dellboy1971

Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are trying to deflect criticism. I am not advocating taking over as manager but I am pushing for the removal of a well remunerated manager and a replacement installed. Someone who CAN read a game and make proactive substitutions. Someone who doesn't just rely on height, strength, endeavour, set pieces and long throw ins to get goals. Soneone who doean't "struggle to come up with ideas to create chances" when a couple of his Plan A players are injured. 

I didn't ask you to take over as manager and I wouldn't want you anyway.

I presume from what you are saying that you can't read a game.  Enough said.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Jammy T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

soonbe110
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I can pick my team any time. It doesn't seem to be resonating with Levein's apologists though - why is the response to criticising Levein met with the question : what would YOU do?  I tell you what I would do though, as a non-experienced manager, I would have them practicising off the ball movement,  quick passing etc etc. I would leave one player on the centre circle when we defend corners,  i would ask the wingers to hit the byeline rather than cut inside. I would vary the throw ins so that we don't just give the ball to Michael Smith for yet another "dry and launch" routine every single time. Anyway ...back to Levein

Good, a breakthrough. For once,  I agree with everything you say.Re what would you do - too many on here, and in life in general, just criticise without suggesting how things could be better. Gets tiresome just reading negativity. 

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You are trying to deflect criticism. I am not advocating taking over as manager but I am pushing for the removal of a well remunerated manager and a replacement installed. Someone who CAN read a game and make proactive substitutions. Someone who doesn't just rely on height, strength, endeavour, set pieces and long throw ins to get goals. Soneone who doean't "struggle to come up with ideas to create chances" when a couple of his Plan A players are injured. 

To be fair it’s been more than a couple of plan A players we have missed through injury. Just look at Spurs, third in top league in world, semis of CL, yet currently  Kane, Winks, Alli, Son, Vertonghen out and they are a shadow of the team they were. Very similar injuries to ours, the core of the team missing. Do you have a go at Poch on Spurs forums? 

Reality has to be taken into account at times. 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair it’s been more than a couple of plan A players we have missed through injury. Just look at Spurs, third in top league in world, semis of CL, yet currently  Kane, Winks, Alli, Son, Vertonghen out and they are a shadow of the team they were. Very similar injuries to ours, the core of the team missing. Do you have a go at Poch on Spurs forums? 

Spurs plan A is a young player not even hit the peak of his career, ours was a guy plagued by injury for the last year and in his 30s.  There’s a massive difference.  Aberdeen have shit loads of players out just now and have done since winter, they have managed to find a way to be consistent? Injuries have of course impacted the season massively, there’s no denying that but it should be something to hide behind either. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

That is your opinion and I respect that. However, mine I suggest is more valid given that Uche was unmarked in the box .

So even if you think he meant to play it to Uche, the ball deflected off his other foot so there was an element of luck in it arriving at uche's feet! Unless you think he meant the deflection in which case I'm out?

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Top league in the world money wise, imo.

Spain gets that accolade.

10 out of the last 14 European trophies.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

If we hadn't got the injuries there's a good chance we'd have challenged for the league.

It's not Levein's fault the squad is so unbalanced it couldn't cope.

It's best we give him another window and at least the first round of fixtures next season

That way if it still isn't working at least we'll have wasted another season in finding out for certain.

Bang on the money!

I do fear some people may interpret this post as literal and quote it as such! 

38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And that's the key part...they've still achieved what could be reasonably expected of them despite the injuries.

If they were 10th in the league and playing awful football you can bet there would be folk criticising Pochettino regardless of making the CL semi final.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Has this scenario ever played out or is it just a figment of your imagination? 

You obviously are not in the know.

Try reading and listening and you might learn what happens in the world. ?

11 hours ago, DH1986 said:

We had back ups for defence. One being Hughes and it was quickly decided that he wasn’t capable of being a back up which most fans knew this. Why was a wage wasted on him ?

It was further forward that was the problem......

Someone decided to go into the season with an inexperienced teenager and a real punt of a signing on the wings. Huge mistake.

We had no like for like replacement for Naismith. That guy is absolutely key to how we played and no forethought was given to how we would cope without him.

Uche....same as above.

Haring....same as above.

We signed 19 players and were still alarmingly short of quality in so many key areas.

The blame for that lies at the door of the manager.

