Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Except him and people like him who are long-term supporters will be missed financially.

No they won’t. 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Jammy T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

frankblack
9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I was responding to a post saying someone not renewing will not be missed. I was saying that’s not true and if enough don’t renew, even 500 that it is significant financially. You may be right re ST sales as the fans are loyal, but I’m speaking to long-term, thick and thin supporters who are totally shanned off. 

Fair enough. 

Every end of season we get this if the team hasn't been spectacular.  When push comes to shove its a choice between spending their Saturdays dragged along the shops with their Mrs or watching the Hearts, and most will renew. :lol:

jambonian

Football is different now. Gone are the days when we played fairly regularly in European competitions, and not just us. Football was actually better in the 80s. We had a competitive league with the likes of Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Rangers more evenly matched. I remember being more worried about playing Dundee Utd or Aberdeen than I ever was against the bigot brothers. Hibs were always a club just happy to avoid relegation under Alex Miller every season, and rightly so. Used to enjoy going to middens like Dumbarton's Boghead, Hamilton's Douglas Park and Airdrie's Broomfield. What chance for European football these days for us when the Champions League has ruined the game? Atmosphere has gone from footy which is also a factor. Poor football creates poor atmospheres. Scared to swear incase some wallflower is offended. Sorry but sometimes an expletive pops out through frustration then you realise there's kids around you. That's if you're not getting the back of your seat booted to hell by one. It's all changed.

Mr Kipling
On 01/05/2019 at 18:39, ToqueJambo said:

Can you outline Leveins style of football please? He has often used a high press which is a very modern style, as is a formation with one main striker. I also don’t remember many teams playing 3

at the back in the 80s.

Levein has played some

different formations and setups this season and we are proven by stats not to be a long ball team so what is this style you seem so sure of. (And not playing well is not a style).

I have absolutely no idea what style of football he plays - but it is terrible to watch and brings no positive results. I can't remember when we last won a game convincingly. Every week it is a complete struggle, don't you think?

Gnjambo16
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Fair enough. 

Every end of season we get this if the team hasn't been spectacular.  When push comes to shove its a choice between spending their Saturdays dragged along the shops with their Mrs or watching the Hearts, and most will renew. :lol:

“Haven’t been spectacular” hmm well that’s one way of describing them ? Others may see the reality 

bighalders
On 02/05/2019 at 23:59, rudi must stay said:

A semi final and a final is a great season for Hearts

That shouldn't be forgotten

Grand scheme of things Levein has done a good job. We may not always like the way we play, but he knows what he's doing and has brought us back from the horror days and where we were heading

Absolute nonsense we have finished 6th and 6th and its dull and boring to watch. If levein stays then attendances will plummet 

Edited by bighalders

siegementality
4 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

No they won’t. 

Well please explain where the money lost will be recouped from then.

frankblack
2 hours ago, Gnjambo16 said:

“Haven’t been spectacular” hmm well that’s one way of describing them ? Others may see the reality 

You clearly haven't followed Hearts for long if you think this season is unbearable.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You clearly haven't followed Hearts for long if you think this season is unbearable.

So what are your thoughts on this season, acceptable?

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So what are your thoughts on this season, acceptable?

A decision surely made after the Final, no ?

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Well please explain where the money lost will be recouped from then.

The money will be recouped with a new generation of supporters in line with the values of normal people living in 2019.

The old boys club/dinosaur generation who can’t handle the fact a woman is dragging the club into the 21st century are soon to be a thing of the past. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I was thinking about this earlier after a Hobo said to me ha we are 3points ahead of ya. They were what 18ahead last year and im pissed we are below them but it is what it is. However we have also had a cup final and semi. Draw pish apart to say any of us would swap that for 4points to be above them would be a no. Its not a successful season as such but at least we still have the potential to end it with a miracle ?

Gigolo-Aunt
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Correct.  As much as we need a fresh direction you can’t sack him before the final.

Bazzas right boot

If we win this final, so many "fans" are going to be in turmoil. 

Celebrate, renew. 

.... Nah, not until Levein leaves. 

Just **** off now and do us all a favour. 

If you want to support a team that wins all the time, you know where to go. 

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The money will be recouped with a new generation of supporters in line with the values of normal people living in 2019.

The old boys club/dinosaur generation who can’t handle the fact a woman is dragging the club into the 21st century are soon to be a thing of the past. 

