Jamie Walker

girvanjambo

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Might want to go back and read that post properly? Clearly talking about when Cummings and walker were team mates at Peterborough!

Yeah, realise that now.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Inch Hearts

• Cruyff Turn

• jambocub

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walker

Lafferty

Bryson

Nicholson

yes please in that order and get shot of adjoin and Promote Cochrane, Irving and McDonald.

23 minutes ago, maroon said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-star-jamie-walker-opens-11303811

Very interesting from a year ago. Especially stuff from Levein

"But I never said that I wanted to leave.

“I did reject a deal to become the highest earner at the club. But that was because I didn’t feel it was the right offer for myself and my family.

“It wasn’t about not wanting to play for Hearts.

“The suggestion was that I wanted to leave for free but that has never been the case... "

So... he didn't to leave Hearts, but he didn't think that an offer of a three year deal to make him our highest paid player was the right offer for him? So what was the right offer for him then? More money? Different length of deal? Can't have been moving elsewhere, because he didn't want to leave Hearts?

What is interesting about the stuff from Levein, in your opinion?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

“I did reject a deal to become the highest earner at the club. But that was because I didn’t feel it was the right offer for myself and my family.

“The suggestion was that I wanted to leave for free but that has never been the case... "

So... he didn't to leave Hearts, but he didn't think that an offer of a three year deal to make him our highest paid player was the right offer for him? So what was the right offer for him then? More money? Different length of deal? Can't have been moving elsewhere, because he didn't want to leave Hearts?

I read that as he wanted to leave but had never vocalised it to the club. He wanted to leave and for Hearts to get money for him. His motivation for doing so was because he wanted something else opposed to it being driven by not wanting what he had.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

"I never said I wanted to leave"

Wtf? I mean, it's technically true but he didn't need to say it, there are other ways to communicate that you want to leave. Ways like turning down offers to stay, then leaving.

Inch Hearts
47 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ah, I see... So he's not been getting a game at Peterborough because he fell out with the manager. Nothing to do with fitness or ability?

So that's Peterborough explained. What was the story at Wigan? Managerial fall out again, or was it down to application, fitness and ability?

He and Jason Cunmingings fell out with the manager that’s the answer to why he got sent back by Peterborough Cummings then went on loan to Luton who won the league.

ive no idea what the story is with Wigan but I would doubt any of our other midfielders would get in their team as none are Championship level. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I read that as he wanted to leave but had never vocalised it to the club. He wanted to leave and for Hearts to get money for him. His motivation for doing so was because he wanted something else opposed to it being driven by not wanting what he had.

He wanted to leave, but Hearts turned down the offer for him. He wasn't happy about Hearts choosing to turn down the offer. He said that he thinks the club did that because they wanted more money for him. He then verbally agreed to sign a new deal at Hearts, before changing his mind, as he didn't feel it was the "right offer for him and his family":

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rubbish-claims-jamie-walkers-10543121

"Despite Jamie initially agreeing to sign this contract, the club was then informed that he had changed his mind and would not be signing the new deal... "

“Despite the club doing everything in its power to hold onto, and reward, one of its top youth products, it would seem that the player would prefer to see out the remaining year of his contract, leaving the club in a no-win situation... "

“The club has no desire to lose a talent such as Jamie. He is a firm favourite both with the fans and indeed the management. Nor would it stand in the way of any player who does not want to sign a contract and play for Hearts. We must protect the interests of the fans and the business when faced with such a scenario."

Just now, Smithee said:

Wtf? I mean, it's technically true but he didn't need to say it, there are other ways to communicate that you want to leave. Ways like turning down offers to stay, then leaving.

Exactly. He wanted to leave, despite Hearts doing everything in their power to convince him to stay. He verbally agreed to extend his contract, then changed his mind. Then he brings out the 'well I never actually said the words I want to leave' pish. :rofl:

What exactly did he want Hearts to do?

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He and Jason Cunmingings fell out with the manager that’s the answer to why he got sent back by Peterborough Cummings then went on loan to Luton who won the league.

ive no idea what the story is with Wigan but I would doubt any of our other midfielders would get in their team as none are Championship level. 

Another who vastly overestimates the quality of English lower league football, I see.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He wanted to leave, but Hearts turned down the offer for him. He wasn't happy about Hearts choosing to turn down the offer. He said that he thinks the club did that because they wanted more money for him. He then verbally agreed to sign a new deal at Hearts, before changing his mind, as he didn't feel it was the "right offer for him and his family":

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-rubbish-claims-jamie-walkers-10543121

"Despite Jamie initially agreeing to sign this contract, the club was then informed that he had changed his mind and would not be signing the new deal... "

“Despite the club doing everything in its power to hold onto, and reward, one of its top youth products, it would seem that the player would prefer to see out the remaining year of his contract, leaving the club in a no-win situation... "

“The club has no desire to lose a talent such as Jamie. He is a firm favourite both with the fans and indeed the management. Nor would it stand in the way of any player who does not want to sign a contract and play for Hearts. We must protect the interests of the fans and the business when faced with such a scenario."

