Jamie Walker

girvanjambo

SuperstarSteve
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Is he? Would have expected him to have got more regular game time at Peterborough, that being the case.

Fell out way Peterborough gaffer. Which shows his attitude is still piss poor if anything. 

A half fit walker is still capable of being a good back up for naisy. 

What do we pay him though? Because it sure as hell better no be same terms we offered before or better. Has to be lower in my opinion. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, SuperstarSteve said:

Fell out way Peterborough gaffer. Which shows his attitude is still piss poor if anything. 

A half fit walker is still capable of being a good back up for naisy. 

What do we pay him though? Because it sure as hell better no be same terms we offered before or better. Has to be lower in my opinion. 

See, that’s exactly it. If what you have said is indeed the case, then we would be signing a guy with a poor attitude, who’s happy to sit on the bench, and we would be paying him for the privilege. He was half fit plenty of times in his first spell here, and in fact, there were games where he was fully fit, and he was a waste of time.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nothing but he’s good if not better than what we currently have. 

This. 

We have a squad with next to zero goal threat. Jamie would give us some of that coming from deeper. 

I’m not that bothered either way but I would’nt be averse to seeing him playing for us again, he’s got something. 

When I see the praise Clare gets for literally nothing performances I wonder why everyone is digging Jamie out tbh. Hes twice the player on a bad day ffs. 

He’s not the brightest, he made a mistake but he’s hardly done a Phressley. 

The only reason Walker would come back is to try and get a move yet again to someone else. Walker is just one of a long line of duds that have came through our youth system. Barring Calum Paterson, just about everyone else is only good enough for lower Scots league clubs. Jack Hamilton was and is a very poor goalkeeper, proved that at the weekend by the goals he lost yet again, Billy King has been released from Dundee Utd so will probably end up at a Cowdenbeath or East Fife in future, Brad Mackay never seemed good or composed enough for top tier football, Kevin McHattie, Jordan McGhee, Gary Oliver never made us money and what ever happened to Liam Smith? Dario Zanatta has had more loans than I can remember. Our youth system is pretty poor overall. They reached a level and didn't improve much thereafter. Walker is a prime example. Sam Nicholson is still in America apparently but we never hear of him, these guys should've been knocking on the International door long before now. And there's others. Jamie Walker (if he returns) will use Hearts as another stepping stone to something else. There are plenty half decent players around, i'd bring Gary Mackay-Steven in, someone different, has pace, two-footed, not a bad crosser of the ball on either flank and can score a good amount of goals. Available on a free transfer. We can't expect to be a safety net for players like Walker who thought they were better than they've proved they are.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

The only reason Walker would come back is to try and get a move yet again to someone else. Walker is just one of a long line of duds that have came through our youth system. Barring Calum Paterson, just about everyone else is only good enough for lower Scots league clubs. Jack Hamilton was and is a very poor goalkeeper, proved that at the weekend by the goals he lost yet again, Billy King has been released from Dundee Utd so will probably end up at a Cowdenbeath or East Fife in future, Brad Mackay never seemed good or composed enough for top tier football, Kevin McHattie, Jordan McGhee, Gary Oliver never made us money and what ever happened to Liam Smith? Dario Zanatta has had more loans than I can remember. Our youth system is pretty poor overall. They reached a level and didn't improve much thereafter. Walker is a prime example. Sam Nicholson is still in America apparently but we never hear of him, these guys should've been knocking on the International door long before now. And there's others. Jamie Walker (if he returns) will use Hearts as another stepping stone to something else. There are plenty half decent players around, i'd bring Gary Mackay-Steven in, someone different, has pace, two-footed, not a bad crosser of the ball on either flank and can score a good amount of goals. Available on a free transfer. We can't expect to be a safety net for players like Walker who thought they were better than they've proved they are.

Hearts are a stepping stone there’s no doubt about that. If Hearts are the limits of any players ambitions then they don’t have much imo. I’d rather have teams bidding money for our players than nobody wanting them tbh. 

Gary Mackay Steven would be a good addition I agree??

Inch Hearts
47 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Maybe one of the kids are ready to make the step up as cover?

Maybe Jamie is as shit as he was when he left/has been since and couldn't do a job any more?

Maybe he wouldn't want to sit on the bench until Naismith gets injured?

Maybe there are far better options out there?

If he signs it will be because he wants to knowing he’s second best for his favoured position and the recruitment team see him as the best option.  That’s a massive IF though but I certainly wouldn’t be against it considering the majority of our signings seem to be massive gambles. 

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

This. 

We have a squad with next to zero goal threat. Jamie would give us some of that coming from deeper. 

I’m not that bothered either way but I would’nt be averse to seeing him playing for us again, he’s got something. 