I actually laughed out loud at this :lol:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip, and that's the way it should be. 

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Celebrate, renew. 

Are you actually a child? Every time I read one of your posts i think you must be about 10 years old.

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Celebrate, renew. 

Turmoil............. stop giving your mind a treat and get your hands out your pants!

Reality has bitten already, win, lose or draw..........he's yesterday's child, a relic, a footballing dinosaur, belligerent and unsustainable in his role. Football management is about when enough is enough for a club and he is beyond that win or lose the cup. Turmoil is for people not in control of their faculties. Is that you?

rick witter

Celebrate, renew. 

It’s not to do with that and you know it. 

Its about Hearts failure to even get close to 4th, yes 4th place in a 12 team league. Never mind third we are absolutely nowhere near good enough to break into the top 4 at the moment. Despite finishing 3rd in our first season back after that we have been nowhere!!! 

We have probably signed more players than every other team in the league over the last 2 years and are still miles away. 

I know we won’t win all the time but I expect a team who will compete and leave everything on the pitch every time they play and also have belief we can win against the other top 6 teams regularly. Under Levein we will never have that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Are you actually a child? Every time I read one of your posts i think you must be about 10 years old.

My point stands. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

I was thinking about this earlier after a Hobo said to me ha we are 3points ahead of ya. They were what 18ahead last year and im pissed we are below them but it is what it is. However we have also had a cup final and semi. Draw pish apart to say any of us would swap that for 4points to be above them would be a no. Its not a successful season as such but at least we still have the potential to end it with a miracle ?

Our record, post-split, since we came back up from the Championship has been abysmal. 2 wins in in 18 or something. 

There’s a pretty horrific chance it will be 2 in 20.

If it wasn’t for this Final......!

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Well he did want Hibs to win the cup .

rick witter
Just now, gedster said:

Turmoil............. stop giving your mind a treat and get your hands out your pants!

Reality has bitten already, win, lose or draw..........he's yesterday's child, a relic, a footballing dinosaur, belligerent and unsustainable in his role. Football management is about when enough is enough for a club and he is beyond that win or lose the cup. Turmoil is for people not in control of their faculties. Is that you?

Agree 100%

Leveins methods/tactics/ ways of setting teams up is way outdated but he will never change so we need to change him for someone  new.

Just now, Boab said:

Our record, post-split, since we came back up from the Championship has been abysmal. 2 wins in in 18 or something. 

There’s a pretty horrific chance it will be 2 in 20.

If it wasn’t for this Final......!

I think since we came back up iv switched off after the split other than the Hibs games. It is abysmal no arguing that. Has to be the worst of any team who’s been top six.

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

My point stands. 

What was your point again?

Hearts fans will be in turmoil if we win the Scottish cup and everyone who doesn't want Levein as manager should just **** off? Something like that. Aye brilliant points, mate.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s not to do with that and you know it. 

Its about Hearts failure to even get close to 4th, yes 4th place in a 12 team league. Never mind third we are absolutely nowhere near good enough to break into the top 4 at the moment. Despite finishing 3rd in our first season back after that we have been nowhere!!! 

We have probably signed more players than every other team in the league over the last 2 years and are still miles away. 

I know we won’t win all the time but I expect a team who will compete and leave everything on the pitch every time they play and also have belief we can win against the other top 6 teams regularly. Under Levein we will never have that. 

Even that post will be turned on it's head if we win the cup, so my point stands. 

Folk, imo like yourself will be in turmoil if we win the cup. 

Cup win v Levein delivering said win. 

.. What to do And feel. 

Tragic, but clearly true. 

heartandsoul
6 minutes ago, gedster said:

This

4 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Well he did want Hibs to win the cup .

Don’t think either had a moral high ground. One makes vile comments about Clare’s birthmark one wants Hibs to win the cup

potato / potato if you ask me ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

What was your point again?

Hearts fans will be in turmoil if we win the Scottish cup and everyone who doesn't want Levein as manager should just **** off? Something like that. Aye brilliant points, mate.

Some fans will be turmoil. 

Hearts win the cup, but CL deliviers the win. 

Clearly, by the posts some fans will be in turmoil. 

Celebrate or just shrug and say, "aye but it was an easy route to the final, we should have won it." ?