So we should have like for like replacements for uche, naismith and haring? How is that possible on our budget? Especially naismith.

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, we are chasing the game and he makes the change. MacLean has an assist and we ended up getting a point so, of course, he deserves credit for that.  However, my gripe is that Levein's changes are usually reactive as opposed to proactive and his speed of thought and ability to read games are lacking. He previously stated that "i know what it takes to get points in this league". I'm paraphrasing him but, given our consecutive 6th place finishes, other managers are better at it than him.

As I said we started better than Hibs in both derbies.

siegementality
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Gary Locke wasn’t sacked.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475750/There-was-no-place-for-Locke-in-new-Hearts-regime

There’s a certain irony given Levein said the emphasis would be on a first team coach rather than manager when Locke got emptied.

Funny given Levein’s role now. Then again I suppose that’s what happens when it’s made up as it goes along.

E19B85B4-D7A8-44F8-B744-35B18C2B6FAD.jpeg

Edited by siegementality

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

And that's the key part...they've still achieved what could be reasonably expected of them despite the injuries.

If they were 10th in the league and playing awful football you can bet there would be folk criticising Pochettino regardless of making the CL semi final.

Not really. They were well clear in third, almost challenging for  title and looking good for CL until injuries hit. Hardly won a game in recent weeks. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really. They were well clear in third, almost challenging for  title and looking good for CL until injuries hit. Hardly won a game in recent weeks. 

You're so out of touch with reality. 

Comparing us to Spurs ffs :dizzy2:

Bull's-eye

4 upgrades in quality coming in and Mr Levein still at the helm for next season..

Luvvly Jubbly.

:

3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

You're the one who's out of touch with reality.

He's not comparing us with Spurs: he's likening their situation to ours and even with expensive players available to come in for Kane and Son, they are starting to drift.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, JamboAl said:

:

He's not comparing us with Spurs: he's likening their situation to ours and even with expensive players available to come in for Kane and Son, they are starting to drift.

Drift?

They're in the semi final of the champions league and 3rd in the premiership, They've barely bought a player either. 

We're 6th in a guff league with a goal difference of minus 5. 

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

If we hadn't got the injuries there's a good chance we'd have challenged for the league.

It's not Levein's fault the squad is so unbalanced it couldn't cope.

It's best we give him another window and at least the first round of fixtures next season

That way if it still isn't working at least we'll have wasted another season in finding out for certain.

Hearts....wasting seasons since the 1960s

When will it all stop?

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Drift?

They're in the semi final of the champions league and 3rd in the premiership, They've barely bought a player either. 

We're 6th in a guff league with a goal difference of minus 5. 

Leed United - a far bigger club than us and many others in the EPL.

Not been in the EPL for a couple of decades.

Shit happens sunshine.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Jammy T said:

Shit happens sunshine.

What does that have to do with anything?

soonbe110
32 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Disagree, several key players injured affects teams the same way regardless of what level they play at. 

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Shit happens sunshine.

This is a fact that can't be stated often enough. Celtic and especially  Sevco  assume that they would be some kind of force in English/British football. FWIW I think that Celtic would be the more successful of the two but would probably be a YoYo club and would be lucky  if they were in Europe once every ten years. Der Hun would probably not see European competition again. It's almost tempting to wish that it happens, but I happen to love Scottish football. As for Hearts, I imagine they would be a regular Championship side but with the frequent threat of falling into the lower divisions, just like Sunderland for example. 

The arse cheeks don't know when they're well-off. Hell mend them.

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

This is a fact that can't be stated often enough. Celtic and especially  Sevco  assume that they would be some kind of force in English/British football. FWIW I think that Celtic would be the more successful of the two but would probably be a YoYo club and would be lucky  if they were in Europe once every ten years. Der Hun would probably not see European competition again. It's almost tempting to wish that it happens, but I happen to love Scottish football. As for Hearts, I imagine they would be a regular Championship side but with the frequent threat of falling into the lower divisions, just like Sunderland for example. 

The arse cheeks don't know when they're well-off. Hell mend them.

It's got bugger all to do with Hearts or the title of this thread though! 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we should have like for like replacements for uche, naismith and haring? How is that possible on our budget? Especially naismith.