Exactly. He wanted to leave, despite Hearts doing everything in their power to convince him to stay. He verbally agreed to extend his contract, then changed his mind. Then he brings out the 'well I never actually said the words I want to leave' pish. :rofl:

What exactly did he want Hearts to do?

I'm not defending him, just saying he never said what you suggested (that he didn't want to leave). He clearly did but nothing he said in that interview contradicted that. My thoughts are he wanted more money more than he wanted to play for Hearts so left the club. That's not the same as not wanting to play for Hearts.

He went about it all wrong, came across as a total dick and shouldn't be welcome back but let's not revise what he said when there is already plenty sticks to beat him with.

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Another who vastly overestimates the quality of English lower league football, I see.

Really? I hardly think so. 

Just now, Taffin said:

I'm not defending him, just saying he never said what you suggested (that he didn't want to leave). He clearly did but nothing he said in that interview contradicted that. My thoughts are he wanted more money more than he wanted to play for Hearts so left the club. That's not the same as not wanting to play for Hearts.

He went about it all wrong, came across as a total dick and shouldn't be welcome back but let's not revise what he said when there is already plenty sticks to beat him with.

See, I read it differently to you. I read it as:

I wanted to go to Rangers, but Hearts turned the offer down. Hearts would have got some money for me, so I don't understand why they turned the £600k down for me. I was really disappointed about not getting my big move to Rangers. I spoke to Hearts about it, and they offered me a new deal that would make me the highest paid player at the club. I verbally agreed to the new deal, but then after speaking to my agent and my wife, I turned that deal down, as it was not the best deal for me and my family. Hearts having offered as good a deal as they were able to, then had to accept that he was not going to be at the club next season, so they started making plans for the future. Jamie's form was lukewarm at best, and he started getting dropped. He wouldn't sign the best deal we could offer him, but he never actually said he wanted to leave. It doesn't matter if he said those words or not. If he wasn't going to sign the best deal we could offer, and his contract was running down, then he had intimated that he was going to leave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40278553

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-star-jamie-walker-opens-11303811

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If people are happy to take a chance on Aidy White or some guy who was on You Tube kicking a ball around a parking Ghana, then i am sure Walker is worth taking a look at.

He could be another project.

Walker with a sare knee would be better than Clare.  

Byyy The Light

Not sure how I feel about this one.  Wasn’t impressed with how he left (that’s football) but he’s got the ability to ghost past people, score a goal out of nothing and give us a spark we just don’t have at the moment.

Played in the right system I think he could cause teams problems alongside Naismith. 100 times more effective than Clare.

I think I’d rather take him than a punt on an unknown.  

Edited by Byyy The Light

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

See, I read it differently to you. I read it as:

I wanted to go to Rangers, but Hearts turned the offer down. Hearts would have got some money for me, so I don't understand why they turned the £600k down for me. I was really disappointed about not getting my big move to Rangers. I spoke to Hearts about it, and they offered me a new deal that would make me the highest paid player at the club. I verbally agreed to the new deal, but then after speaking to my agent and my wife, I turned that deal down, as it was not the best deal for me and my family. Hearts having offered as good a deal as they were able to, then had to accept that he was not going to be at the club next season, so they started making plans for the future. Jamie's form was lukewarm at best, and he started getting dropped. He wouldn't sign the best deal we could offer him, but he never actually said he wanted to leave. It doesn't matter if he said those words or not. If he wasn't going to sign the best deal we could offer, and his contract was running down, then he had intimated that he was going to leave.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40278553

I don't disagree really, actually. He's a wee tube anyway and that's all that matters really ??

BOBTHEBRUCE

Cummings and Walker would both get into our starting 11 if fit. IMO

I never thought Walker would make it down south, he doesn't have the size or pace, 

Up here though, it's a no brainer. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Walker with a sare knee would be better than Clare.  

Clare is painfully ineffective. An absolute nonentity. 

I sometimes think we would have been better sticking with Amankwaa. In fact, I bet Robbie Muirhead would have done better. 

Nookie Bear
33 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Its never easy to tell who would make it down south. Personally I thought Cummings and Walker would do alright, but both have struggled. I wasn’t convinced McGinn would cut it but he is doing well at Villa, as is Paterson at Cardiff in the EPL. 