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Celebrate or just shrug and say, "aye but it was an easy route to the final, we should have won it." ?

You are trolling here and nothing else.Are you yet to reach puberty?

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, gedster said:

Think you're in turmoil about what "turmoil" actually means. 

For example, I'd celebrate the win for Hearts and then celebrate more as it's our club legend and PHM  getting his first trophy. ?

No turmoil here lad. The vision is clear. 

Some folk on here will be on at ht during the final discussing his replacement.

Maybe turmoil isn't strong enough. 

Tragic is maybe better. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Just think of the trolling you can do if we get beat in the final and people show their anger and frustration on here. You can proudly state that Levein is here next season and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That must get you excited?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, gedster said:

You are trolling here and nothing else.Are you yet to reach puberty?

Aye, because asking that question is what mature adults do?

****ing weird as well. 

"are you yet to reach puberty" Ffs man. 

Geoff the Mince
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t think either had a moral high ground. One makes vile comments about Clare’s birthmark one wants Hibs to win the cup

potato / potato if you ask me ?

Dont know anything about the posters comment about Clare;  but a guy slagging off posters while cheering on the Hibs winning the cup is rather pathetic .

Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

Dont know anything about the posters comment about Clare;  but a guy slagging off posters while cheering on the Hibs winning the cup is rather pathetic .

Not disagreeing but as I said best leaving both to it neither has any moral high ground to take

Bazzas right boot
Just now, RudiHMFC said:

Just think of the trolling you can do if we get beat in the final and people show their anger and frustration on here. You can proudly state that Levein is here next season and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That must get you excited?

I've said since January his position needs reviewed in the summer. 

Stand by that. 

For me, my priority is the football and the cup win, not banging a drum about sacking or replacing our manager. 

I've also renewed for next season, my support isn't dependent on results or who is in charge. 

Supporter through thick and thin. 

I don't throw in the towel or take my "ball home" when I don't like how things are going. 

?

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Aye, because asking that question is what mature adults do?

****ing weird as well. 

"are you yet to reach puberty" Ffs man. 

Broach a subject in a measured and mature manner and people will listen to your view. Behave like an eleven year old and people will ask if you are an eleven year old. Not rocket science....simples. Maturity, clarity and brevity gives you a minute chance of credibility.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, gedster said:

Broach a subject in a measured and mature manner and people will listen to your view. Behave like an eleven year old and people will ask if you are an eleven year old. Not rocket science....simples. Maturity, clarity and brevity gives you a minute chance of credibility.

Asking if I'm eleven is not the same as asking " have I reached puberty yet". 

That question  phrased that way is ****ing weird and at the very least could also be classed as a form of trolling. 

Practice what you preach young man. ?

Geoff the Mince
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not disagreeing but as I said best leaving both to it neither has any moral high ground to take

Aye your right pal ; I seem to be getting a bit a bit worked up .

Time for some hot chocolate and a sleep ?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Cheering on hibs. ?

Pm me if your going to tell lies like a wee lassie running about a school playground. 

Very cowardly, spreading lies about another person over the Internet. 

I'd say you're better than that, but..... 

Also of topic and nothing to do with CL. 

1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Aye your right pal ; I seem to be getting a bit a bit worked up .

Time for some hot chocolate and a sleep ?

Hot chocolate sounds amazing its been fecking snowing up here today. Has a proper hot chocolate feel about it today. Could just be watching us just now brings out the despair of long winter afternoons in the snow watching us struggle to a draw against the Mortons and Dumbartons of the world.

Geoff the Mince

Cheering on hibs. ?

Pm me if your going to tell lies like a wee lassie running about a school playground. 

Very cowardly, spreading lies about another person over the Internet. 

I'd say you're better than that, but..... 

Also of topic and nothing to do with CL. 

Edited by Geoff the Mince
Not worth it

Hearts1975
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Well when you support a club who have a large chunk of fans who want change when you are second in the league and just started on really some decent form all bets are off re the opinions of our fans IMO

When you say second in the league are you referring to RN being in charge ? B

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

????

Back in ‘65 as wee boys ( Killie 0-2). We thought are we following a team that can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory regularly? Now 54 years later....

feedthefox

There is literally no other work for him outside Hearts. Hearts are his last and only meal ticket so let's not get any notions that he's going, he's not.