Jamie Walker

girvanjambo

Just now, David McCaig said:

Here was me thinking that Clare's long standing injury was to his ankle!!!!

Think you are right there actually. Would mean the rumour being even more inaccurate tbh... most likely shite in fact. Oh well. ?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruyff Turn
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I have heard from my one and only source that Clare still has a metal cap in his knee which is due to come out (obviously know nothing about that so maybe that isn't accurate information) 

Clare isn't lazy but has been playing to his limits and doing ok in flashes. Anyway from what I've heard his attitude is top class.

As for the other poster quoting me I watched Walker quite closely (I sit in the Gorgie Stand) and watched him dozens of times carrying us attacking wise. Raith Rovers in extra time for example where they couldn't get the ball off him in the league cup. No he's no model pro but he brings it in an attacking sense and would if he re signed again. Have heard he didn't track back, to be honest that is something that makes our league rubbish. Put him up top and let him express himself

Interesting chief, never knew this. I thought it was his ankle that was knackered before he came to us.

Cruyff Turn

Walker generally wasn’t lazy until his head had been turned and he completely downed tools, his performance in the Derby after that was an unforgivable, half arsed display. 

However, the season Neilson had us 2nd, then Cathro, Walker was unplayable at times, his attacking instincts and finishing was superb.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Walker generally wasn’t lazy until his head had been turned and he completely downed tools, his performance in the Derby after that was an unforgivable, half arsed display. 

However, the season Neilson had us 2nd, then Cathro, Walker was unplayable at times, his attacking instincts and finishing was superb.

Agree with his attacking instincts

Despite it maybe seeming like he was playing for a move, the 4-1 rangers game comes to mind

He was everywhere that game and was deadly

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agree with his attacking instincts

Despite it maybe seeming like he was playing for a move, the 4-1 rangers game comes to mind

He was everywhere that game and was deadly

That was his last good game for us. He was excellent all of that season though, mind the Killie game as well, was it 4-1 or 4-0 to us.

He was scoring pens, headers, one v ones with the keeper, freekicks, tap ins, screamers from outside the box. He was becoming a quality number 10. Then turned into an absolute bellchief after Rangers rapped him up.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That was his last good game for us. He was excellent all of that season though, mind the Killie game as well, was it 4-1 or 4-0 to us.

He was scoring pens, headers, one v ones with the keeper, freekicks, tap ins, screamers from outside the box. He was becoming a quality number 10. Then turned into an absolute bellchief after Rangers rapped him up.

Aw man was the Killie the one at Christmas time? Think Patterson absolutely clobbered himself and that was his last game for us I believe

He's a player like, and there's obviously a lot of tension around how he moved on - but if he can find that form, and have better players round him again, we might well see his form come back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My soft spot for Walker, he regularly tormented Aberdeen. Welcome back for those games alone. He is a quality player, and not really different to plenty others, most of us get a little wiser the older we get.

7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think you are right there actually. Would mean the rumour being even more inaccurate tbh... most likely shite in fact. Oh well. ?

Yes just another excuse for his shit form isn’t it.

7 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Here was me thinking that Clare's long standing injury was to his ankle!!!!

Boom!!!! ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Would sum up our recruitment team if we signed Walker - easy, lazy, uninspired deal which will probably be a waste of money 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes just another excuse for his shit form isn’t it.

Thomaso. You are a really weird guy.

35 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Thomaso. You are a really weird guy.

Now there’s a coincidence! ?

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Now there’s a coincidence! ?

You really are though. ?

6 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You really are though. ?

Really really.......grow up! ?

letsalldothebeattie

Wigan have just put out the retained list for next season like all clubs in England do. Very strange situation as Jamie Walker isn’t listed at all. The list on the Wigan site is broken down into a few sections. 

First team players out of contract but offered new deal: Walker not listed

First team players out of contract who won’t be offered new deals: Walker not listed

Loan players returning to parent clubs following expiry of deal: Walker not listed as he’s not loaned into Wigan

Loan players returning to Wigan following expiry of deal: Walker not listed despite being at Peterborough on loan

Finally list of players contracted to the club beyond this summer: Jamie Walker not listed again despite being contracted to 2020

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Wigan have just put out the retained list for next season like all clubs in England do. Very strange situation as Jamie Walker isn’t listed at all. The list on the Wigan site is broken down into a few sections. 

First team players out of contract who won’t be offered new deals: Walker not listed

Loan players returning to parent clubs following expiry of deal: Walker not listed as he’s not loaned into Wigan

Loan players returning to Wigan following expiry of deal: Walker not listed despite being at Peterborough on loan

Finally list of players contracted to the club beyond this summer: Jamie Walker not listed again despite being contracted to 2020

He's listed and he was recalled from his loan earlier. (January I think.)

The following, not mentioned above, have playing contracts beyond June 2019.

Nathan Byrne
Samy Morsy
Danny Fox
Jamie Walker
Josh Windass

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2019/may/2019-20-wigan-athletic-retained-list/

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Just had a look, he is listed under players contracted to the club beyond the summer. Though they dont put the names alphabetically so it's not easy to find 

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

He's listed and he was recalled from his loan earlier. (January I think.)

The following, not mentioned above, have playing contracts beyond June 2019.

Nathan Byrne
Samy Morsy
Danny Fox
Jamie Walker
Josh Windass

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2019/may/2019-20-wigan-athletic-retained-list/

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just had a look, he is listed under players contracted to the club beyond the summer. Though they dont put the names alphabetically so it's not easy to find 

Clearly need to get my eyes tested totally missed him on that list