peace, man. Only asking a harmless question.

Screenshot_20190520-214547_Google.jpg

Not a big fan of Switzerland. But I suppose the flag is a big plus

As for Walker, no risk signing. Walker has talent and is probably at the stage of his career that he feels he could have achieved more. So maybe not a bad time to get him

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not a big fan of Switzerland. But I suppose the flag is a big plus

As for Walker, no risk signing. Walker has talent and is probably at the stage of his career that he feels he could have achieved more. So maybe not a bad time to get him

Every signing is a risk. We’ve ended up paying a lot of money in wages for players who have contributed nothing, or very little. 

As said earlier, I like him but think injuries finished him years ago. If we do sign him, it can only be because he is fit and able to make an immediate contribution. We can’t afford any more project players on the wage bill, even ones who have done well for us in the past. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

If you were to take Sean Clare’s Scottish Cup goals away,

this really would have been a season worthy of lathering yourself into a froth over!

Folk need to remember that he’s only 22 and support the lad. He’s shown a few moments of brilliance and hopefully he can build on that next season. Everyone was quick enough to write off Mulraney who now looks to be great bit of business. Patience.

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Every signing is a risk. We’ve ended up paying a lot of money in wages for players who have contributed nothing, or very little. 

As said earlier, I like him but think injuries finished him years ago. If we do sign him, it can only be because he is fit and able to make an immediate contribution. We can’t afford any more project players on the wage bill, even ones who have done well for us in the past. 

Walker can contribute and is an excellent footballer. He was and is a great player I'm sure of that. What would concern me is his attitude, I would keep him honest if he returned (1 year deal, no more than that)

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you were to take Sean Clare’s Scottish Cup goals away,

this really would have been a season worthy of lathering yourself into a froth over!

Folk need to remember that he’s only 22 and support the lad. He’s shown a few moments of brilliance and hopefully he can build on that next season. Everyone was quick enough to write off Mulraney who now looks to be great bit of business. Patience.

not sure being 22 is an excuse for laziness. We were at our best this season with Naismith, uche, McLean and Morison in the team.. Clare hasn’t done enough 

Edited by kingantti1874

Hearts1975

Would take him back 

if for example he states that he made a mistake back in 2017, had his head turned etc cutting off our nose to spite our face would be plain daft 

maybe if he has had a wake up call he will work harder knowing that it’s best to take nothing for granted 

re the injury situation hopefully he is past the worst - it’s always a risk 

he undoubtedly has a lot of talent and can score goals in this league. 

if he genuinely has learned a hard lesson in recent times he is a player who gets us as a club - a more head screwed on Jamie walker I wouldnt be adverse to him returning at all - with the caviat of having a different mentality this time round! 

Geoff the Mince

I don't see how a workshy manchild who's hardly kicked a ball in 2 seasons will improve us .

It was always downhill for him once he left us and he's done nothing football wise since .

Those slagging Clare are obviously forgetting the latter stages of Walkers time and his

Spell in England where he couldn't come off the bench in England's 3rd tier .

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Jamie was finished after his last run of bad injuries and was a passenger the final 6 months before he left us. His career since leaving should tell us he’s a massive no. 

sandylejambo

He's a very good player when in the mood, but the fact we're saying things like " change attitude and over his injuries" is worrying, we have taken a punt on too many players recently and they mostly are still waiting to come good, we need players that are known to be fit, have it and are always in the mood. So not for me at this time, we need players who have no maybe,s about them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Used to be the same thing in the JJB days....

Anyway, another plodding half cripple is not what we need to progress.

Very good. Didn't seem  crippling when he left hence the demand for his services.  

As an option I think its a terrific signing that is not going to damage the budget 

His name is

Walker was in the position to get a hefty contract which we were never going to match. Every player is going to take this option if available. 

Obviously things should have been handled better on his side. 

If walker was to find his form again he would undoubtedly improve the ream. 

I wouldn't particularly mind seeing Walker back.. As long as it's still followed up by two further wingers. We need options.

No thanks. 

Although he has ability, he has no pace, is injury prone and his attitude in the last 6 months of his time with us was shocking.

His deliberate sending off (forget who it was against, maybe Rangers) is one of the most stupid and selfish things I've seen a Hearts player do.

grumpyespana
10 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Walker at his best was well better than anything we’ve seen in Clare.  That’s a matter of fact. 

That's the question at his best yes but what has he done since going down to England simple answer bog all guys.

I'd rather we tried out more youngsters who actually want to be here. They might not be as good naturally but talent without heart only gets you so far and I think Jamie has reached the final station of where it takes you.

A no from me.

Edited by Taffin

BOBTHEBRUCE

Anyone that thinks that Walker isn't an improvement on what we've got knows he haw about football. 

He wasn't offered the highest wage at the club for nothing. 

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Anyone that thinks that Walker isn't an improvement on what we've got knows he haw about football. 

his last good performance on a football pitch was what- 3 years and at least one operation ago.

TO contextualise- had you been born when he put in a good shift on a football pitch , you would now be able to speak, walk, be toilet trained and be starting nursery.

An entire generation of pet hamsters have been born, lived, loved and died since he last played a good game of football.

doctor jambo
Just now, I.T.K said:

Does anyone know why his loan to Peterborough was cut short? 

because he was shit?

BOBTHEBRUCE
13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

his last good performance on a football pitch was what- 3 years and at least one operation ago.