Exactly, why would Naismith mark2 want come to us and sit on the bench waiting, just in case, Naismith mark 1 gets injured? Some folk need to get real, or think before they type. 

upgotheheads
Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

It's got bugger all to do with Hearts or the title of this thread though! 

Title!!! who cares about the Title?

BOBTHEBRUCE
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Title!!! who cares about the Title?

If it was up to some people on here, we will never care about the title. 

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HISTORY MAN, THE HISTORY

WE'VE NEVER BEEN CHALLENGING

WHY SHOULD WE NOW

Beat it. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

innerjambo

Anyone else think Levein would make a really good Head Librarian, or Museum Curator................ just a thought ?

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

If it was up to some people on here, we will never care about the title. 

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HISTORY MAN, THE HISTORY

WE'VE NEVER BEEN CHALLENGING

WHY SHOULD WE NOW

Beat it. 

It makes a change from other threads being hijacked by the Leeveen oot mob. 

5 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Spurs plan A is a young player not even hit the peak of his career, ours was a guy plagued by injury for the last year and in his 30s.  There’s a massive difference.  Aberdeen have shit loads of players out just now and have done since winter, they have managed to find a way to be consistent? Injuries have of course impacted the season massively, there’s no denying that but it should be something to hide behind either. 

Are you saying we shouldn't have signed Naismith?

Where did this idea that we should two equal quality players for every position come from? Why should Levein have to do that when previous Hearts managers haven't?

Think back to any of our sides, especially our best sides - 85/86 or 97/98 for example, or the 2012 cup team. Who were our back-ups to the likes of Robbo, Colquhoun, Levein, McCann, Cameron, Adam, Skacel, Webster.... ? It was youngsters and journeymen. Since when did we have the budget to have 10 or more high quality players in reserve and how on earth would we keep those players happy if they weren't playing all the time?

To his credit Levein actually pulled a couple of very good defensive signings out of his hat as cover for Berra and Souttar this season, but couldn't find a striker.

(And Aberdeen's injuries haven't been anywhere near as bad as ours. Take out the likes of Cosgrove, Shinnie and Lewis for a third of the seasonal the same time and then we can compare).

Edited by Guest

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

4 upgrades in quality coming in and Mr Levein still at the helm for next season..

Luvvly Jubbly.

4 more immobile, slow passing, defensive types.  Great, can't wait. The only way we will get upgrades is when the new manager identifies pacy, quick thinking, creative players. Anyway,  4 more games and Levein is out.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You think our squad should only have one defensive midfielder and one centre forward ?

Haring and Uche came from lower leagues and will hardly be on huge money.

I’d hazard a guess that Hughes and Wighton combined will be on the same as Haring and Uche combined. Both have been a complete waste of money and it would have been better spent elsewhere.

Naismith is an exception.....we’d struggle to replace him.

However.....

After his first injury of the season CL admitted he didn’t know how to get the team to cope without Naismith......well that is his damn job. There should always be a Plan B to allow us to progress. We didn’t have one. 

Our squad is imbalanced and weak.

Unknown user

My favourite thing about kickback is the relentless, repetitive negativity trying to convince me how shite everything is. Good times. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My favourite thing about kickback is the relentless, repetitive negativity trying to convince me how shite everything is. Good times. 

By the same posters. 

I honestly think some of them will boo Levein if he goes up to collect the cup. 

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

By the same posters. 

I honestly think some of them will boo Levein if he goes up to collect the cup. 

The only people I know who want him to stay only exist on here, you struggle to find a single voice backing Levein in real life.

Inch Hearts
58 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are you saying we shouldn't have signed Naismith?

Where did this idea that we should two equal quality players for every position come from? Why should Levein have to do that when previous Hearts managers haven't?

Think back to any of our sides, especially our best sides - 85/86 or 97/98 for example, or the 2012 cup team. Who were our back-ups to the likes of Robbo, Colquhoun, Levein, McCann, Cameron, Adam, Skacel, Webster.... ? It was youngsters and journeymen. Since when did we have the budget to have 10 or more high quality players in reserve and how on earth would we keep those players happy if they weren't playing all the time?

To his credit Levein actually pulled a couple of very good defensive signings out of his hat as cover for Berra and Souttar this season, but couldn't find a striker.