And who would have predicted Wes Hoolahan would play over 100 EPL games, plus another 200 at the top end of the Championship?

I suspect it comes down to ability, attitude and, perhaps most importantly, choosing the right club. Going to a team struggling at the foot of the table was never a good pick for Walker, in hindsight. 

Cruyff Turn

Wouldn’t take him as a first XI player. A good option for lesser games and off the bench however. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its never easy to tell who would make it down south. Personally I thought Cummings and Walker would do alright, but both have struggled. I wasn’t convinced McGinn would cut it but he is doing well at Villa, as is Paterson at Cardiff in the EPL. 

And who would have predicted Wes Hoolahan would play over 100 EPL games, plus another 200 at the top end of the Championship?

I suspect it comes down to ability, attitude and, perhaps most importantly, choosing the right club. Going to a team struggling at the foot of the table was never a good pick for Walker, in hindsight. 

Yeah very good points.  Cummings and Walker don’t strike out at having the correct attitude to cope with down south.  I would take them both at Hearts without a doubt though, they would vastly improve our line up and options. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wouldn’t take him as a first XI player. A good option for lesser games and off the bench however. 

We have a non-existent right hand side of midfield. Walker would be first pick for me wall day long. 

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Walker and Cummings fell out with the manager and got bombed. 

IIRC, Walker turned down an offer to make him the highest paid player at the club. Levein kept playing him and regularly praised him in the.media. Cummings was released because he was injured and we were broke. 

Not quite the same is it? 

Inch Hearts
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

IIRC, Walker turned down an offer to make him the highest paid player at the club. Levein kept playing him and regularly praised him in the.media. Cummings was released because he was injured and we were broke. 

Not quite the same is it? 

Read the whole thread pal ?

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We have a non-existent right hand side of midfield. Walker would be first pick for me wall day long. 

Walkers shite on the right. He’s an inside left or number 10.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Read the whole thread pal ?

?

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Walkers shite on the right. He’s an inside left or number 10.

Hes not as effective there no, certainly a better option than what we have right now though.

Cruyff Turn
11 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Hes not as effective there no, certainly a better option than what we have right now though.

Is that why he scored 15 goals in his best season playing as an inside left/number 10? 

Infact, the last time Jamie Walker played right wing or right mid would have been

2012/13 - 2013/14 seasons.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is that why he scored 15 goals in his best season playing as an inside left/number 10? 

Infact, the last time Jamie Walker played right wing or right mid would have been

2012/13 - 2013/14 seasons.

Yeah I’m not disputing that in fact I agreed with you that he’s not as effective on the right.  He’s best in the Naismith position so it would be a good shout if Naismiths out injured to have another option. 

TBH, the way Evans used Walker was never going to work at Peterborough. The first couple of times I saw him there he was most effective running with the ball but then Evans decided to change the approach. I last saw him there against Barnsley and the ball just kept on flying over his head and he was subbed after about 30 mins.  Hardly got a look in after that and spent most of the time on the bench.  Cummings was the same, did fine to start with then Evans changed the approach and they started to drop points.  No surprise Evans was binned, was not particularly well thought of.  BTW, he left because Wigan need him back as cover, not because he and Evans fell out, although it was obvious he was not in his plans and they did not quite see eye to eye.  Would have been interesting to see how Ferguson would have used him.

That all said, would he get back to how we used to enjoy watching him? Not sure, he has talent, but his injury record makes me wonder.  Such a shame, because fit and on form, it would be a no brainer for me.

47 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah I’m not disputing that in fact I agreed with you that he’s not as effective on the right.  He’s best in the Naismith position so it would be a good shout if Naismiths out injured to have another option. 

Do you reckon he would be happy to sit on the bench when Naismith is available to play, or would you put him in the team at the expense of Mulraney?

Absolute Scenes
41 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Do you reckon he would be happy to sit on the bench when Naismith is available to play, or would you put him in the team at the expense of Mulraney?

Mulraney is the quickest player we have - he has to play

tokyowalnut
45 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Going by his attitude, he probably would be happy to take a wage and sit on the bench. 

I dont think we should consider him under any circumstances, and definitely not at the wage he was offered when he left. He's done nothing for 3 years, no sign he'd do anything if he came back. 

I'd still jump about like a looney and sing his name if he came back and scored against Hibs!!

I forgot we offered Jamie walker a contract that would make him highest earner :vrface:

At least we dodged a bullet there!  We've got enough injury problems as it is.