When I see the praise Clare gets for literally nothing performances I wonder why everyone is digging Jamie out tbh. Hes twice the player on a bad day ffs. 

He’s not the brightest, he made a mistake but he’s hardly done a Phressley. 

I don’t like the way he acted during the interest from Rangers, but that’s not the reason I am not keen on him coming back. I disagree that he was as good as you say he was. He was once upon a time, but those days are getting longer and longer ago now. Towards the end of his time with us, he was not as good as Sean Clare is for us just now, despite Clare not having been consistently any good for us yet. The difference, we have seen the best of Jamie Walker, he isn’t going to get better than that, and I suspect he won’t even recapture something like his best days. I think we are still to see the best of Clare.

Opinions though, obviously.

Phil D. Corners

I would invite him for preseason and see if his body and heart are up to it. 

He was a great player with eye for goal. 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I don’t like the way he acted during the interest from Rangers, but that’s not the reason I am not keen on him coming back. I disagree that he was as good as you say he was. He was once upon a time, but those days are getting longer and longer ago now. Towards the end of his time with us, he was not as good as Sean Clare is for us just now, despite Clare not having been consistently any good for us yet. The difference, we have seen the best of Jamie Walker, he isn’t going to get better than that, and I suspect he won’t even recapture something like his best days. I think we are still to see the best of Clare.

I didn’t like it either, it really pissed me off tbh. I want rid of any player that drops their drawers to either of that rancid pair but it didn’t happen and I’ve mellowed over it. We’d probably get him on less than we offered a year or two back and he can push a few players to perform if nothing else. Jamie will still be able to cut it here. 

On Clare I hope he can improve because I’ll be honest bar his goal at Killie and his penalties I see nothing to get excited about. Still not writing him off but a big performance is needed this Saturday, Levein needs to start demanding performances, he’s been very lenient with him I reckon. 

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Have to take issue with this. Clare has given us nothing, less than. Creating nothing, giving the ball away constantly, bad decision making. Walker was poor towards the end but things were obviously fractious at that point. I wouldn't defend that attitude but even then, I'd take Walker with an attitude problem over the Sean Clare I've seen for 95 % of the season.

9 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Have to take issue with this. Clare has given us nothing, less than. Creating nothing, giving the ball away constantly, bad decision making. Walker was poor towards the end but things were obviously fractious at that point. I wouldn't defend that attitude but even then, I'd take Walker with an attitude problem over the Sean Clare I've seen for 95 % of the season.

Thats not true though. He has created goals. He’s played Naismith through a few times and he can pick a through-ball quite well. He has also ghosted past three or four players at times, but he needs to have his tail up at the time. I think he will find consistency, and if he does, I think he will be better than anything we’ve seen from Walker in years.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hearts are a stepping stone there’s no doubt about that. If Hearts are the limits of any players ambitions then they don’t have much imo. I’d rather have teams bidding money for our players than nobody wanting them tbh. 

Gary Mackay Steven would be a good addition I agree??

Hearts are the biggest supported club out-with the old firm. A move to Hearts was always seen as a major thing in past players' careers and should also be seen as a club that should be challenging at the top of the table. If players come here and don't have that foresight then they shouldn't be anywhere near a Hearts top. Aberdeen? Hibs? Meh! That's why players in the past have came here and played with the club for years. Yes, it's great if they do brilliantly and get a move elsewhere in future, as long as they make us money in transfer fees.

There are a few decent players kicking about that we should (or could) be looking at. Mackay-Steven is just one name.

Think this would be great signing if he’s fit TBH. Knows the league and will score goals even in that role behind the striker when hes not reliant on pace. Be a good option if Naismith not available and if Webster and Stevenson can come back with barely a genuine ripple from the fans I see no real problem with Walker returning. 

Its a big foam handed thumbs up from me. 

ri Alban    "Feck it, Bring back Danny Wilson anaw"

lol....nah, thought he was the weak link in our Championship season and said so at the time. I remember being in a supermarket and after chatting with a Rangers fan I knew, he said as he left "oh by the way...cheers for Danny Wilson!" with a smug look. Wasn't smug when I retaliated and said "you're welcome to him, he'll cost you plenty goals!" few months later bumped into him, I said "how's Danny Wilson getting on?" "He's shite!" was the reply.

Edited by jambonian

Bongo 1874

I can understand why Craig would want to bring Jamie back to hearts if no-one else can't. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

I don't want him back because I'm a stubborn, belligerent arsehole.

His best days are past him too.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Feck it, bring back Danny Wilson anaw.

No thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can understand why Craig would want to bring Jamie back to hearts if no-one else can't. 

Makes a good cuppa? 

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I would invite him for preseason and see if his body and heart are up to it. 

He was a great player with eye for goal. 