(And Aberdeen's injuries haven't been anywhere near as bad as ours. Take out the likes of Cosgrove, Shinnie and Lewis for a third of the seasonal the same time and then we can compare).

No I’m saying we shouldn’t have based our entire plan on a crocked footballer.

Look at Aberdeen’s injuries and you will find they are just as bad.  

Defenders point I completely agree by the way .

We didn’t go near replacing Laff, we have had no way of playing at all since Naisy went out apart from punt and hope and keep it tight. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Bull's-eye
35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

4 more immobile, slow passing, defensive types.  Great, can't wait. The only way we will get upgrades is when the new manager identifies pacy, quick thinking, creative players. Anyway,  4 more games and Levein is out.

He's not going anywhere, get used to it. 

Or, keep slavering pish....????

Its ok, I know the answer ?????

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

The only people I know who want him to stay only exist on here, you struggle to find a single voice backing Levein in real life.

It doesn't matter whether folk want him to stay or go but he must have pumped a few wives, or girlfriends to merit the obsessive seethe from some on here. 

Unknown user
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

I know a few against him too, my brother included, but he'll be here for the cup final, that's a stone cold fact.

The next few weeks could be filled with relentless negativity, or not, so maybe we could try not for 5 minutes.

Nothing personal, it's just getting tedious as ****

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It doesn't matter whether folk want him to stay or go but he must have pumped a few wives, or girlfriends to merit the obsessive seethe from some on here. 

Doubt it, folk probably just think he's a shite manager and you don't have to dig too deep to come up with evidence to support that opinion.

He's had a reasonable managerial career, nothing spectacular but I think his time has came and went.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I know a few against him too, my brother included, but he'll be here for the cup final, that's a stone cold fact.

The next few weeks could be filled with relentless negativity, or not, so maybe we could try not for 5 minutes.

Nothing personal, it's just getting tedious as ****

If we're as bad as we have been for the last few months in our final three league games it will be negative, of course it will.

Put in a few decent performances, get a result or two then folk might start thinking we might have a chance in the final after all.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

:

Yeh they've drifted but they've not plummeted to the middle of their table. They're still playing quite attractive football and going for wins as well.

We've not seen them retreat into their shell and play for 0-0 draws.

They're going to probably finish the season having met their objectives despite facing some injury issues.

They've not under performed 3 years on the bounce.

siegementality
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Hearts....wasting seasons since the 1960s

When will it all stop?

AAARRRGGHHHH!!!

You’re right, we should never have the ambition to rectify that. Why would we possibly aim to have the glory days of the mid 50’s to early 60’s again. Stay wasting seasons from now until eternity. That we can keep saying it’s aye been.

Edited by siegementality

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Someone brought Spurs into this shitfest. In for a penny....

Hearts1975
7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry, but you are out of touch. 

The poster I replied too suggested if we changed manager now there would be demands on him to compete with the sheep immediately 

I just questioned if that was the case as in the last 5 years we haven’t got near them.

I don’t think I’m out of touch. 

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again,  that is your opinion. Others would disagree. Although I don't place a lot of emphasis on posession or kms covered , the fact that Hibs had 52% overall posession would suggest we didn't "dominate" the game. They certainly had more pace and creativity imo.  I'm not going to apologise for not liking Levein. It was a botched managerial search and a retrograde appointment from AB, one that was always going to divide the support.

To have 48% possession away from home in a derby against a team unbeaten in 11 is pretty too though, eh?

14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again,  that is your opinion. Others would disagree. Although I don't place a lot of emphasis on posession or kms covered , the fact that Hibs had 52% overall posession would suggest we didn't "dominate" the game. They certainly had more pace and creativity imo.  I'm not going to apologise for not liking Levein. It was a botched managerial search and a retrograde appointment from AB, one that was always going to divide the support.

Prove that it was botched?

12 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I didn’t know that the contract was up for renewal but I think he was relieved of his duties as Hearts Manager by Craig, and the Neilson appointment was planned a long time before this happened 

Either way I’m just saying that a  decision was made to discontinue with Locke

No he ****ing wasn’t FFS - his contract had an end date and that contract ended.

How well is Locke’s current team that he is managing doing?

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Prove that it was botched?

The proof will be sitting in the dug out on Saturday. Pressley had originally accepted the job but changed his mind.