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

comments from then director of football Craig Levein, who said on the club’s website: “It would seem that the player would prefer to see out the remaining year of his contract, leaving the club in a no-win situation"

That

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Its a gamble with Naismith right now so cover in that position as well as first team competition on the left and can play on the right also makes him ideal if anywhere near his potential. 

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, maroon said:

comments from then director of football Craig Levein, who said on the club’s website: “It would seem that the player would prefer to see out the remaining year of his contract, leaving the club in a no-win situation"

That

not really controversial though is it.

Offered bumper deal to sign extension.

Highest paid player,

turns it down.

fairly straight forwards to me that he was seeing out his contract before leaving for nothing instead of signing the best deal we could manage.

So aye, Levein was correct.

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Highest paid player,

turns it down.

fairly straight forwards to me that he was seeing out his contract before leaving for nothing instead of signing the best deal we could manage.

Yes maybe so was just the way levein send leaving the club in a no win situation. Meaning Levein clearly doesnt see walker as having any loyalty to the club. Which makes me find it weird he'd be wanting to sign him up again so soon after

Nelly Terraces

Jamie Walker is fecking shit.

His football 'career' has as much life in it than a pack of supermarket sausages. Do yourselves a favour and stop bleating on about him.

59 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Mulraney is the quickest player we have - he has to play

Indeed. He stops good opponents from hurting you on his wing as well, because they know that if they push up too high, and Jake gets a move on them, he is gone, and they are not catching him.

52 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Going by his attitude, he probably would be happy to take a wage and sit on the bench. 

I dont think we should consider him under any circumstances, and definitely not at the wage he was offered when he left. He's done nothing for 3 years, no sign he'd do anything if he came back. 

I'd still jump about like a looney and sing his name if he came back and scored against Hibs!!

Maybe, not sure though. He took the right hump when he was dropped last time he was here.

15 minutes ago, maroon said:

That

He was though. He changed his mind about signing a new deal and intimated he was offski, as our best offer wasn't the right deal for him.

14 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Its a gamble with Naismith right now so cover in that position as well as first team competition on the left and can play on the right also makes him ideal if anywhere near his potential. 

That depends on a lot of factors. Is he basically just as immobile and toothless as he was when he left us, and he has been for Wigan and Peterborough? Would he be happy to sit on the bench and only play when Naismith was unavailable? How much do pay a guy to fill that role? Do we have any youngsters who would be a better option to fill in as cover for when Naismith is out?

9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Highest paid player,

turns it down.

Exactly.

(needs more rodent references though)

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed. He stops good opponents from hurting you on his wing as well, because they know that if they push up too high, and Jake gets a move on them, he is gone, and they are not catching him.

Maybe, not sure though. He took the right hump when he was dropped last time he was here.

He was though. He changed his mind about signing a new deal and intimated he was offski, as our best offer wasn't the right deal for him.

That depends on a lot of factors. Is he basically just as immobile and toothless as he was when he left us, and he has been for Wigan and Peterborough? Would he be happy to sit on the bench and only play when Naismith was unavailable? How much do pay a guy to fill that role? Do we have any youngsters who would be a better option to fill in as cover for when Naismith is out?

Exactly.

(needs more rodent references though)

We’ve absolutely no cover for Naismith which has been evident since January.  Walker is tried and tested in that role and could even learn from Naismith. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

We’ve absolutely no cover for Naismith which has been evident since January.  Walker is tried and tested in that role and could even learn from Naismith. 

Maybe one of the kids are ready to make the step up as cover?

Maybe Jamie is as shit as he was when he left/has been since and couldn't do a job any more?

Maybe he wouldn't want to sit on the bench until Naismith gets injured?

Maybe there are far better options out there?

doctor jambo
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Walker is tired and bested.

He is still learning ?

Is he our Eoin Jess?

Just now, doctor jambo said:

Walker is tired and bested.

He is still learning ?

Is he our Eoin Jess?

:lol:

indianajones
26 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Jamie Walker is fecking shit.

His football 'career' has as much life in it than a pack of supermarket sausages. Do yourselves a favour and stop bleating on about him.

Correct. 

Jamboelite

The amount of people that hold on about ex players ffs 

Do people forget Walker was pish for a large spell at the end of his time at our club.

What exactly has changed ?

davemclaren
Just now, Jamboelite said:

The amount of people that hold on about ex players ffs 

Do people forget Walker was pish for a large spell at the end of his time at our club.

What exactly has changed ?

Nothing but he’s good if not better than what we currently have. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nothing but he’s good if not better than what we currently have. 

Is he? Would have expected him to have got more regular game time at Peterborough, that being the case.