Where I am - give him a trial if he's up for it. No harm. For a season or two he was the best young attacking midfielder in the league - David Turnbull level, if a year or so older when he broke through - but we haven't seen much sign of that player for about 2 years. 

David Templeton showed that players can make comebacks, but I can't help feel this has a bit of an Andy Driver feel about it. Injuries might have taken away what made him a good player. 

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No thanks. 

:D What's the deal with Jamie, is there something you're not telling us.  

Just now, ri Alban said:

:D What's the deal with Jamie, is there something you're not telling us.  

Dunno... did I ever tell you about the time he was repeatedly shite when we desperately needed someone to make things happen? ?

It’s honestly not a personal thing for me. I just don’t think he has been good enough for far too long now.

Danny Wilson I just don’t rate. ?

19 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Walker can contribute and is an excellent footballer. He was and is a great player I'm sure of that. What would concern me is his attitude, I would keep him honest if he returned (1 year deal, no more than that)

GREAT PLAYER !

WOW ! 

He really wowed League 1 didn't he ?

Be honest now if this possible signing was anyone other than Jamie Walker you would be slagging Levein for signing another unfit dud that's hardly played any football in a couple of years.

You and others want to sign him because of the form he USED to show for us on occasion mostly in the Championship it has to be said.

If you are basically lazy you will never make it in top class football  - Walker fits that bill.

I hope Clare does not fall into that same trap.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

GREAT PLAYER !

WOW ! 

Be honest now if this possible signing was anyone other than Jamie Walker you would be slagging Levein for signing another unfit dud that's hardly played any football in a couple of years.

You and others want to sign him because of the form he USED to show for us on occasion mostly in the Championship it has to be said.

Let's be fair, it wasn't mostly in the Championship. He was excellent in 15/16 and up until Neilson left in 16/17, after which his form nosedived like everyone else's under Cathro. His goalscoring record in those two seasons was excellent for a midfielder and he played a big role in us getting 3rd and being on track for 3rd again until Neilson left. Very unlucky not to get a Scotland call up that season when you look at some of the names who have been called up recently.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

GREAT PLAYER !

WOW ! 

Spot on! He’s shite, done nowt since he left, injury prone, stinking attitude and shat on his alleged boyhood club (and family history) as soon as Sevco flashed their knickers. He’s a rotten laddie who in no way deserves to play for this club again. 

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Jamie Walker is fecking shit.

His football 'career' has as much life in it than a pack of supermarket sausages. Do yourselves a favour and stop bleating on about him.

:spoton:

Heartsofgold

I want him nowhere near Hearts.  Simply because as soon as he starts to show form in any way, the Sevco leaning media will be fapping themelves into a lather about him wanting to move to his boyhood hero's.  At that point, the rat ******* will down tools again and we are left with a wasted jersey.....again.

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Makes a good cuppa? 

Hmm not quite ??maybe this but ?

Or this? 

jamboinglasgow

Jamie Walker when fit and focused is a fantastic player. However the fit and focused part are the big question marks that would need to be shown for him to come back and be a success.

One thing is, he may have found after moving down south that the grass is not greener and make him come back with more perspective about playing for Hearts.

But at the moment I am in the sceptical camp.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Jamie Walker when fit and focused is a fantastic player. However the fit and focused part are the big question marks that would need to be shown for him to come back and be a success.

One thing is, he may have found after moving down south that the grass is not greener and make him come back with more perspective about playing for Hearts.

But at the moment I am in the sceptical camp.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong here. I remember a very good Jamie Walker a while back too. Highly skeptical that he’s still around though. Not seen or heard from him in a while.

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hmm not quite ??maybe this but ?

Or this? 

Shame he never kicked on.

Is he the first young Scottish player to be ruined by Rangers without even signing for them?

Cruyff Turn

Jamie Walker, if he comes back, needs to earn the right to play and secondly, win the fans back over.

Ultimately he should get a second chance though because he’s a good player.

He’s probably learnt his lesson from thinking he was a billy big bollocks and has spent the last two years picking splinters out of his arse instead.

Still has a lot to offer us as a player. 

Naisy will make him better and coach him to do the right things more often as well. 

Still, I’d hope we bring in 3 or 4 attacking players of that ability which would transform us. 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If you are basically lazy you will never make it in top class football  - Walker fits that bill.

I hope Clare does not fall into that same trap.

I have heard from my one and only source that Clare still has a metal cap in his knee which is due to come out (obviously know nothing about that so maybe that isn't accurate information) 

Clare isn't lazy but has been playing to his limits and doing ok in flashes. Anyway from what I've heard his attitude is top class.