TO contextualise- had you been born when he put in a good shift on a football pitch , you would now be able to speak, walk, be toilet trained and be starting nursery.

An entire generation of pet hamsters have been born, lived, loved and died since he last played a good game of football.

I take your point about the hamsters. 

20 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Jesus, here we go... :rofl:

Ayes down for a full house...

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Peebo said:

In terms of playing style, I’m struggling to see the comparison with Clare.

In term of quality, even the lame Jamie Walker at the end of his previous stint with us was head and shoulders anything we’ve seen from Clare so far. 

I agree mate. 

If Clare ever gets to double figures in goals in a season (I hope he will) which Jamie did a few times then we can maybe compare them. I’d imagine people would be portraying Clare as a million pound player if that happened but Walker was a lazy shite. Atm Walker was head and shoulders the more effective and likely would still be. 

Clare frustrates the life out of me. I reckon in his own head he’s a good player but he doesn’t show it. He seems to lack desire. 

Walker had some good times at Hearts, he then lost his way, never worked out at Wigan, these things happen...never worked out at Peterborough in a league where even James Collins can thrive. Not sure he is what we need anymore. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

:lol:

On the money.

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, moonraker said:

Walker had some good times at Hearts, he then lost his way, never worked out at Wigan, these things happen...never worked out at Peterborough in a league where even James Collins can thrive. Not sure he is what we need anymore. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Walker and Cummings fell out with the manager and got bombed. 

Absolute Scenes

I’m on the fence with this one

when Walker was to have “downed tools” it was after he’d had to endure a torrid time as did the rest of the team, under Cathro. Morale was low, and Levein had just taken over so his head probably was turned at the prospect of getting out of the rut we were in. Therefore this probably affected his football and mentality.

having said that, if he was to come back, he’d need to show that he was willing to put double the effort in, and really show the fans he’s committed. I would never boo the lad or shout abuse at him, but there is obvious tension because of his decisions. 

Again some players are just suited to certain clubs, and even though he hasn’t done much since leaving, I still think he could be a valuable player with the likes of better players round him, like. Berra and Naismith and even Uche.

if he comes back I won’t be against it, but he’s a lot of making up and proving to do

cosanostra
53 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

100% this.

Giving another penny of Hearts money to Jamie Walker would be absolutely insane.

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’m on the fence with this one

when Walker was to have “downed tools” it was after he’d had to endure a torrid time as did the rest of the team, under Cathro. Morale was low, and Levein had just taken over so his head probably was turned at the prospect of getting out of the rut we were in. Therefore this probably affected his football and mentality.

having said that, if he was to come back, he’d need to show that he was willing to put double the effort in, and really show the fans he’s committed. I would never boo the lad or shout abuse at him, but there is obvious tension because of his decisions. 

Again some players are just suited to certain clubs, and even though he hasn’t done much since leaving, I still think he could be a valuable player with the likes of better players round him, like. Berra and Naismith and even Uche.

if he comes back I won’t be against it, but he’s a lot of making up and proving to do

Yeah I'm the same, my heart tells me he would be a good signing my head tells me he will be a good singing for first few months until a couple of niggly injuries, fans on his back after a poor performance and tools downed.

We need an injection of pace and power in the midfield and I don't think he offers us that,.

Nookie Bear

If people are happy to take a chance on Aidy White or some guy who was on You Tube kicking a ball around a parking Ghana, then i am sure Walker is worth taking a look at.

He could be another project.

AGoodLaugh
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Well put ?

Bring him back, send him to Inverness on loan for 6 months on the proviso he gets fit and proves he is still capable of playing at this level. I'm sure robbo wouldn't complain at having someone of his (supposed) calibre at his disposal.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Walker and Cummings fell out with the manager and got bombed. 

Really? That's quite interesting. As I remember it, Levein went out of his way to try and keep Walker, even offering to make him the highest paid player at the club... then Walker's Dad started telling lies in the press about it... Would have been Cathro who was manager at the time?

Cummings... what Hearts manager did he fall out with? Who was the manager when he was injured and we couldn't afford to offer both him and Nicholson a contract? Must have been Lockie?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

14 hours ago, Barack said:

"He plays like that bit of muck on his face." 

That was about Sean Clare.

A quote, from a poster on here. I won't name them.

The embarrassment should be enough. And to say to other's, that the poster in question's views on Sean Clare's ability, shouldn't really be taken seriously.

I actually saw him referred to as “it” and “that” on a Hearts Facebook page. Honestly 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Really? That's quite interesting. As I remember it, Levein went out of his way to try and keep Walker, even offering to make him the highest paid player at the club... then Walker's Dad started telling lies in the press about it...

Cummings... what Hearts manager did he fall out with? Who was the manager when he was injured and we couldn't afford to offer both him and Nicholson a contract? Must have been Lockie?

I meant at Peterborough this season. 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Really? That's quite interesting. As I remember it, Levein went out of his way to try and keep Walker, even offering to make him the highest paid player at the club... then Walker's Dad started telling lies in the press about it...

Might want to go back and read that post properly? Clearly talking about when Cummings and walker were team mates at Peterborough!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I meant at Peterborough this season. 

Ah, I see... So he's not been getting a game at Peterborough because he fell out with the manager. Nothing to do with fitness or ability?

So that's Peterborough explained. What was the story at Wigan? Managerial fall out again, or was it down to application, fitness and ability?