As for the other poster quoting me I watched Walker quite closely (I sit in the Gorgie Stand) and watched him dozens of times carrying us attacking wise. Raith Rovers in extra time for example where they couldn't get the ball off him in the league cup. No he's no model pro but he brings it in an attacking sense and would if he re signed again. Have heard he didn't track back, to be honest that is something that makes our league rubbish. Put him up top and let him express himself

I’d have him back, out of our ex players I’d have milinkovic first but walker is definitely better than our current attacking players. It’s a no brainer!!

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I have heard from my one and only source that Clare still has a metal cap in his knee which is due to come out (obviously know nothing about that so maybe that isn't accurate information) 

I thought I’d heard all the excuses for Clare - but the “metal cap in his knee” takes the biscuit! ?

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought I’d heard all the excuses for Clare - but the “metal cap in his knee” takes the biscuit! ?

What makes you say it’s an excuse. He had a serious knee injury when he arrived. Seems pretty plausible to me. If you have your knee cap replaced, you need to follow a strict rehab programme to ensure it ‘beds in’ properly. If you do it wrong you can permanently ruin it. If Sean was in the latter stages of his recovery for this, then I could see a rumour going around that was not bang on the money, but pretty close.

31 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What makes you say it’s an excuse. He had a serious knee injury when he arrived. Seems pretty plausible to me. If you have your knee cap replaced, you need to follow a strict rehab programme to ensure it ‘beds in’ properly. If you do it wrong you can permanently ruin it. If Sean was in the latter stages of his recovery for this, then I could see a rumour going around that was not bang on the money, but pretty close.

So Levein playing Clare every week is part of his “rehab programme”??

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If he is at the stage where he’s now needing to do more exercise after the initial bedding in part has been completed, then I wouldn’t be too surprised, no. If there’s any truth in the rumour at all, and he has had a new cap put in, then the time out before he arrived would have been when he was doing the exercises to make sure it bedded in correctly, then once that was completed, he’d be gradually building up the exercises until he was able to move about normal on it again. Finally, he would be back to a football player’s fitness and training regime, monitored by the sports science guys, but able to play again.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If he is at the stage where he’s now needing to do more exercise after the initial bedding in part has been completed, then I wouldn’t be too surprised, no. If there’s any truth in the rumour at all, and he has had a new cap put in, then the time out before he arrived would have been when he was doing the exercises to make sure it bedded in correctly, then once that was completed, he’d be gradually building up the exercises until he was able to move about normal on it again. Finally, he would be back to a football player’s fitness and training regime, monitored by the sports science guys, but able to play again.

So.......playing him from the start in over 20 first team games was all part of his rehab. Wow!!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So.......playing him from the start in over 20 first team games was all part of his rehab. Wow!!

Well yes, Thomaso. Once you have fully recovered from an operation, and been through the medical recovery, the next stage is building up the injured area to a level where a non-athlete would be considered fully rehabilitated. If you happen to work in an industry where you run around and kick a ball, jump, land, turn and stretch, then you need to then follow a strict fitness and training programme to make sure you don’t damage yourself further through the extra strains and pressures you need to exert upon yourself... so you can get back to earning a living again.

jambo-rocker

As long as Houldsworth is still his agent he can flipping rot down there. I'd rather not risk having that snake tout more of our youths out to the OF.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Well yes, Thomaso. Once you have fully recovered from an operation, and been through the medical recovery, the next stage is building up the injured area to a level where a non-athlete would be considered fully rehabilitated. If you happen to work in an industry where you run around and kick a ball, jump, land, turn and stretch, then you need to then follow a strict fitness and training programme to make sure you don’t damage yourself further through the extra strains and pressures you need to exert upon yourself... so you can get back to earning a living again.

The post I responded to stated that Clare had a temporary metal cap in his knee that had to come out.

I am amazed if that is the case that our management think he is up to being a first choice starter in our team for most of this season.

24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The post I responded to stated that Clare had a temporary metal cap in his knee that had to come out.

I am amazed if that is the case that our management think he is up to being a first choice starter in our team for most of this season.

Yes, and then I replied to you, that I can see how maybe a rumour like that could have an element of truth, but have veered away from the actual facts. If maybe Sean has had a knee cap replacement op, or another part of his knee replaced, then even when he was back playing, he’d still need time to build up his fitness and menouverability.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing would surprise me.

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Clare isn't lazy but has been playing to his limits and doing ok in flashes. Anyway from what I've heard his attitude is top class.

As for the other poster quoting me I watched Walker quite closely (I sit in the Gorgie Stand) and watched him dozens of times carrying us attacking wise. Raith Rovers in extra time for example where they couldn't get the ball off him in the league cup. No he's no model pro but he brings it in an attacking sense and would if he re signed again. Have heard he didn't track back, to be honest that is something that makes our league rubbish. Put him up top and let him express himself

Well said ??

David McCaig
59 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Here was me thinking that Clare's long standing injury was to his ankle!!!!